OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also according to FTJ website, the 2 adult skulls only had a few teeth, and the young skull (they didn't refer to it as the child's skull) had no teeth-Something I would think you could expect to find if the remains belonged to meth addicts or homeless.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDTHEJAMISONS

I have been saying all along this was an easy explanation... ie lost in the woods... but in light of this recent data... :-(

Discounting the critters foraging for calcium...etc... it seems we have foul play.

We all have heard the term " id thru dental records " am I now the only one thinking the teeth were removed so that could not be done?

I have been saying all along this was an easy explanation... ie lost in the woods... but in light of this recent data... :-(

Discounting the critters foraging for calcium...etc... it seems we have foul play.

We all have heard the term " id thru dental records " am I now the only one thinking the teeth were removed so that could not be done?

It makes one wonder. However, this isn't like finding a single body hundreds of miles from the scene of a murder where it is difficult to find a link between the body and the crime. This is the remains of two adults and a child within three miles of where two adults and a child disappeared - the connection kind of speaks for itself. I have found animal bones that I know were less than four years old that were missing many teeth and the remaining ones were very loose. Maybe teeth detach from the skull more quickly than one would think when exposed to the elements. Maybe Google has the answer.

Oh, wow. I'm at a loss for words at the moment. I'd better go do some reading.

Not a "macho thing", 4x4 are almost a necessity in rural Oklahoma and 1 could argue they are in town as well. When the snow hits it usually take 3 to 4 days for a city crew to drop sand/salt on residential areas. (Depending on size of town) I agree they are very, very common in OK. I have 2 and live on dirt roads. You actually see many women driving them too!

Smooth,
I think I would much rather take a month of living with the Mountain Folks than a day on Crump Blvd! Memphis can get rough!
Above BBM.. Me, too honey!.. Me, too!

You are so very correct..Memphis is a very dangerous place and has the crime stats to prove it..and you bet I would take living within most rural mountain communities any day over having to live in the heart of Memphis(and progressively that crime, most importantly the violent crime, continues to ripple out, further and further into the surrounding areas of the city of Memphis)..

The vast majority of rural communities are tight knit, very good people.. And in fact some of those that are surrounding the community my FIL used to live in, are extremely rural areas with tight knit communities of VERY GOOD PEOPLE..many who would give you the shirts from their backs.. It by far is not ALL, or even MOST rural tight knit communities that are made up of the type of people that I've posted about.. Ones with sick, twisted mindsets, ruthless/lawless mentality AND behavior, combined with their not even batting an eyelash at violence, and even murder when it suits their purpose..

So, I totally agree with you that the vast majority of very rural communities would be my choice as well over the city of Memphis..

No, you are NOT a lone! And welcome to WS!! :seeya:

SmoothOperator, your interpretations of backwoods folk was spot on! Thank you for that. I live in the head of a hollow, four miles up to the top of my mountain. Our closest city is, get this.....drum roll........under 1200. We are lucky here though, and have very very few transients in the area, due to it's remoteness! I love it, because, I am a huge animal lover, and I have the entire Appalachian mountain chain as an observatory. There was a body found about three years ago a few minutes drive from my home. It was a guy out of Tennessee, and drug related. They caught the guy.(the deceased was in the elements 3 years and still had all his teeth intact). Meth is not a big problem ...YET. But prescription pain meds are. I don't know what these people will do when they get older, and HAVE to have these meds to control real pain. I do a lot of ATVing, and never leave without my 38, or my huge German Shepherd by my side.

DUH! They won't need them six foot under!

The teeth missing is a huge development. Yes, a few fall out but the child skull had no teeth at all? And the adults had only a few. That's not normal, even after 4 years. I think i'm gonna be sick..:sick:

Since DNA has become the "mainstream" way of identifying individuals involved in a crime (victim and criminal), I wouldn't think a murderer would even bother with ripping out someones teeth to keep them from being identified

Since DNA has become the "mainstream" way of identifying individuals involved in a crime (victim and criminal), I wouldn't think a murderer would even bother with ripping out someones teeth to keep them from being identified
That's a very good point, although the event did take place in a place that's not too "mainstream" - in terms of knowing about that perhaps.

That's a very good point, although the event did take place in a place that's not too "mainstream" - in terms of knowing about that perhaps.

Won't argue that, but wow, you would have to live, eat and breathe "under a rock" not to catch that little bit of info

Thanks for sharing this 'Smooth'! I lived in a 'bubble' as well. I really don't get this type of thinking. I truly hope that there are simple. basic people who care! I have to think this is the case for humanity.

(I grew up in large cities and suburbia. I now live in a relatively small city of just under half a million. The rest of my family thinks I live in the boonies. But 'super small remote town', well that is something that I just don't understand. I thought that small communities were supposed to care!?)

Snoopster, I would say that by far and wide, the vast majority of very rural, small, tight knit communities are people like you and I, that care about their fellow mankind, and are willing to help those in need.. So, my explaining about the situation that my family endured in living in a very, very rural mountain community..it is not at all meant to say, imply, or even allude to this being the case in all, or even many, remote, rural, tight knit communities.. IMO it is not the "norm", but rather is abnormal in comparison to the way of life for most good hearted, country folk that happen to live in remote, rural areas of the country..

Just the same is it for urban and suburban areas where there very much are sick, twisted, ruthless people who live in all of our towns and cities across the nation.. The fact that these type people exist is not at all indicative of all of the people living in urban/suburban areas of the country being sick, twisted, ruthless people..

As I've said before loon-toon people with twisted mindsets are not just in rural America, but rather live in all areas of the country/world..rural, urban, suburbia and everywhere in between.. Imo good people by far outweigh those who are not-so-good, and its this fact that keeps my faith in the vast majority of my fellow mankind..because most are good hearted people..

The evil people capable of killing a family, most importantly a tiny, innocent six year old little girl.. well, unfortunately that type of evil does walk amongst us whether we live in rural, urban, or suburban areas..in the case of my family's nightmare that they fortunately lived to tell, it just happened to be a rural community that these evil people lived..

Again, I never meant to imply that this was a typical way of life for very rural communities, as, IMO, IT IS NOT..IT IS JUST THE OPPOSITE IN BEING ATYPICAL.. but my point is that they very much absolutely do exist..

" One man was arrested Tuesday night after the Jackson County Narcotics Task Force found a meth lab in Latimer....If convicted, Wilson faces a fine of up to $1 million and up to 30 years in prison on each charge."
http://www.wlox.com/story/13785034/meth-lab-bust-in-latimer

Interesting,

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -
JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - One man was arrested Tuesday night after the Jackson County Narcotics Task Force found a meth lab in Latimer.

Michael Anthony Wilson is charged with Manufacturing Meth and Generating Hazardous Waste. Officials say he was out on bond from a previous drug arrest.

Task Force Commander Curtis Spiers said pieces of a possible meth lab were first found in a ditch at the corner of Glendale and Seaman Road in Latimer. Along with the contaminated trash were a few pieces of discarded mail, which led agents to the Oak Street home. That's where they found Wilson hiding inside a bathroom

A morbid but informative link. Check out the 2-week stage and later.

http://listverse.com/2012/10/26/10-fascinating-stages-of-death/

So now we wonder if teeth were stolen or if LE really did try and collect all evidence ... the three of them being found together makes you think Madysons teeth would be there. Some of them at least.

Wonder if she was a bitter. Not to mention she should have had unerupted teeth that would still be there.. Right?

This, the post you quoted, is a given SET of circumstances, and a search team not finding them is only a small piece of that.
If I were trying to draw parallels between the Jamisons and another case, my example certainly wouldn't be Chandra Levy. I mentioned her because I was only addressing the search team aspect of your post. Hope that's clear now.

I've read many things, from new murder, to ancient bodies. Never before have I read they were missing their teeth. Granted, I haven't read everything, but this seems really strange.

I looked up rituals using human teeth, and only came upon a necklace and designer shoes. I believe this may be a very strange case, IF it is pursued properly, or at all.

My opinion, of course.

I don't recall LE ever indicating that they found human remains so I believe that the clues were probably never verified as human remains. If human remains had been confirmed and located, LE would have done DNA testing.
It's my understanding that HRD dogs can detect residual scent of human decomposition from a place where a dead body has rested. The actual remains do not have to be present. I can think of several cases where this clue was a factor.

As far as I can tell, the HRD hits are all in one area, but it is not near the area where they were found. Could this indicate the Jamisons were murdered in that spot, then disposed of elsewhere?

This is why I asked whether that single dashed line could indicate a dirt road on the topo map... That would make it easier for someone with the proper rugged-type vehicle to get them to the HRD spot, kill them, then drive off to dispose of them in Smokestack Hollow.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to bury them as pull their teeth? It is highly unlikely they would have been found if buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time