Found Deceased OK - Jack Grimes, 76, & Dwayne Selby, 59, 22 Oct & Glenda Parton, 80, Turley, 25 Oct 2021 *arrest in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can definitely see why his FB looks bad but I’m thinking this is more related with his alleged TBI (hearsay so IMO) and not something he actually is, if that makes any sense. Working as a mental health screener, I’ve seen many patients with a TBI fixate on something. Hard to explain I guess. I could be totally wrong too.

TBI must be a rumor because I can't find anything about it on mainstream media (or elsewhere). In any case, his Facebook pics contain many swastikas and other related symbols at least as far back as 2010, so it seems to be me this isn't a new thing for him. No matter what the reason for it, the fact of the matter is that he is an out & proud white supremacist, and his association with/participation in a white supremacist gang could've played a tangential or direct role in his disappearance or Jack's murder.

TBI must be a rumor because I can't find anything about it on mainstream media (or elsewhere). In any case, his Facebook pics contain many swastikas and other related symbols at least as far back as 2010, so it seems to be me this isn't a new thing for him. No matter what the reason for it, the fact of the matter is that he is an out & proud white supremacist, and his association with/participation in a white supremacist gang could've played a tangential or direct role in his disappearance or Jack's murder.

I think the whole Aryan name thing kinda... I mean this kinda thing is around in Oklahoma i just rarely run into it first hand or outside of parolees. There a small taco shop that i know of, been around since 1967. Not far from it is a halfway house. When i go to this shop i often see parolees with white nationalist tattoos and what not.

This whole horse community though i know little about.. <modsnip> I did have a great aunt or something like that who was a race horse breeder but i don't know those people well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly vile picture section. I'm from Oklahoma and i often forget how some of these small areas can get
I’m from the Tulsa area… “Turley” is just a mere extension of greater North Tulsa. You really don’t realize when you drive into “Turley.” Of course, it’s a part of North Tulsa, which has always been plagued with violent crime. MOO

BBM
My Personal opinion, I think this is a persona DS was putting forth years ago. I see this as an “attention getter” for DS, playing a role. From what I have found, his personal life didn’t reflect what is shown on a FB profile, of which he has purposely misspelled his first name, I might add. He and JG were “companions” for 18+ years. I’m not sure abt the public perception JG put forth, but DS was openly gay. This is my personal opinion based on
my own information from living in the immediate area.

MOO

I’ll tag @Sillybilly to make sure my post is acceptable & appropriate.

@Error505 I’m also from the Tulsa area and have spoken with several people who know DS and based on that, I agree that his FB is a persona and does not reflect real life. Of course, IMO since I have no “evidence” to support this. You explained what I wanted to explain and you did it well!

@Error505 I’m also from the Tulsa area and have spoken with several people who know DS and based on that, I agree that his FB is a persona and does not reflect real life. Of course, IMO since I have no “evidence” to support this. You explained what I wanted to explain and you did it well!
Thank you, @Sincerely. I’m glad we agree on DS. He was trying to come out of “the closet” before it was “acceptable”, if you know what I mean. Jack Grimes had a major health scare about a year or so ago (cancer). The horse partnership Cookie, Dwayne & Jack had (CDJ Performance Horses) dissolved several years ago. They showed in Quarter Horse, Paint Horse reining, Roping, etc. Today, they really own no high dollar horses. In the AQHA horse industry, you’ll find the most down to earth people. There’s just very little underhanded activity in the industry bc of reputations.
Anyway, I don’t think this has anything to do with the horse business nor DS “fake” persona. I feel this was a crime of anger/or opportunity for someone.

Edited to add JMO.

I haven’t seen this posted but may have missed it. The article gives a lot of information about JG. It’s from Quarter Horse News

Oklahoma Cow Horse Owner Found Dead, 2 Remain Missing - Quarter Horse News
Great article regarding the horse business the 3 were involved in together. This article was also shared by Oklahoma Quarter Horse Assn. So, Nationally & statewide, I promise the news of their disappearances & death of Mr Grimes, will be well circulated through the horse community they were active in. MOO

RSBM
], his personal life didn’t reflect what is shown on a FB profile, of which he has purposely misspelled his first name, I might add.
I was wondering about the different spellings. Some people also do this on FB for privacy concerns although, if that was the purpose here, it didn't seem very effective. Maybe that's the way he wanted it pronounced.
ETA Dwayne vs Dewayne

Whether it was due to TBI, lifestyle changes, or something else, DS changed his FB usage some time ago. The Aryan photo stuff was all posted over ten years ago. Nearly all the more recent posts were not personal ones, but just links to stories from right leaning news sites with very few, if any, likes, shares, or comments. Is FB indicative of what is happening in real life? Was this a pattern of isolation? For many people it's hard to say. MOO

Last edited:
I struggled to mark the maps here but the one with “found” and “home” show approximately where JG was found and where he lived. The other one was even more challenging but shows where he was found (furthest left mark), then his home (red), followed by where GP’s car was found and then where JG’s car was found. This may already be posted ( but much better). It makes me wonder why the car was left at the zoo. If the murderer intended to go back to JG’s house (where GP would later encounter him) why not park it closer? Maybe the person is familiar with the area and knows there is a bus stop there? Maybe a former employee there? Just some thoughts?

Jack's car was about a mile from the zoo, near the entrance to Oxley Nature Center. No buses go through the area. It's not really a convenient location to walk anywhere either. It would seem someone must have picked up whoever left the car there.

Agree with @doublestop . Before my mom passed away, she lived over by where the car was found. I'm extremely familiar with the area, used to ride our bikes through the park nightly. It's very secluded and heavily wooded. Even though the Zoo is there, the park is big and in my opinion, does not get heavy traffic during the week. If someone wanted to ditch the car during the week without notice, easy to do so. And I do not see someone ditching the car and walking away, much too "rural" for that and the entrances are spaced far apart. I personally think someone followed the car then gave them a ride out. Let's just say when we used to ride our bikes, we also conceal carried.....IMO only, it isn't the safest of areas although we never had an issue. It was more that it was secluded in a lot of the park and if someone wanted to do something illegal, it wouldn't be hard.

RSBM

I was wondering about the different spellings. Some people also do this on FB for privacy concerns although, if that was the purpose here, it didn't seem very effective. Maybe that's the way he wanted it pronounced.
ETA Dwayne vs Dewayne

Whether it was due to TBI, lifestyle changes, or something else, DS changed his FB usage some time ago. The Aryan photo stuff was all posted over ten years ago. Nearly all the more recent posts were not personal ones, but just links to stories from right leaning news sites with very few, if any, likes, shares, or comments. Is FB indicative of what is happening in real life? Was this a pattern of isolation? For many people it's hard to say. MOO
BBM
We need to not look much further than Suzanne Morphew case out of CO and the recent Gabby Petito case to realize social media posts many times don’t tell the full story, sadly. Excellent point!

BBM
We need to not look much further than Suzanne Morphew case out of CO and the recent Gabby Petito case to realize social media posts many times don’t tell the full story, sadly. Excellent point!
Yes but those cases were people trying to pretend that things were great which is understandable.But faking being a racist?What possible motive would someone have to do that?Sadly the mostly likely truth is he did have some racist beliefs.Doesn't mean it had anything to do with his death but those where horrible things to post no matter what years they happened.

When someone gets an injury to their frontal lobe, that will likely affect emotion control (i.e. increased impulsivity, poor anger management) and behavior (on average, more prone to violence or even homicide/suicide). If someone had a TBI, exhibited behavioral changes including a sudden obsession with swastikas & white supremacy, their friend ended up murdered, and they disappeared, I would definitely be looking further into that person. But MSM hasn't released any info about a TBI or strange behavior. It's been so silent. Very weird. What is going on with that POI??

BBM - Emphasis
Can you site or quote a reference for your assertion — **the “horse community” has “political leanings” inline with white nationalist groups** ?? WTH?
IMO - that is one of the most derogatory/divisive comments I have ever read on WS. I’m glad all Oklahomans don’t have opinions as yours. MCO

that depends on if you want honest debate in relation to the case or some political rhetoric. I'm more than willing to elaborate for the case but i stayed vague in an attempt to avoid rhetoric for a reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CMW0203
Back