Found Deceased OK - Damion Davidson, 8, Duncan, 12 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php
attachment.php

We started out our day with our dive team going into areas that previously they were unable to thoroughly dive. We also have 3 drones flying grids and several people out on foot. We have collaborated with Stephens County Sheriff's Office and have decided to extend our search further into the county. Sheriff McKinney's search and rescue teams will be thoroughly combing the rural areas South of Duncan.

Duncan Police Department will continue to investigate areas of interest as well as assist with the Stephens County Sheriff's Office. While we are scaling back the search is still ongoing.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1113749175351355&id=789533027772973

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 351
For what it's worth, I do believe that Bridging the gap was out searching for this little guy today.
Sending him positive vibes wherever he may be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Two helicopters were used during the search along with ATV’s, drones and multiple volunteers

“The sheriff has his helicopter and we have an additional one,” said Duncan Police Department Spokesperson Tera Mathis. “We have three drones.”

[...]

Damion was last seen asleep in his bed early Sunday morning. During the search, rescuers recovered his pajama bottoms near Claridy Creek and have focused their search efforts in the area for the past five days.

http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/se...cle_9f952ccc-3429-11e6-9f79-770185abf01f.html

As Friday’s search begins, they’ve asked for any donations of Gatorade, bananas and individual snack items to be dropped off at the Criminal Justice Complex, 3000 S 13th St. in Duncan.

http://www.kswo.com/story/32247350/100-join-search-for-damion

Again today, this amazing community has stepped up in a big way :D

Thank you for all of the donations. At this time we have plenty, we appreciate you all very much.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1077008122344826&id=128658670513114
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 279
WOW... The search efforts are wonderful to see. I hope and pray that they get a good outcome!xx

Duncan Police Department Chief Danny Ford added: “We will continue to look at evidence,” he said. “We’re going to go back and talk to people and pull video we haven’t been able to look at. There’s many things left to do still.”

(...)

“We do have some areas with K-9 (Saturday) in spots that we have interest in,” said McKinney. “We still have investigators assigned on it and we will be following up on leads. We’re continuing to ask people to look around their properties and their neighborhoods.

(...)

“The outpour and the support that we have seen in this community is overwhelming,” said McKinney. “I can’t remember when we had something this large, where the people come out to help. We have enough food (at the command center) to feed a small army. In essence, we had a small army looking for Damion. It makes me proud and happy to live in this county.”
http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/re...cle_613143c6-34dd-11e6-81fc-53c414238b30.html

I just pray he is found soon and safe.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

Per Duncan Police Department's Facebook page,
-Search crew from Bridging the Gap was out searching today, as well as small teams with K9's (tracking vs cadaver etc. not specified) searching areas of interest (unspecified). One K9 was injured (cut on leg) & therefore had to be pulled from today's search. PD expects Bridging the Gap to return with more K9's in the next couple days.
-PD still encourages residents to Keep looking, but stay out of water areas.
-PD advises anyone who finds articles of clothing, anything that appears to need further investigation, or notices any suspicious smells, to contact the PD.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1115182651874674&id=789533027772973
Bbm: underlined portion has my stomach in even more knots. Praying that this continues to be a reduce type search vs recovery. Yes, it has been nearly a week, but after the little boy who was left on the mountains in Japan & missing a similar amount of time, to be found alive & (relatively speaking) well, I have hope.
I took my almost 5-year old daughter (who also is on the spectrum) to finding dory yesterday, & found myself in tears, thinking immediately of my daughter & little Damion, when dory found her family because she remembered to look for a line a seashells that would lead her home, & as age apologized for forgetting them, her parents reassured her that it was ok, because she found them, in her own special way.
Damion, find your way back to your family, sweetie. However you find them, you can do it, you can remember how to get home, or somewhere safe to ask for help, in your own special way.
(It does really scare me that Damion is nonverbal. There are plenty of other ways children with autism are taught to communicate, especially important things like name/phone #/address/parent names, etc., but if he is very overwhelmed, his recall may not be functioning properly, or may be so frustrated, exhausted, afraid, etc., that he is unable to communicate, or the listener is unable to understand his communication. I wish he was getting more media coverage so that anyone he may stumble upon for help will recognize him & know to call for help ASAP.

Per Duncan Police Department's Facebook page,
-Search crew from Bridging the Gap was out searching today, as well as small teams with K9's (tracking vs cadaver etc. not specified) searching areas of interest (unspecified). One K9 was injured (cut on leg) & therefore had to be pulled from today's search. PD expects Bridging the Gap to return with more K9's in the next couple days.
-PD still encourages residents to Keep looking, but stay out of water areas.
-PD advises anyone who finds articles of clothing, anything that appears to need further investigation, or notices any suspicious smells, to contact the PD.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1115182651874674&id=789533027772973
Bbm: underlined portion has my stomach in even more knots. Praying that this continues to be a reduce type search vs recovery. Yes, it has been nearly a week, but after the little boy who was left on the mountains in Japan & missing a similar amount of time, to be found alive & (relatively speaking) well, I have hope.
I took my almost 5-year old daughter (who also is on the spectrum) to finding dory yesterday, & found myself in tears, thinking immediately of my daughter & little Damion, when dory found her family because she remembered to look for a line a seashells that would lead her home, & as age apologized for forgetting them, her parents reassured her that it was ok, because she found them, in her own special way.
Damion, find your way back to your family, sweetie. However you find them, you can do it, you can remember how to get home, or somewhere safe to ask for help, in your own special way.
(It does really scare me that Damion is nonverbal. There are plenty of other ways children with autism are taught to communicate, especially important things like name/phone #/address/parent names, etc., but if he is very overwhelmed, his recall may not be functioning properly, or may be so frustrated, exhausted, afraid, etc., that he is unable to communicate, or the listener is unable to understand his communication. I wish he was getting more media coverage so that anyone he may stumble upon for help will recognize him & know to call for help ASAP.

Cringing right now at all the auto correct fails that turned into typos in my above post, & I am not able to edit. OT, but why on earth does this iPhone keep correcting correctly used, spelled words for different words that result in the statements making no sense, or even worse, with random text such as whjjjjj. Ey yI yi.. Time for me to go to sleep!

How did I miss this thread? So much heartache these past 2 weeks. I'm just posting to say that SAR people are angels on earth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

where is this little guy. So worried :(

I missed poor Damions thread. Poor little guy. I really hope he is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back