GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, my first impulse was, She did this on purpose.

Non-student living in a university town, food service worker waiting on all those college kids....

People can snap from grudges unrelieved, things can work on one and push one past safe barriers.

But that is uncharitable and I'm trying to see it with compassion for all.

Incidentally, I think her attorney has been great so far though.

But I've been to that town, seen that parade, and have seen plenty of former students go to OSU.

So it's hard to work past that first impulse. A big part of me wants those deaths avenged.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/family-osu-parade-crash-suspect-adacia-chambers-speaks-bond-set-n451696

According to the affidavit, Chambers was at the wheel of a gray Hyundai Electra when witnesses saw it drive through a red light and then try to maneuver around a parade traffic barricade. Failing to evade the barricade, the driver simply drove through it, pushing it aside, police said.

The driver maintained speed and ignored bystanders' attempts to flag her to stop, according to the affidavit. The car then struck a marked police motorcycle, sending it hurtling into the crowd, the affidavit says.

The car then drove directly into the crowd, striking several people, before veering southwest and striking more people in a crosswalk and stopping, police said.

Non-student living in a university town, food service worker waiting on all those college kids....

People can snap from grudges unrelieved, things can work on one and push one past safe barriers.

But I've been to that town, seen that parade, and have seen plenty of former students go to OSU.

So it's hard to work past that first impulse. A big part of me wants those deaths avenged.

If you want to avoid the first impulse, do NOT read the following:

According to the affidavit, Chambers was at the wheel of a gray Hyundai Electra when witnesses saw it drive through a red light and then try to maneuver around a parade traffic barricade. Failing to evade the barricade, the driver simply drove through it, pushing it aside, police said.

The driver maintained speed and ignored bystanders' attempts to flag her to stop, according to the affidavit. The car then struck a marked police motorcycle, sending it hurtling into the crowd, the affidavit says.

The car then drove directly into the crowd, striking several people, before veering southwest and striking more people in a crosswalk and stopping, police said.

If you want to avoid the first impulse, do NOT read the following
snip

Yeah, it's very difficult for me to think she did this, for instance, in an Ambien-induced trance or something.

There's also nothing confusing about the traffic layout; Stillwater's a small slow town.

It's just much easier to see this as a decision made and an action adhered to. Boom.

I think probably she does have (possibly severe) mental problems.

But I also think she probably understood the quality of her actions and realized at the time the carnage that would result.

It's hard to look at that video and think it wasn't an intentional act on her part.

snip

Yeah, it's very difficult for me to think she did this, for instance, in an Ambien-induced trance or something.

There's also nothing confusing about the traffic layout; Stillwater's a small slow town.

It's just much easier to see this as a decision made and an action adhered to. Boom.

I think probably she does have (possibly severe) mental problems.

But I also think she probably understood the quality of her actions and realized at the time the carnage that would result.

BBM But do you think she was under the influence of anything at all?

Being 'fired' is a very humiliating experience. There is nothing worse than being told you are 'worthless' by your boss, whom you have been trying to impress. It can be a very emotionally explosive situation. I think most of us have been fired or flunked or failed something that was important to us. I went and hid under my covers until my mom made me come back to the world after I experienced a humiliating defeat. It was hard but I never felt like killing a bunch of innocents. I did want to run over my ex-boss though...:angel:

There has to be something deep and dark going on in her psyche for her to have run over all those people. JMO

BBM But do you think she was under the influence of anything at all?
First impulse-wise, I felt she was under the influence of a deep and abiding hate.

Right now I don't quite know what to think.

Her aunt says that she quit a second job to work more hours at the job she was allegedly fired from on Saturday. They had asked her to work more shifts.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/prosecutor-driver-in-oklahoma-parade-crash-went-around-barricade-1.1441530?page=all

Well, I would say whatever happened Saturday morning at the job must have been a doozy. If they asked her to take more hours, one could assume she was a good employee. Right? So how do you go from a good employee the company wants to work more hours to fired on the spot in one morning? A good employee who has a bad day or a bad morning or a fight with a co worker or comes in drunk ( for example) would not be fired on spot but told to come back when they are ready to do their job. So what the heck happened in that cafe that morning ?

Well, I would say whatever happened Saturday morning at the job must have been a doozy. If they asked her to take more hours, one could assume she was a good employee. Right? So how do you go from a good employee the company wants to work more hours to fired on the spot in one morning? A good employee who has a bad day or a bad morning or a fight with a co worker or comes in drunk ( for example) would not be fired on spot but told to come back when they are ready to do their job. So what the heck happened in that cafe that morning ?

Anything is possible at these type of jobs. If somebody comes drunk (for example) they could be easily fired on the spt.

According to the footage of the crash that was posted upthread, this chick didn't apply the brakes, even when plowing into a crowd of people.

That was AFTER driving through the barricade, AFTER many onlookers had tried to get her attention, and AFTER crashing into the police motorcycle, according to the arrest affidavit.

Based on the fact that the brakes weren't applied and based on her own attorney's characterization of her response to the news that she had killed 4 people, I'm inclined to believe (at this point) that this was an intentional act.

I find this case really baffling. Probably because beyond the obvious about what happened at the parade, we don't have too many facts confirmed. I haven't been able to keep up, but for example, who said she was fired that morning? Is that true, or was she sent home for some reason as has also been stated? Was she at a party the night before, working until midnight, or home by 10:00 p.m.? I've read all three.

Strictly MOO, but deliberately running over strangers seems more like aggressive male behavior than female behavior. It would make more sense to me if there were friends, acquaintances, etc., coming forward to talk about her past aggressive behavior. And you know they would. But I haven't seen any such reports.

Just thinking out loud, so to speak. If it turns out she did do this intentionally, then the book should be thrown at her. But I can't help feeling there's some piece of the puzzle that hasn't come out yet.

I find this case really baffling. Probably because beyond the obvious about what happened at the parade, we don't have too many facts confirmed. I haven't been able to keep up, but for example, who said she was fired that morning? Is that true, or was she sent home for some reason as has also been stated? Was she at a party the night before, working until midnight, or home by 10:00 p.m.? I've read all three.

Strictly MOO, but deliberately running over strangers seems more like aggressive male behavior than female behavior. It would make more sense to me if there were friends, acquaintances, etc., coming forward to talk about her past aggressive behavior. And you know they would. But I haven't seen any such reports.

Just thinking out loud, so to speak. If it turns out she did do this intentionally, then the book should be thrown at her. But I can't help feeling there's some piece of the puzzle that hasn't come out yet.

I was thinking that too. If you compare this to a school shooting or similar event we'd be hearing from everyone who ever knew her. We'd have a copy of her manifesto. We'd have her old report cards. I can't figure out what the difference is.

She admitted to being suicidal at the time of the incident. It sure looks like some sort of half-baked suicide attempt. Some suicidal people are also homicidal. Remember the guy that flew the plane into the moutain?

I see what you're saying, but the guy who flew the plane into the mountain had to assume, correctly, that he would die in the crash as well.

Just jumping off the post from here:

If suicide was her intent, I wonder what the target was that she believed would kill her at the end.

Just because an individual is a woman, doesn't mean they aren't capable of the same crime a man is.
This wouldn't be the first time a woman drove a car into crowd of people.

I see what you're saying, but the guy who flew the plane into the mountain had to assume, correctly, that he would die in the crash as well.

Just jumping off the post from here:

If suicide was her intent, I wonder what the target was that she believed would kill her at the end.

Some of the people trying to commit suicide aren't really trying to kill themselves (or they would be dead). More like a scream for attention. Which is why I think this could have been a half-baked suicide attempt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back