OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"A" = ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]
"5yoSis" = Athena's older sister, found wandering neighborhood on T Jan 10

AA = ALYSIA ADAMS - 32-year-old caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 for child neglect; estranged from husband IA, 4 children together - FB1 / FB2 / TikTok
IA = IVON ADAMS - caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 in Phoenix, AZ as 'fugitive from justice'; estranged husband of AA, 4 children together - FB

-------------------------------------------------

F JAN 6
updated presumed date of disappearance [6]

Sa JAN 7
  • initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City (1hr from residence) [13*]

Su JAN 8
AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City [13*]

M JAN 9
A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE held press conference [3] - transcripts by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concluded [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother spoke to media [5]
Th JAN 12 - ARRESTS
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]
  • PM - Caregiver Alysia Adams arrested on two counts of child neglect [8], Suburban seized from home [10vid1@0:55]
    View attachment 395124
  • [TIME?] - Caregiver Ivon Adams arrested in Phoenix, AZ under 'fugitive from justice' charge [9] - arrest papers
F JAN 13
  • $1000 reward offered by searchers [10vid1@1:00]
  • LE searched near family's former home near Rush Springs, OK [11]
  • IA in Maricopa County (AZ) Court - waived extradition hearing [12]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
[8] Arrest made as search for missing - KFOR - Jan 12
[9] Second caregiver arrested - KSWO - Jan 13
[10] Second caregiver arrested w VIDEOs - KOCO - Jan 13
[11] Investigators searching for missing 4-year-old - News9 - Jan 13
[12] Ivon Adams, caretaker of Athena Brownfield - KSWO - Jan 13
[13*] Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok Obsessed Caregiver - DailyMail [*TABLOID] - Jan 13

--------------------------------------------

MOOs -
I simply cannot wrap my head around what happened to poor little A here.

Between the homicide charges and the city-wide halt on trash pick-up, that leads me to believe LE have reason to believe someone caused harm to A and she is no longer with us. But if one of the caregivers caused her death (intentionally or not), then why on earth was little 5yoSis left wandering on her own? If IA was fleeing from justice after committing a crime, why on earth would you leave a 5yo at the scene, all by herself, who is verbal enough to tell LE "I don't know where my sister is"?

And if the only criminal act of the caregivers was to leave two preschoolers alone for extended amounts of time in their home while they went traveling various directions across the country, then where is Athena and how did she get separated from her sister?

I have read the document about his arrest in Arizona a couple of times and I’m a little confused about the boxes that were checked. I have ZERO knowledge of the legal system, but a couple of the lines almost seem to
contradict one another.
I’ll try to make it short because the link to view the whole document is on page 8 of this thread.
Section C Other info
#6 What facts indicate the defendant will flee if released:
Yes, CHILD HOMICIDE charges from Oklahoma

#7 What facts does the state have to oppose an unsecured release?
PENDING HOMICIDE CHARGES

? Are # 6 and #7 separate/different homicides? One official and one pending?

Section D Circumstances of the offense ( check if applicable )

#1 Someone was injured by the defendant ✅
Nature of injuries: CHILD HOMICIDE

#3 Did the offense involve a child ? NO✅

Is it my misunderstanding, or do #1 & #3 contradict each other?

Just My Opinion, my personal interpretation, could this mean that he is charged for a known child homicide and a pending adult homicide? Like perhaps the biological mother? Just my own speculation from the document. But possibly Way out on a limb on my part.

Maybe someone here who can understand the meanings of the wording in the document can help.? Thank you
JMO I think #3 is asking if the offender is a child, not if the victim is a child. Clumsy wording but it makes sense.

Can't call these two caregivers they didn't give these two girls any care. Makes me so angry there's no reason for this drop them infront of cfs ,a hospital,a fire station .I hope these two fools don't see the outside of a jail for a long time jmvho
I completely agree with you, believe me, we feel the same about this poor child, the negligent adults and how sad and needless this whole situation is.

I just want to clear up, they or the biological parents (or both) would face charges for abandonment if they dropped the girls somewhere safe. At least those babies would be safe! But they may not have wanted to get authorities involved. In most states, you have only a small window after a baby is born to drop them off without criminal responsibility.

But they could have put the girls up for adoption at any age, if the bio parents had given them legal rights. Imo, it doesn’t seem like they had legal custody. Either way, I wish they had done the right thing. My heart breaks for these poor children.

A missing four-year-old girl's caretaker, who is already in an Arizona jail, was charged with murder on Friday, as the search for the Oklahoma girl continues.

Ivon Adams, 35, who was arrested Thursday for child neglect in connection with Athena Brownfield's missing person case, was charged with murder late Friday, according to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities didn't say what led to the new charge, The Associated Press reported.

Adams is waiting to be extradited to Oklahoma.

He and his wife, Alysia Adams, 31, have been arrested after the child was reported missing on Tuesday.

Alysia Adams, who is also one of Brownfield's caregivers, remains in the Caddo County, Oklahoma, jail on two counts of child neglect.

