OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help again, Sleuthers! I believe this is a page from the statement given to LE by DC, the neighbor on Panola Mountain who said he saw and spoke with the Jamisons both days they were up there. Grabbed the clearest screen shot I could off the OETA video and was able to transcribe some but not all of it, and now my eyeballs are spinning in my head. Can anyone please help fill in the blanks?

Screenshot2013-12-06at51745PM_zpsabc4f818.png

http://youtu.be/p5v52oKZSMw?t=5m48s

Did I miss something such as the time DC saw the Jamison's go up the mountain?

Was there any indication what time and date the cell phone was plugged back in to be charged? The absence of Bobby not using his phone after the picture of Madyson is a red flag for me.

All the maps and info are amazing - I'm in "AWE" - so, thank you!

Is there a question as to what route they took? LE should have all that info.

Did I miss something such as the time DC saw the Jamison's go up the mountain?

Was there any indication what time and date the cell phone was plugged back in to be charged? The absence of Bobby not using his phone after the picture of Madyson is a red flag for me.

All the maps and info are amazing - I'm in "AWE" - so, thank you!

I hope there are things LE knows that we don't know, such as what route the Jamisons drove and what time various things happened.

This page is the only part of DC's statement that I've seen; exactly when he saw the Jamisons may be written on a different page. He apparently did speak with them both days, but I don't know what time he saw them on October 8 or what time the Blackberry was plugged in to the charger in the truck.

I've been looking at Latimer County tax records this morning, and found only one property with PC's (the lady on the mountain) name on it, and nothing with DC's. I wonder if DC even still lives on the mountain, because his shipping container is visible on his property in historical imagery on Google Earth, but there's nothing there on the current satellite image. So where is he now?

So the last person to see them alive has left the area?? Makes me wonder. I have never looked into DC but does he have priors?

I am assuming that since they accessed the blackberry gps for the hike up the mountain that they knew exactly where they went prior to and how long they stayed. As long as Bobby had the phone on they should know all this info from several days prior.

So the last person to see them alive has left the area?? Makes me wonder. I have never looked into DC but does he have priors?

I am assuming that since they accessed the blackberry gps for the hike up the mountain that they knew exactly where they went prior to and how long they stayed. As long as Bobby had the phone on they should know all this info from several days prior.

Here's the photos of the two signs:

9629418_zps178c9359.jpg

321509_zps82b73aad.jpg

I'm not finding anything. From my experience these signs are usually placed at gates or decision points such as a Y in the road. I would have guessed signs for both wells could have been posted at each of the places on your map at the property line entering section 9 from the west or the property line entering section 16 from the west. Also I believe the property line entering section 16 from the east would be possible. I zoomed in on these spots and couldn't find gates at any of these points. I also zoomed in on some of the nearby intersections but didn't see any gates. The signs themselves, of course, would be too small to see. It doesn't mean that the signs or gates aren't there, it just means that I couldn't see them, and it is possible that they are farther from the wells than expected.

I'm not sure about priors. There's more than one person with the same first and last names in that part of the state and I think I know which one is him, just not 100% certain. There's no one by that name on land records or tax rolls in Latimer County.

So, what's the deal with this container? Is it gone, or is it buried underground? Hard to tell, really. Underground homes are not unheard of in Oklahoma, kind of a trend back in the '70s and '80s.

May 18, 2008:

bd35478e-314a-4a6c-861d-789fc49cab18_zps32179076.png

September 17, 2010:

34d872b1-e402-4e0d-97c3-7983887663d9_zps12795e3a.png

March 11, 2012:

8436de01-85ec-4c0e-aa5f-b0e474105c0a_zps37b6ee97.png

Need some help again, Sleuthers! I believe this is a page from the statement given to LE by DC, the neighbor on Panola Mountain who said he saw and spoke with the Jamisons both days they were up there. Grabbed the clearest screen shot I could off the OETA video and was able to transcribe some but not all of it, and now my eyeballs are spinning in my head. Can anyone please help fill in the blanks?

Screenshot2013-12-06at51745PM_zpsabc4f818.png

http://youtu.be/p5v52oKZSMw?t=5m48s

Hello OkieGranny,

Is the image of this handwritten page needing to be transcribed in its entirety? Or have parts of this page been done. Please let me know, if you don't mind....

I'm going to try to work on it, as I should have access to widescreen, HD monitors in the next few days.

If other WSers end up getting the job done beforehand, no worries. Just update the thread.

I just want to make sure I'm not repeating your incredible efforts. Looking at this image on an iPhone screen is definitely enough to make your head spin!

:)

Using Tapatalk - now Free

I hope there are things LE knows that we don't know, such as what route the Jamisons drove and what time various things happened.

OkieGranny – I've got an honest question that I hope you or some of the other posters can answer. I don't know the answer, and I wish that I did.

I've noticed that there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that the Jamison's Blackberry was continuously tracking the Jamison's location up to the point where they left it in their truck and that LE probably has all of this detailed information for days of travel. Maybe I'm over-thinking this, and after we have seen what the NSA can do I shouldn't be surprised, but it doesn't make complete sense to me. I don't even own a Blackberry or smartphone so any of you with a Blackberry please set me straight.

There is no doubt in my mind that almost any cell phone has a gps chip that can obtain the instantaneous lat/long upon request at any time. I understand that certain applications can request a reading such as a call to 911, or the taking of a picture where the lat/long can be included in the meta data of the picture, or “Big Brother” might even hack into your phone to get lat/long readings. There are also special software applications for the phones that make nearly continuous requests for lat/long readings and record them in a track log and subsequently share that log with others. I'm just having trouble with the notion that by default a Blackberry is continuously recording lat/long data and writing it to a file. I have more than one hand held gps designed for hiking and outdoor navigation. It is capable of creating a tracklog of the entire trail, but it is limited to 10,000 trackpoints and it consumes the batteries faster when maintaining a log. Why would a cell phone do this all the time at the expense of battery life? Does a Blackberry have a command or menu selection to dump this log to a printer or email? Does anyone have actual knowledge of a tracklog being extracted from a plain jane Blackberry without special track logging software?

If Blackberrys and Smartphones are creating continuous track logs by default, I'll never be buying one.

Hello OkieGranny,

Is the image of this handwritten page needing to be transcribed in its entirety? Or have parts of this page been done. Please let me know, if you don't mind....

I'm going to try to work on it, as I should have access to widescreen, HD monitors in the next few days.

If other WSers end up getting the job done beforehand, no worries. Just update the thread.

I just want to make sure I'm not repeating your incredible efforts. Looking at this image on an iPhone screen is definitely enough to make your head spin!

Oh, yes, definitely made my head spin. I did my best to transcribe it, then enlisted the help of our fellow sleuthers, and this is what we came up with:

… by, I saw the truck as I was pulling out of my yard on my 4-wheeler. I didn't see... many was in the truck as I was … to my neighbor, AD (phone number). … on her as her husband T was in the Latimer County Hospital. Directly behind the white truck with... friend BD (phone number). The white truck was traveling very slow, the reason I noticed it, as the oilfield people drive excessive speeds. Most of our houses are close to the road. All the property facing (east/south?) has a bluff on it overlooking the valley. He said he also saw the red car behind him and me on the 4-wheeler.

Bob mentioned that he got a monthly disability check, had a bad back, and had received a large settlement (sum?). They had a (nice?) home on the lake. He told me his parents were divorced. He and his dad had property dealings to which his dad had sold and cheated him out of his money. His dad had tried to run him over, even believed his dad would like to kill him. He said his little girl was in school and had been diagnosed with ...

You're welcome to try to fill in any blanks or verify any of the questionable interpretations.

OkieGranny – I've got an honest question that I hope you or some of the other posters can answer. I don't know the answer, and I wish that I did.

I've noticed that there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that the Jamison's Blackberry was continuously tracking the Jamison's location up to the point where they left it in their truck and that LE probably has all of this detailed information for days of travel. Maybe I'm over-thinking this, and after we have seen what the NSA can do I shouldn't be surprised, but it doesn't make complete sense to me. I don't even own a Blackberry or smartphone so any of you with a Blackberry please set me straight.

There is no doubt in my mind that almost any cell phone has a gps chip that can obtain the instantaneous lat/long upon request at any time. I understand that certain applications can request a reading such as a call to 911, or the taking of a picture where the lat/long can be included in the meta data of the picture, or “Big Brother” might even hack into your phone to get lat/long readings. There are also special software applications for the phones that make nearly continuous requests for lat/long readings and record them in a track log and subsequently share that log with others. I'm just having trouble with the notion that by default a Blackberry is continuously recording lat/long data and writing it to a file. I have more than one hand held gps designed for hiking and outdoor navigation. It is capable of creating a tracklog of the entire trail, but it is limited to 10,000 trackpoints and it consumes the batteries faster when maintaining a log. Why would a cell phone do this all the time at the expense of battery life? Does a Blackberry have a command or menu selection to dump this log to a printer or email? Does anyone have actual knowledge of a tracklog being extracted from a plain jane Blackberry without special track logging software?

If Blackberrys and Smartphones are creating continuous track logs by default, I'll never be buying one.

The GPS was apparently preserved in the metadata of the pics taken on the Blackberry, but I have no idea if it recorded continuous readings of the Jamisons' travels. I'm not much of a tech whiz and can't say what the Blackberry's capabilities would be in that regard.

I will never understand why the cell phones were ever released from LE custody. I hope (but have no faith) that every bit of data on them was preserved somehow before they were released. We have zero information on any texting the Jamisons may have done. LE might, but we don't. Bobby's Blackberry eventually wound up in Sherilyn's son's hand when he was pushed into a swimming pool, as the story goes, so whatever info was still on there is probably gone for good.

Too curious, theres a dura last battery sitting on the other abandoned truck, it appears the truck arrived b/w 7-6-05 and 2-11-05. I dont think that battery sat there for 3 plus years I wonder if anyone else is missing from that time period. do you think its curious that bobby may have visited a web site that removes tanks, I have found a D.C. in Mannford OK it would help if I knew his age, thanks

Let me say that again. The gps tracked where they went back to the truck. Beauchamp never indicated the gps showed them moving after they got there. Bobby parked where the truck was found when he got to the mountain. Unless the phone was off as soon as they got back to the truck.

I might be confused on the gps situation. It seems like I heard that Bobby had a gps receiver that he was using to find the land parcel. I previously assumed, possibly incorrectly, that he was carrying a dedicated handheld gps device. And of course he had his Blackberry. Is it possible that a dedicated gps device was doing the tracking of the Jamisons as they were walking around the location, and then it was turned off when they returned to the truck? If the tracklogs came from a gps device other than the Blackberry, it might explain the absence of knowledge of the movement of the Jamisons if the gps was turned off most of the time. If the tracklogs were coming from the Blackberry which would probably always be turned on, it does seem like movement around the location would be evident. I'm now wondering whether there was or wasn't a dedicated gps device.

I might be confused on the gps situation. It seems like I heard that Bobby had a gps receiver that he was using to find the land parcel. I previously assumed, possibly incorrectly, that he was carrying a dedicated handheld gps device. And of course he had his Blackberry. Is it possible that a dedicated gps device was doing the tracking of the Jamisons as they were walking around the location, and then it was turned off when they returned to the truck? If the tracklogs came from a gps device other than the Blackberry, it might explain the absence of knowledge of the movement of the Jamisons if the gps was turned off most of the time. If the tracklogs were coming from the Blackberry which would probably always be turned on, it does seem like movement around the location would be evident. I'm now wondering whether there was or wasn't a dedicated gps device.

In the video the way he talked and how he knew about how long they were at the rocks I took as he knew from the gps. Maybe not the blackberry though. In the truck pics, the one that shows the passenger side dash. The is a compartment there that has a red device. Some suggested it was her phone but the shape of it reminded me of a gps unit. It seems a bit bulky for a phone.
Maybe the phone was not the source of the gps afterall. Take a look at the pic and see what u think.

I was hoping they would have id'd them by Christmas. Hopefully this is the last Christmas they will be missing/unidentified.

In the video the way he talked and how he knew about how long they were at the rocks I took as he knew from the gps. Maybe not the blackberry though. In the truck pics, the one that shows the passenger side dash. The is a compartment there that has a red device. Some suggested it was her phone but the shape of it reminded me of a gps unit. It seems a bit bulky for a phone.

Maybe the phone was not the source of the gps afterall. Take a look at the pic and see what u think.

I did an image search for red cell phones and then just any cell phones that looked similar, but few of the pictures show a view of either end; most pics are from straight on, which is not helpful. Then I did an image search of hand-held GPS units and most of them look very much like cell phones, but there are still very few end views. To answer this question, it would be helpful to know what make/model of cell phone Sherilyn had, or what make/model of hand-held GPS unit Bobby had.

I was hoping they would have id'd them by Christmas. Hopefully this is the last Christmas they will be missing/unidentified.

Amen.

I have found a D.C. in Mannford OK. It would help if I knew his age, thanks.

I wish I knew. There was quite a bit of discussion on Topix about him, trying to pin down any identifying info. In Post #2197, our own mtrooper said that he was not born in 1973:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p108?redirid=1343031676

In Post 2420, a poster who was in contact with NS reported that she thought DC looked to be about 35 years old.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p119?redirid=1343885269

And in Post #2385, the same poster "will swear on a stack of Bibles" that mtrooper told him DC was in his thirties, with blonde hair.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p117?redirid=1342692633

Thought I'd read somewhere about DC being in California but didn't have it in my notes. Finally found it in Post $2891 here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p142

NS says DC had bought two containers and PC coordinated the delivery because DC was still in California.

And a post from the older threads by little726 also mentions California:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10011407&postcount=834.

Way back in the threads, mtrooper stated the guy on the mountain made "bath salts." But they were the kind you use when taking a bath! Supposedly, he ships it back to his mom in California.

OkieGranny - I was still trying to figure out where those two gas well signs were located with the idea that it might give us a better feel for the Jamison's familiarity with the area as well as who might have last seen them by knowing where they had been.

I experimented with the pictures of the two well signs that are believed to have been taken by Bobby with his Blackberry at an unknown location. I found the most original images that I could and then attempted to extract lat/long information from them with three different utilities but could find no lat/long information. The pictures appear to have been taken with a Blackberry 9000 on 10/8/09 at 12:53:04 and 12:53:39.

This apparent lack of lat/long information suggests that either Bobby didn't have geo-taging enabled on his Blackberry at the time he took the pictures, or that sometime after the images left his Blackberry something selectively stripped the lat/long information but left the other meta-data intact, or that the utilities that I used did not work as expected. It would be interesting if we could find an original picture of Madyson on those rocks to see if it contains lat/long information. The version of Madyson's photo that I found had been cleaned and had no meta-data. If geo-tagging was not enabled on the Blackberry when Madyson's picture was taken, it seems that LE must have obtained the lat/long from somewhere other than the meta-data of the picture.

I have run out of ideas on the signs so for now I'm giving up. The information that I was able to extract from the Parsons well sign is contained in the attached file – everything under the sun except lat/long.

Attachments

I did an image search for red cell phones and then just any cell phones that looked similar, but few of the pictures show a view of either end; most pics are from straight on, which is not helpful. Then I did an image search of hand-held GPS units and most of them look very much like cell phones, but there are still very few end views. To answer this question, it would be helpful to know what make/model of cell phone Sherilyn had, or what make/model of hand-held GPS unit Bobby had.

I couldn't find a red gps receiver either and I have not been able to locate the truck picture with the picture of it. If it looks somewhat large to be a cell phone as TooCurious mentioned, I'm kind of leaning toward it being a gps. But it seems like we should have been able to find the model on ebay or somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi