OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the well site again on google. I blew up kinda close to it. There is a road directly north of the well site. If they walked north for any distance at all they would have hit this road. There is about 1500 feet of wood to the northwest of the well site that maybe they wouldn't have seen the road but that is away from where they were found. Anyway, do you know where that road/4 wheeler trail leads? I have not read on here anything about the house that sits just northeast of the well. Guessing 1/2 mile to mile from well site. The road/4 wheeler trail north and east of the well site lead to this house. Has anyone seen this house?

Or the other that just a little northeast of the first one. They crossed over used roads and trails a relatively short distance away from the well site. Too soon for hypothermia to have affected their thinking. Too soon to get hypothermia actually.

OkieGranny,
I have been trying to find a post from you a little while back. Now my eyes hurt. Could you repost that search map with the odd star shape on it that related to the search Please.

I was looking at the well site again on google. I blew up kinda close to it. There is a road directly north of the well site. If they walked north for any distance at all they would have hit this road. There is about 1500 feet of wood to the northwest of the well site that maybe they wouldn't have seen the road but that is away from where they were found. Anyway, do you know where that road/4 wheeler trail leads? I have not read on here anything about the house that sits just northeast of the well. Guessing 1/2 mile to mile from well site. The road/4 wheeler trail north and east of the well site lead to this house. Has anyone seen this house?

Are you seeing some buildings other than the ones marked here?

Screenshot2013-12-22at63556PM_zps3dcdae07.png

I've been tracing the network of roads this afternoon and, honestly, some of them may just be 4-wheeler tracks. Some definitely get more use than others. There's a cluster of roads going nowhere right in the middle of the image; it looks like it's on a plateau, maybe only occasionally used by hunters or something. Others just kind of peter out, off into nothing.

OkieGranny,
I have been trying to find a post from you a little while back. Now my eyes hurt. Could you repost that search map with the odd star shape on it that related to the search Please.

This one?

7d89ba33-fc80-4362-8224-466909fc7db3_zps11030419.jpg

Are you seeing some buildings other than the ones marked here?

Screenshot2013-12-22at63556PM_zps3dcdae07.png

I've been tracing the network of roads this afternoon and, honestly, some of them may just be 4-wheeler tracks. Some definitely get more use than others. There's a cluster of roads going nowhere right in the middle of the image; it looks like it's on a plateau, maybe only occasionally used by hunters or something. Others just kind of peter out, off into nothing.

Yeah, I think I am seeing one or two not on there. Unless I inadvertently bumped my compass. I was surpised at how many houses were that close. On the road to the well I counted three on the east and 1 on the west. (Road going directly to well) I have looked several times at the map but never that close up. They are well hidden.

If they got lost and took the first road they came to, went left, stayed with it until they hit the red road and took a right then ducked into the woods when the rain came in.

This one?

7d89ba33-fc80-4362-8224-466909fc7db3_zps11030419.jpg

Yes this one. I think this is the dark spot of woods north west of truck site. I am just assuming the star points are directions the dogs traveled to try and get their scent.
My compass was off, the road outline is awesome.

I will say the possibility of getting lost on all those trails and wondering for hours is extremely high. Walking the road make traveling that distance a lot easier.
So if we give Beauchamp a little credit and say maybe Bobby was scamming just a ittle on his back injury. Not hurt as bad as he said but still hurt. It would be possible for him to travel that far (with breaks) on the road. So hours and hours of walking, getting to dead ends and turning around, maybe they could have traveled that far by the time the rain hit. Went into deeper woods to have a wind break and shelter, died from exposure. Hot from walking so far, up and down, up and down, sweating, cold front comes in with rain, not knowing the danger they huddle and stop moving. Death occurs.

Still got to go with murder. It sounds plausible until you add in the truck location and the cell phone. (which he took on their first excursion, so why not the second one?) Dead battery??!! Oh no, did that map with all the roads make it more possible for them to get lost and travel further while getting lost.
Truck location.... Haven't we all experienced the idiot that stops or parks in the dumbest places? The people at the drive through that have to wait and are told to pull up. Yet, they don't pull up enough for you to get to the window! Man I hate that. Ok so Bobby pulls up to the well site and turns around facing down hill and parks where they want to get out. He has the owners permission to be there, no one else is supposed to be there....why not? Or maybe he just had one of those drive through moments. Another thing, on the video Beauchamp said they tracked the gps back down to the truck. Then what? The truck didn't move or gps would have caught it unless phone went dead exactly when they started to pull off. Otherwise, Bobby never pulled off. Did they go back down to the truck just so he could charge his phone and then they went back out without phone?
The dog. It was a puppy wasn't it? Imagine how uncooperative that puppy might be climbing a hill. Stopping and sniffing or whatever. Maybe the puppy got tired out and Bobby recommended he stay and rest for the next trip.
The briefcase/satchel....who knows. Maybe they dropped it off with someone before the trip. Maybe it was not a briefcase or satchel at all, who has seen the picture of it? Maybe it had a 100k in it and LE officer just decided to upgrade his way of life. Who knows?
Phone calls on the 12th, could have been the dog.
Sorry to ramble....thinking out loud. What else did I miss that points to murder that needs to be explained away?
Real quick, people on the mountain. Let's not forget this truck stayed up there 8 to 9 days with no one breaking into it or vandalizing it. Does not sound like the behavior of meth heads and outlaws does it? Sherilyne was up there a few hours and was suspected of spray painting graffiti!

Let me say that again. The gps tracked where they went back to the truck. Beauchamp never indicated the gps showed them moving after they got there. Bobby parked where the truck was found when he got to the mountain. Unless the phone was off as soon as they got back to the truck.

Mapman, did you ever check the historical views on Google Earth to see if you can find the water tank? I did, but had no luck. It must have been big enough to hold bodies, or they wouldn't have drained it, but not big enough to be obvious among the trees. I wish we knew exactly where it was.

I did look at the older google images but the resolution is so low that I couldn't see much. I was thinking about looking for some other images. In the past some were available on Terraserver and a couple of other places. You had mentioned that someone said that the tank could be seen in one of the well location pictures which makes me think that it must be on or near the well location.

If the picture of the sign with the well name and s-t-r location corresponds to the location where the truck was abandoned, that would suggest that the well had been a producing well at some time because a dry hole wouldn't usually get a sign. If the well had been a producing well in the past, it is very likely that a tank was used to hold saltwater and/or condensate produced by the well, and this type of tank would usually be close to the well itself. Perhaps that is all the tank was. If it was one of those tanks it would have been fairly large - large enough to hold many bodies. You could probably zoom in with Google Earth on almost any of the producing well locations in the area and see the saltwater or condensate tank or tanks. They are easily large enough to be seen in the satellite images.

I can think of no other reason for a tank at the location. If it was one of these tanks, it was probably enclosed with a hatch and vent. Open tanks containing saltwater or condensate tend to kill birds so they are usually closed.

I have looked at the star search map a number of times also and have not been able to figure out what the star means. The HR dog theory sounds as good as any. I placed the map on Google Earth hoping that something might be revealed, but nothing leaped out at me. I did figure out that the center of the star map was probably intended to be centered on the well location with the abandonded truck which of course was not pictured on the older topographical map.

If any of you want to look at the star map on Google Earth you can download the attached file called search2.txt to your computer. After you get it downloaded rename it to search2.kmz so it will be recognized by Google Earth. If you have a fairly new version of Google Earth installed, you can just double-click on search2.kmz and Google Earth should open it and zoom in on it. I had to upload it as .txt to give websleuths a file type that it would accept. Do not try to view the file because it is not actually a text file.

Perhaps, you can see something or make a connection that I couldn't.

Attachments

I did look at the older google images but the resolution is so low that I couldn't see much. I was thinking about looking for some other images. In the past some were available on Terraserver and a couple of other places. You had mentioned that someone said that the tank could be seen in one of the well location pictures which makes me think that it must be on or near the well location.

