GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
~bump~ Something has just got to break in this case.

Thanks everyone for bumping Joe's thread and keeping it active.

I'm sending out more prayers for a break in Joe's case......it's just a matter of time, MMD.

As difficult as that was to read, it feels like the first factual information released in this case. I sure hope that LE already told the family this stuff before it was published in the newspaper!

No This was the first truth for me too. Yes it was difficult to read, but like you I am glad to hear truth of any kind at this point. You would think they would have to discuss with family before press release. That ought to be a law. Well I feel sick. I do pray answers come soon.

Hello Marie! :hug: It is good to see you and please know that we are still praying like crazy for justice and for your dad. I believe LE is going to solve this case soon!!!

I hope so too, SF

So sorry to have to type this stuff, knowing that mmd is reading here :(

We've probably covered this in the earlier threads, but there is something in the sequence of events that is bugging me. It's even a bit bumbled up in my own brain, so hope it makes sense to others:

There is no indication of any injury other than that single, fatal gunshot wound. The significant blood loss at the bar seems to indicate Joe was shot at that location while bound and taped (no need to bind and tape someone AFTERWARDS). If Joe had the large amount of money from the home safe with him, they could have just subdued him, taken the money and run .. unless it was someone Joe knew and they could not leave him alive to identify them? Why why why remove Joe from the bar? That would be the most difficult aspect of the entire crime.

1) Maybe the perp(s) needed to put some time/distance between the bar and Joe's home. They needed time between the crime scene being discovered and Joe's body being found, both being factors that drew attention AWAY from Joe's home. Or

2) maybe they removed Joe from the bar simply because they were concerned about their DNA being on him as a result of the altercation, and their DNA might be easily discoverable within a close circle of family/friends who might reasonably be asked to provide a sample .. or

3) maybe they were strangers to Joe, but someone with DNA already in the databank.

With no evidence being found at Joe's home, I suspect the perps got the home safe combination and home office key from Joe at the bar before they shot him, dropped his body off, cleaned themselves up, and went to Joe's home when they knew nobody would be there ... in the couple of days after Joe's death and prior to the home office/safe being discovered by family. In this scenario, I am much more apt to think it would be someone who was normally in Joe's home so their DNA found there would not raise any suspicion if found at the home.

Still just maybes and ifs, but this recent info brings us back to those tragic moments in time.

mmd .. my heart hurts so badly for you when i type this stuff

Do not worry about hurting me. I am the tough one, dad said so. lol Well I was going to clarify the times. He went missing at about 11:30am on Thursday. The LE went to dads house about 12:30pm or 1:00pm and checked the house to make sure he was not there. We all stayed out by the bar the rest of the evening just trying to call hospitals and trying to let people know he was missing. I went back to dads house about 10:30pm and stayed there until daylight. The search started early, on horseback, on foot, 4-wheelers. Hundreds of friends and strangers came together to search. I could not believe my eyes, everywhere I looked there were people in ditches, riverbeds and roadsides. It was amazing, I thank God for each and every one of them. Back to details, the house had someone here lots of the time. That first evening in between the LE search and when I came to stay. The next day my mom, and a family friend stayed and took phone calls and watched the house. So they were there all day until we broke into the room that evening. Friday evening is when we discovered the safe. So there was only very few opportunities for someone to sneak in it.

IIRC, NAPA was the last stop on Joe's morning errands before heading to the saloon. It seems it is formally referred to as Eddy's NAPA Auto Parts. I've tried to bring it up on Street View but S. McKenna St hasn't been imaged that far. Anyone know how far it is from Joe's saloon?

About 6 or 7 minutes. From Napa to dads is south, south west about 3 or 4 minutes to the house, continue past house heading south another 3 minutes to the saloon. Poteau is really small.

Dear Marie,

Thanks for the video links. Also viewed the Facebook pages. THANK YOU for sharing. Seems everyone loved and respected your Dad.

I am curious though, did T.A.M. (seen leaving your father's house early that morning by either your brother in law or your hubby?) show up for the vigil on the 14th? Has that person been helpful in any way?

Yes we put on the news and facebook and a sign at Long Branch that since it was raining and kinda storming we moved it to the Armory. T.A.M. showed up all right, a little late and apparently soused. She came in cussing and mad that it had been moved. I never seen her. She has not spoken to me in several months. So yes she did make an appearance.

okay here is some pretty great news! We (dads siblings and me & my husband) have hired a private investigator/ cold case detective out of Oklahoma City. He is awesome, and has already hit the ground running! Keep the prayers coming, that answers are coming soon!!!!! I will get back on here soon, been trying to get stuff in order before kids got outta school, I didn't make it....thanks!!! hugs to u all

That is absolutely fantastic news MMD! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

No This was the first truth for me too. Yes it was difficult to read, but like you I am glad to hear truth of any kind at this point. You would think they would have to discuss with family before press release. That ought to be a law. Well I feel sick. I do pray answers come soon.

Wow, MMD, I'm so sorry that you learned of this in that manner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back