OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what I've been thinking, that the girls were treated differently even by the other children and probably didn't get any Christmas presents either. MOO
Athena was a gorgeous girl. I’m sure her sister is similar. I wonder if the defendants were jealous of these girls in some way?

Also, how many kids were living there, how did they come to be there and did anyone know the kids were there?

Just caught up with the news and am struggling for words to express how horrible this is. Why did this happen? How could anyone cover this up and just go on with their lives? The poor 5yo sister, I believe she said something about not seeing her little sister since “presents”. How much does she know? What hell did she go through and then ended up alone? What about the other children? What have they witnessed and what have they been through?

Fly high sweet Athena. Rest in peace little Christmas Angel.
I saw the woman’s Instagram. She was getting her nails done and having a blast right after Athena was murdered. Very creepy.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday the remains were found near the Oklahoma town of Rush Springs, about 15 miles from where Athena Brownfield was reported missing Jan. 10.

Court documents say the girl’s caretaker, Ivon Adams, reportedly told his wife he buried the girl on property the couple once owned near the town.

Alysia Adams
FILE – This photo provided by Caddo County Sheriff’s Office shows Alysia Adams. A 4-year-old Oklahoma …Read More
AP23017665173268.jpg
FILE – This booking photo provided by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shows Ivon Adams …Read More
Adams is charged with murder and his wife, Alysia Adams, is charged with child neglect.

I just can’t.

I’m sorry. I can’t stop crying

I would have taken both sisters.
These cases have gotten harder for me as we have become an adoptive family. I was speaking to my adoption lawyer last week and she tells me for every situation where a birth mom is making an adoption plan, including from really difficult situations (homelessness, addiction, mental illness), there are 50 hopeful adoptive families who show their profiles to offer their homes. Many of those families are open to older children and sibling groups too.

So there is just no reason for something like this to happen. There are people praying every night to be able to welcome a child just like Athena into their home.

I just can’t.

I’m sorry. I can’t stop crying

I would have taken both sisters.
That was my thought as well.
We have two young kids with no plans to adopt, but I would have gladly taken and raised these girls. Loved them, given them toys to play with, laid with them in bed at night to cuddle. It’s just so unfair, out of all the good people they could have ended up with they were subjected to these monsters. MOO

The 5-year-old sister of Athena allegedly told the postal worker that she was “weary of being alone” after spending time alone at home, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
This case is so heartbreaking.
But it looks like LE has known from the beginning that the 5-year-old sister hadn't seen her little sister in quite a while. When this case first broke, the thought was that they were out wandering the streets together and got separated, but that does not seem to be the case. This sounds like the 5-year-old was alone for some time before leaving the house, and as such, had no idea where her little sister was. So LE knew from what the 5-year-old said that it wasn't just a case of her sister wandering off somewhere.

Authorities said in a news release that they could not confirm that the remains are those of Athena Brownfield.

The remains were taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Oklahoma City for positive identification.

Another thing I can’t seem to understand, if Athena was killed on Christmas, AA leaves kids with IA- why did IA leave with the 4 kids and have just Athena’s sister home alone? What did he think was going to happen with her? It’s not like she could take care of herself. It was only a matter of time before she left the home, was hurt, starved or someone else hurt her. But majority of these things lead to them being found out. IMO. Doesn’t make sense.

My guess is that IA was using the the other child as leverage to get AA back to the home, something along the lines of "you have to come back and take care of this kid because I'm leaving her here." He may have thought it was a way to ruin AA's time away with the new boyfriend.

MOO.

remains found

UPDATE: REMAINS RECOVERED IN GRADY COUNTY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GRADY COUNTY, Okla. (January 17, 2023) - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) has recovered the remains of a child in rural Grady County outside of Rush Springs. At this time, the OSBI cannot confirm the remains are those of Athena Brownfield. The remains will be transported to the Medical Examiner's Office in Oklahoma City for positive identification.
This is a active homicide investigation and until the remains are positively identified, the OSBI will not be commenting further.

I am heartbroken and disgusted. these poor girls. So much chaos and instability in such short lives. May Athena's sister receive all the love and support she needs and may the courts never allow her into the care of ANY of the many individuals who let these children down and allowed this situation to become a murder.

Just from the pics I've seen, that is the saddest little girl. Must have been a real happy home to find yourself and your sister as being the add ons to 4 other biological kids, maybe not wanted at all. The way I heard it explained, no school, no doctor visits. I can't believe that sister leaving the home because she was tired of being alone.

Who are these people anyway, how can they exist. What did she do to deserve getting murdered? Ask for cookies and milk on Christmas? :confused:

i wonder if the other kids witnessed anything, to help nail the murderer whichever one it was.

Last edited:
I hope this wasn't a case of 'their' children got presents but Athena and her sister didn't, and Athena got upset, which her caregivers saw as a tantrum? JMO, although I wish it wasn't.
IMO the girls, unfortunately, were probably used to receiving nothing from anyone. Sorry…

PSA: Domestic violence spikes around the holidays and is often a dangerous times for victims of abuse (LINK, LINK, LINK, LINK).

Holidays add extra stress even in normal, nonviolent households; alcohol is often consumed during festivities; abusers who have had to 'watch themselves' around family gatherings might take frustrations out on their families once they get back home; and people who are looking to make major life changes such as divorce or separation often set Christmas or the New Year as a deadline -- "Let's just get through the holidays and then we'll deal with this."

In this case, we can deduce from AA "dating" someone else weeks later that her relationship with IA was not in a good place, so it's very probable (IMO) that poor little A just ended up in the middle of their issues.

Midnight is late for a 4-year-old to be up, so either the adults in the house woke her up (possibly with an argument) or she woke them up/got up after she we supposed to be asleep (possibly due to bedwetting, nightmare, illness, any number of reasons...) Either way, seems to me they likely could have been taking out their frustration and anger at each other on her.

I haven’t read everything back to the beginning, but are the girls related to those trash ? How did they end up in that situation ? My heart breaks for Athena and her sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back