If the picture of the sign with the well name and s-t-r location corresponds to the location where the truck was abandoned, that would suggest that the well had been a producing well at some time because a dry hole wouldn't usually get a sign. If the well had been a producing well in the past, it is very likely that a tank was used to hold saltwater and/or condensate produced by the well, and this type of tank would usually be close to the well itself. Perhaps that is all the tank was. If it was one of those tanks it would have been fairly large - large enough to hold many bodies. You could probably zoom in with Google Earth on almost any of the producing well locations in the area and see the saltwater or condensate tank or tanks. They are easily large enough to be seen in the satellite images.

I can think of no other reason for a tank at the location. If it was one of these tanks, it was probably enclosed with a hatch and vent. Open tanks containing saltwater or condensate tend to kill birds so they are usually closed.

I studied it all again today and still can't find anything. I did see tanks of some sort at other well sites but not this one, not even in the historical imagery. I give up.

The two photos of well site signs were not at the same location, but a short distance away per mtrooper:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5942582&postcount=186

The first 2 pictures were of well site signs that were less than a mile or so from where the truck was found. They were both taken at 12:53 on 10/08/2009. The picture of Madyson was taken at 14:47 on 10/08. I am not sure if they took the first set of pictures before or after they spoke with the neighbor, but I would venture to guess before, IMOO (based on locations). So my thoughts go somthing like this...They stop take the pictures (12:53) then stop by the neighbors, chat for about a half hour, then go up to the site (1:30ish) walk around, spray paint the truck, collect some rocks (evidenced by the large rocks found in the back of the truck). It was a beautiful day, no coat needed.

My best reckoning, according to the s-t-r locations, is that the signs were to the southwest of the well site along the east-west road, so the Jamisons took the pictures and then continued driving east toward the neighbor DC's property at the foot of the well site road, and then turned north to drive up to look at the property.

The two photos of well site signs were not at the same location, but a short distance away per mtrooper:

I might try to find out if there was ever a producing well on the location, and if there was, I'll try to find out when it was plugged. A couple of things that make me think it was not a saltwater or condensate tank is that I have heard it called a Water Tower, and I heard something about it possibly being in or near the trees. This doesn't seem consistent with the tank being part of the well's production facilities.

Yes this one. I think this is the dark spot of woods north west of truck site. I am just assuming the star points are directions the dogs traveled to try and get their scent.
My compass was off, the road outline is awesome.

I'm going to have to reference a couple of our old posts here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10022162&postcount=109

Originally Posted by TooCurious
What is the dark area on that map....anyone know?

No, I don't have a clue, but I have noticed it before while looking at satellite views on Google Maps and Google Earth. It's clearly visible as a dark square a little ways to the northwest of the well site where the truck was found. I believe the area circled in the map above is the peak of the mountain rather than the location of the truck.

<snip>

ETA: Okay, scratch that part about the peak of the mountain. I'm comparing the map above with another topo map and, matching up various bumps and squiggles, it looks like the circled area is the truck location. But that would make the dark square on the map not correspond with the dark square on satellite images, so now I'm just really confused.

It threw me off too, obviously. Someone suggested that the shaded area on the map could be could be marking where an aerial search was done. I really don't know. But it is to the southwest of the truck site and the dark square visible on satellite images is to the northwest.

OkieGranny - I was able to find some information on the well at that location. It was the Jankowsky #1 in section 9-6N-20E, and it was drilled and completed sometime around September 2003 as a producing gas well. I don't recall seeing in the pictures any production equipment such as tanks, heater/treater, meter house, or a wellhead which would be on any producing gas well so now I'm wondering if the well might have been plugged shortly before the Jamisons disappeared and the tank(s) had not yet been removed. Perhaps it was temporarily moved to the edge of the location to get it out of the way while the well was being plugged and then later hauled off. I would have thought that a tank of this size would be visible in the older low-res Google images.

OkieGranny - I was able to find some information on the well at that location. It was the Jankowsky #1 in section 9-6N-20E, and it was drilled and completed sometime around September 2003 as a producing gas well. I don't recall seeing in the pictures any production equipment such as tanks, heater/treater, meter house, or a wellhead which would be on any producing gas well so now I'm wondering if the well might have been plugged shortly before the Jamisons disappeared and the tank(s) had not yet been removed. Perhaps it was temporarily moved to the edge of the location to get it out of the way while the well was being plugged and then later hauled off. I would have thought that a tank of this size would be visible in the older low-res Google images.

That does make sense because one of the signs reads "Jankowsky No. 1-9."

In the Disappeared video, it was reported that the water tank was drained due to the HRD hits which, if this info is accurate, indicates that it held water at that time.

The signs must have been right next to each other, because both photos were time-stamped on the Blackberry at 12:53 pm. There are two possible routes the Jamisons drove that day, either coming in from the north on the road along Smokestack Hollow that meets the well site road about halfway up, or from the west along the east-west road that passes the foot of the well site road.

The Jankowsky sign indicates wells in Section 9 and the other sign is for wells in Section 17 of 6N 20E. These two sections only meet at one corner. I took this image showing the section boundaries, added a red dot for the well site and a blue dot for the neighbor's property, and traced the roads in black. I circled the two possible locations of the signs in red. Do either of these locations seem logical to you?

aa6256d8-828f-40a1-8da3-478e59332266_zps6e171da8.png

Bobby was looking at a site www.cclgtx.com which was turned off around Oct.5 , now a similar site clgtx exist and thier in the industrial tank removal bussiness and theyll come to you to give estimate. not to make it more confusing cclgtx could have stood for classic country land which they do own land on the mtn and have been fined by O.K. and many other ccomplaints from buyers. For 49.00 i can see who has owned the websites (domaintools.com)

That does make sense because one of the signs reads "Jankowsky No. 1-9."

In the Disappeared video, it was reported that the water tank was drained due to the HRD hits which, if this info is accurate, indicates that it held water at that time.

The signs must have been right next to each other, because both photos were time-stamped on the Blackberry at 12:53 pm. There are two possible routes the Jamisons drove that day, either coming in from the north on the road along Smokestack Hollow that meets the well site road about halfway up, or from the west along the east-west road that passes the foot of the well site road.

The Jankowsky sign indicates wells in Section 9 and the other sign is for wells in Section 17 of 6N 20E. These two sections only meet at one corner. I took this image showing the section boundaries, added a red dot for the well site and a blue dot for the neighbor's property, and traced the roads in black. I circled the two possible locations of the signs in red. Do either of these locations seem logical to you?

aa6256d8-828f-40a1-8da3-478e59332266_zps6e171da8.png

The free standing tanks are not structurally sound enough to move if they contain water so the tank must have been filled after it was placed there. I have seen homemade water systems but this doesn't seem likely if the tank was on a tract of land other than the tract of the homeowner.

I'm thinking about the well name thing. What were the names of the other wells in section 17-6N-20E? I happen to have a list of wells as of May 2009, and the only well shown in section 17 was the Parsons 1-17. There also was another well in section 9-6N-20E called the Gibson 1-9 which is probably the one just south of the Jankowsky 1 in the same section.

For informational purposes I have attached a list of every Jankowsky well in Latimer county as well as the two additional wells mentioned above, all as of 5/2009. The lat/long coordinates are only approximate because they were calculated from the call description of the location rather than actual measurements with a gps. These coordinates will be close enough that you can figure out the true location of the well by looking at Google Earth.

I'm going to think about this some more. I think you might be getting close to deducing some of the routes he might have used. Did I miss the picture of the other well signs or has it not been posted?

Attachments

I'm thinking about the well name thing. What were the names of the other wells in section 17-6N-20E? I happen to have a list of wells as of May 2009, and the only well shown in section 17 was the Parsons 1-17. There also was another well in section 9-6N-20E called the Gibson 1-9 which is probably the one just south of the Jankowsky 1 in the same section.

For informational purposes I have attached a list of every Jankowsky well in Latimer county as well as the two additional wells mentioned above, all as of 5/2009. The lat/long coordinates are only approximate because they were calculated from the call description of the location rather than actual measurements with a gps. These coordinates will be close enough that you can figure out the true location of the well by looking at Google Earth.

I'm going to think about this some more. I think you might be getting close to deducing some of the routes he might have used. Did I miss the picture of the other well signs or has it not been posted?

Here's the photos of the two signs:

9629418_zps178c9359.jpg

321509_zps82b73aad.jpg

Is there a question as to what route they took? LE should have all that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa