OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to square one?
I originally thought they fell down a mine shaft, cave, hole where they were overcome by some toxic fumes or off a cliff.

To me, the dog in the truck could mean they met a person as they were leaving and went with him in his vehicle to make the final deal for the sale of the land with the money they had in the satchel.

I seem to remember a dog scenting near a water tower. I believe they could have been killed there and later dumped at the site where their remains were found.

Of the many fairly recent crime stories I've followed, this one's probably the least likely to be solved.

Of the many fairly recent crime stories I've followed, this one's probably the least likely to be solved.

Thanks for you encouragement. I mean MH370 is not looking so good. And then there is Jay, and why did he lie?

It's very interesting case,
I dont think it was some sort of accident, or voluntary disappearance.
If mother was depressed because of her sister's death, its possible that she was suicidal, but she had no reason really to take the rest of the family with her. They were looking forward to something, like to buy land, they had lots of money with them for a reason.

I think murder-suicide scenario is possible but i think not likely.
It doesn't look like they were robbed either since nothing was taken.Had $32.000 in car.
Looks like they were murdered.

The other possible scenarios like cults, witchcraft or even spirits, seem too bizarre.
Not sure what to make of it.

They weren't related to Survivor singer who also died recently, guess not.
I saw on twitter someone asked CBS 48 hours mystery- show to look into it, they said they will.

Sent via Tapatalk

Back to square one?
I originally thought they fell down a mine shaft, cave, hole where they were overcome by some toxic fumes or off a cliff.

To me, the dog in the truck could mean they met a person as they were leaving and went with him in his vehicle to make the final deal for the sale of the land with the money they had in the satchel.

I seem to remember a dog scenting near a water tower. I believe they could have been killed there and later dumped at the site where their remains were found.
"Back to square one" meant we are no closer now to having answers than we were 2 or even 5 years ago. We have positive ID, but nearly everything discussed still can't be determine 100% legit or ruled out. Obviously it eliminated a few theories (Mexican Mafia, mine shaft). Every theory has been discussed until there's nothing left to say and nothing is accomplished. Not complaining, because I believe we're the only ones doing any discussing on this case (LE stopped caring a long time ago, IMO).

Sadly, I agree. There's only 2 other cases I've followed closely that seem as unlikely. But at least it seems LE is still working on the Tara Grinstead case.

I, for one, haven't given up hope! The answer is still out there! We just haven't found it yet!

I will never believe they "just got lost" and died out there!! Never!!

I, for one, haven't given up hope! The answer is still out there! We just haven't found it yet!

I will never believe they "just got lost" and died out there!! Never!!
I believe this case is over. There are no missing pieces to find as the real truth was on that mountain and only existed between 3 people. There will be no grand finale coming or Perry Mason moment.

A mountain lion is possible, but here are my reasons I don't think it was a mountain lion:

#1 - As you stated, mountain lion attacks are rare, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America
#2 - It was a group of 3 people. I don't see any instance on that wiki article where 2 or more people were killed by a mountain lion at the same time.
#3 - A mountain lion attack doesn't explain what the family was doing so far away from their vehicle.
#4 - Not sure if mountain lions would leave evidence on the bones, but we never heard that was the case.

#3 here is what has me stumped. When I see this thread bumped up, I get excited, that something has broke. He, IIRC was on some heavy duty pain meds. WHY WERE THEY, so far from the truck?

Bumping this one for its seeming similarities (and differences too) with Adams-Jividen case in Kensai AK, which reached its denouement today.

Bumping this one for its seeming similarities (and differences too) with Adams-Jividen case in Kensai AK, which reached its denouement today.
I also thought of the Jamisons when I read that family may have been found.

One big difference to note is that there was no gun or any other weapon found with the Jamisons.

One big difference to note is that there was no gun or any other weapon found with the Jamisons.
Exactly why LE would consider the other case a Murder/Suicide and not this one. Nothing at the scene points to foul play including finding a weapon.

I don't have the heart anymore to check in here very often. It's just too sad to think we'll probably never see any further resolution to this tragedy.

The only thing I have left to add is expressing my gratitude to the loyal crew of stalwart sleuths who carried the torch from the very beginning. This case is where I really learned how to sleuth. After the remains were finally found, I went back to the initial post in Thread #1 and started reading all the way through. I sat at the feet of the masters and took notes. Lots and lots of notes. You guys are the ones I look up to, the ones who managed to dig up a such an astonishing amount of info in a case with very few clues, and who never gave up.

Even though you not only veered off topic occasionally, but once or twice even careened across four lanes of traffic, jumped the median and crashed into the ditch on the other side.

My sincere thanks to everyone who came along on this very long, very strange trip.

wfgodot, I swear sometimes I think deputies arrest one another from adjacent cells in Latimer Co.

Poor Madyson. She is never far from my mind. :(

This case had what could pass for everything: large amounts of cash money; documented mental illness; a desire to live off the grid; lawsuits; family stress; white supremacists; gunplay; meth abuse; the paranormal; colorful LE; possible grifters; paredolic interpretations; a tough little dog called Maisie; abandoned vehicles; spray-painting; and the disappearance and death a family of three.

What it lacks, and perhaps always will lack: a solution.

You said it all, Amen! I hope someday this case will reach a solution. Blessings to us all .........

Excuse me if this has already been brought up, I'm still reading through (currently@post983), but would it be a possibility that SJ was spray painting that truck and a local came upon them and saw her vandalizing the property, and this possibly led to an altercation? It seems that it might be hard to explain away having permission to be on the land if you're caught in the process of vandalism. IMOO. Time for me to get back to reading...

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

uploadfromtaptalk1432084103426.jpg This is probably not related in anyway what so ever, I just saw this picture on social media today and I was floored by how much this little girl looks like madyson and how much the man looks like Bobby. Woman looks nothing like sherilyn though. Also I looked and I saw an article from Tulsa world news or something saying the remains found have been positively ID'D as the Jamisons, however the medical examiner could not determine a cause of death... I'll edit to add link to article in a minute. I just hadn't seen anything on here about the remains being identified.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/state/...42d-69b5-5d66-a6f7-4bb7f5ca4551.html?mode=jqm

I still strongly suspect flat out murder. If it was a suicide/murder scenario (i.e. a fatal overdose of all 3 so no weapon would be found) why take all that cash with you, why take the dog with you, and why not dispense with the dog in some fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro