OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Kiln Wood!

I will answer #4 #5 and #12 right now, then have to run but will be back to answer several other questions later.

As for the search to be conducted- there has been quite a bit of turmoil in the SO since making public the proposed search. Make what you will of that. Also, the family/friends of the Jamisons initially seemed to desire help from professional SAR but do not seem to desire help from professional SAR now- although I will say that we have been out to the mountain despite those 'obstacles.'

As for #5... I have spoken with every vet I know ( about 15) and all agree that a shih tzu is VERY unlikely to survive for that period of time without food or water. There has been speculation that the Jamisons' dog ate hotdogs that were in a cooler in the front passenger wheelwell of the vehicle, and drank water from supposedly melted ice in the same cooler. I also spoke with every vet in the area and none had records on treating the Jamisons shih tzu for anything.

This is rumor as far as I can tell. I cannot find any fact that points to there being food, water, or dog waste being in the vehicle. That is going by initial LE reports, SAR briefings, and evidence photos.

As for #12- I'm not sure a fee basis is a legitimate basis for LE based profilers. LE is already aware of the situation. It is up to the local jurisdiction to request assistance from a cold case unit in an alternate LE agency, such as the FBI, which has profilers available at no cost (except for tax payers, of course.)
To the best of my knowledge, this specific action has not been taken.

But of course, all of this is MHOO.

HTH

I meant to attach to my post above the line, "And now Oriah and little726 will answer the rest of your questions!"

I'm surprised after all this time how little I know about this case. Vaguely depressing, in fact.

I meant to attach to my post above the line, "And now Oriah and little726 will answer the rest of your questions!"

I'm surprised after all this time how little I know about this case. Vaguely depressing, in fact.

Don't be too depressed, wfgodot. This case is frustrating and infuriating for many reasons- mostly because it makes it difficult to trust any information gathered whatsoever.

If it helps any, I still have hope. I am 100% convinced that the Jamison's were not abducted by aliens.

Where is the coverage and concern in this case? I just can't comprehend an entire family disappearing and the media doesn't follow up.

Welcome Kiln! Great first post and thoughtful questions.

Kinwood bringing up the chruch people reminded me that recently something has happened within the new chruch which caused some weird hostile takes-e-backs-e of the facebook page by the person who made it or ran it or whatever.

Kinwood bringing up the chruch people reminded me that recently something has happened within the new chruch which caused some weird hostile takes-e-backs-e of the facebook page by the person who made it or ran it or whatever.

Soul, are you referring to the 321 E. Coe Drive FB page? All I find on NS's page is more of the same.

Oh- and answering another couple of Kiln Woods questions: as to Sherilyn's son participating in searches- at one point early on it was rumored that a local working in a convenience store was handed a flyer with Madyson's picture on it. When the clerk asked the boy who handed the flyer over who it was, it was rumored that the boy said "my sister."

However, I believe this has also been rumored in several other cases so I have no idea if it is valid or not- or possibly even an urban myth. There has been no further discussion of Sherilyn's son because he was a minor at the time.

As for the locals vs part-timers vs transients on the mountain....well, I'll say this much- there are only a handful of year round folk. They do not wish to be made public, although I do know that one of them called the SO's repeatedly and left messages regarding the abandoned truck. This was not the same year round local that allegedly took the dog to care for before the dog went back to family.

As for part-timers, most are hunters.
As for transients, most are either growing maijuana, or making meth.

No WAY have they have all been questioned. Several of the fulltime locals were questioned. That's about it.

I should have added to the question about the mountain- there are oil trucks that travel up and down one road in particular with some regularity. The well on the property the Jamisons were looking at is decommissioned, but it would not surprise me if there were trucks up that way due to other active sites. There are many places on the road (the way 'up' the mountain is the best way I can describe it) where it is impossible to pass another vehicle without a great deal of care. There are also very few places to turn around, such as you would doing a 3-point turn. You would have to find a place to pull off to do so (such as a well site or open land parcel.)

And not sure if this is relevant or not, but where the Jamisons truck was allegedly found is a location where it would be easy enough for another vehicle to block access to the road if they were already heading out. Kwim? Don't be fooled by the pictures of the plateau-like appearance of where the well is located. The truck was not positioned in the middle of that area, but was pointed in the direction heading down the mountain, and at what I would call the 'mouth' of the parcel vs the road, if that makes any sense.
If another vehicle pulled up in front of the Jamisons truck in that position, they would have had to back up to allow for room to pass.
Am I making any sense?

Yes, oriah, you're definitely making sense! In going over the notes I took from various posts on all the threads, I see where I neglected to ask if you or anyone else ever were able to get the VIN from the abandoned truck (or is it trucks)? If so, does anyone here know if the person or company to whom the truck was last titled/registered has been checked out? There is one other question that I had wanted to ask, but I can't read my own writing!

THANK YOU to all who posted with answers to my various questions! I now have more clarity than I did before I posted, but I'm going to let the information I've received from all of you rattle around in my head for awhile before I draw any firm conclusions (if such a thing is possible).....

Let it rattle!
I would love to see a firm conclusion!

Yes, oriah, you're definitely making sense! In going over the notes I took from various posts on all the threads, I see where I neglected to ask if you or anyone else ever were able to get the VIN from the abandoned truck (or is it trucks)? If so, does anyone here know if the person or company to whom the truck was last titled/registered has been checked out? There is one other question that I had wanted to ask, but I can't read my own writing!

THANK YOU to all who posted with answers to my various questions! I now have more clarity than I did before I posted, but I'm going to let the information I've received from all of you rattle around in my head for awhile before I draw any firm conclusions (if such a thing is possible).....

Hi Kiln Wood. Yes I have the VIN from the abandoned truck, and ran it. I think there was some discussion awhile back about that. It appears to be unrelated to the Jamisons (with the exception of the spray painting, of course.)

I often wonder if Bobby Dale's fraud suit against his dad, is more involved?

Just touching base to give a sincere thank you to all who are either working on finding the Jamisons, or sharing info and ideas (or both...errrrrr...should that be "or all 3").

There is something so compelling about this family. I often wonder if we'll ever know what happened to them.

Just touching base to give a sincere thank you to all who are either working on finding the Jamisons, or sharing info and ideas (or both...errrrrr...should that be "or all 3").

There is something so compelling about this family. I often wonder if we'll ever know what happened to them.

You're right, Cazzie- a 'thank you' is definately in order! Group hug for the survivors of the Jamison thread!

I, too, wonder if we'll ever know what happened. It sure would be nice to find some actual hard evidence- not red tape, or paperwork, or rumor.... just a jacket, a shoe, a watch, something.... because something very odd occured on the mountain that week- and something very odd occurred in Eufala in the weeks and months prior to the Jamisons disappearance.

Where are you Bobby, Sherilyn, and Madyson??

Posted by Little did find this:

http://www.newsok.com/article/2235149

That article release date was published August 10, 1988.....good find though as it appears to be the same "company" in the current court case.....
Creole

P.S. Hopefully my use of colored text works correctly as I cannot figure out how to put something in a separate shaded box to offstand it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica1