GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
one entry in the log said he was standing at the window. I was hoping that there are NO trees in sight.

yeah, I don't think he deserves a window at all, even if it looks out onto a huge brick wall.

Someone needs to go up and put pictures of Kody, Tina, and Stephanie on the OUTSIDE of his window, so when he glances that way, he can see the smiling faces of his victims and because it would be outside, he could never take them down.

one entry in the log said he was standing at the window. I was hoping that there are NO trees in sight.

He maybe in an observation rm. the "window" maybe the window in the door out into the hallway. He may not have an outside window in the cell.

I noticed in the log it said he had a visitor on 11/17 at 2200 so I assume that was his mom and then on 11/19 at 1758 he was listed in CSI with public defender. After reading this I do believe his mom convinced him to give up the location of the family and I assume he was in CSI to get all the test and samples that they needed once they found the family in the tree.

When I lived in Rochester (NY), there was a man murdered (shot), right inside his front door (after answering his door they guessed). It was on the way to my kid's school, and I'd pass it often.

Eventually it went up for sale, and sold ... every time I passed it, I thought of what happened. I can't imagine buying it either, but someone did. Maybe very cheap?...who knows. Another case of "too close to home", but not nearly the impact of this one.

In my area very small comunity very rural. We had a murder of 6 in 98 a boy of 15 used a hammer and murder 6 people, three were kids. The details was horriible. I think it was like three day before the school called in wellness check. The boy was staying in the house with the bodies.

That house is still a rental. The owner gutted the wall and remodel. I still feel when I go by that house no way would I ever want to live in the house.

IMO it just a remainer of the horror in our small community. I did hear that the renters who live there for a few years that it really don't bother them.

Unless I'm mistaken, that means that he will plead guilty to the kidnapping charge and go directly to sentencing when the time comes. (If I'm right, this is completely separate from any further charges he'll be facing regarding the murders.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

that what I was thinking.

Well, it was nice to hear the FBI agent speak (I remember him in the background during Sheriff Barber's final press conference). But he really didn't say anything specific.

And this is what I mean about sensationalism. nbc4 is guilty of this (the headline does not equal what the agent said, interviewing a psychology professor who has no inside info), and I hate to say that, because they used to be very credible. But nbc4, fox28columbus and abc6 are all owned by the same company: Clear Channel. I didn't even know that (was out of State for 13 years) until I noticed on their news sites online, that they all had the same reporter who was reporting from the scene (in the beginning). Someone mentioned budget cuts before ... well, this is stretching the budget thin. So anything you hear on one, it could be from the same source as the others .. except 10tv (local cbs affiliate), which is separate (and in my own local biased humble opinion, most credible for facts).

p.s. the Clear Channel affiliation is why I assumed that Fox News (national) sent their own reporter to Knox County (rather than relying on a local Fox affiliate for their story). I remember seeing a Fox News microphone at a press conference, as well as ABC6 and 10TV, and looking for a nbc4 or fox28 but not seeing them. ONN (Ohio News Network, which I believe is affiliated with 10TV) and CNN also had mics on that stand at some point. I could be wrong, but that's my recollection.

Not Herculaneum by any sense. All he would have needed would have been a block and tackle or just a rope to hoist himself up and the same for Tina, Kody and Stephanie. They use a weighted beanbag tied to a lighter weight rope, which is in turn tied to the large climbing rope to throw the end of the rope over a branch. Tree trimmers have all kinds of gadgets to make it easier than you might think.

here's a possible explanation on how easily MH could have navigated the tree & placed the bodies in it

http://www.chathousenews.com/2010/11/how-could-matthew-j-hoffman-get-up-65.html

My sympathies do go out to all the brave jurors that have to endure
the punishment of viewing the most horrific photographs and hear the unthinkable.
I have thought many times of the dreams, PTSD jurors have after such trials.
I have never been picked for anything serious for a jury.
I am hoping he confesses and saves everyone from a long gruesome trial.
Be brave.......

I think he will confess. I hate to think that a family will have to sit thru a trial. That break my heart.

Someone needs to go up and put pictures of Kody, Tina, and Stephanie on the OUTSIDE of his window, so when he glances that way, he can see the smiling faces of his victims and because it would be outside, he could never take them down.

Ooooooohhhh I LIKE this idea!

Wow, after skimming through MH's suicide watch log I'm really beginning to think a sentence of life without parole in solitary confinement is a way worse punishment than death. I got bored to tears just during the five minutes I took to read the log - i can't imagine living such a life, the same thing, day in and day out, no or very very little fresh air, no or very little social interaction, horrible food (I can only imagine)...such a life truly sounds like heLL on earth to me, and a much worse fate than death.

I only felt anger while reading the log. He gets the luxury of having someone check on his well being every ten minutes. He also gets to shower himself and hold a book and lay on his side and pout if he wants. His victims will never get those opportunities. I can only hope that he feels some of that fear and loneliness while he's laying on his mat.
Not directed to you Mia just jumped off your post.

I suspect his intention was to burn the house down but he didn't get the chance....thanks to the Dq woman who went inside and called police....

I agree. I think leaving Tina's truck miles away from her home was done to lead authorities to think the family had left the home and disappeared somewhere in the area of Kenyon College. With Stephanie's car parked in the garage, he might have torched the place and burned the evidence of his crime.

It would have left a big mystery..........the house burned down with no bodies inside, so the family escaped the fire, but they've completely disappeared.

I hesitate posting this. It is the realtors' web site who sold 481 King Beach to TH & GB. It contains pictures of the rooms of the house.

http://www.sammiller.com/481kbd.htm

Thanks for posting the link to the realtor's ad. This gives us a good idea of how easy it would have been for MH to conceal what was happening. If the deputy came to the front door and looked in the one window that's on the front porch........he may not see anything out of order. I think what happened may have happened downstairs on the lower level which would be somewhat concealed from view if anyone was looking on the main level where the kitchen, dining, and living room are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02