"The search for Athena continues," the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said in a statement on Thursday. "The OSBI is following every tip that is received, which are coming in from Oklahoma, as well as other states. In an effort to find clues as to Athena’s whereabouts, the trash service in Cyril was searched.

"Additionally, analysts are reviewing surveillance video from around Cyril and seeking other evidence that can help locate Athena."

MISSING ATHENA BROWNFIELD: UNCLEAR WHEN OKLAHOMA 4-YEAR-OLD WAS LAST SEEN BEFORE DISAPPEARANCE

Athena was being cared for by the couple at the time of her disappearance, according to Oklahoma authorities, who say the investigation is ongoing and are concerned about her well-being.

“You’re talking about a toddler who’s been on her own,” state bureau of investigation spokesperson Brook Arbeitman said Wednesday afternoon.

Authorities have been in touch with Athena’s parents but refused to provide additional information about the circumstances of the case, they said earlier this week.

10:36 AM EST, Sat January 14

Grady Co., Okla. (KSWO) - Numerous law enforcement vehicles are searching the waters at a creek reservoir in Grady Co.

We have reached out to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for information, but haven’t heard back yet.

Her lack of verbal skills may simply be due to neglect -- many moms & dads and other family members read stories to youngsters and ask them "what is that?" or "do you like (whatever)" or "what color is that?" and so on. I'm betting neither child had any of that in that house. And learning speech is done when children are young -- it comes easy to them as their little brains are very active, etc.
It may not be autism at all, as I said, it could simply be neglect. SMH.
Speech comes easily to most kiddos, but not all.

The article has been updated. Watch the video - at about 1:04 there's some kind of float or marker in the water.

Update: The Public Information Officer for OSBI has confirmed that they are searching for Athena at the reservoir.

Authorities have been out at the creek for several hours searching on a boat.

7News is on the scene where multiple people driving by have said they know Ivon Adams has ties to the area.

Talk about mixed messages. It appears (JMO) that LE may be searching areas based on video cameras combined with cell phone pings wherever IA drove. So maybe not so much searching for a specific reason, just proximity. From the link:

Right now police officials are conducting a pond searches in southern Grady County near bodies of water. OHP Trooper Foster says, “We have been searching bodies of water since day one at the request of OSBI. Any place the request assistance we have been going. Today is nothing different from every day of the investigation.”

KFOR has a crew headed to the scene and will have the latest developments of Athena’s disappearance as they happen.
While the intense search for Athena continues, McIntyre Law Chopper 3 captured video of authorities searching an open field in rural Grady County on yesterday with no signs of Athena.
ETA to add location:

Last edited:
Talk about mixed messages. It appears (JMO) that LE may be searching areas based on video cameras combined with cell phone pings wherever IA drove. So maybe not so much searching for a specific reason, just proximity. From the link:

Right now police officials are conducting a pond searches in southern Grady County near bodies of water. OHP Trooper Foster says, “We have been searching bodies of water since day one at the request of OSBI. Any place the request assistance we have been going. Today is nothing different from every day of the investigation.”

KFOR has a crew headed to the scene and will have the latest developments of Athena’s disappearance as they happen.
While the intense search for Athena continues, McIntyre Law Chopper 3 captured video of authorities searching an open field in rural Grady County on yesterday with no signs of Athena.
I was just going to post that? So they are searching bodies of water just because? No different than any other day?

ETA- Ok I see their stradegy now, nevermind.

I know that, when searching for small children, it is common to search bodies of water. This is especially so when the child is autistic (A may or may not have been, but it has been mentioned). I hope they are able to find this poor baby soon and that she will be ok, but I do not feel that will be the case.

Grady Co., Okla. (KSWO) - Numerous law enforcement vehicles are searching the waters at a creek reservoir in Grady Co.

We have reached out to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for information, but haven’t heard back yet.

bbm
Ugh.

I wonder if someone 'talked' ?
Poor baby girl. :mad:

MOOs -
I simply cannot wrap my head around what happened to poor little A here.

Between the homicide charges and the city-wide halt on trash pick-up, that leads me to believe LE have reason to believe someone caused harm to A and she is no longer with us. But if one of the caregivers caused her death (intentionally or not), then why on earth was little 5yoSis left wandering on her own? If IA was fleeing from justice after committing a crime, why on earth would you leave a 5yo at the scene, all by herself, who is verbal enough to tell LE "I don't know where my sister is"?

And if the only criminal act of the caregivers was to leave two preschoolers alone for extended amounts of time in their home while they went traveling various directions across the country, then where is Athena and how did she get separated from her sister?
Here's my theory. AA left for new BF and left IA with 6 kids. Something happened and he killed Athena <modsnip - making reference to rumors> He let AA know what had happened (evidence on cell phone) and that he was getting their kids to her parents in AZ. At that time he would have had to have told AA that she needed to come get <modsnip - Athena’s sister>. She obviously didn't, leaving <modsnip - Athena’s sister> alone in the house - hence the child neglect charges. I don't know if this is even close to what happened, but this is what has rolled through my mind on the deal taking into account witness statements of when they last saw the girls and considering the charges and arrest warrant info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back