OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How has Friday, the 6th come to be the presumed date of disappearance? Is that the last time she was seen with adults in the house?
Also, why is there no mention by LE about tips or information about where her parents are or any other adult known to be connected to her?
So strange.

There is no media briefing scheduled for this morning in the search for Athena Brownfield. If there is any new information to release, the media will be notified of the briefing via social media and press release.
The investigation into her whereabouts is active and ongoing. If you have any information, please contact the #OSBI at 800-522-8017 or email tips@osbi.ok.gov.

This sad and confusing mystery about this precious little reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings saga. The stories, blaming (and lies?) running rampant about in SM only cause more confusion. It is Less than likely we will ever know what happened to Athena, IMO

How has Friday, the 6th come to be the presumed date of disappearance? Is that the last time she was seen with adults in the house?
Also, why is there no mention by LE about tips or information about where her parents are or any other adult known to be connected to her?
So strange.
I just read this, not sure if this is new information, or an already known fact regarding Athena's parents relationship.

"Brownfield's grandmother said their father has not been in contact with the girls since the mother left with them more than a year ago, and she said she recently learned the girls were staying with a long distance relative instead.

"She abandoned her kids, she knew where I was," Brownfield's grandmother said."

Cyril Community Continues Search For Missing 4-Year-Old

"Brownfield's grandmother said their father has not been in contact with the girls since the mother left with them more than a year ago, and she said she recently learned the girls were staying with a long distance relative instead.

"She abandoned her kids, she knew where I was," Brownfield's grandmother said."

Cyril Community Continues Search For Missing 4-Year-Old
RSBBM:

What??? Is a " Long distance relative"?
smh
Does that mean long-distance=far away...like in miles?
Or does that mean "Distant'' ?

Goodness

Unfortunately we don't have information coming from LE or from a credible news/media sources. The article Cass 523 just posted which quotes the Grandmother is the most clear info I have seen that is acceptable to post on WS about the situation. Seems no one felt accountable to these two girls. IMO, whoever the last adult was to leave the building and those two girls behind should be arrested. I walked by a pre-school today and looked at those little faces. It blows my mind that an adult could somehow give him or herself permission to do such a thing.

Unfortunately we don't have information coming from LE or from a credible news/media sources. The article Cass 523 just posted which quotes the Grandmother is the most clear info I have seen that is acceptable to post on WS about the situation. Seems no one felt accountable to these two girls. IMO, whoever the last adult was to leave the building and those two girls behind should be arrested. I walked by a pre-school today and looked at those little faces. It blows my mind that an adult could somehow give him or herself permission to do such a thing.

Yep!
It appears to me anyway, that any and all adults related or otherwise to these two little girls took the ' Not my monkey....not my circus" approach, and let them both down. Where is Athena?

Setting up a timeline of confirmed facts, as this seems to be another where, sadly, there's a lot of confusion and rumors.

ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]

-------------------------------------------------

F JAN 6
updated presumed date of disappearance [6]

Sa JAN 7
initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6

Su JAN 8

M JAN 9

A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE holds press conference [3]
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concludes [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother speaks to media [5]
Th JAN 12
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
Thanks so much for the timeline! Always appreciate them in these threads.

You might want to add: OSBI moved the investigation into a criminal investigation on Wed, Jan 11

This Athena case reminds me of a case that is going on with this girl that I know. Her son drowned in a river in Lancaster County PA after the kids were out wandering alone. She told the other kids to lie about where she was when the boy drowned. She is currently in jail on involuntary manslaughter charges etc. Not the first time the kids were seen wandering either.

RSBBM:

What??? Is a " Long distance relative"?
smh
Does that mean long-distance=far away...like in miles?
Or does that mean "Distant'' ?

Goodness
I took this to mean "distant" as in, "distantly related" ?
Wouldn't it be something if the person(s) who were entrusted with the care of Athena and her sibling weren't even relatives at all ?
A lot of prevarication going on ; imo !

bbm
Exactly.
If they were left alone at that house, it was far worse than neglect, this was abandonment !

It also occurred to me that something bad happened to Athena and she had to be 'hidden' ?
The older sibling might have some insight, so I hope an experienced investigator or social worker has been able to interview them ?
M00.

bbm
Exactly.
If they were left alone at that house, it was far worse than neglect, this was abandonment !

It also occurred to me that something bad happened to Athena and she had to be 'hidden' ?
The older sibling might have some insight, so I hope an experienced investigator or social worker has been able to interview them ?
M00.
I was also thinking along the lines of the older sis possibly being of some help with a timeline and information. With the timeline however, she is also only 5, and more than likely cannot differentiate between yesterday and two days and three days ago, let alone last month. Time can be an odd confusing concept to a preschooler. I don't believe either of the two girls had any history of preschool or kindergarten attendance either. I may be wrong..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372
Back