GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. I am just now seeing that Holly is pregnant. This is very interesting, considering all things. Also? In the comment section of the pregnancy announcement is some interesting chatter about who to look at/where to look.

Agree. It brings up way more questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I keep getting stuck: why would Holly need a ride to the restaurant when she had her truck with her at work? Was she going to meet someone without her husband knowing? Maybe she didn't want her truck seen at the restaurant. I think the person who dropped her off knows something but may not necessarily be involved directly in her disappearance. That guy did not "forget" to pick her up.

This is where I keep getting stuck: why would Holly need a ride to the restaurant when she had her truck with her at work? Was she going to meet someone without her husband knowing? Maybe she didn't want her truck seen at the restaurant. I think the person who dropped her off knows something but may not necessarily be involved directly in her disappearance. That guy did not "forget" to pick her up.

I agree. This guy is a major key into getting to the bottom of all of this. Not saying he is guilty of anything - but he has to know something. I don't understand why Holly family is not screaming at him for answers. I just dont get it. Everything I have seen looks like they completely trust him -- and great! -- but if your the last person seen with my loved one, then I am going to kick and scream until you tell us everything, including how it was possible you forgot to pick her up.

Sorry, I haven't read all but was Holly seen at the restaurant.
Thanks in advance

So - we know for fact:

....Holly was left at a Braums during lunch, and her friend forgot to go pick her up.
....Holly was pregnant.
....Holly - at some point - was having money & some legal issues.
....Some of her belongings have been found in a wooded area.

Sadly, with all the facts we know - those only bring more questions to mind.

....how was this guy able to forget her? What was their conversations before she disappeared? Talk about the weather? politics? stress at home? kids? Also? How did this guy get to the point that he knew Holly needed a ride? Was he at the hospital and ran into her? She text him? Smoke signals? Not enough is being released about her last known place and the person she was with.

...what about cameras? There are several larger businesses that would most likely have cameras - what are the cameras showing?

.....how far along was Holly? We know far enough along to be confirmed by a doctor, but how far along? And why wasn't this 'little fact' announced earlier in the investigation? People would have more sympathy for a missing soon to be mom vs a middle age mom. Any chance someone else is the baby daddy other than husband? Not accusing her of anything but I think this needs to be discussed & think its possible why her pregnancy hasnt been a focus of the attention via family.

....I've seen some posts about searches going on. Is all of her family/extended family showing up and helping? I have researched and found that a family member worked .10 of a mile from where she went missing. Is it possible she was meeting *advertiser censored* family member and things went south?

Sorry for the long post but I needed a brain dump on this case. This should not be as hard to solve as it is becoming.

.....how far along was Holly? We know far enough along to be confirmed by a doctor, but how far along? And why wasn't this 'little fact' announced earlier in the investigation? People would have more sympathy for a missing soon to be mom vs a middle age mom. Any chance someone else is the baby daddy other than husband? Not accusing her of anything but I think this needs to be discussed & think its possible why her pregnancy hasnt been a focus of the attention via family.

SBM

This is my thought too. If it's someone other than her husband, I think it opens many possible avenues.

And if not husbands, could she have left willingly to start a new life??? I know family doesn't believe that but it's not out of the realm. Again, who the father is I think would answer whether this is a viable scenario.

Many questions that should be easy to answer, at least some. Why the ride to lunch. How did someone "forget" her. Who did she call for a ride back to work? Didn't cameras catch her leaving Braums? Why are the families at such odds? Especially after they had been married for quite a long time.

I would have to think phone/text messages could lead you to some sort of trail. It sounds like people/someone knew about her pregnancy, it wasn't a secret and no one knew anything but her and the dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed wholeheartedly. This is a rural area so I'm not 100% suprised, but would think that the news of a white, married, pregnant woman going missing on her lunch break would attract bigger attention usually..... Reminds me a little bit about the Loy Evitts case in Kansas City, still unsolved today, or of course Laci Peterson - both media circuses.

Perhaps it's just my personal stake in the Toni Anderson case up here, but it makes me sad to see how persistently and readily people are to assume that women just "decide" to go missing on a lark. (In fact, there was a FB group called "Toni Anderson Missing Scam" with 600+ members until it was deleted following the discovery of her car in the bottom of the MO river!)

At this point, given that it's been over a month, she has a job and children, etc, I have no reason to believe that she "decided" to go missing on her own. I think we as a culture love that plot line, a la "Gone Girl," but sadly it is not representative of reality.

That being said, I still hold out hope for Holly's safe recovery. Praying for her and her family.

Does this sound a little like the Peggy McGuire case? Peggy is a nurse. Holly was a hospital employee, although I don't know exactly what her job was. They were both mothers. Both disappearance seem to be in the middle of the day in town. McAllister is not that far from the town of Eufaula.

its only a misdemeanor.

Thank it what I was thinking. Basically she owes a fine, which most courts allow payments for. She may have simply had plans with the person driving the truck for lunch- and saw no need to take 2 cars.

Not feeling she left to start a new life - at all :(

The Hope For Holly page posted this:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know the PI team is working on everything they can to find Holly! They are confirming some things, disproving rumors, double checking things and working a new lead in the case!

Have there been any updates to this case?

Nope. Nothing from police. Family not releasing anything, per the Find Holly site, as instructed by their PI. Still appears to be fractures in the family.

Husband revealed he is undergoing treatment for colon cancer, chemo has just finished and having surgery.

Nope. Nothing from police. Family not releasing anything, per the Find Holly site, as instructed by their PI. Still appears to be fractures in the family.

Husband revealed he is undergoing treatment for colon cancer, chemo has just finished and having surgery.
Oh my gosh how awful!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

If she was pregnant and still alive, she's had the baby by now. Ignore me, I'm just being Captain Obvious here.

Hopefully with the one year anniversary of her disappearance coming up some sort of new information will come out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph
Back