OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the ME released cause of death?

Each set of remains was basically a skull and a few bones. No bones with bullet holes or knife marks were found. Probably no hyoid bones either, so strangulation could not be determined. No tissues remained for toxicology, and any DNA from a possible perp was long gone.

Snipped
This has been my opinion from day 1. Sure hope it's not the case though.
I have the same opinion. Of course it could be many things at this point but that is my strong feeling too. Those last pictures of the little girl are very haunting.

Using Occam's Razor as a basis for a theory, in the absence of bone injuries, I think they got disoriented and died at night due to hypothermia. I hate to say this, but I think Maddie, the small girl, probably died first, due a child's small reserve of fat storage and their proportionately larger heads, which store a lot of our natural heat.

The parents may have given up if she did perish. I also think that if there is a murderer out there, then he, she,or they will show their hand in a blatant way now that the case is considered "closed".
People get careless.... and there was an estate inheritance in the balance, wasn't there?

I still think it was a tragic accidental set of circumstances though, with no outside forces at work other than the weather.

Using Occam's Razor as a basis for a theory, in the absence of bone injuries, I think they got disoriented and died at night due to hypothermia. I hate to say this, but I think Maddie, the small girl, probably died first, due a child's small reserve of fat storage and their proportionately larger heads, which store a lot of our natural heat.

The parents may have given up if she did perish. I also think that if there is a murderer out there, then he, she,or they will show their hand in a blatant way now that the case is considered "closed".
People get careless.... and there was an estate inheritance in the balance, wasn't there?

I still think it was a tragic accidental set of circumstances though, with no outside forces at work other than the weather.

I completely agree!

I know it's posted on this thread somewhere about what the weather was (highs and lows) from the day they went to the mountain to the time the truck was found. Can someone tell me what it was again please, if you remember? Too much to look through. Spent quite a few nights sitting in lawn chairs half of the night in Oklahoma in Octobers, and don't ever remember it being cold enough to cause hypothermia, so wondering if there were some record lows or something that leads others to believe that.

I know it's posted on this thread somewhere about what the weather was (highs and lows) from the day they went to the mountain to the time the truck was found. Can someone tell me what it was again please, if you remember? Too much to look through. Spent quite a few nights sitting in lawn chairs half of the night in Oklahoma in Octobers, and don't ever remember it being cold enough to cause hypothermia, so wondering if there were some record lows or something that leads others to believe that.

ME: Cause Of Death Of Latimer County Family Missing Since 2009 Unknown

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 3:16 PM CST
Updated: Jul 15, 2014 4:01 PM CST

LATIMER COUNTY, Oklahoma -

The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner was not able to identify a cause of death for a Latimer County family whose skeletal remains were found four years after they disappeared.

~Snip~

He said he could find no evidence of trauma done to the remains at the time of death, but because the remains were just bones, he could not rule that out. The report also said disease could not be ruled out.

The ME did, however, find that the deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances.

http://www.newson6.com/story/260258...imer-county-family-missing-since-2009-unknown

ME: Cause Of Death Of Latimer County Family Missing Since 2009 Unknown

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 3:16 PM CST
Updated: Jul 15, 2014 4:01 PM CST

LATIMER COUNTY, Oklahoma -

The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner was not able to identify a cause of death for a Latimer County family whose skeletal remains were found four years after they disappeared.

~Snip~

He said he could find no evidence of trauma done to the remains at the time of death, but because the remains were just bones, he could not rule that out. The report also said disease could not be ruled out.

The ME did, however, find that the deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances.

http://www.newson6.com/story/260258...imer-county-family-missing-since-2009-unknown

I guess he is trying to cover all the bases, but a disease? All three of them?
Maybe he needs to keep the bones in isolation and call in the CDC for a full investigation in case it's catching!

The disease statement was strange, but at least they aren't just saying "they probably died of hypothermia" and they're leaving all possibilities on the table until/unless new evidence comes to light.

The article indicated animal damage to the remains.

That could mean that the bodies were not buried at any point between the time of final decay and when they were discovered.

I guess he is trying to cover all the bases, but a disease? All three of them?
Maybe he needs to keep the bones in isolation and call in the CDC for a full investigation in case it's catching!

LOL I was thinking maybe a slim possibility they ate poison mushrooms or berries.. it would be a medical condition not really a disease.

LOL I was thinking maybe a slim possibility they ate poison mushrooms or berries.. it would be a medical condition not really a disease.

You would think that the ME would known the difference between a medical condition and a disease, but you had a good thought!
It would make more sense than hypothermia does.

How long would it take someone to die after eating mushrooms/berries? Would they be in an euphoria state, lying down and looking up at the clouds until they died?

Wait a minute. Didn't the hunters say all the skulls were face down?

I'm even more confused after reading that report, if that's possible in this case. The disease thing is throwing in a whole new mess of theories.

The article indicated animal damage to the remains.

That could mean that the bodies were not buried at any point between the time of final decay and when they were discovered.

For the record, I don't believe they were ever buried.

Once I buried fish remains as a fertilizer in the garden, but within two/three days found that animals had dug them up along with some of the plants I was growing. So, it can happen, but I don't believe it for three people.

http://www.ktul.com/story/26034122/medical-examiner-unable-to-determine-cause-of-death-for-family

Documents obtained by KTUL state that the medical examiner found "postmortem carnivore damage" on areas of the remains that were found... Officials found damage on all the remains that were recovered for each individual that went missing in October of 2009.

The remains were thoroughly scavenged by wildlife. Three skulls and a few bones. That's all that was left.

I can't imagine why the ME's office would bring up the possibility of disease. What a dumb thing to say.

The disease statement was strange, but at least they aren't just saying "they probably died of hypothermia" and they're leaving all possibilities on the table until/unless new evidence comes to light.
We will see what happens next, but I doubt we will ever hear of anything "coming to light" on this case in the future. Of course, they won't state probabilities. However, it does remain as a strong possibility...in my opinion. We most likely will never know how they died.

It doesn't matter if the skulls were found turned up or not since animals moved them.

This is an excellent thought and one I don't think has come up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024