Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That has nothing to do with this horrible thing that happened to her now. If she is responsible for her own death , what is everyone, including the police trying to hide. They never did a search around the whole area , they didn't try to get a search warrant to search the area where her car was found, why didn't the person living on the property call the police that night when she said she saw 2 cars coming through her gate & only seeing 1 car leave ? Too many unanswered questions, too many changed stories.

It’s sad but true that one of the reasons that police weren’t as proactive initially may be her past track record - they just assume that she was intoxicated and figure she’d turn up or her car would be found, which it has. Of course, her trouble was 13 years ago so you think it would be irrelevant, but unfortunately people who are known to have addiction problems or criminal records who go missing can be discriminated against.

But relative to other missing persons, I actually think police provided a lot of information - they shared all the info from her routes, security video footage, etc.,

Why did they not aggressively search for her? She could have been injured in a crash needing medical attention. I do agree that it’s odd that the property owners’ son stopped the search and LE should have gotten a warrant immediately following the discovery of her car. That is inexplicable.

And telling her mother that she could have been eaten by wild hogs…that is inexcusable. Now that she has been found, I hope LE vigorously pushes for answers, and if needed, justice.

I’m with @azure in believing that death by misadventure remains a possibility. Sheridan Wahl, that startup exec in CA, David Schultz the trucker - these cases where the circumstances point towards foul play but ultimately are not, definitely come to mind.

Edited to add: Now that I watched the video above, I’m even more in the camp that this was death by misadventure, like David Schultz. Her father admits that she has struggled with meth and police found a pipe under her car. She says she was scared, claimed her GPS was hacked, had a FaceTime with someone for an hour who was from her past drug acquaintances. Paranoia and fear are hallmarks of meth usage.

Last edited:
It’s sad but true that one of the reasons that police weren’t as proactive initially may be her past track record - they just assume that she was intoxicated and figure she’d turn up or her car would be found, which it has. Of course, her trouble was 13 years ago so you think it would be irrelevant, but unfortunately people who are known to have addiction problems or criminal records who go missing can be discriminated against.

But relative to other missing persons, I actually think police provided a lot of information - they shared all the info from her routes, security video footage, etc.,

Why did they not aggressively search for her? She could have been injured in a crash needing medical attention. I do agree that it’s odd that the property owners’ son stopped the search and LE should have gotten a warrant immediately following the discovery of her car. That is inexplicable.

And telling her mother that she could have been eaten by wild hogs…that is inexcusable. Now that she has been found, I hope LE vigorously pushes for answers, and if needed, justice.

I’m with @azure in believing that death by misadventure remains a possibility. Sheridan Wahl, that startup exec in CA, David Schultz the trucker - these cases where the circumstances point towards foul play but ultimately are not, definitely come to mind.
I agree that people with addiction problems can be discriminated against but it's not accurate that her problems were only 13 years ago. She was arrested in 2020 for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Reposting this because it’s a must watch:
There is now a Youtube video from News 9 (I think that is CBS):

If that link doesn't work, it is titled

Oklahoma's Own Originals: Missing Case | True Crime Documentary​

It’s chock-full of lots of information. Really great investigative reporting here. Incompetence and secrecy from LE, but I don’t believe they planted the body. We know how often bodies are missed.

Regardless of what actually happened, my heart breaks for Gordon Case.

Last edited:
I agree that people with addiction problems can be discriminated against but it's not accurate that her problems were only 13 years ago. She was arrested in 2020 for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Thank you - yes, I was catching up on this case and had missed that. Given that this was more recent, it makes it even more likely that this could be a factor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back