Found Deceased OK - Jack Grimes, 76, & Dwayne Selby, 59, 22 Oct & Glenda Parton, 80, Turley, 25 Oct 2021 *arrest in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@vls12345 that is my understanding. I’ll have to locate the article about Glenda last seen with that guy (we know was John) in Jack and Dewayne’s home.
Okay, I found the article and the man in the photo with Glenda and the one arrested are the same person.

From the article,

“TCSO released a photo of a man shopping with Cookie the day she came to Tulsa to search for her son and Jack. They questioned and released him, but FOX23 is told he has not been ruled out as a suspect…However, Carol said she knows exactly who the man pictured shopping with her mother-in-law is, she told FOX23 his name is John, and he works as the men's farm hand taking care of horses and other ranch duties…But things would take a turn that night because Carol and Jack's sister Nancy would both report that when they last either saw or spoke with Cookie, she was left alone with John at the men's homes…Nancy said she last saw Cookie's car in the driveway of the men's home the night she disappeared, and Carol said a family member also reported Cookie's car was in the driveway of the Turley ranch before they went to bed.”

It’s also important to note that John Goode has been in jail since May 2022 for murdering a man and he is being investigated for being involved in another man’s death.

From the article,

“… in Sept 2021…James Williams was found stabbed to death outside this home near 56th Street North and Lewis…Regalado said Goode is now a person of interest in the case. An interesting piece of evidence, the home where Williams was killed is just across the street from Grimes and Selby's where Goode was living at the time.”

From the article about the murder he was just sentenced for,

“The Tulsa Police Department (TPD) arrested 39-year-old John B. Goode for the murder of 64-year-old Richard Bonat near Admiral and Sheridan on May, 7.

So if JG is in prison for murdering one person, is a likely suspect in another murder, plus a suspect in the murder of the 3 people in this thread, I guess JG is a mass murderer or serial killer. I hope he remains in prison. He sounds like a very dangerous person if you cross his path. Imo.

From the oscn.net website,

IN THE DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR TULSA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA​

STATE OF OKLAHOMA,
Plaintiff,
v.
JOHN BRYAN GOODE,
Defendant.
No. CF-2023-3229
(Criminal Felony)

Filed: 09/13/2023

Judge: CF Docket E

PARTIES​

GOODE, JOHN BRYAN, Defendant
STATE OF OKLAHOMA, Plaintiff
Tulsa County Sheriff's Department, ARRESTING AGENCY

COUNTS​

Parties appear only under the counts with which they were charged. For complete sentence information, see the court minute on the docket.

Count # 1.Count as Filed: HM11, MURDER - FIRST DEGREE, in violation of 21 O.S. 701.7
Date of Offense: 10/21/2021
GOODE, JOHN BRYAN
Count # 2.Count as Filed: HM11, MURDER - FIRST DEGREE, in violation of 21 O.S. 701.7
GOODE, JOHN BRYAN
Count # 3.Count as Filed: HM11, MURDER - FIRST DEGREE, in violation of 21 O.S. 701.7
GOODE, JOHN BRYAN

I am interested to know where all John has lived and if there are any unsolved murders. I used True People Search to search his addresses and it looks like Oklahoma and Independence, MO

Previous Addresses

3529 E King Pl
Tulsa, OK 74115

Tulsa County
(Jun 2012 - Nov 2020)

5722 E 33rd Ct
Tulsa, OK 74135

Tulsa County
(Feb 2008 - Jun 2012)

3208 S Hudson Ave #12
Tulsa, OK 74135

Tulsa County
(May 2007 - Jan 2009)

3614 N Jackson #1
Independence, MO 64057

Jackson County
(Feb 2001)

3614 Jackson N #1
Independence, MO 64057

Jackson County
(Feb 2001)

I found an interesting letter (oscn.net) written by a local pastor to the Court during his murder trial. The pastor had come across John on the streets…he told him his name was Atlas. The letter mentions what John said about his childhood.

IMG_1265.jpegIMG_1266.jpegIMG_1267.jpeg

John B. Goode looks very much like the guy in the picture shopping with Glenda Parton at her last know location. He's been in jail since May '22 for the killing of another man. He is also a suspect in the murder of a man who happened to live right across the street from where Jack and Dwayne lived. Sorry if someone else already reported this. I haven't read through all of the comments. I've been following this story since it began, and I was so excited to find out that someone has finally been arrested and the bodies found. Condolences to all of the family and friends of these poor people.

It’s also important to note that John Goode has been in jail since May 2022 for murdering a man and he is being investigated for being involved in another man’s death.

From the article,

“… in Sept 2021…James Williams was found stabbed to death outside this home near 56th Street North and Lewis…Regalado said Goode is now a person of interest in the case. An interesting piece of evidence, the home where Williams was killed is just across the street from Grimes and Selby's where Goode was living at the time.”

From the article about the murder he was just sentenced for,

“The Tulsa Police Department (TPD) arrested 39-year-old John B. Goode for the murder of 64-year-old Richard Bonat near Admiral and Sheridan on May, 7.

IMO
If he changed his plea to no contest and the judge sentenced him right away. You would think that a mental health evaluation would have been done.

1694771092791.jpeg
1694771169946.jpeg
During a press conference Wednesday Sheriff Regalado stated they continue to investigate another murder, a stabbing, that occurred in the same general area the bodies were discovered

Last edited:
I could not remember if all 3 bodies had been found, and if they were complete remains, but if not, there's this new story today where bones and a skull were found at Mohawk Park, which is where I believe one of the missing mens vehicle was found abandoned. This may be related.

I could not remember if all 3 bodies had been found, and if they were complete remains, but if not, there's this new story today where bones and a skull were found at Mohawk Park, which is where I believe one of the missing mens vehicle was found abandoned. This may be related.

They did finally find all three bodies. I suspect this is more likely Timothy VanMatre who disappeared nearby a year ago.

It wasn't. I live 2 min from park. A man that went missing a year ago shot himself, and they just found his remains.

It wasn't. I live 2 min from park. A man that went missing a year ago shot himself, and they just found his remains.

Where did you see that he shot himself? I wonder how they could tell that was self-inflicted. A friend had been speculating that perhaps they found a spot where he appeared to have hanged himsef.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA
Back