OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't actually been reported even once.

Thanks for all that info.

However, I do want to point out that much of the info in the Missing In Ohio podcast, for example, should be considered reporting, as it came from an actual investigation into the case from someone actually getting their info directly from CPD and from the evidence.

If people think this is somehow less valid than what most other written "news" stories about missing persons are, then I have news for you. I think people are just not used to the medium yet so they don't trust it as much as network news or newspaper articles.

I know you can't trust the info from people who might be suspects BD etc, of course, as in any other case but I think you can trust a source who has essentially interviewed CPD as much as any other journalist who claims to have done the same on any other format. It's just not written down, so transcripts would be helpful.

In this case, it was reported by investigators who had spoken with CPD that Tyler was in fact seen on video footage leaving the Uber, several times, as I had mentioned, and that it had been verified by CPD as being him. Whether they wanted this info to be released to the public is another thing, but I'm not sure why they would talk about it with investigators if that wasn't the case.

If he indeed was seen on video getting out of the Uber, I’m confused why the police haven’t been more forthcoming and why large local searches haven’t been pursued.. their overall silence is easily interpreted that they are looking internally at foul play.
Maybe they’re trying to establish if something between “friend” and Tyler happened outside...?
I do find it so so strange that the friend left so suddenly...
MOO

I re-listened to the True Crime Garage interview w/BD and according to her LE did some pretty thorough searching after Tyler disappeared. She said dogs hit on a pond and it was searched along with other bodies of water in the area multiple times. LE hasn’t confirmed this because they pretty much haven’t confirmed anything in this case.

BD’s account has some very specific details about people who interacted with Tyler that night. LE would have easily confirmed the bouncer arguing with him and the Uber driver being annoyed that he was taking so long to get out of the car. Even without footage of him getting out of the car, this would be easy to confirm or not.

I still think this was sadly drunken misadventure and he just hasn’t been found yet. In fact I think they were all very drunk and maybe some of the strangeness comes from not really being able to remember exactly all that happened. (And not wanting to come across like that.) I wish they would search the bodies of water around there again and maybe even further out if getting carried by pipes or a stream is a possibility. Drones might be helpful. MOO

There's no way Tyler wasn't there that night, even though it's strange there's not a lot of footage. That makes no logical sense to even question. If you were trying to hide the fact that your husband / friend was missing, would you go to like 10 different public places in a very busy area and claim he had been there with you the whole time?

Tyler or a Tyler look-alike (besides Schon) had to have been there with them that night.
And yes, the police do have at least the footage of the 3 of them getting out of the Uber at the Hilton. That's been reported several times.

However, I do want to point out that much of the info in the Missing In Ohio podcast, for example, should be considered reporting, as it came from an actual investigation into the case from someone actually getting their info directly from CPD and from the evidence.

If people think this is somehow less valid than what most other written "news" stories about missing persons are, then I have news for you. I think people are just not used to the medium yet so they don't trust it as much as network news or newspaper articles.

I know you can't trust the info from people who might be suspects BD etc, of course, as in any other case but I think you can trust a source who has essentially interviewed CPD as much as any other journalist who claims to have done the same on any other format. It's just not written down, so transcripts would be helpful.

In this case, it was reported by investigators who had spoken with CPD that Tyler was in fact seen on video footage leaving the Uber, several times, as I had mentioned, and that it had been verified by CPD as being him. Whether they wanted this info to be released to the public is another thing, but I'm not sure why they would talk about it with investigators if that wasn't the case.

Wait...who is on the podcast that relayed the info from the actual investigation? I must have missed this! Are there links and names of these reporters/investigators who spoke to CPD? Where was it ever reported by investigators that tyler was in fact seen leaving the uber? I have listened to the podcast once. Maybe i need a refresher. I will listen again. Apologies in advance if I am wrong....

so far - and i have followed this thread from the beginning i thought the ONLY thing CPD has verified is that they are looking into data from Tyler's phone. There doesn't have to be a look-alike tyler, or anything crazy about BD and her 'friend' who we technically AREN'T allowed to name on this site - going out to bars on the night he went missing. As I have said before on this thread, where are the witnesses? where is the statement from CPD to the podcast 'investigators' saying they were interviewing witnesses who were in the same establishments as tyler that night? WHERE ARE THE CCTV videos? there are NONE. Tyler's phone data that they are looking into could be tracking him from a completely different location than Easton town center that night....we have no way of knowing, of course, unless CPD elaborates on their comments which I don't believe they will. Unless they already did and i missed it??I guess my main point is it feels to me like we are all on some kind of wild goose chase and have absolutely NO verified facts of where tyler davis was that night and what happened to him.

consider the Brian Shaffer case - another missing person case in central ohio that has never been solved. they have publicly televised the video of him on the escalator at the Ugly Tuna Saloon since he went missing which was SEVERAL years ago - 2006 to be exact. There have to be SO many more cameras around in in this day and age - why do we have NOTHING???? Off to re-listen to the podcast....

So I studied the 3D map around abbott nutrition on Stelzer rd. There is a retention pond right there behind the building , facing the direction of the hotel. If Tyler was in the woods 10 minutes earlier, there is a wooded area with a couple other ponds right before hitting Abbott parking lot. Walk around the building and there is a huge pond. It’s covered in pond scum. If there were a body in there , it would be difficult to see. A lot of missing people turn up in ponds like these. They are shallow, but there’s also quick mud and sediment at the bottom of them and drain pipes that can potentially hold a body under. I counted 3 of them near Abbott, but one is right there . I doubt they were searched in February while partially frozen. It’s odd that’s where he was when his phone died or went to voicemail. If he was walking around with no jacket, he was probably experiencing hypothermia, couldn’t speak by the last call of his life... Wasn’t watching where he was going while trying to answer the phone... fell in , already hypothermic and in poor condition. Icy water finished the deed . Causing phone to go straight to voicemail. Someone needs to search that pond behind Abbott! I have a feeling he’s in there

So I studied the 3D map around abbott nutrition on Stelzer rd. There is a retention pond right there behind the building , facing the direction of the hotel. If Tyler was in the woods 10 minutes earlier, there is a wooded area with a couple other ponds right before hitting Abbott parking lot. Walk around the building and there is a huge pond. It’s covered in pond scum. If there were a body in there , it would be difficult to see. A lot of missing people turn up in ponds like these. They are shallow, but there’s also quick mud and sediment at the bottom of them and drain pipes that can potentially hold a body under. I counted 3 of them near Abbott, but one is right there . I doubt they were searched in February while partially frozen. It’s odd that’s where he was when his phone died or went to voicemail. If he was walking around with no jacket, he was probably experiencing hypothermia, couldn’t speak by the last call of his life... Wasn’t watching where he was going while trying to answer the phone... fell in , already hypothermic and in poor condition. Icy water finished the deed . Causing phone to go straight to voicemail. Someone needs to search that pond behind Abbott! I have a feeling he’s in there
I am right there with you on this! !!!

I can’t find anything with anyone saying this particular pond was searched and I wonder (like others on here) if Abbott ever gave permission to search. Seems like a no brainer since that’s where his tracking supposedly stopped.
It was 29 degrees that night and he was out there for a while, drunk and not dressed for the weather. I think water is where he ended up, and I wouldn’t surprised if it was that pond.

ITA.

Valid theory, but would his body not have eventually
surfaced ?

Last edited:
surfaced ?
I think it most likely would have if it were there. Retention ponds are designed to hold water to prevent excessive run-off from a developed property during precipitation.
They don't drain rapidly, by design, so the force to hold a body against a pipe wouldn't be that strong.

surfaced ?
Not if something is keeping him under the water . Pipes for drainage, flannel caught up on something in a spot that is covered with pond scum. The wife said that the dogs picked up his scent near a pond and they searched and found nothing. Which I’m gonna call BS since most retention ponds here are half frozen up until end of April . He was missing in February. It’s cold enough to fall into a half frozen pond at 4 am , and the top will be iced back over the next day. That’s if the top was fully frozen to begin with... Anyway, there’s no way they searched those ponds thoroughly unless they searched again after Spring

I feel like this is possible but...how would he fall in though? I haven't looked at the 3D map but isn't it a gradual entry into the retention pond? he would have to kind of walk in then? this seems sort of unlikely to me but I do agree that those ponds - all of them - should be searched simply for the reason that his phone was allegedly last tracked to that area.

What do you guys think about the theory mentioned earlier in this thread that he was maybe hit by a drunk driver when crossing the street and the person panicked, loaded him in the car, and left him somewhere else? seems unlikely too...but just wondering.

I am still not sure he was ever at Easton but....glad this thread is still going...

I feel like this is possible but...how would he fall in though? I haven't looked at the 3D map but isn't it a gradual entry into the retention pond? he would have to kind of walk in then? this seems sort of unlikely to me but I do agree that those ponds - all of them - should be searched simply for the reason that his phone was allegedly last tracked to that area.

What do you guys think about the theory mentioned earlier in this thread that he was maybe hit by a drunk driver when crossing the street and the person panicked, loaded him in the car, and left him somewhere else? seems unlikely too...but just wondering.

I am still not sure he was ever at Easton but....glad this thread is still going...
As for the hit and run theory - it would take a lot of effort to load a crash victim into a car. Not something most people could easily do alone.

bodies always rise to the surface eventually. Unless they are in a car or have a tree on top of them IMO. And even in the latter scenario, gases begin to collect such that a body could be pulled up... (forgive me for this:) or parts of it.
I wish that was true in Ariel's case in Montreal. LE was convinced his body was in the river, and unfortunately, his body hasn't been found. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt