GUILTY OK - Girl, 3, beaten, shock collar used on her, Rogers Co., Feb 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@ShHolmz - might be a bit early to ask about Pennington's next hearing, but Wilson had the blind plea hearing on 10/20/22. Did she plead guilty? or??

TIA! :)

edited to add: Oh - I see I have a status hearing on 11/29/22 for Pennington - will that be his next one?

Hey @Niner
I hope this child is now safe and happy living a wonderful life.
Sorry for the delay.

Jeannette Leigh Wilson
No. CF-2020-163

Rogers County

https://www.oscn.net

EVENTS

Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 1:30 PM
BLIND PLEA/ PTC
Wilson, Jeannette LeeStephen R Pazzo
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 1:30 PM
FORMAL SENTENCING (AFTER BLIND PLEA PSI)

DOCKET

09-15-2022CTFREEJUDGE PAZZO; NO CR; COMES ON FOR DISTRICT COURT ARRAIGNMENT; ADA STRAIN PRESENT; ATTY MILNER PRESENT WITH DFT, DFT PRESENT IN RCJ CUSTODY; STATE DOESNT WAIVE JURY TRIAL AT THIS TIME; MATTER SET FOR PTC/BLIND PLEA ON 10/20/22 AT 1:30PM
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
09-23-2022LTLETTER FROM JEANETTE WILSON
Wilson, Jeannette Lee
09-29-2022OWAIVER OF: JURY TRIAL
ORDER PTC /BLIND PLEA
Wilson, Jeannette Lee
10-20-2022CTFREEJUDGE PAZZO; CR WILD; ADA STRAIN; CASE COMES ON FOR BLIND PLEA. DFT CURRENTLY IN THE ROGERS COUNTY JAIL AND IS PRESENT WITH ATTY MILNER. DFT SWORN; ADVISED OF RIGHTS; WAIVES RIGHT TO A TRIAL; ENTERS A PLEA OF NO CONTEST. THE COURT ACCEPTS THE PLEA AND FINDS THE DFT GUILTY. PRE-SENTENCING INVESTIGATION AND REPORT REQUESTED. SENTENCING SET FOR 01/25/2023 AT 1:30PM. DFT REJECTS PLEA AGREEMENT FROM STATE, ORDER OF PROOF GIVEN IN OPEN COURT BY STATE. AGGREGATE EVIDENCE MITIGATION AT HEARING. ADVISED OF RIGHTS TO APPEAL. DFT ADVISED COUNTS 1-6 ARE 85% CRIMES AND RANGE OF PUNISHMENT.

Hi @Niner

Gustus Pennington
Case No. CF-2020-164

Rogers County

EVENTS

Friday, October 21, 2022 at 9:30 AM
Decision on Dft's Mot to Reconsider
Pennington, Gustus Andrew GlenCF Docket A
Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 1:30 PM
STATUS/DCA

DOCKET

10-21-2022 RESPSTATE'S RESPONSE ON MOTION TO DISMISS
Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen
10-27-2022 CTFREE(MIN OF 10-21-2022) STEIDLEY; ST BY STRAIN; DFT PRESENT BY ATTY HENSON; DFT CURRENTLY IN RCJ CUSTODY; COMES ON FOR MCGIRT DECISION; PARTIES RECEIVED A COPY OF THE COURT'S WRITTEN DECISION IN OPEN COURT

This is an old article but gives details into this child abuse.

Toddler Allegedly Beat And Forced To Wear Shock Dog Collar To ‘Rewire Her Brain’ | Oxygen Official Site

FROM THE ARTICLE:

While investigators initially believed that Wilson was a victim, within a day their investigation led them to believe that she was a willing participant in the alleged abuse. They claimed that texts revealed that the couple planned and collaborated in the torture.

Investigators noted that they saw "severe bruising, contusions and blooding whelps on the child's body" as well as "burn marks under the child's neck from the shock collar prongs.” The toddler "sat emotionless and seemed as if she was in a total state of shock" when the investigators spoke to her, according to the charging documents.

She routinely left the toddler alone with Pennington.

Thanks a bunch @ShHolmz ! Glad to hearing Wilson plead guilty - well no contest - but same as a guilty plea. Too bad Pennington is still fighting his.

And yes - hoping this little girl is doing a TON better away from these people!

