OH OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's been an arrest of a man located outside of Ohio. Will post link in a sec.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/32721319/police-arrest-man-in-39-year-old-missing-persons-cold-case

I went there and it now reads:

Our Apologies

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your browser cache.
Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

So I did a search and could only find one article that claims the person of interest is already in custody on unrelated charges in another state. Don't know what's going on...

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32721945/...ld-case-already-in-custody-for-unrelated-case

I went there and it now reads:

Our Apologies

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your browser cache.
Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

So I did a search and could only find one article that claims the person of interest is already in custody on unrelated charges in another state. Don't know what's going on...

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32721945/...ld-case-already-in-custody-for-unrelated-case

Actually, your link says the following. Obviously, this misreported it.

Editor's note: Cleveland 19 previously reported the man was arrested in connection with Regler's disappearance. We regret the error.

Actually, your link says the following. Obviously, this misreported it.

Editor's note: Cleveland 19 previously reported the man was arrested in connection with Regler's disappearance. We regret the error.

Perhaps they don't want the information released yet. It's possible there are other people who were involved and they don't want to tip them off. I hope it's true, that they've finally got the person or persons who took her.

I just want them to find Yvonne. Sadly, finding someone who may have taken an MP doesn't always lead to their discovery, as we've learned.

According to news reports, there was still money in the cash register when they discovered she was missing, so probably no. She was a typical middle class high school kid from nearby North Olmsted. I lived there from 1979 thru 1982. It was a very nice, middle class area. One of the news reports states her mother kept her room the same for many years afterwards, obviously they're still grieving.

I keep wondering about the fact that no one knew she would be there alone except her employers and fellow employees, along with her friends. It was just a one-time thing, filling in for someone who was absent. Perhaps the suspects had friends who worked at the other Sunoco location. It's a good thing LE re-interviewed everyone and found POI's as a result. Then again, it could have been a chance opportunity for the perp.

This quote from LE is interesting:

The person of interest, whom police are declining to identify, is known to law enforcement and has been tied to similar crimes in the past, Shepard said.

"What a person does in their lifetime also draws attention," Shepard said.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...nterest_identified.html#incart_river_home_pop

It sounds as though their POI has been in trouble with the law since then.

My opinion, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, a one chance opportunity for the perp.

Found this...From the Plain Dealer Sept '77

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yvonne.JPG
    Yvonne.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 205
Hello, Ive been following a local story on another thread here. I'm a toledo ohio native and on the 22nd of July we arrested a man for the abduction and murder of a 20 year old girl. After searching his property police believe him to be a serial killer. We have been researching potential victims and Yvonne has been on our list. Now after hearing this I cannot help but to think he might be our guy and they are saying he is out of town just to keep the media at bay. his name is (James Dean Worley) JDW

I have been reading the other thread too and said the same thing. Keeping Cleveland Media at bay. Interesting that their media blast came a very short time after his arrest. Yes, the blast was on the anniversary of her disappearance, but I have never seen them do one previously for Yvonne.

The newspaper article places her closer to the Toledo area noting the truckers that had seen/recognized her in the Norwalk and Port Clinton areas.

Seeing this on another thread makes me wonder...

Kadoober said:
08-07-2016 10:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by MDATCA View Post
What are everyone's thoughts about the photo of an unidentified woman? What I find curious is that there is only one picture listed as being taken into evidence. Does JDW have a storage place for others that is not on the property and has yet to be found? Most likely there are others on the CD's and other digital equipment. JDW had quite a bit of recording an photographic equipment to not have used it. Especially since it is being speculated some victims were from before digital equipment was affordable by the average person let alone a "poor" person. That makes me wonder if that pic isn't of SJ with either the hood or ski mask mentioned covering her face. Does it say if it is a Polaroid? I am tossing the idea around that it may be a home printed one and is not of good quality perhaps taken on his cellphone on printed on an older low quality, walmart special type of printer. Perhaps because of the quick response from LE JDW did not have the time to take better pics.
Right now I am wondering if the photo is perhaps of Yvonne Reglar. She went missing from her job in 1977. There is going to be a press conference about her case tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interesting news paper article. I really don't know what to make of it. Some of the circumstances point to a voluntary departure that maybe went wrong, and some point to an abduction.

I was a classmate and fellow paper carrier as kids, its very sad that she has been missing for so many years with no trace. I really feel for the family, not knowing all these years, she was a full of life, friendly kid who had an easy smile and liked to laugh.

Some of the things I recall

It was 13:30 in the afternoon, one of the reasons the complete disappearance seemed so unusual at the time, "broad daylight".

She indeed was in North Olmsted class of '79 and brother Dan was a couple/few years younger.

She normally worked at Otto's Lorain and Claugue Sunoco on the Northeast corner of the intersection of Lorain Rd (rt 10) and Clague Road, in North Olmsted, Ohio. The owner, Otto J., also owned the station in the 18900 block of Lorain Road, in Fairview Park, which would explain why she covered for another employee that day.

She was a responsible and hard working kid when we both had newspaper routes in junior high, and later when she was an employee at the Sunoco station, having stayed at a job (at her age) for 18 months, through a couple Ohio winters. It is not surprising to me that she was trusted to work the other station alone during a summer day. I would imagine the fact that she left all her stuff and the station wide open, are reasons Fairview Park police believed she did not go voluntarily, very out of character for the responsible 17 year old that she was.

The last time I saw her, probably spring '77 in the front of North Olmsted Senior High, she mentioned that she was waiting for a boyfriend who was older than her, and not a NOHS student, to pick her up with his motorcycle. I seem to either recall her suggesting, or perhaps have wondered since, if the boyfriend was OK'd by the family given her description of him. I do not recall seeing her leave, or who picked her up, or if that person is in any way relevant to her disappearance. I always assumed this boyfriend's identity would have been known to the family or the detectives investigating the case, and therefore ruled out decades ago, although I can't recall reading any accounts about a boyfriend.

I think many of us hoped she had run away and would turn up some day, but nearly 38 years later now, it's very sad to realize the family still waits, with no new information.

Could this have been the same man in his 20's mentioned in the Sept '77 Plain Dealer article that brought her gifts? Also mentioned in the article that friends speculated something could have happened between her and her former boyfriend the weekend before her disappearance...is this the man in his 20's? States that she was obsessed with getting back together with him and didn't want to face that fact that he was dating someone else.

Hello, Ive been following a local story on another thread here. I'm a toledo ohio native and on the 22nd of July we arrested a man for the abduction and murder of a 20 year old girl. After searching his property police believe him to be a serial killer. We have been researching potential victims and Yvonne has been on our list. Now after hearing this I cannot help but to think he might be our guy and they are saying he is out of town just to keep the media at bay. his name is (James Dean Worley) JDW

Thanks, the article that was pulled makes sense now.
Link to thread for anyone having time to follow. Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley

attachment.php

Thanks for posting the article. My 1st impression was "what a crock of $hit!". They pretty much think she could have left because 2 truckers thought they saw her. Her lunch, purse/ belongings plus station money were there. I highly doubt she walked away.

I can't count the number of ways someone could have taken her. Pulled in, open the trunk saying they needed a bulb, or air in the spare. Could have had her fill a gas can in the back seat, shoved her in when she went to get it.

It freaks me out seeing stories like this when I used to pump gas alone in a string bikini top with cut off denim shorts. I can't count how many men said something to me that I had to ignore. I think our German Shepherd who was always near me probably saved my life.

I do not believe that she left on her own accord either...she had made plans for that evening and to attend the funeral the next day, even bought a new dress to wear. Drives me nuts that the police said that it would have been too expensive to make flyers with her picture to send out to other police stations!

Could this have been the same man in his 20's mentioned in the Sept '77 Plain Dealer article that brought her gifts? Also mentioned in the article that friends speculated something could have happened between her and her former boyfriend the weekend before her disappearance...is this the man in his 20's? States that she was obsessed with getting back together with him and didn't want to face that fact that he was dating someone else.

Could have been the guy's new GF that took her.

I do not believe that she left on her own accord either...she had made plans for that evening and to attend the funeral the next day, even bought a new dress to wear. Drives me nuts that the police said that it would have been too expensive to make flyers with her picture to send out to other police stations!

Agree! I can't believe I even read that! I can't imagine what her poor parents/family have been thru after LE thought she left on her own.

That bothered me, too.

attachment.php

I wonder why LE didn't mention this during the press conference? I suppose they have factored it in the investigation.

Thank you for posting - just another piece to the puzzle. (A puzzle that will soon be solved - hopefully - with the new info on a suspect already incarcerated.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Link to thread for anyone having time to follow. Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley

Hidden room, evidence of abductions found on Joughin murder suspect's property - By Shaun Hegarty - Posted: Thu 4:34 PM, Jul 28, 2016 - Updated: Thu 6:51 PM, Jul 28, 2016

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said earlier this week that Worley's criminal history in the 1990 attack made it worth investigating whether other women have been victimized. Court records describe Worley as fitting the profile of serial offender and note that he could potentially have additional, unknown victims

Worley has declined interview requests from the news media, and his attorney said Thursday that he had not seen the search warrants and could not comment.

Worley served three years of a four- to 10-year sentence in the 1990 abduction of a woman who was riding her bike, which happened about 20 miles from where Joughin was riding last week near Metamora.

The woman told authorities she managed to escape Worley's truck after he knocked her from the bike with his truck, pulled her inside the cab and handcuffed her.

Worley entered an Alford plea to abduction, meaning he didn't admit guilt but conceded that prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back