OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds exciting!!! Wish I could turn into Wonder Woman and fly myself out there!

Keep us posted. Congrats, on the "new" mom!

This question is for anyone who lives in Oklahoma. Is there a town named Enterprise, in Oklahoma, or is it some type of business development?

This question is for anyone who lives in Oklahoma. Is there a town named Enterprise, in Oklahoma, or is it some type of business development?

It's a tiny place about 20 miles east-southeast of Eufaula on Hwy 9, across two branches of the lake, at the intersection of Hwy 71. Never heard of it, and "town" might be an overstatement as it appears to be an unincorporated area - "wide spot in the road" would be a good description.

It's a tiny place about 20 miles east-southeast of Eufaula on Hwy 9, across two branches of the lake, at the intersection of Hwy 71. Never heard of it, and "town" might be an overstatement as it appears to be an unincorporated area - "wide spot in the road" would be a good description.

Thanks, wfg.

The elder Jamisons owned or leased property at Enterprise. I always thought it was an oil lease they shared together.

Thanks, wfg.

The elder Jamisons owned or leased property at Enterprise. I always thought it was an oil lease they shared together.

The little place appears to be either in Pittsburg or Haskell County, but I couldn't find it listed in their Wiki entries and I can find no indication of its population.

The little place appears to be either in Pittsburg or Haskell County, but I couldn't find it listed in their Wiki entries and I can find no indication of its population.

It's Haskell county, wfg.

Oh, and I checked the house very carefully, and I found no signs of drugs. I looked behind pictures, in toilet tanks, in and behind and under dresser drawers, in light fixtures, in couch cushions, just about every where I could think. I don't think drugs were involved.

I wish I could agree, and I don't mean to be contrary to the prevailing opinion of two WebSleuthers who have done their absolute most to get to the bottom of this tragic case - mtrooper & nshenhold, your work and caring have been extraordinary. If I ever disappear, I could ask nothing more than for two people of your quality to care enough about me to look into matters. To me, this is why we have a WebSleuths; and this is why we have best friends.

However, to me, it goes against logic not to consider the possibility of a drug angle. It doesn't have to be the primary reason they disappeared; I see it more as having laid the groundwork - to have made them more susceptible - to disappearing, either through the agency of others, or through their own desire to get away from things. While there may have been no apparent physical traces of drugs in the Eufaula home, the following elements of the case, taken together, seem to me to speak of drug involvement:

* $32,000 in cash stored in a truck and carried into - and left behind in - the rugged Sans Bois range (along with Maizy the dog).
* The missing briefcase, which Sheriff Beauchamp believes could possibly have contained more cash.
* The very desire to get away from civilization at all costs.
* The behavior of the couple: talk of evil spirits, visible ones; Bobby's having resorted to reading the (so-called) Satanic Bible in order to deal with the spirits, and inquiring about "special bullets" with which to fight them; Sherilyn's belief that she had to power "to cast out demons"; their paranoia, which the sheriff (a former drug officer) said seemed to indicate drug usage; the videos, in which the couple would "stop and stare" and move in "trance-like motions."
* Sherilyn's mother's indicating that she had seen a change to the "very illogical" in her daughter's behavior, and the apparent mood swings in Sherilyn's relationship with Bobby.
* LE's opinion that the Jamisons seemed to be a family of lawsuit-filing "scammers."
* Their apparent financial trouble, despite the fact of the large insurance settlement and the thousands in cash on hand.
* The indication that Bobby's father may have abused methamphetamine, establishing a history of drug abuse in the family.
* Sherilyn's purchase of the gun, which she apparently used to draw down on an acquaintence.
* Their obsession with death - according to Sheriff Beauchamp.

Taken separately, none of these ingredients have to mean there's a drug element in the case:

* The adoption of fundamentalist religious beliefs could yield a predilection to identifying "evil spirts" and "casting out demons." It may seem bizarre to some, but these beliefs are long-held by many.
* Mental illness could produce mood-swings, illogical and repetitive behaviors, and paranoia; the Jamisons could have been victims of a folie à deux, in which the irrationality of one person will affect a significant other, causing him or her to behave in a like manner.
* Many people want to live a life apart from any trace of civilization.
* Some people don't trust banks and keep large amounts of cash on hand.
* The cash on hand may have been meant to fund a land purchase in the Sans Bois.
* Even people with money can have financial problems.
* There's nothing wrong with filing lawsuits if one feels aggrieved.
* We can neither choose our family members, nor ultimately dictate to them correct behaviors.
* A whole lot of Oklahomans do own weapons, and not just for show.
* Death is a legitimately fascinating subject.

But, taken together, and with a large emphasis on the paranoia, the mood swings, the death obsession - a chief cause of mental illness can be drug usage - and the large amount of cash money on hand, I just don't see any logical manner to explain all of this away. I believe that the possibility of drug involvement must be taken into close consideration, as it would seem to fit a pattern and thus might provide clues as to why the Jamisons are gone, whether of their own volition, or against their will, at the hands of others. [Please note: I do not care one iota if drugs were involved, it doesn't lessen my desire to see this family found; it doesn't mean for a minute that anyone should care less about the three Jamisons. Especially because there is a child involved, any judgement about the factors which may be involved in the case is made moot in light of her innocent victimization.]

No matter what the case may be, the Jamisons must be found.

