Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While an update on substantial LE efforts made to find GBB is great to see, I wish this story had confirmed the timeline of the last day he was seen.

Are the boots & socks found inside the home what he was wearing that night before his disappearance? Or not? Any other shoes missing?

It mentions he said had a cough. If he felt unwell enough to tell his son he might stay in & rest the next day, that is concerning to me.

I really hate to say it, but the last person to see this missing man has to be the prime suspect in his disappearance. GBB didn't just vanish based on his known lifelong reliability.

That leaves his son or an unknown person as potential suspects. Do the Bensons have any employees (perhaps just seasonal)?

I thought he might have had an emergency reason to be out on his property & be an accident victim.

I don't think so any more.

JMO
I hate to say it, but I agree---we have to consider whomever was last to see a missing person. In this case though, the last person known to have seen him, is saying he left for work. So I suppose he would have a good alibi, and there is a known timeline because of the restaurant, which would have receipts?

I hate to say it, but I agree---we have to consider whomever was last to see a missing person. In this case though, the last person known to have seen him, is saying he left for work. So I suppose he would have a good alibi, and there is a known timeline because of the restaurant, which would have receipts?
I agree as well. I hope they are looking at whatever farm equipment is there too.

You posted "WORN RED WING BOOTS", Does this mean worn out and not the news ones or he wore the new boots? I'm confused.

In this article posted below, I am reading it to say that he was last seen wearing worn Red Wing boots. But the article also speaks of the new boots they found in the house. So I'm confused as to which he was wearing.

Family of missing 69-year-old Oklahoma man pleads for help

It says this in the article:
"Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off."

and then further down it says this:
"Bruce was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and worn red wing boots with the steel toe showing through. If you have any information that could help authorities, you’re urged to contact the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 875-3383."

The only thing that makes sense is that he was last seen wearing the older worn out boots but because they found the new ones inside they assume he could have switched over to the new ones sometime after his son saw him.

MOO

Edit to say: This bit of the article seems weird now that I read it again:

"“He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ "

He tells his son to not think anything of it if he doesn't seem him the next day. Weird for him to go missing after he says that. It may be nothing but a coincidence, but yeah.

MOO

Last edited:
First, from a lifestyle and geography perspective - I am fascinated by this man and his family, in the rugged American west, ranching and farming, descendant of the Oklahoma Purchase, starry skyscape, where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plain kinda way. I want to know what has happened to him because I want to believe that people in these lives have preternatural American invincibility, even as rational me knows we’re all human.

69, outdoor life. Coughing. I wonder if he had been to doctors recently. I wonder if he gave Maxine or Grady II rights to records via HIPPA. I wonder if he got bad news. That would be one of many directions in which I hope this investigation steers.

I'm assuming that the clothing description of what he was last seen wearing were not found in the residence so whatever happened to him happened the night of the 9th. If he had a medical emergency most likely he would have been found by now. I'm not liking what I'm thinking.

The Cotton County Sheriff’s Office previously released a silver alert for Benson on November 9, 2022. The OSBI says the silver alert has not yielded any information regarding Benson’s whereabouts.

According to the OSBI, they are now investigating into the suspicious disappearance of Benson.

This case is starting to remind me a bit of the Michael Chambers case

My first thought is that he is somewhere hidden on the property - in an attic, crawl space, well or somewhere hidden. The other two options for me is that he voluntarily disappeared/took his own life or he left with someone else, either voluntarily or involuntarily.

Just reading this interesting thread and wondering where Bruce’s property is in relation to his son’s property? It’s a little confusing to me. Anyone know?

Also, it seems the wife last saw her husband at the fish restaurant, while the son last saw the dad when the dad left some food off for him (after dining at the restaurant). Have I got that right? Husband and wife dined at the same restaurant but didn’t return home together (as the wife left with some friends for trip). Just trying to sort through facts here.

Just reading this interesting thread and wondering where Bruce’s property is in relation to his son’s property? It’s a little confusing to me. Anyone know?

Also, it seems the wife last saw her husband at the fish restaurant, while the son last saw the dad when the dad left some food off for him (after dining at the restaurant). Have I got that right? Husband and wife dined at the same restaurant but didn’t return home together (as the wife left with some friends for trip). Just trying to sort through facts here.

Yes, you've got that right. Husband and Wife dined with friends at the restaurant together, and wife left for trip from the restaurant. Husband stopped at Son's house to drop off supper for him from the restaurant. Son followed his father to his parents house to fill up tires. His dad was outside when he left.

In this article posted below, I am reading it to say that he was last seen wearing worn Red Wing boots. But the article also speaks of the new boots they found in the house. So I'm confused as to which he was wearing.

Family of missing 69-year-old Oklahoma man pleads for help

It says this in the article:
"Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off."

and then further down it says this:
"Bruce was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and worn red wing boots with the steel toe showing through. If you have any information that could help authorities, you’re urged to contact the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 875-3383."

The only thing that makes sense is that he was last seen wearing the older worn out boots but because they found the new ones inside they assume he could have switched over to the new ones sometime after his son saw him.

MOO

Edit to say: This bit of the article seems weird now that I read it again:

"“He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ "

He tells his son to not think anything of it if he doesn't seem him the next day. Weird for him to go missing after he says that. It may be nothing but a coincidence, but yeah.

MOO

his last words to his son just make me think he was preparing his son to not hear from him because he had a suicide plan which obviously means (since his vehicles and personal items were at home) that he is close by in a pond or a wooded area

I wonder if Bruce had recently had some bad news about his health or finances or some difficult family matter—and he couldn’t deal with it. I agree that his last words to his son are alarming, considering he has since disappeared without a trace.

He seems to have picked a convenient time to disappear—-his wife leaves on a trip with friends and he tells his son he might not see him the next day.

But I certainly hope he actually has a cough and will return very, very soon, safely.

I wonder if Bruce had recently had some bad news about his health or finances or some difficult family matter—and he couldn’t deal with it. I agree that his last words to his son are alarming, considering he has since disappeared without a trace.

He seems to have picked a convenient time to disappear—-his wife leaves on a trip with friends and he tells his son he might not see him the next day.

But I certainly hope he actually has a cough and will return very, very soon, safely.
The strange choice in words the night he is last seen seems too odd for coincidence. Curious if there were any insurance policies. Might explain if he didn’t leave a note. It’s strange how all his belongings are left in his vehicle. Almost like he knew he didn’t need them anymore, IMO. I live in Oklahoma. Curious what the town gossip might be.

It seems to me, just a guess, that its' family land and they may lease some out or something. Looks like farm land? '

I found this:
View attachment 380528

So if he was out at a very rural property there likely was no one to see him get home. JMO MOO!
160 acres is a lot of land. Curious what the terrain looks like. Have they searched it with cadaver dogs?

Family is offering a reward

....his family is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts, and Tuesday, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced it would be helping Cotton County’s Sheriff’s Office look into Benson’s disappearance, which they called “suspicious.”

Benson’s wife of 49 years, Maxine, spoke with The Constitution Wednesday afternoon. When asked how she’s been holding up over these three weeks without her partner, she offered a two-word response: “I’m not.” She doesn’t understand where he is or what could have happened.

“He never had an enemy in the world, not nothing,” she said. “This is what’s just, you know, blows our minds. We don’t know.”

Anyone who has any information on Benson’s disappearance is asked to contact the OSBI at 1 800-522-8017, or email: tips@osbi.ok.gov, or call the Cotton County Sheriff’s Department.
Callers can remain anonymous.

Glad to see more media picking up this strange disappearance. I wish we knew more about what has been searched.

Odd case. I feel bad for his family & friends who are left with only questions, it seems.

I hope this is resolved in a positive way. The clock is ticking & without tips or video or *something* it does not look hopeful, unfortunately.

But miracles do happen so who knows?

JMO

The description that has been released of the clothing Bruce was wearing the night he went missing, includes a red jacket. But in the article linked by @WingsOverTX, his wife says that his red jacket was folded in the back seat of the pickup truck.

Grady Benson’s keys and wallet were found inside his unlocked pickup at the home; his red jacket was folded in its back seat, his wife said. He was wearing his “old work boots with the steel sticking out of the toe,” she said. All he had with him, she believes, was his pocketknife, some chapstick and her second fob for her vehicle keys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back