OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the older videos (2010) it appearsTD and 2 of his friends REALLY enjoyed making crazy videos (the TV show Jack *advertiser censored** comes to mind). Everything from breaking sticks across a friend's bare back, eating habanero peppers, punching, etc. Makes me wonder if a prank went bad?

i still cannot believe how many young men's bodies are being found in bodies of water. Another young man in Canada was also found recently, after leaving his friends on foot from a bowling alley. This case, however, has indications that make it seem like an accident is unlikely and that there might have been a personal situation leading to his possible circumstances. Still....

i still cannot believe how many young men's bodies are being found in bodies of water. Another young man in Canada was found recently, after leaving his friends on foot from a bowling alley. This case, however, has indications that make it seem like an accident is unlikely and that there might have been a personal situation leading to his possible circumstances. Still....
Despite a news source touting a debunked theory about a serial killer, young men, and water, I know from growing up with a Mom who was the Sheriff in a town bordered by two rivers, that you add youth, late hours, and alcohol, and it's really easy to stumble into the water in the dark. If it's winter, the cold will incapacitate you before you can get out, even if normally physically fit.

Police in Columbus are investigating after a man's body washed up on the banks of the Scioto River.

Body found along Scioto River in Columbus
That river is a number of miles from the hotel and the bridge where the body was found even further south. I doubt Tyler could have walked there. There is an older man missing from that area that has his own thread at WS, could be him.

That river is a number of miles from the hotel and the bridge where the body was found even further south. I doubt Tyler could have walked there. There is an older man missing from that area that has his own thread at WS, could be him.

Was just thinking the same thing! The Scioto river is on the other side of town from Easton Town Center. But, i guess he didn't have to necessarily walk there?!? Could have caught a ride? Strange though....hope we find some more definitive answers soon.

Despite a news source touting a debunked theory about a serial killer, young men, and water, I know from growing up with a Mom who was the Sheriff in a town bordered by two rivers, that you add youth, late hours, and alcohol, and it's really easy to stumble into the water in the dark. If it's winter, the cold will incapacitate you before you can get out, even if normally physically fit.
I don't think I mentioned this before, but these cases are common, especially with young men - as you say Grace.

Apparently, in the UK, it is quite common for men to leave a group (momentarily or to head home) and they stop near a body of water to relieve themselves and fall in accidentally. I guess LE in the UK repeatedly finds these men in the water with their flies down. I have never heard a detail like this released in US or CANADA cases, but it is pretty logical.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but these cases are common, especially with young men - as you say Grace.

Apparently, in the UK, it is quite common for men to leave a group (momentarily or to head home) and they stop near a body of water to relieve themselves and fall in accidentally. I guess LE in the UK repeatedly finds these men in the water with their flies down. I have never heard a detail like this released in US or CANADA cases, but it is pretty logical.

I agree with you. However, in the case of Joey Labute, The Franklin County Coroner went on record stating that he was placed in the water already deceased. Unable to determine COD but they were able to rule out drowning.

I agree with you. However, in the case of Joey Labute, The Franklin County Coroner went on record stating that he was placed in the water already deceased. Unable to determine COD but they were able to rule out drowning.
Oh definitely, there are still plenty that are suspicious...ones like you point out here, which are the ones highlighted in the media - men found after weeks who did not drown and were not in the water for the entire time that they were missing. And this case certainly does not sound like an accidental disappearance...

I so agree! I checked for updates and there is almost nothing out there.
If you see a report that "Tyler Davis has been found safe", it's a young African-American man in the Kansas City area that went missing around the same time. Not this Tyler. Hoping he's brought home. This article has more information on Tyler from Ohio (and he is 29, so not the meth guy in the earlier link). The wife's story is a bit different than originally reported. I recall originally they went to the hotel and he and their friend got into an argument and he left the motel on foot. Now it's being reported that the three of them were all outside in the mall area and caught an Uber back, then Tyler and his friend left and only the friend came back. Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

The story provided in this article seems to be very different from the original articles. I wonder if that was just because the original articles were quickly put together and not accurate or if the story has changed. Also, is it normal for the police to have no comment to the media, especially a Dateline affiliate? Seems like they’d want to use that publicity to help the investigation.

If you see a report that "Tyler Davis has been found safe", it's a young African-American man in the Kansas City area that went missing around the same time. Not this Tyler. Hoping he's brought home. This article has more information on Tyler from Ohio (and he is 29, so not the meth guy in the earlier link). The wife's story is a bit different than originally reported. I recall originally they went to the hotel and he and their friend got into an argument and he left the motel on foot. Now it's being reported that the three of them were all outside in the mall area and caught an Uber back, then Tyler and his friend left and only the friend came back. Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

So this is a vastly different version of events. Tyler was obviously under the influence of something, and it seems maybe something very powerful when he makes the last calls.

This could possibly be an OD. And then the removal of Tyler (dead or passed out at this time) by someone who didn't want to acknowledge their involvement in supplying Tyler with the drugs. Maybe around 4:35AM?

So this is a vastly different version of events. Tyler was obviously under the influence of something, and it seems maybe something very powerful when he makes the last calls.

This could possibly be an OD. And then the removal of Tyler (dead or passed out at this time) by someone who didn't want to acknowledge their involvement in supplying Tyler with the drugs. Maybe around 4:35AM?

I think he was under the influence of something, too. When I hear "confusion" and wandering around "lost", I think of meth. Also, from the most recent article, if they were all so exhausted from the night out on the town, why were they all still awake at well past 4:00 a.m.? Just saying . . . in my opinion it is odd.

"Brittany told Dateline nothing was out of ordinary that evening. But by the time they had walked around the sprawling shopping complex –- which includes no fewer than 235 retail stores, 40 restaurants and 750 residential units, according to its website –- it was around 3:00 a.m. and everyone was exhausted."
Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member