OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to catch up on this thread so please forgive me if this has been answered. One of the main theories I'm reading is that LE was involved. The one thing that stuck out is if LE was involved, wouldn't they have known Mr. Freeman was still in the home instead of saying Mrs. Freeman was the only body found in the home? They originally suspected Mr. Freeman. What am I missing? Seems plausible to miss a body under debris as I would imagine the standards in the 90s are not the same as they are today for searching/securing crime scenes.

I worked for LE in the late 90s in a civilian capacity and have the upmost respect for them but do know 1st hand how their are some (like in any profession) that are crooked.

...back to reading this thread...

Still trying to catch up on this thread so please forgive me if this has been answered. One of the main theories I'm reading is that LE was involved. The one thing that stuck out is if LE was involved, wouldn't they have known Mr. Freeman was still in the home instead of saying Mrs. Freeman was the only body found in the home? They originally suspected Mr. Freeman. What am I missing? Seems plausible to miss a body under debris as I would imagine the standards in the 90s are not the same as they are today for searching/securing crime scenes.

I worked for LE in the late 90s in a civilian capacity and have the upmost respect for them but do know 1st hand how their are some (like in any profession) that are crooked.

...back to reading this thread...

That is a good thought. If they were involved, why not make it look like Danny did it? That was a very quick conclusion to jump to...no one else was in the home. That he killed the wife and abducted the girls. To even come to that conclusion so quickly is sketchy to me. That's a lot of burnt material to sift in one day to start. Most likely still hot and maybe burning. My understanding was Lorene and her husband found Danny. LE didn't. So obviously, they made a very huge announcement and assumption about what occurred. And in pointing the finger to Danny, not securing the scene, they may have lost a trail. I have two questions...isn't it odd that one of few remaining/unburned items were the purse with the cash? Like it was placed as an after thought. And the next, like posted above....did they find weapons, guns, etc? Sure, $200 might have been left behind, but Lauria wasn't the target and it might not have been known she had the cash...but if the guns and other cash was gone, it well could have been a burglary/robbery situation. It just seems very sketchy LE jumped to some very wild conclusions about what happened, what didn't, and "who dunnit" before even scoring the location and properly investigating. IMOO.

So obviously, they made a very huge announcement and assumption about what occurred.

snip

Excellent post; yes, Lorene and Jay Bible indeed found Danny Freeman's body the next morning. But I'm not sure what sort of announcement (I mean to the public), if any, was made the day of the discovery of the crime itself -- whether that info was given to media in the area, and, if so, if it was published or broadcast. I lived in a town nearby and wasn't aware of the crime till later the second night. It's absolutely true, though, that LE's assumptions internally quite possibly affected solving this. Assuming LE wanted to solve this.

I'm a little late to the party but I feel that Jeremey Jones did not do it either. Given the fact he was reported arrested and the time of the fire there's no way of getting from Welch Ok (country) to SE Kansas mine shafts. I'm from NE Ok so I can tell you if you are just across the state line in Baxter Springs KS (which is an additional 15 minutes way from the alleged mine shaft where he dropped them in Galena KS) to Miami OK (where Jones was staying with his gf and later arrested. Here are the times tables, given it's been many years since I have driven to Welch but asked a friend who goes there all the time how long it takes)
The fire is reported at 5am, it's a trailer so it's expected to burn fast.
he gets around around 4am.

So starting from Welch to Miami is roughly 20 mins depending on the route the other one is greater.
Miami from the motel he was at to OK/KS state line around 30-35
State line to Galena and mineshafts add around 15-20 more minutes.
that one way trip is 75 minutes, and hour and 15 minutes.
add 45 minutes back to Miami and be able to get drunk and arrested for public drunkenness.

would put the around 2 hrs, give or take some time. There are plenty of back roads that could be taken to put the trip faster.

That would have to have Jones kill the parents take the kids, light the fire on or before 2 am. before getting arrested at 4am.