-----

Much of the info above is gleaned from the 02 May 2010 Sunday Oklahoman article:
http://newsok.com/familys-fate-remains-mystery/article/3458228
and the information about lawsuits, also from the Oklahoman, same date:
http://newsok.com/eufaula-man-filed-lawsuit-against-father/article/3458229.
(This is published information from a legitimate source, but it does not, of course, mean that every word published must be accepted as the truth. Journalists are only as good as their sources, though their judgement of those sources is a hallmark of their professionality. One can either accept or not accept the information in the articles - though it has been reported by professionals and the source for it is law enforcement and public legal documents.)

So the enterprise is actually property in OKC that the Bobby Sr. owned and is leasing out to Enterprise...as in "we'll pick you up" people.

Ok now as far as all the other stuff.... There were receipts in the car that explain the $32,000 cash in the truck. But of all the things I did see, I didn't see the video...it was with the FBI. I am way more interested in the 850,000 reasons to make Madyson disappear than the drugs. I have to say the Sheriff knows A LOT about drugs, he has done some serious crack downs since he has been in office...So I would think that he knows his stuff. But like we have all stated before (including the sheriff) there were no signs of drugs in the truck or in the home. The only other solution that I can come up with is that he mixed his pain meds up and that is what had him in a trance...Sorry that's all I got. I also think that they really wanted to start a new life, for what ever reason. They were happy when they went missing, the lady that served them breakfast 2 days in a row said so, the lady who spoke to them about the property for 101 minutes the day they went missing said so, and the guy that saw them up on the mountain said so. They were looking into home schooling for Madyson, and were at least for that day seemingly wanting to star over in the simplest way they could think of.

ok, maybe I am not getting what you are trying to tell me.

The property called enterprise is a rental car business that sits on the Jamison's property in Oklahoma City OK. Enterprise pays rent to the Jamisons to use their property.

ok, maybe I am not getting what you are trying to tell me.

The property called enterprise is a rental car business that sits on the Jamison's property in Oklahoma City OK. Enterprise pays rent to the Jamisons to use their property.

I am just trying to figure out what "Enterprise" is. What ever it is, it's valued at $200,000.00, according to the Probate records.

I don't know, mtrooper. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, trying to make some sense on what happened to the Jamisons.

I was thinking about this family today, wondering if there was any news in their case. This is truly a mystery where in the world are they?

I was thinking about this family today, wondering if there was any news in their case. This is truly a mystery where in the world are they?

Good question. I'm prepared to trot out my little "this family disappeared of their own volition - they're voluntarily missing" theory, one which I've held (and abandoned!) about nine times already.

As mtrooper notes, "I also think that they really wanted to start a new life, for what ever reason. They were happy when they went missing" - and, while I know that's not an endorsement of "they left of their own accord," it certainly is, to me, a big clue. Maybe common sense says that they met their fate on the mountain, that it is difficult on one's own to disappear without a trace - but I've never been accused of having common sense.

And so to Occam's Razor, with which I've tried to cut into this case on several occasions and failed remarkably in making converts of the rest of the (absolutely terrific) posters on this thread. But what's the most direct line between their presence and their absence? As William of Ockham noted, "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - that's well beyond my ninth-grade Latin but the translation is, "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity."

It's hauntingly simple: the family were looking to live well-away from civilization, this we know; they were looking at living in isolation on rugged land in the Sans Bois. And they took it one step beyond.

At the very least this is a feel-good theory which posits they're still alive. Where? Those who have time-shares aren't restricted only to those outposts alone; in Mexico they may have learned of ways and means to escape their lives, and also figured out just where their escape might take them.

Or not. I welcome attack on my little theory as, without contraries, there is no progress.

I'm prepared to trot out my little "this family disappeared of their own volition - they're voluntarily missing" theory, one which I've held (and abandoned!) about nine times already.

If I were to set out to start a new life, I'd be sure to take what cash I could with me.

But I'm not them. Okay. If they had left all that money at home and disappeared of their own volition, that would be mighty strange. But, yes, possible.

However, they took the money with them!

For them to have taken the money with them, as they set out to disappear, and then to have left it in the truck -- that seems as close to impossible as things get.

If I were to set out to start a new life, I'd be sure to take what cash I could with me.

But I'm not them. Okay. If they had left all that money at home and disappeared of their own volition, that would be mighty strange. But, yes, possible.

However, they took the money with them!

For them to have taken the money with them, as they set out to disappear, and then to have left it in the truck -- that seems as close to impossible as things get.

I agree wholeheartedly. We both would take all the cash possible. (And we wouldn't leave Maizy the dog behind to die.) But I would think it's safe to assume that the Jamisons weren't operating on the save wavelength as most of the rest of us - not saying one is better than the other, just that people can be wired differently. Perhaps staging one's disappearance, to them, meant leaving behind elements which would cause us to say, "This can't be possible - no one would do it." As a briefcase also disappeared with them, I assume that it, too, was full of money, and that money - however much; perhaps the other half of the $64,000 insurance settlement, perhaps more - would be enough for them.

For now, I am going with the "abduction" theory. There is just no way a person would leave that amount of money behind. Unless, they were millionaires.

Maybe Sherilyn dropped the briefcase off at another location, before they went looking at land.

IMO, whoever would benefit the most from this family being gone would be the most likely person behind an abduction.

I also floated around the idea that locals near that plot of land may have gotten wind of the money somehow and this was a robbery gone wrong.

Because of the dog and money left behind I feel that voluntary abandonment is probably the least likely scenario.

I reserve the right to change my mind about this case, several times a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay