Identified! OK - Kiowa County, WhtFem, 569UFOK, 18-29, Jul'05 - Rebecca Jean Boyd

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article doesn't link to a NAMUS account, but I'm pretty sure this is the same one, the details are the same as a link provided in this thread. 569UFOK (doenetwork.org)

OSBI Identifies 'Kiowa Jane Doe' 16 Years After Remains Found (newson6.com)

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced Tuesday that a skull found in Kiowa County in July of 2005, nicknamed "Kiowa Jane Doe," has been identified.

The OSBI identified the remains as Rebecca Jean Boyd, a mother of two, who was 29-years-old at the time of her disappearance.

According to the OSBI, Boyd was reported missing by her estranged husband on July 30, 2002.

On July 13, 2005, a Kiowa County farmer found a skull on his land and notified the local sheriff's office. It was determined that the remains were human and belonged to a female who was between 18 and 29-years-old at the time of her death. At the time, it was determined that they had been deceased between 3-20 years.

The news article doesn't link it to a NAMUS case, but the details look the same as 569UFOK (doenetwork.org) and the information on this thread.

OSBI Identifies 'Kiowa Jane Doe' 16 Years After Remains Found (newson6.com)

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced Tuesday that a skull found in Kiowa County in July of 2005, nicknamed "Kiowa Jane Doe," has been identified.

The OSBI identified the remains as Rebecca Jean Boyd, a mother of two, who was 29-years-old at the time of her disappearance.

According to the OSBI, Boyd was reported missing by her estranged husband on July 30, 2002.

On July 13, 2005, a Kiowa County farmer found a skull on his land and notified the local sheriff's office. It was determined that the remains were human and belonged to a female who was between 18 and 29-years-old at the time of her death. At the time, it was determined that they had been deceased between 3-20 years.

48281454_749677482072208_5399638721391755264_n.jpg
nkqtn86J9lfiAdHyUsaLK-apdreuJseprkAj0YBPR-sD10kVUgBZGztHOBKmldkZi105rA8_BJrgZAfBNGjVxgpHOZelh7b6rt5a
jwJ25hhbFqqE-FBBYoLlH-8shUFwk6V94qvFuvg6T2RYnWdruOKElfmRqYPTC9hPZabQTIfTteKcnsQHz6Ba-ke9TsSTVyBA2LOm
159706588_809741862953257_95492109999667583_n.jpg

Rest in peace, Rebecca Boyd.

Skull found in Kiowa County in 2005 identified 16 years later
SBM
“Kiowa Jane Doe has a name. She is Rebecca Jean Boyd and she has a family that loves and misses her,” said Ricky Adams, OSBI Director. “We are happy that Rebecca’s family has her back and can give her the proper burial that she deserves. Now our Cold Case Unit is going to determine how she ended up in that field and who is responsible.”
d8231fe0-1a1a-47b0-b7d6-2dde8d4a1e8e-medium16x9_REBECCAJEANBOYD.jpeg

Rebecca Jean Boyd was last seen July 27, 2002, arguing with a man at a gas station in Lawton, Oklahoma.

---

Via:
OK - OK - Comanche Co, Fem UP7810, 18-30, remains in Kings Rd, cranium suture, Jun'10
---
Rebecca has been ruled as being Comanche Jane Doe (2010) and while researching her, I came across a Facebook page for her. However, this is basically the only information I can find on her disappearance. It seems like LE took a formal missing person report, as the owner of the page mentions talking to a detective in the comments.

Not sure why the photo is broken.

I'm confused. If she was already ruled out as a match for a different jane doe, then her DNA was in the system. Why wasn't there any attempt to match her DNA to all the does in NAMUS?

So many family members looking for their missing family/friends get told by LE that if their DNA is in the database, it would be checked against any existing jane does. But I see so many cases like this one where both the dna of the missing person AND the Jane Doe were on file, but not checked against each other for whatever reason.

I truly feel that if there was a way to have it immediately referenced against all existing does with DNA in the NAMUS databases, that we would see a surprising number of identified Jane and John Does....

I'm confused. If she was already ruled out as a match for a different jane doe, then her DNA was in the system. Why wasn't there any attempt to match her DNA to all the does in NAMUS?

So many family members looking for their missing family/friends get told by LE that if their DNA is in the database, it would be checked against any existing jane does. But I see so many cases like this one where both the dna of the missing person AND the Jane Doe were on file, but not checked against each other for whatever reason.

I truly feel that if there was a way to have it immediately referenced against all existing does with DNA in the NAMUS databases, that we would see a surprising number of identified Jane and John Does....
i have noted this as well.

I would question when Rebecca was actually added to NamUs.

@carbuff listed the ruleouts for UP # 7810 on March 14, 2020 (post # 9)
OK - OK - Lawton, Kings Rd, UncFem 18-30, UP7810, cranium suture, PMI 10yrs, Jun'10

At that time, there was no MP# for Rebecca. Presumably, she hadn't been actually added to NamUs and it was likely a manual comparison, not necessarily run through CODIS.

And it was March 14, 2020 - when Covid was throwing the country (and the world) into panic and DNA processing, comparisons, etc slowed to a crawl. Even if Rebecca was added and assigned a MP# around that time, her DNA being added to CODIS and run through the system may have taken a significant amount of time.

(As an aside, I had a positive match several years ago where the DNA had to be retrieved from the skull and the MP's family. PSP, another state and NamUs involved. It took 19 months. And that was well before COVID.)

Attachments

• UP 7810 rule outs.JPG
    UP 7810 rule outs.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 10
Skull found in Kiowa County in 2005 identified 16 years later
SBM
“Kiowa Jane Doe has a name. She is Rebecca Jean Boyd and she has a family that loves and misses her,” said Ricky Adams, OSBI Director. “We are happy that Rebecca’s family has her back and can give her the proper burial that she deserves. Now our Cold Case Unit is going to determine how she ended up in that field and who is responsible.”
d8231fe0-1a1a-47b0-b7d6-2dde8d4a1e8e-medium16x9_REBECCAJEANBOYD.jpeg
I hope the search continues so that her killer can be found and her family can have closure. In 2009, her younger son and family members were inquiring on the case. At that time, they were trying to make sure his dna was in the system and available to be searched for a match. My prayers are for her sons and other family members.

Last edited:
569UFOK

Unidentified White Female
569UFOK.jpg

• The victim was discovered in July 2005 in Kiowa County, Oklahoma
    • Estimated Date of Death: 3 - 20 years prior to discovery
    • Partial Skull
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: Late teens to late 20s
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Small, sharp nose. Possibly small build.
    • Dentals: Her upper jaw indicated she had an overbite
Case History
A farmer discovered the skull nearly a quarter mile from where a prostitute’s body had been dumped two years earlier. That unsolved homicide is not linked to the truck stop prostitute cases.
I found this little lady on another page identified as Rebecca Walden Boyd. This thread gives more information. It makes me wonder if her killer left her remains in this location as a copy cat for the serial killer preying on women in the Cache Road area. Also in that rural location, he might have hoped that wild animals would destroy evidence on her remains. RIP Becca.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back