OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In regards to his phone, it could be anything, really. Texts, fb or IG messages, kik or other app chats, maybe Snapchat.. Google searches…let’s hope not photos or videos (this makes me nauseous and angry to think about) -so many options IMO. This however makes me think-if he did send someone else a message-WHERE have they been all this time and why haven’t they called LE??? This makes me think maybe it’s IA to AA and that’s why they’re both arrested. JMO

Interesting description of first degree murder of a child in Oklahoma law:

C. A person commits murder in the first degree when the death of a child results from the willful or malicious injuring, torturing, maiming or using of unreasonable force by said person or who shall willfully cause, procure or permit any of said acts to be done upon the child pursuant to Section 843.5 of this title. It is sufficient for the crime of murder in the first degree that the person either willfully tortured or used unreasonable force upon the child or maliciously injured or maimed the child.

If I understand correctly (@Alethea ?) it means that intentionally injuring a child causing death or using "unreasonable" force causing death is enough for a first degree murder charge. IOW there doesn't necessarily have to be intent to murder, just intent to really hurt a child.

Last edited:

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation - Authorized Page

·
URGENT MISSING CHILD ALERT
‼️
Cyril, #Oklahoma
4-year-old Athena Brownfield was last seen on January 8, 2023. Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation - Authorized Page has a second caretaker in custody in connection to the investigation of the missing 4-year-old girl.

Interesting comments at link ~ look at the post containing the video of Athena.

I have read the document about his arrest in Arizona a couple of times and I’m a little confused about the boxes that were checked. I have ZERO knowledge of the legal system, but a couple of the lines almost seem to
contradict one another.
I’ll try to make it short because the link to view the whole document is on page 8 of this thread.
Section C Other info
#6 What facts indicate the defendant will flee if released:
Yes, CHILD HOMICIDE charges from Oklahoma

#7 What facts does the state have to oppose an unsecured release?
PENDING HOMICIDE CHARGES

? Are # 6 and #7 separate/different homicides? One official and one pending?

Section D Circumstances of the offense ( check if applicable )

#1 Someone was injured by the defendant ✅
Nature of injuries: CHILD HOMICIDE

#3 Did the offense involve a child ? NO✅

Is it my misunderstanding, or do #1 & #3 contradict each other?

Just My Opinion, my personal interpretation, could this mean that he is charged for a known child homicide and a pending adult homicide? Like perhaps the biological mother? Just my own speculation from the document. But possibly Way out on a limb on my part.

Maybe someone here who can understand the meanings of the wording in the document can help.? Thank you

Ooof this is a bad one. I’ve been a member for a number of years now and never had a case effect me like this one. Athena looks exactly like my little four year old, I mean really striking resemblance. When I first stated reading and saw her picture my body actually started to shake and I felt hot and sick. Never had that happen. Very curious what truly happened here, I try to avoid much of the non-msm noise but got dragged into it while looking through OSBI and various news sites on SM. At this point I just want to vomit. Poor sweet Athena, it sounds like she never really had a chance. I hate the world, today - the fact that child violence and homicide is even something that occurs let alone constantly is just so effing disheartening and unfair. I can only hope there are no additional charges such as rape, molestation etc. Her tiny little body is somewhere in the elements, waiting to be found. I hope they recover her soon and that if not in life, at least in death someone will lovingly look after her and ensure she gets a proper burial, once autopsy etc has been conducted. Life is so unfair. All of the above IMOO.

Ivon's FB Log in or sign up to view

Criminal record search: Ivon Neil Adams
Ingham County54-A District Court124 W Michigan Ave # 54A, Lansing, MI 48933
Ingham County54-B District Court101 Linden St, East Lansing, MI 48823
Ingham County55th District Court700 Buhl St, Mason, MI 48854

Ivon
Can't call these two caregivers they didn't give these two girls any care. Makes me so angry there's no reason for this drop them infront of cfs ,a hospital,a fire station .I hope these two fools don't see the outside of a jail for a long time jmvho

I want to apologize to the mods for posting information several times without links to verify. This case is so close to home for me. I live in a small town exactly the size of Cyril about 20 minutes away. I have family in local LE, plus small town rumors and information are coming in from almost everyone I know. I should have known not to post anything without links though and even though I would love to write more I cannot do so without having confirmation released by LE. I am just crying for this beautiful child who had nobody looking out for her it seems. Goodnight all.

I want to apologize to the mods for posting information several times without links to verify. This case is so close to home for me. I live in a small town exactly the size of Cyril about 20 minutes away. I have family in local LE, plus small town rumors and information are coming in from almost everyone I know. I should have known not to post anything without links though and even though I would love to write more I cannot do so without having confirmation released by LE. I am just crying for this beautiful child who had nobody looking out for her it seems. Goodnight all.

I have had family in Caddo County since it was opened in 1901, and this is heartbreaking.

Athena & <modsnip - her sister>, your Websleuths Aunties & Uncles love you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting description of first degree murder of a child in Oklahoma law:

C. A person commits murder in the first degree when the death of a child results from the willful or malicious injuring, torturing, maiming or using of unreasonable force by said person or who shall willfully cause, procure or permit any of said acts to be done upon the child pursuant to Section 843.5 of this title. It is sufficient for the crime of murder in the first degree that the person either willfully tortured or used unreasonable force upon the child or maliciously injured or maimed the child.

If I understand correctly (@Alethea ?) it means that intentionally injuring a child causing death or using "unreasonable" force causing death is enough for a first degree murder charge. IOW there doesn't necessarily have to be intent to murder, just intent to really hurt a child.
That's how I read it too.

Stumbled upon AA’s TikTok (I don’t even have an account or use it, was found combing FB for info as she so brilliantly/s made all of her profile private from what I can tell - or deleted it and had multiple accounts). It’s IMO super gross and narcissistic, and being a mom to that many kids I’m quite curious where she found the time to do these?? They would have taken planning, practice, thought. I reveled in the fact that no one seems to actually watch any of her content - although since last night her views and followers have cranked up due to arrest - but you get a very interesting sense of who she is, if this is indeed her being herself and not a persona. She thinks very highly of herself and seemed IMOO to be more interested in her videos and makeup (wow does she look different without it), winking at the camera and pretend-rapping various inflammatory songs than being a mother.
Her TikTok: TikTok

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back