So, I'm a bit confused about this case.
I have connections to the "mom" through my sister and mother, as Wilson is my sister's best friend. I've known her for many years, but have few memorable interactions with her.
Not really trying to give any kind of "insider info" but after the event, I've held quite a bit of resentment towards Wilson.

So Wilson plead No Contest, and rejected the plea deal from what I understand, correct?

I overheard a video call between Wilson's sister, my sister, and my mother last week on the 22nd, and she seemed to be implying that she needed to get everyone that still supported her to come and say things like "That she would never do such things and is a good parent" and the such in January.

I held my tongue, but I'm 100% against her as I know her and had my interactions with her and her friends, and want to know exactly what this kind of action could be, and whether it could save her from being sentenced justly.

I'm just trying to fully understand her situation and I don't know enough about court proceedings to be able to decipher all the information given here.

Sorry if this isn't allowed, or if I sound unintelligent, but I have been following this case since it happened, and would like more understanding, because I can't talk to my family about it, because they are all for Wilson, and plan to attest to her "innocence".

Thanks in Advance for any information.
I know a small bit about the situation with the child, but shall refrain from spouting info without being asked.

So, I'm a bit confused about this case.
I have connections to the "mom" through my sister and mother, as Wilson is my sister's best friend. I've known her for many years, but have few memorable interactions with her.
Not really trying to give any kind of "insider info" but after the event, I've held quite a bit of resentment towards

So Wilson plead No Contest, and rejected the plea deal from what I understand, correct?

I overheard a video call between Wilson's sister, my sister, and my mother last week on the 22nd, and she seemed to be implying that she needed to get everyone that still supported her to come and say things like "That she would never do such things and is a good parent" and the such in January.

I held my tongue, but I'm 100% against her as I know her and had my interactions with her and her friends, and want to know exactly what this kind of action could be, and whether it could save her from being sentenced justly.

I'm just trying to fully understand her situation and I don't know enough about court proceedings to be able to decipher all the information given here.

Sorry if this isn't allowed, or if I sound unintelligent, but I have been following this case since it happened, and would like more understanding, because I can't talk to my family about it, because they are all for Wilson, and plan to attest to her "innocence".

Thanks in Advance for any information.
I know a small bit about the situation with the child, but shall refrain from spouting info without being asked.
Welcome to Websleuths @DarkVahn

I hope you are not being pressured into participating in her “innocence” strategy.

She has admitted to investigators that she not only participated in the abuse, on numerous occasions she left the baby home alone with that monster.

In my opinion, a few letters and testimony from friends and family won’t make much difference in the outcome. Her family and her lawyers are just trying to get her the most lenient sentence possible.

I linked the court website below that references the charges she is facing.

Hoping this helps answer some of your questions.

Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation, or Sexual Abuse of Child - Penalties - Definitions

Facing 5 counts. 21 O.S. 843.5(A)

A. Any person who shall willfully or maliciously engage in child abuse, as defined in this section, shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding life imprisonment, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment.

Facing 1 count. 21 O.S. 843.5(C)

C. Any person responsible for the health, safety or welfare of a child who shall willfully or maliciously engage in child neglect, as defined in this section, shall, upon conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections not exceeding life imprisonment, or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment.

Conspiracy - Definition - Punishment

Facing 1 count. 21. O.S. 421

A. If two or more persons conspire, either:

1. To commit any crime; or

2. Falsely and maliciously to indict another for any crime, or to procure another to be charged or arrested for any crime; or

3. Falsely to move or maintain any suit, action or proceeding; or

4. To cheat and defraud any person of any property by any means which are in themselves criminal, or by any means which, if executed, would amount to a cheat or to obtaining money or property by false pretenses; or,

5. To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public morals, or to trade or commerce, or for the perversion or obstruction of justice or the due administration of the laws, they are guilty of a conspiracy.

B. Except in cases where a different punishment is prescribed by law the punishment for conspiracy shall be a misdemeanor unless the conspiracy is to commit a felony.

C. Conspiracy to commit a felony shall be a felony and is punishable by payment of a fine not exceeding Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a period not exceeding ten (10) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

I have not obtained any court documents regarding this case but they are available at the County Clerks Office for a fee.

We are able to post them here on Webseluths, as long as the child’s name is redacted. I believe they have a lot of evidence against her, they originally assumed she was a victim not a participant.

I would be interested in her letter to the court, what is her possible defense in hurting her own child as described in the article!?!

