Identified! OK - Kiowa County, WhtFem, 569UFOK, 18-29, Jul'05 - Rebecca Jean Boyd

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has she been considered? She first came to my attention a few days ago via the news report of deathrow inmate Chadrick Fulks. He finally gave a map (upon request by Monica Caison, founder of Community United Effort - Center for Missing Persons) to the body of Alice Donovan. He and Brandon Basham escaped from a Kentucky jail and went on multi-state a crime spree.

Samantha is thought to be one of their victims.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/burns_samantha.html

Attachments

• burns_samantha1.jpg
    burns_samantha1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 134
Just a note...best thing to do is, IMO, if you find someone you think 'might' be a match, post stats. Links do nothing but make us ALL go have to research what you have already researched (I hope) that initiated the post, right?

If you have a potential match, tell us why you think so, check this out.

Tips before submitting

1st steps...

1. Make sure not already ruled out/submitted.

2. Post up vital stats, all listed/poster info for UID and missing person side by side. (date missing/date found, height, weight, eyes, hair, circumstances, belongings, ect)

3. Line up pics side by side.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 11, 2002 from Huntington, West Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: April 21, 1983
Height and Weight: 5'4, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, hazel eyes. Burns's nicknames are Sam and Sammy. She has a chicken pox scar on the right side of her forehead and a tattoo of a butterfly on her lower back. Her ears and tongue are pierced.

Burns was last seen by her aunt at the Huntington Mall at 6:30 on the evening of November 11, 2002. She was wearing a fuzzy orange sweater over a tank top, low-cut rider jeans with flared legs, and light tan suede mule-type shoes at the time, and carried a leopard-print purse. She also wore diamond stud earrings and a heart-shaped gold ring with a diamond set in the center of the heart.
At 9:45 p.m. that evening, Burns used her cellular phone to call her mother and said had been visiting friends at Marshall University Court Yard Apartments but was coming home. Burns lived in East Hamlin, West Virginia. She never arrived there and has never been heard from again. The call to her mother was the last one Burns made on her phone. After her disappearance the phone was discovered to be turned off, which is uncharacteristic of Burns.
At 3:30 a.m. on November 12, Burns's 1999 burgundy Chevrolet Cavalier with a tiger sticker in the back window on the driver's side and a license plate numbered 5X9326 was found abandoned in Wayne County, West Virginia. The vehicle was discovered in a secluded area at German Ridge and Haneys Branch Roads, near the Cabell-Wayne county line. It had been set on fire; when the police found it, it was still burning. There was no sign of Burns near the vehicle.
Within a few days of Burns's disappearance, police identified two suspects named Chadwick E. Fulks, 25; and Branden L. Basham (sometimes called "L. Branden Basham"), 21. The two men escaped from Hopkins County Jail on November 4, a week before Burns's disappearance, and embarked on a multi-state crime spree. They were recaptured after Burns disappeared. Basham was indicted on unrelated charges of attempted murder, first-degree robbery, and persistent felony. Fulks was indicted for two unrelated counts of carjacking and one count of kidnapping.
Fulks and Basham are suspected in numerous car thefts in South Carolina and Kentucky, a burglary in South Carolina, and in the abductions of a Kentucky man who was able to get away from them, and Alice Donovan, who disappeared on November 14 in Conway, South Carolina. Basham has confessed to abducting Donovan, but says it was Fulks who raped, stabbed and strangled her. Donovan is still missing. Only her dark blue 1994 BMW 318i sedan has been located; it was found abandoned in Goshen, Indiana. She is presumed dead and Basham and Fulks are charged with carjacking resulting in death and kidnapping resulting in death in connection with her case; they could face the death penalty for the charges.
In June 2003, Basham and Fulks were also charged with carjacking resulting in death in Burns's case. Her body has not been found, but authorities believe they can prove the case with circumstantial evidence. The two men will be tried for Donovan's murder first, so it may be several years before the outcome of Burns's case is decided. They have also been charged with a number of other crimes relating to their actions after their escape.
At the time of her disappearance, Burns lived at home with her parents and fifteen-year-old brother. She was enrolled in Marshall's Community and Technical College, in the physical therapy assistant program. She also worked part time at a J.C. Penney department store in the Huntington Mall.
Burns remains missing. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance due to the circumstances involved.
Some reports state that Burns was last seen at the Marshall University Court Yard Apartments.

Attachments

• burns_samantha1.jpg
    burns_samantha1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 569UFOK.jpg
    569UFOK.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 93
Death Row Inmate Sends Detailed Map Leading to Body of His South Carolina Victim:

Monica Caison figured it was worth a shot, so she fired off a letter, a single paragraph, to the man on death row for kidnapping and killing Alice Donovan during a two-week, 2,300-mile crime spree.

"You say you want to do the right thing," wrote Caison, the founder of a group that searches for missing people. "I'm here and I'm listening."

She received Chadrick Fulks' reply two months later: a map, color photos of the area where he says he left Donovan's body six years ago, and instructions to look where searchers had not ventured before.

Donovan's daughter Angie Gilchrist was skeptical. This wasn't the first time Fulks and co-defendant Brandon Basham had sent people on fruitless searches for their victims' bodies.

... rest of story

Tammy Fafard was last seen around July 1, 1995. Her husband said she left the house without taking any belongings including no purse and no shoes. She has been an addict since 1990 and her children are all in foster care. She apparently had turned to prostitution as she and her husband were unemployed. They had domestic abuse issues.

24 yrs old
4'8 to 5'0 in height
90 to 100 lbs

I am drawn to her because of her size which would correspond to the "slight build" indicated by LE and the mouth which reminds me of the reconstruction.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hill_tammy.html[/quote]

I am curious to know if there was anything else found with the skull. Were there no other bones or clothing found? So little info to go on.

[/quote]

Tammy Fafard was last seen around July 1, 1995. Her husband said she left the house without taking any belongings including no purse and no shoes. She has been an addict since 1990 and her children are all in foster care. She apparently had turned to prostitution as she and her husband were unemployed. They had domestic abuse issues.

24 yrs old
4'8 to 5'0 in height
90 to 100 lbs

I am drawn to her because of her size which would correspond to the "slight build" indicated by LE and the mouth which reminds me of the reconstruction.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hill_tammy.html
[/quote]

I would definately submit that one...

I like Tammy too, and I think there are some good questions to ask her detectives-the dentals on the UID are pretty distinctive, so I wonder if they have dental films for Tammy and if they need DNA done or it is entered already into CODIS?? OSBI has the DNA entered for Little Lady, I see.

Does Tammy's location fall into the area where Pamela was found and Little Lady was discovered?

Lisa Stasi - DOE Case File 437DFKS

Lisa-Stasi.jpg

Missing since January 9, 1985 from Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 11, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: Lisa's ears are pierced.
AKA: Lisa Elledge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Serial murder suspect John Edward Robinson Sr. was the last person seen with Lisa Stasi and her five-month-old daughter, Tiffany Stasi. Lisa have been missing since 1985. She disappeared in January 1985 after Robinson reportedly helped the single mother move out of an area domestic violence shelter and gave her a job working for him. For a few months after her disappearance, the FBI probed allegations that Stasi had been taken across state lines for purposes of prostitution and information that her daughter Tiffany had been sold.

Stasi's family later received typewritten letters over her signature that said she was leaving Overland Park, Kansas with Tiffany and no longer wanted to be in touch with them. One of Stasi's relatives told a detective at the time that she was suspicious because Stasi could not type and the words did not sound like hers. The last known whereabouts of Stasi was an Olathe motel room where Robinson had arranged for them to stay three days before she was last seen. After she was reported missing, Robinson told authorities that he had found a letter from Stasi stating that she and the baby had gone to Denver. Robinson is also suspected in the disappearances of Paula Godfrey and Katherine Clampitt. Tiffany Stasi was found safe in 2000.

I like this one. Her cheekbones are slightly narrower than the recon, but otherwise, she is pretty close. Even though her mouth is closed in the photo, you can tell that her teeth are in disarray, and her upper lip is slightly indented right where the missing tooth would be.

I wonder if anyone ever submitted this.

I like this one. Her cheekbones are slightly narrower than the recon, but otherwise, she is pretty close. Even though her mouth is closed in the photo, you can tell that her teeth are in disarray, and her upper lip is slightly indented right where the missing tooth would be.

I wonder if anyone ever submitted this.

I went ahead and sent off an e-mail to Elizebeth Coldwell (NamUs Case manager)

I went ahead and sent off an e-mail to Elizebeth Coldwell (NamUs Case manager)

I received a reply, indicating that she has sent a request to the MP case manager to see if any DNA or Dental info is available for on Tammy Fafard.

updated rule out list...Tammy is not on it:

Gail Anderson 1975 Oklahoma
Gail Evonne Anderson 1975 Oklahoma
Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
Cheryl Ann Kenney 1960 Missouri
Kitty Simpson 1971 Oklahoma
Jennifer Wilkerson 1977 Texas
Jennifer Wilkerson 1977 Texas

I wonder if they are still considering the prositute murders angle now that the postmortem interval is ~ 20 years. The other nearby remains were located in 2003.

The new image on a side view with blonde hair looks very much like tammy.. ill be pretty shocked if its not a match

Date last modified December 05, 2014
https://identifyus.org/cases/7246

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

Gail Anderson 1975 Oklahoma
Gail Evonne Anderson 1975 Oklahoma
Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Deborah Lois Dean 1961 Missouri
Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Cheryl Ann Kenney 1960 Missouri
Kitty Simpson 1971 Oklahoma