OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...the dried flower found with Madyson's remains is just heartbreaking to think of, but makes me feel like they did set out for a walk and somehow ended up lost or disoriented.

The "fragment of a flexible material with a cloth material on one side" is interesting. Wonder what that could be...I also wonder if there were things found that LE hasn't told us about. Just seems odd that those were the only items though I guess animals could've carried things away. I sure wish they'd release pictures of that fragment they found, maybe add to NAMUS?

The Jamisons' profiles are no longer active on NamUs, now that they've been positively ID'd.

So I just went to pull up their cases on NAMUS to see if/how it been updated and I get the following message:

Permission Error - Case Access Denied
The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.

Does that usually happen if a case is removed or closed? I've not seen it before.

I too just heard this and agree, we probably will never know. All 3 dead and together just sets off my hinky meter. They may have gotten lost and if something happened to the little one, then maybe they did just lay down and give up. But I know here in Texas there aren't many nights when one would die from the cold. I'm just not buying that one. And why didn't the searchers smell anything?

We know for sure they are dead now, but still lots of questions. That we may not ever know the answers to. Sad.

I too just heard this and agree, we probably will never know. All 3 dead and together just sets off my hinky meter. They may have gotten lost and if something happened to the little one, then maybe they did just lay down and give up. But I know here in Texas there aren't many nights when one would die from the cold. I'm just not buying that one. And why didn't the searchers smell anything?

We know for sure they are dead now, but still lots of questions. That we may not ever know the answers to. Sad.
The terrain is mountainous so not like Texas or even other parts of Oklahoma. It had rained the night before and the skies were overcast. There was a north wind (stronger up higher) of 12 mph in McAlester, OK and the temps dipped lower than 43 degrees. Certainly was cold enough for hypothermia without proper gear and wearing lightweight clothing.

When did searchers get near the bodies? They were eventually found by hunters.

I keep going back to the fact that the puppy, in the truck, was found alive. He or she drank water which was melted ice in a cooler and a bag of hot dogs. Thus, it seems that if the Jamisons had simply stayed closer to their truck and their little puppy, they too would have had some shelter, food and water IF there was some reason they couldn't drive out.. such as an illness which hit them or eating a poisonous substance which caused the parents to be too ill to drive for a period of hours.

It seems so unfair that a little puppy was able to survive on instincts but two adults nearby ( we think) were not able to utilize the same self- resources.

A couple of thing to remember about medical terminology- a " disease" may cover a lot of things, such as a complete psychotic break ( a mental disease or disorder), and chronic drug use may also be classified as the disease of addiction ( his pain medications for back problems).
I do not know if either factor was involved, but there is anecdotal hearsay in earlier threads here that either or both could have been factors. None of us are perfect, and if we happened to die in a less than ideal circumstance, certain terminology might be used--- and misunderstood..

I keep going back to the fact that the puppy, in the truck, was found alive. He or she drank water which was melted ice in a cooler and a bag of hot dogs. Thus, it seems that if the Jamisons had simply stayed closer to their truck and their little puppy, they too would have had some shelter, food and water IF there was some reason they couldn't drive out.. such as an illness which hit them or eating a poisonous substance which caused the parents to be too ill to drive for a period of hours.

It seems so unfair that a little puppy was able to survive on instincts but two adults nearby ( we think) were not able to utilize the same self- resources.
Wandering around in the woods seems like an innocent action until you get lost and everything gets turned around. There are experienced hikers who have done the same thing with bad outcomes. People have to respect the wilderness and the dangers.

"Shoes that apparently belonged to the couple and child were recovered. A dried flower was found with Madyson's effects, and with Bobby's effects "a fragment of a flexible material with a cloth material on one side" was found, the report said."

How in the heck did they find a dried flower with little Madyson's remains if all had been scattered by wildlife? This makes zero sense, and sounds more like something made up, but for what reason?

"Shoes that apparently belonged to the couple and child were recovered. A dried flower was found with Madyson's effects, and with Bobby's effects "a fragment of a flexible material with a cloth material on one side" was found, the report said."

How in the heck did they find a dried flower with little Madyson's remains if all had been scattered by wildlife? This makes zero sense, and sounds more like something made up, but for what reason?
"Effects" could mean other clothing not mentioned and it was in a pocket or pieces of her hair entwined with a flower maybe?

What kind of dried flower was found with Madyson? If it was native to the terrain, then I think their deaths were accidental. If it wasn't (say a rose), it could've been left there at a later time by a remorseful killer. Does anyone know what kind of flower it was?

As far as the piece of material found with Bobby, I'm thinking a piece of a back brace or back support.

As far as the piece of material found with Bobby, I'm thinking a piece of a back brace or back support.

I wear a Knight-Taylor back brace, and earlier wore a sacro-lumbar support. Both have about quarter inch thick, inch wide, steel stay in them. It would, even if rusted and broken, would be instantly apparent.

Googled "flexible material with cloth on one side," and duct tape popped up on a few of them. Hmmm.

I have not heard once in the forums, etc. that Bobby or Sherilynn were low functioning or of low intelligence. They may have had some drug problems or mental illness, but that definitely doesn't equal low intelligence. In my opinion, they were both intelligent enough to keep their baby girl warm and find their way out of the woods even "if" they did get lost for one night.

I have not heard once in the forums, etc. that Bobby or Sherilynn were low functioning or of low intelligence. They may have had some drug problems or mental illness, but that definitely doesn't equal low intelligence. In my opinion, they were both intelligent enough to keep their baby girl warm and find their way out of the woods even "if" they did get lost for one night.
Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Even serious mental illness, if treated adequately, allows a person to function reasonably well.

Respectfully, I think it's a disservice to imply that anyone that dies of exposure because they were lost in the woods is not intelligent. Many reasonably intelligent people have succumbed to the elements after being lost. Bobby & Sherilynn are no exception. It doesn't take much to die of hypothermia, and they absolutely could have been out there more than one night if they were hopelessly lost. When lost in the wilderness, I would say that survival training and a bit of luck are bigger factors than anyone's intelligence.

Thanks for posting this article.
It was kind of surprising to see the age progressed photo used for Madyson but it was very uplifting to have Mazzy attend the funeral service.
RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member