GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that if we knew -- or could find out -- when the last time anyone heard the dog barking might be of help to establishing a timeline. Because the houses seem rather far apart (as per a poster above), that might not be a reliable gauge. But it strikes me as something that could be quite a clue, if known.

I think her house was somewhat secluded. I don't think the dog being heard barking would have been a concern.

Here is a link I bookmarked ... the map was created by WS member.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...14200988776853.00049517da72b7e720ec4&t=h&z=12

Michael Sprang, Stephanie's son, says in this video he's not "angry" & has "no hate towards anybody". He's waiting for LE to obtain all the evidence & for the entire story (did anyone know MH?) to be found out. I'm not sure how they'll ever know the answer to that now.

I honestly don't understand how he can feel this way re: the murder of his mom. It's not the first time I've heard something similar from a victim's family member. I'll never understand it tho. Hopefully, someone can help explain it to me?

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...nox-county-missing-family-mourns.html?sid=102

5:20 mark

I think he and the others are in utter shock... I have a friend whose daughter was murdered in a horrible manner by her ex-boyfriend. My friend initially went immediately into "forgiveness" mode- others couldn't understand it. She later found anger, rage and soul-crunching grief, all to come around eventually again to some level of letting go of the hatred.

I think the human psyche cannot handle intense and gruesome shocks like this news must have been. There are all types of possible reactions that may seem odd to others.

When I think of something like this happening to a loved one, I think I would literally try to kill the person who did it. But if you think about it, that rarely happens. I think family getting this news are, at least, initially NUMB and in shock..

Her son also said that & I should've included it in my post. Sorry!

ETA..Now the video is gone (local weather replaced it) but a few of his quotes are there towards the bottom of the article.

That was my answer to your question.

I belive it waas his first. I ate lunch with the kid, he grew up here, graduated from highschool with him. first crim no, but first murder yes. he was locked up along time, and has been back here ever since, just becoming crazier

Haven't read the last couple pages, but just saw the autopsy report. Here's a theory, if I may...MH entered the house and at some point killed Tina. Then as each victim arrived they were killed. I wonder if SS came over before or after the children arrived?

I only say this because of stab wounds to the back, he could have hid behind a door an took them unaware.

I've been lurking here for days, and while reading now just had a thought about whether MH had ever had practice with hiding bodies in hollow trees: The two dogs of his which disappeared.... Maybe he hid the dogs' bodies that way. Maybe as practice for disposing of human bodies, or maybe just to hide the dogs' bodies, and it gave him the idea. When the searchers checked the area where there were vultures overhead, I wonder if they'd find the dogs in a hollow tree there now? Also, the "Catfish Billy" person who seemed to "know" about hollow trees.... I wonder if it's possible that MH told someone about getting rid of the dogs that way, and that poster was haunted by the thought that MH could have done the same with his human victims? Just a thought....

Here is another story I read last Thurs. The date on the story has been changed to Nov 20, because they keep updating the story. I still think I did read specifically that SH saw SS on Wed, but I am still looking for those exact words... Here is a statement which may lead one to believe that is true, since only one of the four (SH) lived to tell- unless MH has given a detailed confession and HE was the last to see them. I doubt this tho..:

All four people were last seen Nov. 10 at the family home in Howard, Ohio (my words- BY WHOM?), about 10 miles from Hoffman's house in Mount Vernon. Police were initially called to the family's home when Herrmann did not show up for work at a local Dairy Queen. When police searched the home, they found it splattered with blood.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-oh...bodies-found-stuffed/story?id=12200654&page=3

Doberman1,
MH just seemed way to skilled for me to think this was his first and only. JMOO

Thanks for posting this great map. I'm wondering if one more place could be added. Where is the local WalMart? (I'm presuming there's just one nearby and that's probably where the receipt came from.)
TIA

I remember reading somewhere the the receipt was dated before the family was attacked and murdered, leading to PREMEDITATION. He had prepared for this, as I understand. I think it was a MIRACLE that he made a mistake and dropped the receipt somewhere.. either TH's truck or the TH's house (that is my thought, LE has not stated where the receipt was found, as I understand). But LE HAS said that the receipt helped in the investigation to find Sarah, and again, I have read (don't have link- have read SSSOOOO much) that the receipt was dated before the crime took place.

-Did LE remove the plumbing fixtures, etc. from the Herrmann home?

-Was there a prolonged presence there?

-I read of "the dungeon" that MH kept Sarah in. Is that literal or a guess at the quarters?

-Is there still a police presence at MH's house?

BBM -

That's what always gets me, too about these heinous evil crimes...vics aren't engaged in risky behaviour, at home - minding their own business, or doing normal things like jogging or walking to school....and little kids - oh, that one really gets me. :(

ETA: and I've been thinking as long as I stayed home I would be 'safe'...so much for that after reading an article where Pat Brown said (FWIW) that home is a greater danger than in public....(this was in context to a story about sexual assaults, but still....)

How a human could ever begin to plan & carryout something so horrible is beyond my comprehension...and how MH could even read a book in his cell is mind boggling....how can he concentrate to read a book? I just don't get it.

Yes, Texas it is a scary place that we ALL are living in..No matter whether in a downtown urban highrise apartment building, to a nice "safe" suburb off from a larger city's "dangers", to the small, cozy, "security" of a little town far away from the "evils" of big city life..

This evil is everywhere it knows no boundaries, no races, no social classes, nor is it contained to one specific area geographically.. This evil is 2 doors down from us, 1 block over from us, standing in line behind us in the bank or at the checkout of our local grocery store, it is preying on our "false" sense of security that we have in our everday lives.. Looking, waiting, watching, lurking from literally yards or even feet away, unseen and unknown to us..

This evil is obsessing and fantasizing about our precious innocent children whom are happily enjoying every minute of life, unaware of what is out there waiting and watching for the opportunity to rob us of our children, to rob our children of their beautiful innocence.. Evil covets the perfect innocence and evil must inflict pain, misery, and sorrow on that which they have so long obsessed over..

As we are carefully and thoughtfully, responsibly and considerately live our lives and raising our children nourished with love, affection, encouragement, and respect.. Doing for our neighbors what we want someone to do for us in our time of need, struggle, or help.. And yet still evil finds its way into our city, our town, our neighborhood, our street, and then the unimaginable...

Evil finds its way into our home...just as it did last Wednesday afternoon in Tina Herrman's home. Their "home", their safe haven, their place of security and comfort, that many nights I imagine Sarah and Kody awoke from childhood nightmares to be comforted by their mom that everything was fine, everything was ok, that they were safe in their home where there were no "boogie" men, that it was all just a nightmare..

Evil found its way there and it robbed this family forever of any sense of security, safety...It entered their home that day and it took EVERYTHING that mom and her two children ever knew of what it is to feel safe and secure and it replaced it with pain, misery, torturous and brutal pain that eventually ended 3 of those lives being stolen away that night.. And to leave the one sole survivor forever altered from the evil that she witnessed and endured in those hours and days..much of it all in the "safety" of her own home with her mom and brother.. A living nightmare unlike anything she was capable of comprehending that a human being could inflict and direct...A nightmare that her mom could not wake her from and comfort her thru..

Matthew Hoffman is the evil of which I speak.. And it can take its shape as anyone and its deceit runs deep.. It is EVERYWHERE AT THIS POINT and I pray that God keep us safe from this evil that knows no boundaries...The evil such as Matthew Hoffman..

-Did LE remove the plumbing fixtures, etc. from the Herrmann home?

-Was there a prolonged presence there?

-I read of "the dungeon" that MH kept Sarah in. Is that literal or a guess at the quarters?

-Is there still a police presence at MH's house?

The scene's been cleared by LE, but I don't know just when, or how long they were there:

[Joe] Pejsa, the uncle of Herrmann's former live-in boyfriend, said he was the first person allowed inside the home after investigators cleared the scene. He said he brought bottles of bleach to clean blood from the bathroom so that his nephew wouldn't have to see it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...xGlH-w?docId=28dad7f070244cc79e1485fdd2a708d0

Hi all -
Had to work today :(
Catching up!
Did we get a coroners report today?

O.K. I'm finding it in back posts...............

Associated Content isn't MSM...it's written by contributors around the country, many of them who aren't reporters. I don't think the article can be considered reliable, as it's taking other articles and interpreting them.

And it says SS "may have been" seen by SM Tuesday. That doesn't mean 100 percent Tuesday. There have been conflicting reports when SS was last seen *in general.*

Besides -- while it has been stated by investigators that SM was in the house when the crime happened, that does not necessarily mean that she saw SS. Nobody has said what specifically happened in the house, and where everybody was when things happened. I don't even want to speculate on what this means, as it makes me sick to think about it.

ITA. At this point none of the media reports has proven to be completely reliable. (I say this with a bit of sarcasm, as a lot of it has been abysmally inaccurate.) I've tried to figure out every which way this awful crime could have taken place without one of the poor victims being able to escape and I keep coming up with different scenarios - each more horrific than the next. Will we ever get answers?

After the time elapsed and considering the condition of the remains, would the coroner be able to determine what time each death took place, thereby giving a sequence? Perhaps Sarah will eventually be able to shed some light on this, but in the meantime we're left with just guesses. And what a dreadful thing to speculate about!

JMO

I have a copy of Catfish Billy's post that's still up - it's quoted by another poster.

here's the link - post 119

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wbns/T73CJRH66IB46JCIU/p6

Really eerie how he was so right on with his idea about how creepy MH might hide a body.

Guys, I am little behind here but wanted to mention, having a son that is sociopath, you CANNOT apply logic to any behavior to them, they JUST do not think the way we do. I always thought while torturing myself when trying to sleep that if I thought and hoped long enough, I could figure out what to do. Well....that doesn't work for them. I was sure I did something to cause him to be that way, but I also raised a perfectly normal daughter and she is the most personal responsible person on earth. We can't figure it out..it's just how they are.

I came to the conclusion when I had to go to Mexico and view a dead body that had been in the water for months. (BTW Mexico doesn't has no refridgeration in their morgues) and the body had been in the water for months and was 10 times swollen when we view it. I'm like George and everyone else.....that smell is something you do not ever forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08