OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that exact same thing this afternoon about the Joe Neff case similarities, Sillybilly.....

The "brown leather briefcase" is really bugging me. Am wondering which day it was seen on tape being put in the truck .. the first or second day they went to look at property. The briefcase seems key to me because it has not been located, and IIRC, there was a receipt from Poteau but we don't know which day it was for. Somehow Poteau factors into their last 2 days, but we still don't know why or how.

No answers, just more questions :(

Mtrooper (or anyone!)

Has anything definitely been established about the above referenced receipt from Poteau? I tried to find it earlier on the thread but couldn't locate it. The similarities here to the Joe Neff murder just seem to hard to ignore. I know it's been mentioned before but I was just wondering. Thanks!

OT ...Glad to see you're back wfgodot! Those tornadoes didn't blow you away??

OT ...Glad to see you're back wfgodot! Those tornadoes didn't blow you away??

Thanks! No, they missed my corner, though one "tornado vortex signature" cell whizzed past about five miles north of me. No damage in extreme NE OK though. Last year, the tornado sirens only went off twice, no worries, I grew up in Kansas, etc. I've only seen one in my life, and I'd like to keep it that way.

No damages in the Wilburton - Red Oak - Eufaula - Muskogee area that I've heard of, to keep this on topic, lol.

Thanks! No, they missed my corner, though one "tornado vortex signature" cell whizzed past about five miles north of me. No damage in extreme NE OK though. Last year, the tornado sirens only went off twice, no worries, I grew up in Kansas, etc. I've only seen one in my life, and I'd like to keep it that way.

No damages in the Wilburton - Red Oak - Eufaula - Muskogee area that I've heard of, to keep this on topic, lol.
one more small OT, if I may....
Glad to hear that your location -- "hither, thither and yon" ....didn't become a literal location! ;)

Could the Jamisons and Neff have used the same bank?

Could the Jamisons and Neff have used the same bank?

While I'm almost certain that at least Mr. Neff also banked via more traditional means, we do know that both he and the Jamisons had safes in their homes and, in them, apparently kept large amounts of cash on hand.

The bank bag containing the $32,000 found in the Jamisons's truck was from NationsBank.

While I'm almost certain that at least Mr. Neff also banked via more traditional means, we do know that both he and the Jamisons had safes in their homes and, in them, apparently kept large amounts of cash on hand.

The bank bag containing the $32,000 found in the Jamisons's truck was from NationsBank.

I'm contacting Marie, Joe Neff's daughter, to see if he had an account with Nation's Bank or some kind of relationship with that bank. Will see if there's some sort of tie in between the two when I hear back.

Mtrooper (or anyone!)

Has anything definitely been established about the above referenced receipt from Poteau? I tried to find it earlier on the thread but couldn't locate it. The similarities here to the Joe Neff murder just seem to hard to ignore. I know it's been mentioned before but I was just wondering. Thanks!

was from Mtrooper's post 73:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OK OK- Jamison Family Missing; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned #3

Interesting connection re the safes wfg !!

How and why does someone have a "bank bag"? I thought they were for customers/businesses to make deposits outside normal banking hours.

Interesting connection re the safes wfg !!

How and why does someone have a "bank bag"? I thought they were for customers/businesses to make deposits outside normal banking hours.

Generally they are, but if one does business regularly with a bank - conducts several transactions weekly or, say, has a goodly amount of money on account and/or takes away a large amount of $$$ in cash from the premises - banks will give them as a courtesy.

Why on earth didn't LE release a picture of that briefcase last fall ... it's the one very important item people should have been looking for. Arghhhh !!!

You said it, sillybilly! That and what happened to the .22 which I believe I read was missing also. I'm also having trouble with the Jamisons wanting to get far, far away, and yet stay in their home state. Huh? If they felt they were in danger, they could've moved to California or Maine or anywhere out of state. I guess it all depends on whether the danger was logically based or some paranoid ideation.

I can understand Bobby wanting to be in charge of the money since people with Bipolar can spend thousands upon thousands of dollars when in a manic state, but to leave $32,000 behind? That one throws me for a loop too. Either they were accosted by persons up to no good, and left that money there, hoping they could get themselves out of whatever jam they might have gotten themselves into, get back to their truck and leave or else they were riddled by anxiety when they left, forgot the money, and couldn't or wouldn't risk going back to get it.
From what mtrooper said, it sure doesn't sound like Sherilyn knew that money was there since Bobby kept it there to keep her from spending it.

There are so many possibilities of what could've possibly happened to the Jamisons, and I can't help but wonder if that potential neighbor didn't want any new neighbors. I would expect though that LCSO has paid that person repeated visits.

Another thing that bugs me is that the neighbor heard no other vehicle come or go from the location of where the Jamison's truck was found.
I also would imagine the neighbor had a dog or two as an alarm system so even if the Jamisons were up there, and left late, late, at night, that person's dogs would've barked, and awakened him. I guess that all would depend though on the neighbor's location. If he was farther up the mountain from where the truck was found, maybe his dogs, if he had them, wouldn't have barked. Dogs will make noise, but usually only if that noise is close enough for them to feel threatened.

I wonder too if there'd been any serious criminal activity reported to LCSO in that specific area prior to the Jamisons going missing. Sometimes other crimes can predate a more serious crime within a matter of a week or so.

Just as the Sheriff said, ordinarily some leads will be abandoned as another lead develops, but in this case nothing's developed. It makes the possibility that the Jamisons disappeared voluntarily more likely which legally, they can do since they were both adults, and had custody of Madyson. No crime there. It sure doesn't sound like that's what happened though because Bobby's mom was close enough to Bobby to know he kept the large sum of money under the driver's seat of his truck according to mtrooper. So it would seem if Bobby and family disappeared voluntarily, he would eventually let his mother know. Maybe not right away, but within a reasonable amount of time. But who knows? People do strange things every day. M. Uphoff and
J. Rains disappeared for 40 years. Their parents died, siblings died, their children grew up without them, and not once did they ever call home. One of our own websleuthers was responsible in helping to bring that saga to a close.

At some point LCSO has to weigh the funds they put into the search for the Jamisons. I would hope the answer can be found before they reach that point. There's a huge difference between this case and the disappearance of M. U. and J. R. People in their town heard they took off together, and that is exactly what happened. That is not what we have here with the Jamisons. I would think if they disappeared voluntarily, the person or persons they were closest to, likely not their parents, but their closest friend/s would have some inkling toward that being the case. If not, then we absolutely can't dismiss that they may have met with foul play.

Great thoughts, jt!

I don't think it was about the money. If it was, the money wouldn't have been in the truck.

As far as we know, Bobby and his mother were(are) the only ones who knew where the money was.

Where is that money now????

I have read that Oklahoma is a hot area for "human trafficking."

I'm contacting Marie, Joe Neff's daughter, to see if he had an account with Nation's Bank or some kind of relationship with that bank. Will see if there's some sort of tie in between the two when I hear back.

I did hear back from Marie and it looks like that idea is a bust, unfortunately.
She said Joe had no accounts at Nations Bank as the closest one is located 30 miles away......so much for that idea....

I haven't read anywhere, how Starlet felt about Sherrilynn. Did they get along?

We all know how Bob Dean felt about her!

Sorry for all the questions, but, we need answers!

Bobby and Sherrilynn were going to sue the Eufaula School district for some reason. Does anyone know why?

I did hear back from Marie and it looks like that idea is a bust, unfortunately.
She said Joe had no accounts at Nations Bank as the closest one is located 30 miles away......so much for that idea....

Thanks, Blondie.

The Jamison's were 30 some miles away from home, IIRC.

I have read that Oklahoma is a hot area for "human trafficking."

I have no idea why, since I don't much worry overmuch about "human trafficking," feeling that it's basically a headline-grabbing, attention-seeking media concept which mainly functions either to hook viewership or to increase page visits but not much practiced in real life, but from the first of this case I've considered seriously the idea that the child had been sold, either by the parents or by the kidnapper-killers, whatever might be the case.

Actually, I might put that idea in a "dreams, visions" thread, if we had one, lol.

I have no idea why, since I don't much worry overmuch about "human trafficking," feeling that it's basically a headline-grabbing, attention-seeking media concept which mainly functions either to hook viewership or to increase page visits but not much practiced in real life, but from the first of this case I've considered seriously the idea that the child had been sold, either by the parents or by the kidnapper-killers, whatever might be the case.

Actually, I might put that idea in a "dreams, visions" thread, if we had one, lol.

:waitasec: lol, wfg, I really did ask again about having a "dreams,visions" thread!!!! Honestly, I did!!!! I will ask another admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l