Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

Wait!? NS claims the neighbor said marijuana and meth were found when LE originally searched the truck? And we have LE saying there were no signs of drug use. Hmmmm. If the neighbor's claim is true, then we have a totally different ball game, IMO.

But how do we know the neighbor was honest about anything? How do we know that he doesn't know exactly what happened to them? JMO

But how do we know the neighbor was honest about anything? How do we know that he doesn't know exactly what happened to them? JMO
exempli gratia,
"I can tell you my name is Tom T. Shiftlet and I come from Tarwater, Tennessee, but you never have seen me before: how you know I ain't lying? How you know my name ain't Aaron Sparks, lady, and I come from Singleberry, Georgia, or how you know it's not George Speeds and I come from Lucy, Alabama, or how you know I ain't Thompson Bright from Toolafalls, Mississippi?"
from 'The Violent Bear It Way,' by the great Mary Flannery O'Connor

I know topix is crazy but...there is some info on there that, if credible, could be of use. I particularly think the people that were talking about being stopped on the mountain, almost getting rammed could provide a possible lead. IF they are credible. This could be someone who's behavior was escalated and could be responsible for the disappearance.
The handy man.....wow! So he could be their cook. With his past, maybe they could lean on him to get some extra background info on their behavior/habits.
I think the phone records are very important and provide possible clues but it seems they are overlooked. Did Sherilyne have a habit of going 3 days without speaking on her phone? Why would the Eufala number be mysterious? They have had all the tools to figure this number out for several years, granted the answer might have to come from a different agency but it could have been found out. Maybe still can.

Here ya go. Sorry. The statistics are effin scary.
Major Mental Disorders were associated with an increased likelihood of homicide (two-fold in men and six-fold in women) when compared to the general population.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...nticated=false&deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20004282

I just looked at the articles and unfortunately they do not give the % of those who kill their OWN family members. The article discusses homicide in general which means the % includes those who murder people who are not family members.

Do each of them have a phone?
One was plugged in. Where is the other one?

And was the roll of film ever developed or was it unused? I believe I read from Sherilyne's BFF that her camera was missing too. Which, to me, indicates she was often with her camera. Where is the film that was recovered in the truck and why wasn't there a camera recovered as well, or did I miss that?

**In my having spent the morning reading the 11 previous threads I find the below point to be a critical factor** jmo, tho.

^^^THIS^^^ is of huge importance, IMO!!!.. and is so often not mentioned, not known by some, and/or disregarded...

IMO, it is absolutely a critical piece to this puzzle.. While I know that some may totally disagree with me on the importance of this particular fact, but I will even go back to one of the original investigators and just say that this critical fact was of such weight that IMO, it took Israel Beauchamp from his stance on this being a family just lost in the terrain..or even possibly a murder-suicide.. to his making the repeated firm statements that he full well believed this family was absolutely en route back down the mountain when they were likely blocked/stopped by an oncoming vehicle up the one-way mountain road that they were headed down..

And that this family was forced from their vehicle unexpectedly.. From there its truly anyone's guess on the events that followed.. But IMO, this above noted critical FACT regarding the position of their vehicle IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE when looking at the case and how the events unfolded that day, Oct 9, 2009, halfway down the mountain, on a one-lane dirt road, where this family of 3 were seemingly just "vanished" from existing on this earth..

IMO, there are many very significant indicators that again, for whatever reasons, are often not mentioned, not known, and/or just totally disregarded, that IMO, absolutely indicate this family was finished with their business on Panola Mountain and were in fact, en route, back down the mountain when someone blocked/stopped them during their drive back down the mountainside..(**to be clear it's MOO on the importance and meaning of these known facts)

We know for a fact that the family had parked and walked several hundred yards back onto the mountainous terrain to the ridge where the famous last picture of Madyson was taken.. IMO this further confirms, for me, that when they were out walking around in/around different areas of Panola Mountain that they did take such items as cell phones.. The last picture of Madyson was taken on a cell phone..

Imo, in just going with the left the vehicle intentionally, even though the way in which the vehicle is left abandoned indicates they were headed down the mountain and unexpectedly stopped/blocked on that route, nonetheless in just going with the scenario that they intentionally parked the vehicle there and then left willingly, with the intent to walk into the terrain/forest, why then is absolutely everything left in the vehicle??

When we know for a fact that when walking the terrain previously they had taken items such as their cells??.. Instead their cell phones are left in the vehicle, with one already plugged up into the charger...???... IMO, when I'm objectively looking at the little known facts of the case re: the events of that day, IMO the indicators point toward this family leaving the mountain and were stopped/blocked unexpectedly by someone that totally changed the entire course of the rest of their lives...(**I reiterate this is MOO on the importance and meaning of certain facts)

I go back to IB and his seemingly have been very much believing a murder/suicide as possibly being at play.. But due to the fact that there are such clear, undeniable facts about such critical pieces of the puzzle that strongly indicate that the family was en route back down the mountain when they were unexpectedly stopped/blocked by someone... These critical facts even had IB repeatedly, publicly stating that due to such very strong facts indicating the family was leaving..that he firmly believed they were met by someone coming up that one lane road that forced this family from their vehicle..

Imo , I do not deny the mental health issues that are absolutely present in this case as well.. But even given mental health issues at play(that IB knew far more about than any of us, here).. He still believed that the family absolutely met with foul play on their way back down the mountain and from there, were forced from their vehicle..

Jmo. But IMO, those above critical pieces to the puzzle just cannot be easily disregarded!

Great post!

Do we know whose number we have the details of? Bobby or Sherilyn? They said a cell phone was found in the truck. Have they found a cell phone with the remains? Is there one missing?

The phone calls on the 12th are nagging me.

Sleuthers, I need help with one more thing, please! This is the clue log showing the locations of hits by cadaver dogs up on Panola Mountain. There are coordinates given for the hits, but they are not GPS coordinates:

9bf96118-e768-4a0d-b142-3d686bb65dfa_zps83019a6e.png

And then I noticed the numbers 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 running up the side of this map. I'm guessing that if we could see the numbers running across the top, 98 and 99 would be there:

7d89ba33-fc80-4362-8224-466909fc7db3_zps11030419.jpg

My question is where do we find a better copy of this map so we can try to pinpoint the locations of the HRD hits?

I have tried to make sense of the coordinates for C7-C15. My best guess is that they are the last four digits of a UTM call. This is a rectangular grid which would be something like 15S 29****E 387****N in the area of interest. If this guess is correct the “hits” are clustered together in an area NE of the truck.

For some reason my attempt to upload a map failed so I have included the WGS84 lat/long values that correspond to the UTM coordinates assuming that my guess as to the relationship is correct. You should be able to use these coordinates to take a look with Google Earth. There is no guarentee on this one.

C7 35.020940 -95.193840
C8 35.021110 -95.193120
C9 35.021050 -95.193580
C10 35.021320 -95.193790
C11 35.021150 -95.193770 Same as C14
C12 35.020940 -95.193810
C13 35.020910 -95.193760 Same as C15
C14 35.021150 -95.193770
C15 35.020910 -95.193760

Taking a look at OkieGranny's timeline again and something just doesn't make sense.
Why would Bobby check his VM that often? Was he paranoid about missing an important call or was he really getting that many VMs? Maybe the spotty signal out in the boondocks was messing up his phone. Just seems excessive.

Taking a look at OkieGranny's timeline again and something just doesn't make sense.
Why would Bobby check his VM that often? Was he paranoid about missing an important call or was he really getting that many VMs? Maybe the spotty signal out in the boondocks was messing up his phone. Just seems excessive.

That's what I am saying! Notice how he isn't near as active on the 8th?? He was waiting on information from the Eufala people, IMO.

1:55 PM Bobby checked his voicemail•
1:56 PM Bobby checked his voicemail•
1:58 PM Bobby called an unidentified Eufaula number (1 minutes)•
1:59 PM Bobby checked his voicemail•
2:02 PM Bobby called back the mystery Eufaula number (1minute)

He doesn't check his voicemail again for a while.

I know when I am checking VM repeatedly it is because I am grabbing a number off of it, maybe he had some numbers or VMessages saved he has to access? Or maybe he had the coordinates saved but accidentally deleted it...

But seriously, when I saw the back to back VM's I instantly thought about the millions of times I have tried to copy a number and someone says it too fast so I listen about 20 times to try and get the whole thing. I also get numbers confused easily, like my brain reverses them so maybe it is just me...

Who ever left the VMAIL may have left detailed info he needed to write down, I have never owned a blackberry, but if he couldn't just rewind the VMAIL like you can on an iphone, he may have needed to call his VMAIL back to get it all. If he was unable to understand a portion that may be why he called the one # and when they didn't answer he tried listening to his VMAIL again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member