I have to believe that was the father's friend who killed a lady who and is in prison who has done this. It just doesn't make sense that a known convicted murderer, has a friend who he might have been in an argument with gets murdered and no one connects the dots. And when asked the OSBI said, "oh our bad he's convicted in KS so we didn't know". So it's obvious that when this case went cold they have never really went back and interviewed any associates ect because it's not that hard to track someone down to re-interview them if they need too. And OSBI was given this tip so obviously someone has been quiet about the probable connection for a while.

I used to believe that Jones had a partner in the crime that would Jones's timeline work with the fire. But he's so messed up he would've already rolled over on them for sure.

I also think it's strange that not too much detail on their last evening alive, besides the times that the BF went home has ever been made public. When did the other relatives leave? Who were they? As the previous person mentioned I cannot find too much about the BF besides the conflicting times that he left.

I do agree with the person who said the NE OK area is a methville. Case in point : a 16 yr old girl had her 39 boyfriend rob her own brother to buy meth and the guy actually shot him, so she set up a robbery that went to murder for 13 or so dollars to buy meth.

when I was researching this case I thought perhaps Freeman had walked up to a pop-up meth lab and the people freaked out. They said he was rumored to be a drug dealer and that's what got them killed. I do not know the area they lived, but with 40 acres of land perhaps he was in a grow business.

This case doesn't get a lot of press like should. 2 missing girls, 3 other family members murdered,a maybe corrupt sheriffs departments who shot the Freeman's son, threats of a civil suit, the nurse who helped the Freemans on the night of their son's death goes on a unaired pilot about what really happened to the Freemans, then the nurse gets shot, then the nurse's murderer gets killed by the same sheriffs departments who shot the Freeman's son, a convicted murderer friends with the dead family, a known serial killer in the same area and was said to have known them?
there's just too many twists for it not to be have interests.

And all this time the Bible's doesn't know what happen to her child and it's just so sad to see her posting about Ashley and Lauria.

Great post and I agree with you. I still don't think LE was directly involved but I am biased. They obviously did a very poor investigation and were quick to close it. As far as someone mentioning wether the bodies could have been cremated in the fire and its possible. Trailer fires burn extremely hot and fast. Id say they probably would have found something that indicated the girls were in the trailer but I don't think its completely out of the realm of possibilities, unlikely though. Mine shafts are notorious for dumping bodies and other stolen items. I have maps of mine shafts just in Newton and Jasper counties and they are everywhere. It would be very easy to pick one and dump. I do think that they will find the bones someday. Another issue though is all the clean up the EPA has done around the Picher area and in Cherokee county, a lot of shafts have been capped. Just another factor to complicate things.

The book is going to be called By the Dawns Early Light.

The author said it would take a few years until it would be released.

She just started her research.

I am so very glad that someone id writing a book on this case.

And im also glad that this story is finding its way around the world.

Anyone writing a book on this case should watch his or her back. It gets dark early in northeast Oklahoma.

It will soon -- in four days -- be 17 years; then 20; and then 25.

Little....less....nothing?

Does anyone who reads here think this case will ever be solved?

BBM It will take a huge break for it to be solved. But, that being said, much older cold-cases cases have been solved when that special break occurred. So, that is why we must never give up.

So sad that this case is still unsolved. I remember first seeing it on "Unsolved Mysteries". I pray these families get answers very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this case will eventually be solved.
So many other cold cases have been solved in the last few years.
I have hopes for this one as well.

I think this case will eventually be solved.
So many other cold cases have been solved in the last few years.
I have hopes for this one as well.

As long as there's no remains/confession, there is always hope. Such a simple word can mean so much for those with lost loved ones.
Something to hang on.

Age progressed photo of Lauria Bible
attachment.php

On the FB page, Find Lauria Bible, whose yard was dug up by a backhoe in 2016?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.15.26 PM.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 250
I'm repeating myself, but -- again -- does anyone foresee this case being solved?

I've lost faith I'll see it in my lifetime.

Though someone of course knows the answer, NE OK is a place of silence and shadows.

Someone needs to face down the fear. That's the only way of solving; the only road to salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member