OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, all criminals are "mental cases" of one sort or another. This is no hall pass
Sounds like this woman played crazy (like a fox), and got a slap on the wrist, if that.
I dont have enough facts to speculate further, but this is certainly where I would focus my attention

I've re-opened the thread. As you can see, quite a few posts had to be removed or snipped.

Please read these reminders before you post.

<snip>

• [*]Sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed.
    [/B]

• Question..... Does that include deceased family members? :waitasec:

Thank you.

Well yes, all criminals are "mental cases" of one sort or another. This is no hall pass
Sounds like this woman played crazy (like a fox), and got a slap on the wrist, if that.
I dont have enough facts to speculate further, but this is certainly where I would focus my attention

I don't recall seeing this mentioned (apologies if it was)... I found that AJT died in 2012.

GBMG - great post, interesting points. I'm still laser focused on this note writer and her family. I think your speculation that she might have been covering for another family member is a very interesting, and probable one

What else do we know about that family; what has been publicly shared and can be discussed in this forum? Again, it is my staunch opinion that anyone that could write such horrid notes under such circumstances is capable of other nefarious acts. What happened to this family? Any criminal acts in the years that have followed?

I do see the appeal, Rose. I've had similar thoughts since the beginning of the thread, and I certainly wouldn't advise not locking under this rock :)

But I also see the potential that, as ZaZara (link) and others have suggested, that this family has simply struggled over the years to deal with the fallout of their mother's mental health issues.

Re the BBM, because her family members are neither suspect nor POIs, they not "sleuthable" here, and we have gotten our wrists gently slapped (i.e., posts deleted) for venturing into this territory. But as Bessie did say, that doesn't mean we can't do this on our own.

I myself have found nothing of any significance. However, Mouse posted earlier in the thread (link) about a very sad twist of fate -- a tragedy that befell AJT and her family years after the note hoax.

I do see the appeal, Rose. I've had similar thoughts since the beginning of the thread, and I certainly wouldn't advise not locking under this rock :)

But I also see the potential that, as ZaZara (link) and others have suggested, that this family has simply struggled over the years to deal with the fallout of their mother's mental health issues.

Re the BBM, because her family members are neither suspect nor POIs, they not "sleuthable" here, and we have gotten our wrists gently slapped (i.e., posts deleted) for venturing into this territory. But as Bessie did say, that doesn't mean we can't do this on our own.

I myself have found nothing of any significance. However, Mouse posted earlier in the thread (link) about a very sad twist of fate -- a tragedy that befell AJT and her family years after the note hoax.

2005 must have been a rough year for AJT. She lost her husband a few months later in November.

Question..... Does that include deceased family members? :waitasec:

Thank you.

Re: Sleuthing the deceased that have not been named POI.

Oh, I have a feeling that is not allowed either.

bbm: -But Gemmie, you raise an interesting point because- I am not sure a deceased person would ever become a suspect in the same way? Correct me if I am wrong, as I understand it, a dead person can't be tried for crimes constitutionally because of their right to a fair trial. But I do wonder what would happen if say someone who witnessed a murder came forward many years later and corroborated enough evidence to make an arrest, but the murderer is dead themselves. I wonder, how is that handled?

bbm: -But Gemmie, you raise an interesting point because- I am not sure a deceased person would ever become a suspect in the same way? Correct me if I am wrong, as I understand it, a dead person can't be tried for crimes constitutionally because of their right to a fair trial. But I do wonder what would happen if say someone who witnessed a murder came forward many years later and corroborated enough evidence to make an arrest, but the murderer is dead themselves. I wonder, how is that handled?

If the deceased's DNA was found in a DNA sample.... and/or fingerprints on murder weapon(s)... I'd think that would be worthy of closure for the family. They'd know who did it and wouldn't continue to wonder. Although, the 'why' would still be unknown.

I found this on the web:

1) According to FBI uniform crime reporting rules, police agencies can't call a case "cleared" or solved unless they make an arrest and charges are filed. Exceptions include when a perpetrator dies before he's apprehended, a prime witness recants testimony after an arrest, or a suspect has fled the jurisdiction and cannot be extradited.

2) There are specific periods of time in which a past crime can be prosecuted. Once that period has passed charges can no longer be filed and essentially the perpetrator has gotten away with committing the crime. Laws that limit the period of time in which criminal charges can be filed are called statutes of limitation. In the United States the statute of limitations for all crimes is at least one year. For some more serious crimes the statute of limitations is more than one year. In the case of murder there is no statute--it can be charged forever, until the perpetrator dies. The Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) has devoted considerable effort to tracking statute of limitation laws in the U.S.

:loveyou: KatCo, you rock!! :loveyou:

The family have started a petition on change.org.

Refer Bill Comeans' murder case to Cold Justice
Kathleen Comeans

Petition by

Kathleen Comeans
Columbus, OH

Bill Comeans was murdered on January, 7, 1980 in Columbus, Ohio. He was 14 years old. There were two previous attacks on his life. Unfortunately, the Franklin County Sheriff's Office (FCSO) does not have the man-power to conduct the research necesary to follow up with tips given by Bill's friends, conduct investigations, and find answers.

The TNT televison program, Cold Justice, is accepting referrals for new cases. However, the cases need to be referred by law enforcement. We are petitioning that the FCSO will referall Bill's case to Cold Justice. Allowing Bill's case to be researched an investigated to the fullest extent possible. There is also, untested DNA evidence. With the resources avaible through Cold Justice, we feel the DNA can be tested using the best method available.

Very well said! This is a GREAT plan!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:loveyou: KatCo, you rock!! :loveyou:

The family have started a petition on change.org.

Very well said! This is a GREAT plan!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This is an exciting plan. However, IF this was a cover up from back in the day, then it will never be referred to Cold Justice.

KatCo is incredible! Way to go! This will be an excellent push forward.

I would focus on YouTube now....get this story viral.

This is an exciting plan. However, IF this was a cover up from back in the day, then it will never be referred to Cold Justice.

Thanks for the support. They chose to ignore my email requesting to refer Bill's case. It will be a little harder to ignore 230+ emails requesting the same thing.

Just looking for answers, the same as every other family with questions.

Thanks for the support. They chose to ignore my email requesting to refer Bill's case. It will be a little harder to ignore 230+ emails requesting the same thing.

Just looking for answers, the same as every other family with questions.

I don't see anything on change.org. I searched for comeans and came up with nothing.

Question..... Does that include deceased family members? :waitasec:

Thank you.
Are you asking about the victim's deceased family members?

It appears you've taken my post out of context, which is one reason why questions such as yours should be addressed via private message to avoid any misunderstanding.

Hi Bessie,

No, my original question is here (asking for clarification in your TOS): here.

Thank you.
Gemmie, I read through the posts again, and I think you're asking me if it's okay to sleuth the deceased woman who wrote the notes, not a family member. Is that correct?

Since she admitted to writing the notes, and the story was reported by the media, you can "sleuth" her. Her surviving family members, however, are off limits. I hope that answers your question. If not, please let me know in a private message.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members