OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused about this and the points you are trying to make. I agree people don't take their dogs with them to starve to death, but that would support the lost/hypothermia speculation. As well as how far from the vehicle they were found. And by the deed, if you are talking about a third party, I disagree. It makes sense to me for the sole purpose of buying time to cover their tracks as the terrain made it very difficult to find them. Look how long it took for the family to be found (given this is them). I definitely agree it takes a sick individual to kill a child. Incomprehensible.
But if they did get lost during a hike, would they not have also taken the dog on the hike as well?
I'm going towards the theory that they were abducted by a possessive owner at gunpoint, the dog was locked in the truck so it wouldn't attempt to defend them and the money was left as the assailant did not know about it's existence.

But if they did get lost during a hike, would they not have also taken the dog on the hike as well?
I'm going towards the theory that they were abducted by a possessive owner at gunpoint, the dog was locked in the truck so it wouldn't attempt to defend them and the money was left as the assailant did not know about it's existence.
Could be the dog didn't have a leash and they didn't want to risk it running off chasing some wild rabbit or other animal. The little yappy dog wasn't a threat to anyone, imo.

Could be the dog didn't have a leash and they didn't want to risk it running off chasing some wild rabbit or other animal. The little yappy dog wasn't a threat to anyone, imo.
Apologies, i guess what i should have said that the dog may have barked/drawn attention?

Apologies, i guess what i should have said that the dog may have barked/drawn attention?
Someone worried about a barking dog drawing attention left it in a truck to bark and go nuts for days? If a person was desperate to get rid of a barking dog...open the door and scare it so it runs away at warp speed...problem solved. Or if they are intent on killing the people with the dog...kill the dog first to avoid any barking.

ME: Remains Found In Latimer County Identified As Family Missing Since 2009

Posted: Jul 03, 2014 12:00 PM CST
Updated: Jul 03, 2014 12:01 PM CST

LATIMER COUNTY, Oklahoma -

The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner has positively identified the remains of three people found in rural Latimer County last November.

The ME says the remains are those of Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson Stormy Star Jamison

~Snip~

The ME says the cause of death is unknown, because of incomplete skeletal remains, and the manner of death is unknown, as well.

The ME says the final report on the case is not yet ready for release.

http://www.newson6.com/story/259360...ounty-identified-as-family-missing-since-2009

At least the family and friends now have confirmation that the remains were the Jamisons.
Prayers to the family in their loss.

It sounds like the final report may just be a written report of the info that the ME has now released.

WEBSLEUTHS will be offline tomorrow morning, July 4th, from 6AM to about 8AM PST for a software upgrade. You can get updates about the upgrade during that time on Twitter via #websleuths.

The search feature will not be fully operational for a couple of days after the upgrade, due to the amount of information on our site. It takes awhile to get that data back online.

For more information and to get answers to your questions, follow this link to our private forum:
For Members Only

On the Find the Jamison's FB page, NS said she asked the ME if SJ's gun was found, and was told no.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDTHEJAMISONS?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hate to say this, but I think the Jamison's case will stay unsolved. I hope I'm wrong.

Sadly, I don't think you're wrong. Haven't got the heart right now to dig back through the threads to find exact quotes, but I remember local LE saying they wanted to wait for positive IDs before investigating any further. Meanwhile, one of our prime witnesses is now deceased.

I have no confidence that anyone down there is interested in finding out what really happened to this family.

After all this time it feels surreal seeing the Jamison's in the "Located" forum.

wow

finally some healing can perhaps begin for the families

RIP Jamison family. I pray your case is solved one day. At least you all are together, and have each other.

We live in such a crazy world...

They don't even have their full skeleton!!! No doubt wildlife had some part in that. What's weird to me is how wildlife will take, remove parts of bones of people, yet I've found full carcasses of deer many times. I have found on occasions just jaw bones as well. I've found deer antler that something had chewed on. My dogs have brought home deer legs/hooves before as well. I don't know what my point even is.

I'm just sad that the Jamison family is deceased, and we don't know why! I'm glad they've been identified and I guess they'll now have a proper funeral.

On the Find the Jamison's FB page, NS said she asked the ME if SJ's gun was found, and was told no.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDTHEJAMISONS?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hate to say this, but I think the Jamison's case will stay unsolved. I hope I'm wrong.

I hated to see the FB page update today. And I agree with you that it will likely remain unsolved, sadly. Even though they have been identified, I don't feel any closure as I'm sure the family & NS do not.

This news jolted me this evening. It's quite a sobering moment to know for certain, and that they came to such a tragic end, whatever that might have been. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and all loved ones.

I've done a lot of reading on this case since the 3 bodies were positively ID'd. The ME still doesn't have COD.

I have a theory, though. Both the Jamisons told others they were seeing ghosts. Sherilyn was bi-polar and Bobby was most likely on pain meds. I think they were suffering from a shared psychosis. They simply were not in their right minds when they were driving around looking at properties. Everyone is trying to make sense of why they left the dog and the cash in the car and wandered away. If they were delusional, they wouldn't be acting sensibly. Some of the posters her think Sherilyn was in a manic state and killed the other two and than herself. But it was Bobby who was calling the church asking for magic bullets.

This could also be the reason LE and family didn't seem to be so involved in the search. They didn't want to let on how mentally unstable the Jamisons were. I think it's more likely than WPP.

Poor Madelyn getting caught up in this. Sherilyn's son was lucky to go live with his Dad.

I think they got lost, it got dark, and they all laid down and died in their sleep. So tragic.

I would not rule out:

1. Hypothermia

2. Murder/suicide

3. A lightening strike.

1. I remember checking the weather. It got fairly cold the night they disappeared, with thunderstorms. They could have become lost, and drenched, suffered from from hypothermia. If there were snakes in the area, they might not have taken the dog. One of the adults could have been injured and they decided to spend the night.

2. It seems that one or both might have had psychological problems. There also could have been an argument where one was killed, unintentionally or in a fit of anger, and the other just couldn't go on. I would expect some forensic evidence of that.

3. There were storms in the area, and one could have taken them out.

The dog could be significant. Would a killer callous enough to kill a child be reluctant not to kill a potentially barking dog, who could attract people to the location?

Just learning that the family has been positively identified. Such a long wait.

RIP Jamison family. I hope there will be some answers, somewhere down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper