GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Altho i agree its good thinking with the cell phone possibility of how Sarah was found and known to be at Hoffmans..but a couple things don't add up for me..

Yes, correct in that they could track her phone by GPS{without her even attempting a call}if she had the correcttype of phone..but then why did it take 4 days? that is something that could be tracked immediately and the location immediately pop up on the service providers network..

and then LE being so damn certain of Sarah being in that home just doesn't add up to just gps or pinging from cell..first off just the phone could have been there at the residence or she couldve been already dead with the phone..

why were they so very certain they would find Sarah in that home? not outside the home, not just taken by the man in that home and possibly held or buried elsewhere? no insted they were certain Sarah was going to be in Hoffman's home...why?

ETQ~ I originally thought it was because they had gotten the blood testing back and it was all 3 except for SM's blood found in the home..but at the pc after SM found Barber says they had not yet gotten those blood testing results back...??

I think it was either audio surveillance (from MH's license plate when he was questioned at the college) on MH's home, by the FBI.

Or, his mother made a visit and overheard/observed something but didn't let on to MH.

Or, the video from Walmart (they found that receipt).

Or (this is an original idea) they found his fingerprints on the note that Valerie left on Tina's door. Maybe he went out the door and the note fell, and he picked it up and placed it back in the door.

Perhaps the perp, called his X gf and she overheard something or he said something to her..or maybe she went into the house to get something of hers when he was gone, and saw her or heard her and fled like crazy and called the police. I can see the police keeping it quiet because how afraid she was and a potential witness.

Altho i agree its good thinking with the cell phone possibility of how Sarah was found and known to be at Hoffmans..but a couple things don't add up for me..

Yes, correct in that they could track her phone by GPS{without her even attempting a call}if she had the correcttype of phone..but then why did it take 4 days? that is something that could be tracked immediately and the location immediately pop up on the service providers network..

and then LE being so damn certain of Sarah being in that home just doesn't add up to just gps or pinging from cell..first off just the phone could have been there at the residence or she couldve been already dead with the phone..

why were they so very certain they would find Sarah in that home? not outside the home, not just taken by the man in that home and possibly held or buried elsewhere? no insted they were certain Sarah was going to be in Hoffman's home...why?

ETQ~ I originally thought it was because they had gotten the blood testing back and it was all 3 except for SM's blood found in the home..but at the pc after SM found Barber says they had not yet gotten those blood testing results back...??

My theory, as I've posted, is that someone in MH's neighborhood saw a young girl being brought there in the wee hrs of the nite (a tip) or a phone tip from MH's mother, friend, or himself. LE seemed so adamant KNOWING she was THERE, vs knowing she was with HOFFMANN, who could have taken her anywhere.

I think it was either audio surveillance (from MH's license plate when he was questioned at the college) on MH's home, by the FBI.

Or, his mother made a visit and overheard/observed something but didn't let on to MH.

Or, the video from Walmart (they found that receipt).

Or (this is an original idea) they found his fingerprints on the note that Valerie left on Tina's door. Maybe he went out the door and the note fell, and he picked it up and placed it back in the door.

Disagree that the last was how they knew SM was in the house.. I think the receipt led to a suspicion of MH, and then more facts followed- I am pretty sure early on, he was a major suspect. But to know SM's LOCATION when she was to be rescued, required another form of intelligence. I mean, they could have thougt he took her via some evidence they found. And neighbors may have said on Sat/sun.. yes, MH is home. But he could have taken her elsewhere, left her elsewhere, etc.? I am pretty sure someone had knowledge of her in the MH home. That is why I am leery of what LE isn't saying, which is a LOT!

snap...I think having MH's address from the questioning at the college plus FBI audio surveillance on his house was all that was needed.

Hope we find out at the trial!

Could be they were already alerted to him and when the cops questioned him while in his car parked near the truck, perhaps the cops detained him long enough for another patrol to sneak around the outside of the house, and saw her through the basement window...he backed off, and they got the swat team together. Nah if a cop saw her, he would have busted in right then and there.

It's kinda cool to try to sleuth like LE, but we don't have the info nor the toys.

That's exactly what the defense attorney is doing. When his case goes to the GJ, the GJ can also consider other charges as well for indictment.

When he is indicted on the other charges, there will be another formal hearing in Common Pleas Court where he makes a plea to the additional charges.

How it goes from there depends on how he pleads to the charges.

If a decision is made to go on trial for those charges, the defense attorney would most likely waive the right to a speedy trail and try to have the trial as later as they possibly can.

What this means that if the right to speedy trial is waived, it may not be until late 2011 or early 2012 at the earliest before he stands trial.

This is exactally what the def att is doing! He wants to wait as long as possible to go to trial, IF they do. We had a case of a shooting of a deputy in a court room here. It was 3 years before it went to trial, the anger and details had died down, and believe it or not by the time it did go to trial, there were people that even felt sorry for the shooter!!! Even though the whole thing was on tape!! They try to wait until the public settles down over an event like this, and people start forgetting.

The suspect has a right to wave a speedy trial!! I wish the victims had a right to impose one!
Such as get this pond scum in court TOMORROW and lets be done with him!

That suicide log is a pretty boring life huh?? But those are done for suicide watch only.
I also read another log of his first hrs. in custody, I will try to find it and post the link.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...bodies-of-3-missing-people-found.html?sid=101

He was strapped to a chair for the first 2 ½ hrs. of questioning and he urinated on himself.
(mod feel free to clip that if necessary)
He was interrogated for 6 ½ hrs. straight the second day.
I believe this is standard procedure for violent crimes.

BUT………. If he is sentenced to the DP, not to mean his life will be great by any means, but it will be a lot better than a lifer in General Population. He will have far more privileges than the average inmate. And even better housing. And will be kept secure. Some live on Death Row for years and years.
Dahmer didn’t get the DP because Wisconsin doesn’t have one. So he got 15 consecutive life or 937 years. His insanity plea was rejected.

He was arrested in 1991 - killed by an inmate 1994, he didn’t last to long in General Population!!

It could go the same way for MH. Lifers usually have no qualms about taking other lifers out, depending on their crimes. But the prisons try to keep it from happening.

The most infamous DP case we have here is Troy Kell (stabbed another inmate 67 times! Was already doing life for a previous murder at the time), I think he’ll die of old age before we kill him!!! He’s our multi multi million dollar inmate!!
I’m not against DP in certain circumstances but, I can assure you it’s no QUICK fix! It drags on forever.

Facebook reporting Tina hermans house caught fire last night.

(RSBM)

I don't trust the media for obvious reasons. In my 1 1/2 years at WS, following half a dozen cases from beginning to end, it has become obvious that they rush to get their items into print to beat the competition, they mis-hear things, they quote unsubstantiated rumours, and they tend to sensationalize as much as their editors will allow in order to sell their product. Over and over again, we have found dozens of errors in reporting that were later proven to be false.

I also don't trust reports by neighbours, friends, and other persons interviewed by the media, some of whom exaggerate, lie, and make mistakes. Then, this can all be misquoted, or quoted out of context, by the media.

So, what's left? That leaves only what I hear LE say with my own ears. Otherwise, we really have nothing.

Today, I listened again to Sheriff Barber's first two pressers. He struck me as an honest, sincere man, calm under the circumstances. I didn't catch a single false note in what he said, unless he hesitated. With regards to the condition of the house and what LE expected after Sarah was rescued, I took him at his word and wrote down verbatim what he said.

FROM 11/13/2010 PRESSER

BARBER:
  • " ... unusual amount of blood in that house."
  • "It isn't from someone stubbing their toe or cutting their finger peeling an apple, or something like that."
MALE REPORTER: "It's not like an axe murder or anything like that, right?"

BARBER:
  • "No, it's not. No."
  • "It wasn't a situation where it looked like there was a wild party."
FEMALE REPORTER: "You have not said publicly and you're not saying now that these four people are dead."

BARBER: "Not at this time. No."

FROM 11/15/2010 PRESSER

BARBER:

• "We still want to remain optimistic that Tina, Stephanie, and Kody are alive, maybe being held against their will at some location."

This was after they had time to thoroughly investigate the house and after Hoffman had been arrested. Sheriff Barber sounded completely sincere to me. So, I can't believe that statement about the house having to be "gutted" or that it looked as bad as some reports claimed. I'm just more inclined to believe this soft-spoken sheriff than what I've read online.

But, that's JMHO.

Thanks for persuading me back into my original position (of trusting what Sheriff Barber was saying). From the beginning, his words are what I trusted the most. Maybe it's my own local bias, but growing up in the Columbus area, I already also was listening to what 10tv had to say. Their reporters tried to report and quote facts, and if it wasn't a "fact", they said so ("neighbors said..."). And they weren't sensationaizing it...at least from my perspective. After a while, I stopped reading other sources, unless it contained info. we didn't know (such as the Colorado info). Chatty neighbors bothered me (both here and in his hometown). Why do people jump in front of cameras so easily? ugggg. And then there are/were news stories who are compiling from other news stories (national basis, because it is a big story) who can change one word and change the meaning of everything.

But thanks again ... I hadn't heard much about the Sheriff before this (except his fight with the County Commissioners to get funding during cuts) ... but now I truly admire him (and other members of his office, including deputies).

I dont know I am searching for a link. Someone said WBNS 10 TV has confirmed it but I have not seen it yet.

It's in the morning update video ontheir web site, I don't think there is an article. Just in the video.

watched the you tube about the tree.....I still think it looked like any other tree in those woods......it reinforces MO that MH had been up in that tree previously....probably dreaming up what he could put in that tree.....it would take a heruculean effort to do it....I assume he had either a ladder or those crampon things that you wear when your're climbing a tree....

I still wonder how the cops found that particular tree....
Not Herculaneum by any sense. All he would have needed would have been a block and tackle or just a rope to hoist himself up and the same for Tina, Kody and Stephanie. They use a weighted beanbag tied to a lighter weight rope, which is in turn tied to the large climbing rope to throw the end of the rope over a branch. Tree trimmers have all kinds of gadgets to make it easier than you might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico