OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that we never revisited a piece of info that I tried to address in a previous thread, but bungled badly. Luckily, fellow sleuther dranders4 was on hand to school me in the difference between GPS coordinates rendered in degrees, minutes, and seconds and those in decimal form. Sort of like the difference between miles and kilometers.

Subsequently, I tried out of a few different coordinate converters, bookmarked the one I liked best, and it has been very handy:

Polar GeoSpatial Center

Anyway, what I was trying to figure out in that earlier misbegotten post was the location of the coordinates given to the Jamisons by PC, the lady on the mountain:

Screenshot2013-12-09at52311AM_zpsaf6d3d56.png

So this is the property the Jamisons went up the mountain to see:

Screenshot2013-12-09at53625AM_zpsc7ecefa5.png

I have been away from the case for a while... WOW what a lot of great work has gone into researching, timeline and mapping whilst I was away....

Alas.. I keep returning to the least dramatic conclusion.... lost in the woods.

Obviously there are multiple 'red-flags' in the history of the events that lead up to their disappearance, but I just can't help thinking this was a day that the family over reached their limitations and some bad timing with weather caused what unfortunately law enforcement will probably pass off as "accidental deaths".

I keep playing the sequence of events in my mind and it just seems to me that on day two of property hunting they took off from the well site mid-afternoon and fatefully did not return to the truck. We may never know how long they tried to find their way back or how much distance was covered in that attempt.

Many here have questioned the 'look' on Madyson's face in the last picture... is it a tired / frustrated child or ??....

If I assume she was tired.. and the family returned to the truck so she could have a snack and a nap... I can easily imagine Bobby & Sherilyn talking in the truck about the properties they had seen - moving the truck to enjoy the vista of the valley from the road leading away from the well site and after Madyson's short nap deciding to venture up the mountain on foot to look for a site that was close by. ( I for one would not want to build my dream home on an abandoned 'scorched earth' piece of property ) and since we know there were additional parcels available... it makes sense they continued the search up the mountain and not worried about other vehicles coming up the road, left the truck where it was found.

I can hope they found some shelter from the rain that night, used the lighter that Bobby certainly had to start a fire and continued disoriented under cloud cover the next day or 2 or ?? .. we can only await the official location of the remains to possibly piece together how they came to that fateful location in Smokestack Hollow less than 3 miles from the truck.

Great post that I, personally very much agree with all of the points made..

I, too strongly opine that the Jamison family's death is not a result of having gotten lost and died from exposure.. IMO there are many reasons that IMO just do not at all mesh with that being what happened here..

Most important point made in the above post is about the killer(s) responsible for this family's death very much are familiar with this particular area, the people that live in the area, and the lay of the land wrt this area's terrain/forest..

Just to name a couple of the points that we know of, that IMO substantiate this opinion, are those such as the evident fact of the people that live in this area very, very much appear to watch, take notice, and definitely are aware of any people who, for whatever reasons, happen to come into the area in which they live (ie. Be it oil rig people, visitors, or people looking at property to buy in the area, etc).

IMO, fact is these people very much are aware, keep an eye out, and take note of all people who come into their rural, yet close-knit community. IMO, the statement given by the neighbor who was one of the last people to speak with the Jamisons, his statement very much proves exactly this. The details in which he gives in that statement are very much indicative of being aware, taking note of, etc of any people who come up Panola Mountain.. Further examples of this is his detailing of knowledge wrt the "oil rig people" drive excessive speeds.. This detail is what quickly led him to know that the Jamison family were not oil rig workers due to their driving slowly up the mountain.. He goes on to give more detailed knowledge of who was driving the vehicle that was traveling behind the Jamison truck that day(gives her full name and phone number)..all of these details, IMO are indicative of the close knit community, and that they very much kept an eye out for themselves, as well as each other..

I am not at all saying these are negative traits, they are not..they are positive traits indicative of a small community who look out for each other.. The importance of these details, IMO is that whoever it was that IMO, stopped the Jamison family as they were driving back down Panola Mountain had to have been someone that belonged there, lived there, had direct personal and/or business ties there.. The people responsible for the family's death are very much known to the community..and there for wouldn't have been out of place..

IMO, if the persons who ambushed the Jamison's were just happenstance outsiders..or outsiders, period..if that were the case I'd bet my bottom dollar that they would have been immediately noticed and every single detail about them, their physical description, and vehicle info would have been known immediately to members of this small community..

IMO the killer(s) are very much just the opposite.. He/she/they belong there and/or have direct ties to this small community.. and I would go it even one step further in offering up a bit of my own personal theory on who/why killed this family.. This community is extremely tight..and imo, they're definitely NOT wanting anything/anyone to come into their community and in any way negatively impact their lives..and that can be looked at a couple different ways in their being protective of their families, property, and safety that they have maintained for themselves..or it could be they're protective for other reasons such as some type of activity that they do not want others to know about(be it legal/illegal activity..drugs, "religion", etc)..

I just believe that whatever the "ways" of this community are, that there are likely some(maybe just one person..maybe just a very small few)..but imo there are VERY LIKELY some, who are very, very determined to keep that community from being breached by any unwanted outsiders(IMO, key word is "unwanted")..

Some may ask why would the Jamison family fall into the category of unwanted outsiders, rather than the category of potential new members of their small, tight knit community??.. And to that my answer is very simply.. Think about it..firstly its not as tho, the Jamisons were from some distance, out of state, much different is they lived merely an hour away and IMO, it is more than likely that there were people on Panola Mountain who knew people in/around Eufala that would have told exactly what the Jamison's reputation was(just look at what we have had painted for us as the Jamison's rep).. Demons..spirits..meth users..witchcraft..etc..etc..etc..the list goes on and on wrt the negative traits that have been attributed to the Jamisons(some, IMO fairly..and some NOT fairly at all)..

Would those attributes go over well with the tight knit community that lived on Panola Mountain?

The answer is absolutely not, IMO..and IMO, that is possibly one of the motivating factors of why/who would have ambushed/killed this family.. IMO, there are several other possible motivating factors that I could go on&on about.. but, for me, the one thing that it all points to is that it was very, very likely someone from/directly tied to the community of Panola Mountain that ambushed/killed the Jamison family..

Of course as always Jmo, tho..

Thank's SmoothOperator, I agree with your theory of a local, or a few of the locals, wanting to keep outsiders out, and for whatever reasons percieving the Jamison's as a threat to him/them, and his/their interests, perhaps even having a contact(s) from in/around Eufala, that would have filled him/them in on the reputation of the Jamison's. I wouldn't be surprised if K.B. the 'handyman' has ties very near the area the Jamison's were looking for property. From what I'm reading on topix, he was living not far from Panola mountain when the Jamison's disappeared. ( I know to take topix with a grain of salt and all, but there IS some posts with very interesting info. Just have to get past the b.s. to find it.)

Check out posts# 2395 and 2396

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/newalla-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p117

I'd even read the few pages preceding and after this one.

There's many other interesting posts scattered through out topix-land, makes for some interesting reading.

I would love to hear more of the several other motivating factors you think are important!

Yeah, there's no way an outsider would go unnoticed on Panola mountain and the surrounding areas, that's for sure. What you posted here, and the last paragraph, really sums up the thoughts I have about this case.

Finally got around to mapping the Jamisons' likely route from their home on Lake Eufaula to the well site on the mountain. Don't know what took me so long to try that but, for some reason, all this time I'd been thinking they traveled to the site around the east side of the mountain.

I cannot say that this is the exact route the Jamisons took, but it is the most direct route to the well site and then back home again. What's surprising to me is that it's on the west side of the mountain and runs right along Smokestack Hollow, where the remains were reportedly found. I don't know if that means anything, but it has given me food for thought. Of all the remote spots in the Sans Bois range where the bodies could have been hidden, why there?

ec1d1904-b038-4819-8830-27016f4b80ee_zps9c883249.png

I missed where the body location cords were confirmed, can anyone link me?

You are right, I don't have a reference for that. When OkieG and Mapman and several others, maybe mtrooper, were discussing it those were the coordinates that I came up with, based on everyones opinion. That location does lie directly at 2.7 miles from the truck. I've forgotten my other reasoning. :blushing:

It's all just my own opinion, fwiw. Except that the dirt road is there.

Finally got around to mapping the Jamisons' likely route from their home on Lake Eufaula to the well site on the mountain. Don't know what took me so long to try that but, for some reason, all this time I'd been thinking they traveled to the site around the east side of the mountain.

I cannot say that this is the exact route the Jamisons took, but it is the most direct route to the well site and then back home again. What's surprising to me is that it's on the west side of the mountain and runs right along Smokestack Hollow, where the remains were reportedly found. I don't know if that means anything, but it has given me food for thought. Of all the remote spots in the Sans Bois range where the bodies could have been hidden, why there?

ec1d1904-b038-4819-8830-27016f4b80ee_zps9c883249.png

Thanks for this, OkieGranny(and thanks for all the time, effort, and heart you've put into the case..it really is of a HUGE HELP to both, the people who've followed all along, as well as those who have been following since the discovery of remains last month.. I very much thank you for ALL of your hard work, OkieGranny!)..

In looking at the mapped route above I must say that it just all the more, for me, personally, reinforces that this family did not become lost in the terrain/forest on Panola Mountain and wander, and find their way to the spot where the remains were located.. Of course that's jmo, tho, but it is one that I do feel rather strongly about..

IMO *if* the scenario that presented itself was the Jamison's truck abandoned anywhere even near to this area where their remains were found..indicating a real possibility of their having successfully made it back down the one-lane mountain road on Panola..and they were very much en route back home(which as you've mapped above showing that the route would indeed travel right near Smokestack)..if the vehicle had been found abandoned anywhere in this particular vicinity, IMO, it would definitely, significantly raise the chances/likelihood/possibility that the family successfully made it off Panola mountain, and were en route back home, and for whatever cause/reason they had decided to pull off, stop, park their vehicle, and get out walking into the terrain/forest..IMO, making it a realistic possibility that they had wandered off, got lost, and died of exposure.. IMO *if* the truck were abandoned any where in the near vicinity of Smokestack..this, IMO would/could very much fit with the theory of family leaves vehicle, wanders into terrain, gets lost, and dies of exposure.. and their remains to eventually be located there in the Smokestack area..

But, as we all know, the vehicle was abandoned halfway down the mountain side of Panola, and the direction/way in which the vehicle was found very much seemed to indicate their having been met head on, by a vehicle coming up the one lane mountain road, that they were heading down...

Where the truck was abandoned, IMO, is indicative of this family having never, of their own free will, made it successfully down, and off of Panola Mountain..and in my most humble, yet strong opinion, I find it against all odds that this family of 3 abandoned their truck halfway down Panola mountain, in the awkward way in which it was found.. Then intentionally and willingly exited their vehicle from that point..entered into the mountainous terrain/forest..became lost and traveled up the entire one half remaining side of the mountain to the very top..

and then the family of 3 once at the top..then scaled down the entire opposite mountainside.. all the way to the very bottom.. and then once all 3 of them having succeeded at such a grand feat of scaling up one side of a mountain, and all the way back down the other side, once they're at the base near Smokestack..

It is then that they all 3 succumb to the elements and die there..

IMO AND in MOO, there is just absolutely zero chance of the above scenario having occurred.. Like I said if that truck had been found any where even near the vicinity of where their remains were found, there would be, IMO, a realistic possibility of the wandered into the terrain and died of exposure theory.. Imo if there was even the most slight indicator that this family successfully made it down, and off of Panola Mountain, then the realistic possibility would exist.. but not with what we know are the facts of the case in their truck located still on Panola Mountain, IMO.

All jmo, tho..

IMO this family never had the chance to intentionally, willfully, and successfully make it down, and off of Panola Mountain.

You are right, I don't have a reference for that. When OkieG and Mapman and several others, maybe mtrooper, were discussing it those were the coordinates that I came up with, based on everyones opinion. That location does lie directly at 2.7 miles from the truck. I've forgotten my other reasoning. :blushing:

It's all just my own opinion, fwiw. Except that the dirt road is there.

Oh, don't take it too hard, Inana. As you can see by my post above correcting an earlier post that was a total screw-up on my part, I misfire sometimes too, lol.

How long do you think it will take the medical examiner to identify all three family members?

Oh, don't take it too hard, Inana. As you can see by my post above correcting an earlier post that was a total screw-up on my part, I misfire sometimes too, lol.

Oh no, not taking hard. I really believe that is the place they were found. It's between Smokestake and Grassy Lake Hollers, south and upwards of where a dirt road dissects the creek. I guess we'll find out! No worries. :seeya:

How long do you think it will take the medical examiner to identify all three family members?

I'm guessing that if the ME had been able to identify the remains by dental records, we would've heard something by now. It's possible that no positive ID can be made until DNA testing is complete, and I honestly have no idea how long that might take.

Sorry, I meant to say *remains* because we don't exactly know if it is them or not.

I'm guessing that if the ME had been able to identify the remains by dental records, we would've heard something by now. It's possible that no positive ID can be made until DNA testing is complete, and I honestly have no idea how long that might take.

I am wondering if they have even looked at them yet, I hear they always run way behind. Should be pretty easy to see if the child's remains are missing the two front teeth. Which does not mean it is her but surely if the remains had the two front teeth they would have discounted her immediately.

Thank's SmoothOperator, I agree with your theory of a local, or a few of the locals, wanting to keep outsiders out, and for whatever reasons percieving the Jamison's as a threat to him/them, and his/their interests, perhaps even having a contact(s) from in/around Eufala, that would have filled him/them in on the reputation of the Jamison's. I wouldn't be surprised if K.B. the 'handyman' has ties very near the area the Jamison's were looking for property. From what I'm reading on topix, he was living not far from Panola mountain when the Jamison's disappeared. ( I know to take topix with a grain of salt and all, but there IS some posts with very interesting info. Just have to get past the b.s. to find it.)

Check out posts# 2395 and 2396

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/newalla-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p117

I'd even read the few pages preceding and after this one.

There's many other interesting posts scattered through out topix-land, makes for some interesting reading.

I would love to hear more of the several other motivating factors you think are important!

Yeah, there's no way an outsider would go unnoticed on Panola mountain and the surrounding areas, that's for sure. What you posted here, and the last paragraph, really sums up the thoughts I have about this case.

In speaking of possible motivating factors wrt the specific theory that the Jamison's were murdered by one or more people with direct ties to Panola Mountain.. For me there are several different ways/possibilities to look at, all depending on exactly "who" it is, that is responsible for their murders..

What I mean is, it depends on what scenario that I am looking at as to what each scenarios specific motivating factors are.. If we take the possibility of KB and look at what motivating factors would he have, the factors would be somewhat different from if we look at the scenario of it being a resident of Panola Mountain that does NOT have the very personal and direct ties to the Jamison's as KB would have..

And then the same goes for looking at the theory of it being a Panola resident whose MAIN motivator is to keep the Jamison family from moving onto the mountain and discovering certain activities that certain residents of the community have worked very hard to build up, keep confidential, etc<--- This scenario would again differ from the scenario of it being a resident or residents of the community whose MAIN motivator stemmed directly from the Jamison family, themselves.. This in speaking of their very much learning all of the very negative issues that were attributed to the Jamisons(ie. Demons, spirits, meth abuse, witchcraft, a lot of mental health instability, etc, etc, etc)..

So, when I said that there were several other motivating factors that were possibly at play as to why the Jamison's were murdered, this is what I meant.. Just off the top of my head I can break them down into three separate categories..each of which would have their own different motivating factors as to why this person/persons chose to murder this family..

1) Resident/Residents of the tight knit community on Panola mountain are responsible for the Jamison family's murders.
<<*with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being personal, with the Jamison family, themselves*>>

2) Resident/Residents of the tight knit community on Panola mountain are responsible for the Jamison's family murders.
<<*with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being these residents have something with which they feel it necessary to hide..this making the MAIN motivator NOT at all personal to the Jamison family, themselves*>>

3) KB being involved/responsible for the Jamison's family murders and his having direct ties to the small, tight knit community of Panola Mountain.
<<* with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being his personal beef with the Jamison's*>>

IMO those are the top three, off the top of my head..but IMO, with both #1 and/or #2 they do not have to be exclusive to one another.. Meaning, IMO, I definitely find it possible that there could be a combination of both that played a major role in the "why" the family was murdered..

Those responsible could definitely have something that they strongly wanted kept under wraps to any outsiders whatsoever.. Along with that, it could also be that they found out about all of the very negative issues associated with the Jamison family, personally... There for making the motivation just that much stronger to make the Jamison family "disappear"..and with the family gone, so too are the varying problems that certain residents were facing if the Jamisons moved onto Panola Mountain and into their very tight knit community that existed up there..

All Jmo.. But what I personally find to be most likely is that it is a combination of motivating factors(possibly #1, #2, #3, and/or † other issues as well to varying degrees †) that together presented a large enough, big enough, bad enough problem for a certain someone(or more than one person) that getting rid of this family was decided as their best avenue to take in solving that big enough, bad enough problem that they felt would come with the Jamison family living there on Panola mountain..

Again, all Jmo..and hopefully my overly wordy explanation is at least somewhat understandable:crazy:

† other issues as well †:
For a quick example throw into the mix the issue of Sherilyn's supposedly having gone on one of her spray painting sprees while up there on Panola mountain..IMO residents having seen her doing this could have just further solidified their making sure to get rid of this "problem" (ie. problem being the Jamison's moving onto Panola mountain)

I may be remembering wrong but, I believe your opinion of what happened to them is that they were lost in the woods and died from exposure. Well whats the likelihood that, a family, gets lost in the woods, dies from exposure and has their remains go unfound (for 4yrs), even by the S & R teams who searched that exact area 2 wks after their disappearance? Seems unlikely imo

About the same "likelihood " as little Jessica Lunsford being found within 150 yards from her home, where she was kidnapped. Massive search for three weeks before the killer confessed she was buried alive in a shallow grave in the yard. Happens waaaayyyy too many times, but it happens. :(

ETA: I have no idea how the Jamison's died up on that mountain, but I have .01% doubt that the bodies are the Jamison's.

The attached map is the usual topo map with a couple of different features. It includes the search area with the star, the property outline, and Inana's alternate location for the remains marked “ALT” with a yellow label. The alternate location is about 4/10 of a mile beyond the red ring and about 4 degrees to the east from the location of the truck. I'll keep both locations on the map until we learn the actual coordinates.

It might be of interest to some of you that the outer ring of the star search area includes about 1100 acres.

Attachments

• Jamison12-9.jpg
    Jamison12-9.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 84
I've been in deep thought after mapping the Jamisons' likely route to the mountain and seeing that route running right along Smokestack Hollow. Not even thinking of motive or method at the moment, only the place. If that hollow turns out to be the location of the remains, then it's not very far from one of the main roads on and off the mountain. Why choose that particular place to leave three bodies? According to Oriah:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7564907&postcount=611.

That part of Smokestack is a muddy mess of...everything. Mud, water, trash. I mean- things like empty bottles, wrappers etc. Not 'trashed'- but definitely there is/are humans who have been there. Unless a bear or two dragged a trash bag down (always a possibility, I guess.)

It seems like it was just a matter of time before someone finally stumbled across the remains, if they were in that area. If the Jamisons' killer(s) didn't care about their bodies being found, then why not leave them at the truck? If the killer(s) didn't want the bodies to be found, why not choose a more remote spot to hide them? Could the location of the remains tell us something about who killed the Jamisons?

I think a lifelong native of the area would be likely to know that mountain very well. Well enough to know the dirt roads snaking up and down and all around it and the hidey-holes and hidden places where few people ever venture, having explored, hunted, and hiked all over that mountain throughout his youth, as youngsters will do, and on into adulthood. Such a person might know of secret places where three bodies could be stashed away and never be found, or at least he would have chosen a much more remote area, far away from anywhere people might be likely to go.

A more recent resident of the area, someone who moved there from somewhere else, probably would not know those secret places. He'd learn the major dirt roads well enough to navigate his way on and off the mountain, and over time learn some of the lesser roads crisscrossing the area, but he would not know the place as well as a lifelong resident. I think such a person would want to dump the bodies as far away from his own residence as possible to draw suspicion away from himself, but would not want to go too deep into unfamiliar territory and risk getting lost or being seen with a truck full of victims.

If the Jamisons were murdered by someone from outside the area, I think such a person, not being familiar with that network of dirt roads, would most likely leave the mountain the same way he came in, dumping his victims on the way out before heading back to Eufaula or Bristow or Oklahoma City or wherever he came from.

Does any of that make sense to anyone but me?

Respectfully snipped:

If the Jamisons' killer(s) didn't care about their bodies being found, then why not leave them at the truck? If the killer(s) didn't want the bodies to be found, why not choose a more remote spot to hide them? Could the location of the remains tell us something about who killed the Jamisons?

It could also point to no other person being the killer. Exposure or murder/suicide.

If the Jamisons were murdered by someone from outside the area, I think such a person, not being familiar with that network of dirt roads, would most likely leave the mountain the same way he came in, dumping his victims on the way out before heading back to Eufaula or Bristow or Oklahoma City or wherever he came from.

Does any of that make sense to anyone but me?

I'm not sure that this would have very accessible from the road back.

I am also not too sure of the route either the Jamisons or a possible perp took. Would the route you indicated involve them crossing over that stream with no bridge?

Respectfully snipped:

It could also point to no other person being the killer. Exposure or murder/suicide.

I'm not sure that this would have very accessible from the road back.

I am also not too sure of the route either the Jamisons or a possible perp took. Would the route you indicated involve them crossing over that stream with no bridge?

Well, yes, I know opinions vary on what happened to the Jamisons, but that is some serious terrain to be traveling that far on foot. I do believe they were murdered.

I'm not sure where the northern boundary of Smokestack Hollow is, but there is a no-bridge crossing up there near the county line. There are bridgeless crossings all over that mountain. Was their truck a 4-wheel drive?

In speaking of possible motivating factors wrt the specific theory that the Jamison's were murdered by one or more people with direct ties to Panola Mountain.. For me there are several different ways/possibilities to look at, all depending on exactly "who" it is, that is responsible for their murders..

What I mean is, it depends on what scenario that I am looking at as to what each scenarios specific motivating factors are.. If we take the possibility of KB and look at what motivating factors would he have, the factors would be somewhat different from if we look at the scenario of it being a resident of Panola Mountain that does NOT have the very personal and direct ties to the Jamison's as KB would have..

And then the same goes for looking at the theory of it being a Panola resident whose MAIN motivator is to keep the Jamison family from moving onto the mountain and discovering certain activities that certain residents of the community have worked very hard to build up, keep confidential, etc<--- This scenario would again differ from the scenario of it being a resident or residents of the community whose MAIN motivator stemmed directly from the Jamison family, themselves.. This in speaking of their very much learning all of the very negative issues that were attributed to the Jamisons(ie. Demons, spirits, meth abuse, witchcraft, a lot of mental health instability, etc, etc, etc)..

So, when I said that there were several other motivating factors that were possibly at play as to why the Jamison's were murdered, this is what I meant.. Just off the top of my head I can break them down into three separate categories..each of which would have their own different motivating factors as to why this person/persons chose to murder this family..

1) Resident/Residents of the tight knit community on Panola mountain are responsible for the Jamison family's murders.
<<*with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being personal, with the Jamison family, themselves*>>

2) Resident/Residents of the tight knit community on Panola mountain are responsible for the Jamison's family murders.
<<*with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being these residents have something with which they feel it necessary to hide..this making the MAIN motivator NOT at all personal to the Jamison family, themselves*>>

3) KB being involved/responsible for the Jamison's family murders and his having direct ties to the small, tight knit community of Panola Mountain.
<<* with the caveat of the MAIN MOTIVATOR being his personal beef with the Jamison's*>>

IMO those are the top three, off the top of my head..but IMO, with both #1 and/or #2 they do not have to be exclusive to one another.. Meaning, IMO, I definitely find it possible that there could be a combination of both that played a major role in the "why" the family was murdered..

Those responsible could definitely have something that they strongly wanted kept under wraps to any outsiders whatsoever.. Along with that, it could also be that they found out about all of the very negative issues associated with the Jamison family, personally... There for making the motivation just that much stronger to make the Jamison family "disappear"..and with the family gone, so too are the varying problems that certain residents were facing if the Jamisons moved onto Panola Mountain and into their very tight knit community that existed up there..

All Jmo.. But what I personally find to be most likely is that it is a combination of motivating factors(possibly #1, #2, #3, and/or &#8224; other issues as well to varying degrees &#8224;) that together presented a large enough, big enough, bad enough problem for a certain someone(or more than one person) that getting rid of this family was decided as their best avenue to take in solving that big enough, bad enough problem that they felt would come with the Jamison family living there on Panola mountain..

Again, all Jmo..and hopefully my overly wordy explanation is at least somewhat understandable:crazy:

&#8224; other issues as well &#8224;:
For a quick example throw into the mix the issue of Sherilyn's supposedly having gone on one of her spray painting sprees while up there on Panola mountain..IMO residents having seen her doing this could have just further solidified their making sure to get rid of this "problem" (ie. problem being the Jamison's moving onto Panola mountain)

SmoothOperator, thank's for breaking down the various scenarios and motives that someone(s) living on Panola mountain would have for taking such extreme measures to remove what certain residents would have felt was a serious enough threat to their interests, whatever those might be, that the person or persons responsible for the Jamison's murders felt justified in resorting to killing this family. I too believe there was a combination of motivating factors involved, and I agree with with the scenarios and theories you put forth. I had wondered if Sherrilyn was seen spray painting up there too, further angering certain residents who would have been motivated enough to permanently remove the threat the Jamison's represented to them.

If this is what happened to the Jamison's, I wonder what the other people living there think, or may have heard, and/or suspect themselves. I believe that the Jamison's were killed very shortly after being forced to abandon their truck, probably right where they were found. I also agree that KB didn't necessarily have to be involved, but think it interesting he was living not far from there when the Jamison's disappeared.

I can only hope that whatever happened to the Jamison's happened quickly. It's a very cold and heartless thing to murder anyone, but to murder a family which included a six year old little girl is just downright evil. It seems that whoever was responsible didn't want them found, at least not quickly, but didn't care enough to hide them in an even more remote location. I wonder if whoever is responsible fears getting caught since the remains have been found. Or do they think they are safe in the knowledge that they won't ever be held responsible?

I think this case is solvable. I hope that LE will take this case seriously, and whoever killed the Jamison's be held to answer for these murders.

I may be remembering wrong but, I believe your opinion of what happened to them is that they were lost in the woods and died from exposure. Well whats the likelihood that, a family, gets lost in the woods, dies from exposure and has their remains go unfound (for 4yrs), even by the S & R teams who searched that exact area 2 wks after their disappearance? Seems unlikely imo
Unfortunately that kind of thing happens all the time with missing people. :( Sometimes the searchers are very close to the remains but just not close enough (e.g., Chandra Levy).

The Websleuths user MTRTA Search Manager, on the Brandon Swanson board, had this to say:

"In Lost Person Behavior by Robert Koester, he describes that, in the vast majority of failed searches, Search Managers did not search beyond the median statistical distance. By definition, these searches have a 50:50 chance of failing."

I looked up the formula. Searching in just a 3 mile radius from the truck would mean searching 28.26 square miles. Searching in a 5 mile radius would be 78.5 square miles. You get the picture... a staggering proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3