GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10441277_10204325735450649_2446264107266794917_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...73.2032030.1447211895&type=1&relevant_count=1

LE is playing this case close to the vest. They have enough info to determine it was homicide, so they know a lot more than we do.

LE is playing this case close to the vest. They have enough info to determine it was homicide, so they know a lot more than we do.

Agree! Gotta hope they are close to solving and making arrest(s) - but why is it I feel like they are remaining quite because they are stymied...

A PI might be good to have on this case...

Agree! Gotta hope they are close to solving and making arrest(s) - but why is it I feel like they are remaining quite because they are stymied...

A PI might be good to have on this case...

There is a PI on this case, Darcie Scoon.

Thanks for pointing that out, and glad family has gotten one -
Googling her I find:
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-woman-helps-find-runaways/article/3929459

She seems to focus on runaways, though..
I am curious about this new network that has come on the scene to find missing/trafficked people. It is a nationwide effort to connect PIs and others in volunteer capacity to assist LE. PIs have their own specialties. Ms. Scoon's seems to be runaways. Hopefully, it means she can move Annie Jo's case along by checking out her underground connections. It is good the service is being provided by this non-profit. It is certainly a huge move in the right direction to fill the void for families and to save them from being gouged by unscrupulous PIs.

Consider this a :bump: for the case, nothing really new...

I wish I had a more positive outlook... after following a few cases like Lauren Spierier's , I'm puzzled how amateur, first time offenders are able to dispose of a young woman without LE finding a body or finding forensics that lead them to a perp.

I wonder, perhaps it's a random abduction, and the victim was quickly taken and taken far away......
but I'm not convinced of it being a random crime of opportunity, since odds in these cases typically favor someone whom victim was in contact with on night of her dispappearence is most likely the perp .

I wish I had a more positive outlook... after following a few cases like Lauren Spierier's , I'm puzzled how amateur, first time offenders are able to dispose of a young woman without LE finding a body or finding forensics that lead them to a perp.

I wonder, perhaps it's a random abduction, and the victim was quickly taken and taken far away......
but I'm not convinced of it being a random crime of opportunity, since odds in these cases typically favor someone whom victim was in contact with on night of her dispappearence is most likely the perp .

Well, Skylar N. would never have been found, Imo, if the teen(s) did not eventually lead police to the grave. And they were 15 or 16? It is not really that difficult...just find an isolated spot in some woods, etc...jmo

i'm going to read through all these statistics of runaways vs trackiiffed girls, but in the meantime, there was an article a couple of days ago about a trafficker here in Oklahoma who was busted for forcing a 14 year old girl to sell herself:

www.johntv.com

i'm going to read through all these statistics of runaways vs trackiiffed girls, but in the meantime, there was an article a couple of days ago about a trafficker here in Oklahoma who was busted for forcing a 14 year old girl to sell herself:

www.johntv.com

Please advise what you discover - in particular I'd be interested in how common it is for those who come from good homes, live with there parents, go to school, etc., to be taken for trafficking.
I would think thugs who do this kind of crime would go after easy targets where there isn't much chance of getting media/LE attention.

Well, Skylar N. would never have been found, Imo, if the teen(s) did not eventually lead police to the grave. And they were 15 or 16? It is not really that difficult...just find an isolated spot in some woods, etc...jmo

Actually the Skylar Neese case is a good example showing how important it is for LE to interview everyone who knows or has had contact with the victim.
The court transcript indicates that other students overheard conversations between Shoaf and Eddy about the murder plot, but failed to report it, thinking they were joking...

Murder of Skylar Neese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think it was a crime of opportunity, random crime, nor a trafficking case. She was murdered by one of her new sophisticated "friends".

As is often the case, girls this age not as wise as they think they are. They are easily taken advantage of.

This is indeed a tragedy.

www.johntv.com

Many runaways are befriended by pimps who woo them and convince the girls how much the pimp loves them. In short order they are forced into prostitution.

In Florida they have recently busted hundreds of girls for prostitution who were forced into it. Oddly enough, many of the people coercing them are women and the pimps are their boyfriends.

I don't think it was a crime of opportunity, random crime, nor a trafficking case. She was murdered by one of her new sophisticated "friends".

As is often the case, girls this age not as wise as they think they are. They are easily taken advantage of.

I agree! I have wondered if she decided things were getting out of hand, and they did.

I tend to agree, and that leads me to think this would be a crime committed by someone doing it for the first time --
Had search warrants been gotten right away they might have gotten forensic evidence before anyone could clean up.

Sadly, precious time is lost when it's assumed a person is a runaway.

I kept thinking LE knew more than was being reported. I waited on the big break. Guess I was wrong, and I feel so sad for the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory
Back