Praying that child is nowhere near anyone that would defend her actions.

Hi @Niner

Gustus Pennington
Case No. CF-2020-164

Rogers County

DOCKET

10-27-2022 CTFREE(MIN OF 10-21-2022) STEIDLEY; ST BY STRAIN; DFT PRESENT BY ATTY HENSON; DFT CURRENTLY IN RCJ CUSTODY; COMES ON FOR MCGIRT DECISION; PARTIES RECEIVED A COPY OF THE COURT'S WRITTEN DECISION IN OPEN COURT

EVENTS

STATUS/DCA
Pennington, Gustus Andrew GlenSheila A. Condren

Hello @Niner Here is the update for her.

Jeannette Leigh Wilson
No. CF-2020-163

Rogers County

DOCKET

10-20-2022 CTFREEJUDGE PAZZO; CR WILD; ADA STRAIN; CASE COMES ON FOR BLIND PLEA. DFT CURRENTLY IN THE ROGERS COUNTY JAIL AND IS PRESENT WITH ATTY MILNER. DFT SWORN; ADVISED OF RIGHTS; WAIVES RIGHT TO A TRIAL; ENTERS A PLEA OF NO CONTEST. THE COURT ACCEPTS THE PLEA AND FINDS THE DFT GUILTY. PRE-SENTENCING INVESTIGATION AND REPORT REQUESTED. SENTENCING SET FOR 01/25/2023 AT 1:30PM. DFT REJECTS PLEA AGREEMENT FROM STATE, ORDER OF PROOF GIVEN IN OPEN COURT BY STATE. AGGREGATE EVIDENCE MITIGATION AT HEARING. ADVISED OF RIGHTS TO APPEAL. DFT ADVISED COUNTS 1-6 ARE 85% CRIMES AND RANGE OF PUNISHMENT.

EVENTS

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 1:30 PM
FORMAL SENTENCING (AFTER BLIND PLEA PSI)
Wilson, Jeannette LeeStephen R Pazzo

Thank you for those updates @ShHolmz !
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Tuesday, November 29th:
*Status Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) - OK – 3 yr. old (Jan. 27, 2020: beaten w/belt, strapped to table & forced to wear shock collar for a week, Collinsville) – *Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington (24/now 26) arrested (1/28/20), charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (10/28/21) & re-arraigned (3/8/22) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia. Held without bond.
Court info from 3/12/20 thru 8/30/22 reference post #280 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...her-rogers-co-feb-2020-arrests.508709/page-14

9/28/22: Rogers County District Attorney Matt Ballard said after considering evidence & the different criteria to claim Indian status, the court determined Pennington failed to establish Indian status. Along with not being a tribal member when the alleged crime occurred, the court’s ruling stated Pennington’s interest in the German Nazi Regime outweighed his efforts to formalize his tribal membership. McGrit hearing on 10/21/22.
10/21/22 Update: State's response on Motion to Dismiss. Present: ADA Strain, defendant present by attorney Henson; defendant currently in RCJ custody. McGirt decision. Parties received a copy of the Court's written decision in open court. Decision on defendant's motion to reconsider. Next status hearing 11/29/22 @ 1:30pm. 10/27/22: CT free. Judge Steidley, State by Strain, defendant present by attorney Henson. Defendant currently in RCJ custody. For McGirt decision; parties received a copy of the court's written decision in open court.
*Jeannette Lee Wilson (24/now 26) “mom” – Plead no contest/Court finds her guilty. Sentencing hearing on 1/25/23.

Hi @Niner

Gustus Pennington
Case No. CF-2020-164

Rogers County

DOCKET

10-27-2022CTFREE(MIN OF 10-21-2022) STEIDLEY; ST BY STRAIN; DFT PRESENT BY ATTY HENSON; DFT CURRENTLY IN RCJ CUSTODY; COMES ON FOR MCGIRT DECISION; PARTIES RECEIVED A COPY OF THE COURT'S WRITTEN DECISION IN OPEN COURT

EVENTS

STATUS/DCA
STATUS/DCA
Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 1:30 PM
DISTRICT COURT ARRAIGNMENT
Pennington, Gustus Andrew GlenLara M Russell

DOCKET

11-29-2022 JUDGE CONDREN; CR NONE; STATE BY HIDELADGE; DFT PRESENT IN RCJ CUSTODY WITH ATTY HENSON. CASE COMES ON FOR STATUS/ DCA. DEF DOSE NOT WAIVE TWO JUDGE RULE. COURT ORDERS DFT BACK FOR DCA SET TO 12/15/22 AT 1:30PM BEFORE JUDGE CONDREN. DEF RECOGNIZE BACK AT THAT TIME OR A WARRANT WILL BE ISSUED FOR THEIR ARREST.

