OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I envision her as being a beautiful black kitty....:)

And THIS is Portabella, Cat Crew Captain, for those that don't know her!!! She's working her paws off trying to find Gypsy and the information about Daryn garnered with that find!

Portabella.....

:yourock:

Has anyone considered contacting the most popular Furry fan pages on Facebook? Maybe they would be interested in "Sharing" Daryn's story on their page. This one, for instance, has over 30,000 fans. All of those people would then see Daryn's story on their Facebook feed, or main home page when they login.

https://www.facebook.com/xfurryx?fref=ts

Has anyone considered contacting the most popular Furry fan pages on Facebook? Maybe they would be interested in "Sharing" Daryn's story on their page. This one, for instance, has over 30,000 fans. All of those people would then see Daryn's story on their Facebook feed, or main home page when they login.

https://www.facebook.com/xfurryx?fref=ts

Actually, upon further investigation, it appears one can "like" the page and then be able to post a link to the story. It would show under the section entitled "Recent Posts by Others on Furry." Maybe the FB Admin of his page would be interested in doing this?

This is the timeline we've got as of now.

Sat...5/18...................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Sun...5/19..................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Mon..5/20..................Muskogee –Skiatook -- Del City ^
...................2:56pm...Moore tornado, 7 miles from Del City
Tue...5/21..................OKC-NYC*
Wed..5/22..................NYC*
Thu...5/23..................NYC*
Fri.....5/24..................NYC*
Sat...5/25...?..............NYC*
Sun...5/26...?.............Arrives at OKC airport
...................9:37pm...At Job Corps in Guthrie, OK, dropping off brother

Wed..5/29.................Missing person report filed with Guthrie LE by dad and stepmom

Fri....5/31..................NAMUS entry created for Daryn

Mon..6/3....am..........Car spotted
Hood River County, OR, on I-35 near the head of ZigZag trail.*

Thu...6/6.....?.............Car identified as Daryn's by LE

^ means fb info from JJ

Thank you SF!

I am amazed at all of the work everyone has put into this, especially since there is a lack of MSM coverage.

You all rock!!!!

From conversation with JJ
Pulse is the name of his tiger charecter.
He has a tiger costume, but now a Fur suit. It is more of a spandex material.
JJ has never seen Gypsy so unable to help there.
JJ also told me he plays ye card game Magic: the Gathering
My wife who used to live in Del City he played at New World Games and Comics in Del City
From Me. I know a friend in the furry community here in. Oklahoma and she is going to assist in getting a poster to the web master of an OK furry convention. I am going to take the contact info for OR and OK LE agencies. I will also mention the facts we can about Gypsy the Cat to see if we can get info on Gypsy's location or any other info about her. I am also going to take the chance that since Daryn is a known gamer and sci fi fantasy fan to see about posting the same info to the local OK cons to see if that might also help. I know people travel many miles to attend a con so nave we can get them to repost as much as possible.

There are endless tweets and posts being shared by Furs concerning DC being missing. I have even seen it on Russian Fur Forums. Now the downfall, they are all saying his Fursona is Darraby..... If it turns out to be PULSE that is a shame, so many wasted resources for many many days...IMHO

I just want to find The Cat! Gypsy is somewhere, I hope, with someone he trusted. I think she is a clue. I only asked ALL those questions about his cat, because I know "cat" or pet people think about what to do for / about them, when you can't or aren't able.

I just spent a good long, long time reading every page and every post of this thread. I was surprised that nobody commented on this yet.... going back to one of the first pages, my_tee posted a question asking people's thoughts on the items found in the car, and specifically speculated that perhaps the sleeping bag and suit were both there because of having been part of the NY trip's luggage.

Flying is really expensive nowadays, especially with the fact that only carryon is free, and a checked bag is at least $50 apiece depending on the airline. A sleeping bag is going to either count as your entire carryon "bag" or else you're gonna have to use up like half your available "suitcase real estate" to fit it inside. IMHO there's no way in the world that sleeping bag went to NY and back. Much more likely to be leftover winter gear if its his at all. JMO

There are endless tweets and posts being shared by Furs concerning DC being missing. I have even seen it on Russian Fur Forums. Now the downfall, they are all saying his Fursona is Darraby..... If it turns out to be PULSE that is a shame, so many wasted resources for many many days...IMHO

Isn't that the truth??!!!! Sigh.:scared:

I've seen Darraby all over the place; I've heard it used by family even. I've had it verified to me personally by family as the Fursona. Pulse is a new one on me as well. Color me confuzzled.

I'm gonna leave ya'll to depuzzle/defuzzle the Fursona thing. I'll stick to the furry feline known as Gypsy...if that is indeed her real name. :facepalm:

I will try to post my feelings and thoughts in as respectful a way as possible.

IMHO the people who have given the most curiously conflicting and/or .... I don't know... strange statements that have thrown things either off hte most, or off on tangents the most, seem to be from the people most close to him (brother, girlfriend).... like the stuff about stopping at the apartment for a backpack randomly being added into the mix, the cellphone ping in NWA being thrown into things almost like a deliberate wild goose chase, the fact nobody will comment on the cat and in fact almost seem to be avoiding the questions about it, or brushing it off, the NAMUS info being updated only after repeated prompting, the fursona name and animal being wrong, the weird conversations about him having a cat carrier but it being missing, then no wait he might not have ever had one after all, the suggestions he was at this airport, no wait he was at that airport (I mean seriously is there any evidence from anyone other than his brother's say-so that he ever even returned from NYC?) the license plate(S) conflicting info (OK only has one plate and it goes on the back so WTF is this about a front plate being removed and stuck inside the car behind the drivers' seat? Tho this came from LE so is less of a good example of what I'm illustrating, I know) etc etc etc etc

In light of all that, If I was a VERY suspicious person, I'd have to suspect that he disappeared voluntarily and the people closest to him are the only ones who know and they're helping by intentionally interfering with an investigation.

But that doesn't quite sit right with me so I am not willing to say that is my theory at this time... but if someone else said it was theirs, I'd surely understand where they were coming from.

JMO IMHO AND SO ON

Thank you SF!

I am amazed at all of the work everyone has put into this, especially since there is a lack of MSM coverage.

You all rock!!!!

You ain't exactly chopped liver yourself, tezi De-ah!!!

And THIS is Portabella, Cat Crew Captain, for those that don't know her!!! She's working her paws off trying to find Gypsy and the information about Daryn garnered with that find!

Portabella.....

:yourock:

Tell me how to help you! I have 6 days off from work. What does this kitty look like? Please give some info on her / him? I know I am a low poster, but I am willing to put out info on Gypsy if I can get more info and where to put it out. Thanks!

I just spent a good long, long time reading every page and every post of this thread. I was surprised that nobody commented on this yet.... going back to one of the first pages, my_tee posted a question asking people's thoughts on the items found in the car, and specifically speculated that perhaps the sleeping bag and suit were both there because of having been part of the NY trip's luggage.

Flying is really expensive nowadays, especially with the fact that only carryon is free, and a checked bag is at least $50 apiece depending on the airline. A sleeping bag is going to either count as your entire carryon "bag" or else you're gonna have to use up like half your available "suitcase real estate" to fit it inside. IMHO there's no way in the world that sleeping bag went to NY and back. Much more likely to be leftover winter gear if its his at all. JMO
Great info! Thanks so much for addressing that!!!

IMHO the people who have given the most curiously conflicting and/or .... I don't know... strange statements that have thrown things either off hte most, or off on tangents the most, seem to be from the people most close to him (brother, girlfriend).... like the stuff about stopping at the apartment for a backpack randomly being added into the mix, the cellphone ping in NWA being thrown into things almost like a deliberate wild goose chase, the fact nobody will comment on the cat and in fact almost seem to be avoiding the questions about it, or brushing it off, the NAMUS info being updated only after repeated prompting, the fursona name and animal being wrong, the weird conversations about him having a cat carrier but it being missing, then no wait he might not have ever had one after all, the suggestions he was at this airport, no wait he was at that airport (I mean seriously is there any evidence from anyone other than his brother's say-so that he ever even returned from NYC?) the license plate(S) conflicting info (OK only has one plate and it goes on the back so WTF is this about a front plate being removed and stuck inside the car behind the drivers' seat? Tho this came from LE so is less of a good example of what I'm illustrating, I know) etc etc etc etc

In light of all that, If I was a VERY suspicious person, I'd have to suspect that he disappeared voluntarily and the people closest to him are the only ones who know and they're helping by intentionally interfering with an investigation.

But that doesn't quite sit right with me so I am not willing to say that is my theory at this time... but if someone else said it was theirs, I'd surely understand where they were coming from.

JMO IMHO AND SO ON

Very thoughtful and thought-provoking post, GGE. The only thing I can correct(?)/clear up(?) about it is the issue of the NWA pings. As I've mentioned a couple of times (but it sure won't hurt to remind folks/alert the newer members), that ping misinformation was in the early early, family-shocked stages of the realization that Daryn was missing. That information was mistakenly provided by my own niece-in-law, IMO because she knew Daryn had gone to the graduation in NY and that his dad ("D") and his step-mom ("SHC") had also gone. She must have somehow thought that Daryn flew out and back into NWA with his parents and that was the point from where he went missing. That mistake is perfectly understandable, and she has apologized so many times for it that I just wanna squeeze her to pieces and give her a cookie. She's since been extremely careful and very very helpful in getting information verified. This is her first cousin that is missing, and I can't imagine what she's going through (that's not here nor there with regard to the ping mistake...but it just kills me to think what they are all going through....such a nice nice bunch of folks, that litter of Collies!)

Again, GGE, you've made some excellent observations, and the attention to detail is so appreciated. It will certainly help to have another on board who watches for the discrepancies, so please stick around and help! :seeya:

oh no oh no oh no. if this is Daryn, someone just needed a car to get to OR. But why? and where is Gypsy? I had a "Gypsy" once. She was a tortoise shell. Oh Daryn, I hope this isn't you... but alas, it IS someone.
\
If he was carjacked in Guthrie, this would be in the wrong direction from Oregon. I suppose he could have been carjacked near this intersection if he took a bit of a detour on his way home, but why would he detour off I-35 into one of the more dangerous areas of Oklahoma City?
I think this is probably someone else. Also, it's in a neighborhood, in a smallish strip of short grass. I don't think a body could be there for 2 1/2 weeks without being noticed.
Info for dangerousness of neighborhood around NE 16th & Kellam: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ok/oklahoma-city/crime/

Tell me how to help you! I have 6 days off from work. What does this kitty look like? Please give some info on her / him? I know I am a low poster, but I am willing to put out info on Gypsy if I can get more info and where to put it out. Thanks!

I believe Portabella has provided you with the info! :) I have personally sent you two info-laden items myself!

In case there was a cat carrier it can't hurt to mention that when we boarded PMK (Pretty Miss Kitty, RIP) years ago we left her carrier there at the vet and got it when we got her. So, even if there's a carrier and it's missing entirely, that doesn't mean he took the cat with him and is in Oregon carrying Gypsy in a carrier, necessarily.

JMO IMHO AND SO ON

I really like your insightful post.
And I know you said that all this doesn't quite sit right with you so you aren't willing to say this is your theory at this time, but I have to ask then, since you brought it up....if the people closest to him are helping him, and hindering/intentionally interfering with the investigation, why do you think they would do that? What would Daryn have done, that nobody else is supposed to find out about, so there's the secrecy and cover-up, and to look like a car jacking, or to look like a suicide....what would Daryn gain? What would the "helpers" gain from this? Is Daryn, then hiding something that he did and nobody is supposed to find out?
It isn't all that difficult to put in your notice at work if you don't want to work there anymore. If you can't afford the car you bought, there's ways to manage that, other than driving it to the coast and dumping it there.
If somebody is helping Daryn, what is the Pay-Off for them?? What is the Pay-Off for Daryn?? This certainly is hurting his family emotionally....

In case there was a cat carrier it can't hurt to mention that when we boarded PMK (Pretty Miss Kitty, RIP) years ago we left her carrier there at the vet and got it when we got her. So, even if there's a carrier and it's missing entirely, that doesn't mean he took the cat with him and is in Oregon carrying Gypsy in a carrier, necessarily.

mrmytee and I had a Miss Kitty. She was our first child together. :(

My thoughts... the car was left meticulously. It was backed up intentionally to obscure the back plate, and if there was anything on the front, as LE said there was, it was taken off and stashed inside. In this way it was just another vehicle parked at a trailhead, which is probably unlikely to appear odd until some days have passed, IMHO, which is based on no experience whatsoever.

His items were left inside including a non-stolen laptop. Anyone who carjacked him and had no cash, therefor had to abandon the car once it was out of gas (after filling it a number of times on the way at any number of full serve stations which should provide a lead or two I would think) would likely take along something like that which he could carry and which would be of value, I would think.

But he, himself, might have some reason to leave the car in such a way that it was not very noticeable or conspicuous, and then leave his things behind in it... either if he was going to go off on a little rendezvous with someone and they were going to bring him back to his car at the end of this little visit, or if he intended to never come back to it at all. In which case I don't read it as suicide, but rather as voluntary disappearing. There are a million quicker and easier and more logical places and ways to kill yourself than to go through all THIS, you know?

The car being completely out of gas speaks to someone so meticulous that they wanted absolute control over the finding of the car. They didn't want to risk a thief happening upon it and driving it away. They wanted it to HAVE to be towed. That way someone would eventually find it was his, and sooner than later. So he cared about people and didn't want them to worry endlessly, IMHO......

the passport being left behind was something I wanted to comment on... sort of... what I mean is, I just wanted to mention I don't think you need one to do a land crossing into Canada or back, only air. Pretty sure about that. You only need your license on you to land-cross. So the Passport wouldn't be for a Canada trip, I'm pretty sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston