GUILTY OH v. Erica Stefanko (murder of Ashley Biggs in June 2012)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WEDNESDAY. JAN. 24

At 9:30 a.m., court took a break due to technical problems.​

Grace testified Erica was an abusive stepmother and at one time made her eat yogurt with dog feces. She also said Erica was physically abusive and would hit her, leaving bruises, threatening with additional harm if she told her dad.​

Grace said Erica was envious that she was close with her dad.​

Grace also recalled hearing Erica order the pizza the night of the murder and that Erica used a different name.​

Grace Cobb, 18, is the prosecution’s first witness Wednesday. Grace is the daughter of Chad Cobb and Ashley Biggs.​

Testimony resumed at 8:45 a.m. in the retrial for Erica Stefanko in front of Summit County Court of Common Pleas Judge Jennifer Towell.​

Posting yesterday's X notes from Day 2 of the retrial for Erica Stefanko.

@BrittanyWier

1706107735177.png

Day 2 of the retrial for Erica Stefanko is underway. Stefanko is accused of killing Army veteran Ashley Biggs in 2012.We will be bringing you live updates from this trial all day on @clevland19news .

Chad Cobb is back on the witness stand and is being cross-examined by the defense.

"For this case to actually have some transparency in it, as far as my actions, as far as Erica's actions, as far as what happened to us, what happened to Ashley, what happened to Grace, this information needs to be put on the table & discussed," said Cobb.

Defense: "Did you have zip ties on you?" Cobb: "No, I didn't have zip ties." Defense: "That night?" Cobb: "No sir.”

Defense: "If you didn't have zip ties on you, then how did one of them end up around Ashley's neck?" Cobb: "That would be the defendant." Defense: "The defendant did that?" Cobb: "Yes, sir”

The prosecution has begun their questioning of Cobb by asking him about phone calls between him and Erica. The calls in question were made while Cobb was in jail. Cobb was asked if he and Erica knew the phone calls were being recorded, to which Cobb said “yes.”

Mike Travis has now taken the witness stand. He was the manager at the Dominos where Ashley Briggs worked.

The defense asked Travis about what he saw when he went looking for Ashley Briggs. He said she didn’t return from the pizza delivery, so he went to the address where the pizza was supposed to be dropped off. However, when he got there, he said he knew something was wrong.

Travis said he didn’t see Ashley’s car and was worried.“There was a little road that led to the back. I was getting ready to go back there until I saw the blood and I turned around.”He said after he drove away, he called the police.

@BrittanyWier

Day 3 of the retrial for Erica Stefanko is underway. Stefanko is accused of killing Ashley Biggs in 2012.Grace Cobb is on the witness stand. She is the daughter of Ashley & Chad. Grace was in the car during the murdered.We will be bringing you live updates @cleveland19news

1706114343691.png
https://twitter.com/BrittanyWier/status/1750171843493773743/photo/1
"Erica had a role in my mother's death and she just walked away from it and I don't think that is right." - Grace Cobb.

Glenn Harget is the prosecution’s second witness of the day. He is a patrolman for the New Franklin Police Department.

DAY 4, THURSDAY. JAN. 25

“With the ligature around the neck, tightened up like that, it is going to primarily block the blood vessels going to and going from her head and that is going to result in an asphyxia death. It doesn’t have to block off the airway in order to cause death. It just has to block those main blood vessels deep in the neck,” said Dr. Lisa Kohler.

Dr. Lisa Kohler is on the witness stand. She is the Chief Medical Examiner who performed the autopsy on Ashley Biggs.

The Defense starts to cross examine Cindy Cobb. They ask her why she held on to the recordings for 4 years before she handed them over to police. Cobb said she left them in her gun safe and forgot about them until she bought a new gun safe in 2018.

“You told me face to face, you made the phone call and you set the meeting up.”
Cindy Cobb in recording speaking with Erica Stefanko

Day 5 of the Erica Stefanko Trial starts with Michael Hitchings, a Detective for the City of New Franklin taking the witness stand.

Detective Hitchings talks about the clothing that Chad Cobb was wearing the night Ashley Biggs was killed.

1706288505861.png

Hitchings also says that Chad Cobb wrote him a letter while Cobb was in prison. The letter explains in detail Erica Stefanko's involvement in the murder.

1706288539596.png

DAY 5, FRIDAY. JAN. 26

The trial wrapped up for the day around 12:30 p.m. It is set to resume on Monday at 9 a.m.

The prosecution brings up the cartoon stick figure family sticker that was on the back on Cobb and Stefanko’s car. They mention that the mother and father cartoon were torn off the back of the car, but later found on a fence post. The prosecution asks Detective Hitchings to explain the significance of this.

Hitchings talks about a letter that Chad Cobb wrote to him while he was in jail. According to Hitchings, the letter goes over the entire day of the murder and Erica Stefanko’s involvement.

The First Witness called to the stand is Michael Hitchings, a Detective for the City of New Franklin. Hitchings talks about how he knew it took two people to pull of this murder. He said once Chad confessed, his job still wasn’t done.

@BrittanyWier

Day 3 of the retrial for Erica Stefanko is underway. Stefanko is accused of killing Ashley Biggs in 2012.Grace Cobb is on the witness stand. She is the daughter of Ashley & Chad. Grace was in the car during the murdered.We will be bringing you live updates @cleveland19news

View attachment 477320
"Erica had a role in my mother's death and she just walked away from it and I don't think that is right." - Grace Cobb.

Glenn Harget is the prosecution’s second witness of the day. He is a patrolman for the New Franklin Police Department.
I had no idea that Grace was in the car when the murder took place. Oh my goodness! She's endured so much and such a remarkable young woman!

@BrittanyWier

Mike talks about his relationship with Erica and when it got started. During his testimony Mike says he started dating Erica in November of 2012, and then moved in with her in January. This would be only a couple months after Chad Cobb is arrested for murder.

12:14 PM · Jan 29, 2024

“After she got arrested for aggravated murder, why would you stay with her,” asks the defense.“She is my soulmate. I love her,” says Mike Stefanko.

12:15 PM · Jan 29, 2024

She has a smart lawyer to come up with this story, I'm nervous she's going to get off. Ugh, let's hope the jury can see through it.

DAY 6, MONDAY. JAN. 29

“He was going to get a hold of some meth from someone that he went to high school with and he was going to place that in Ashley’s car. Then we would call the police and get the police there,” says Erica Stefanko

Stefanko says she didn’t know Ashley Biggs was dead when she went to meet Chad Cobb in the woods near “his” bridge.

Erica Stefanko says she didn’t know that Chad Cobb was planning on murdering Ashley Biggs. She testifies that Chad Cobb told her that he was only going to place drugs in Ashley Biggs car in hopes of getting her arrested.

She talks about her relationship with Chad and says he is abusive.

The next witness set to take the stand is Erica Stefanko.

“After she got arrested for aggravated murder, why would you stay with her,” asks the defense.

“She is my soulmate. I love her,” says Mike Stefanko.

The defense asks Mike about raising all of the children and why he continues to care for them.

Mike talks about his relationship with Erica and when it got started. During his testimony Mike says he started dating Erica in November of 2012, and then moved in with her in January. This would be only a couple months after Chad Cobb is arrested for murder.

Mike Stefanko, Erica’s husband, is the first witness to take the stand.

The jury is expected to be back in court at 9 a.m.

She has a smart lawyer to come up with this story, I'm nervous she's going to get off. Ugh, let's hope the jury can see through it.

It reminds me of Charlie Adelson's defense - making up details to fit the evidence after the fact. Hopefully the recording from her ex-MIL will be enough for the jury to find her guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back