Thank you @ShHolmz ! Now this will be his 3rd arraignment hearing.... ??

Do you know if he had additional charges? Here is what I have in my notes:
Pennington (24/now 26) arrested (1/28/20), charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (10/28/21) & re-arraigned (3/8/22) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia.

TIA!
Moose And Christmas Balls Smiley

Thank you @ShHolmz ! Now this will be his 3rd arraignment hearing.... ??

Do you know if he had additional charges? Here is what I have in my notes:
Pennington (24/now 26) arrested (1/28/20), charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (10/28/21) & re-arraigned (3/8/22) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia.

TIA!
Hey @Niner
These are original counts below
It’s possible the others are through a different court.
I will check again for the drugs, etc see if he has a different case number

COUNTS​

Parties appear only under the counts with which they were charged. For complete sentence information, see the court minute on the docket.

Count # 1.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/22/2020
Party NameDisposition Information
Count # 2.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/25/2020
Count # 3.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/26/2020
Count # 4.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Count # 5.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/27/2020
Count # 6.Count as Filed: CHN, CHILD NEGLECT, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (C)
Date of Offense: 02/21/2020
Count # 7.Count as Filed: OPJ, CONSPIRACY, in violation of 21 O.S. 421

Hey @Niner
These are original counts below
It’s possible the others are through a different court.
I will check again for the drugs, etc see if he has a different case number

COUNTS​

Parties appear only under the counts with which they were charged. For complete sentence information, see the court minute on the docket.

Count # 1.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/22/2020
Count # 2.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/25/2020
Count # 3.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Count # 4.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Count # 5.Count as Filed: CHAB, CHILD ABUSE, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (A)
Date of Offense: 02/27/2020
Count # 6.Count as Filed: CHN, CHILD NEGLECT, in violation of 21 O.S. 843.5 (C)
Count # 7.Count as Filed: OPJ, CONSPIRACY, in violation of 21 O.S. 421

Ah - those other arraignments could possibly be the controlled substance-possession & drug paraphernalia! Thanks for the above info.

Thursday, December 15th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) - OK – 3 yr. old (Jan. 27, 2020: beaten w/belt, strapped to table & forced to wear shock collar for a week, Collinsville) – *Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington (24/now 26) arrested (1/28/20), charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (10/28/21) & re-arraigned (3/8/22) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia. Held without bond.
Court info from 3/12/20 thru 10/21/22 reference post #292 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...her-rogers-co-feb-2020-arrests.508709/page-15

10/27/22: CT free. Judge Steidley, State by Strain, defendant present by attorney Henson. Defendant currently in RCJ custody. For McGirt decision; parties received a copy of the court's written decision in open court. Next status hearing on 11/29/22.
11/29/22 Update: Judge Condren presiding. CR none. Present: State by Hildeladge; defendant present in RCJ custody with attorney Henson. Status hearing. Defendant does not waive to Judge rule. Court orders defendant back for arraignment hearing on 12/15/22. Defendant recognized back at that time or a warrant will be issued for their arrest.
*Jeannette Lee Wilson (24/now 26) “mom” – Plead no contest/Court finds her guilty. Sentencing hearing on 1/25/23.

So @ShHolmz - did GP plead guilty at his arraignment??!! I wish, eh? Any next court hearings for him?

TIA!
Hey @Niner
This is the last posting for Pennington

11-29-2022 CTFREE
JUDGE CONDREN; CR NONE; STATE BY HEIDLAGE; DFT PRESENT IN RCJ CUSTODY WITH ATTY HENSON. CASE COMES ON FOR STATUS/ DCA. DFT DOSE NOT WAIVE TWO JUDGE RULE. COURT ORDERS DFT BACK FOR DCA SET FOR 12/15/22 AT 1:30PM BEFORE JUDGE CONDREN. DFT RECOGNIZED BACK AT THAT TIME OR A WARRANT WILL BE ISSUED FOR THEIR ARREST.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back