OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember LE agencies searched several mine pits and mining areas around the Galena, KS. area on a tip they felt was valid, but never found anything. Some of those mine pits were pretty deep, and full of clutter. They may have looked in the right area, but just overlooked the spot based on the logistics and danger involved in trying to search debris and water filled mine pits and holes in the area.

I remember LE agencies searched several mine pits and mining areas around the Galena, KS. area on a tip they felt was valid, but never found anything. Some of those mine pits were pretty deep, and full of clutter. They may have looked in the right area, but just overlooked the spot based on the logistics and danger involved in trying to search debris and water filled mine pits and holes in the area.
This is the same issue they ran into searching the mine pit in Joplin years ago, for Tracy Pickett. They had what they felt was a valid tip, but it ended up being too hard to pump all the water out of the pit, and it was filled with debris that was too dangerous for the divers to be in they said.

The interesting part of that case is LE found the man who said he had dropped her off in front of a local Joplin pawn shop.....the guy drove a white van, was said to have had a gun on him the night he "Offered her a ride to Joplin from Webb City to get some of her clothes", and the guy was living in Oklahoma at the time of her disappearance. Crimes are probably not connected......but you never know.

http://murderpedia.org/male.J/j/jones-jeremy.htm
It is a lot of reading, but does anyone here have an opinion about whether this guy is involved?
Personally, I don't believe a thorough forensic examination of the crime scene was done, so how they would ever connect anyone? It isn't every arrested guy who knows about this cold case and confesses to it. I have never heard of him before that I recall.

First time poster here, I can't help but feel drugs were behind this terrible crime. I grew up and lived in Joplin, Mo. almost all my life. Around this time drugs became rampant in the tri-state area (Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma).

I don't think the girls were the focus of the crime. If they were, catch them out somewhere and do whatever. Why take out the parents? I think the girls were in the wrong place, wrong time. The father I think was the focus, the girls either ran out of the burning trailer or were forced out after the parents were killed.

Terribly, I think they became victims of opportunity, they were probably taken against their will, raped and killed. It sickens me to say it, but I believe that's what happened.

There are so many abandoned mine shafts around Joplin, Miami, Baxter Springs, you could hide a body and never be caught. God Bless these poor girls and their families. I personally don't think this will be solved unless someone confesses.

So after reading 46 pages of posts I am very surprised nobody asked the question.....Were the girls even at the home the time of the crimes? Also this case really screams LE/Good old boy involvement more than any case I've ever researched. Way to many circumstances for a small town. Like missing a whole body at the crime scene, that's an instant red flag. They needed a suspect for the girls. Also one thing that stood out to me and I'm not sure why. They completely miss a body, but they made note that an arrowhead collection was missing.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/

Sheriff finds 'extremely valuable' long-lost investigation notes in case of missing girls from Welch

"VINITA — A long-lost set of investigation notes discovered recently is said to be pushing the case forward in the disappearance of two Craig County teenage girls missing since 1999.

Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible were 16 years old when they were last seen celebrating Ashley’s birthday with a sleepover at the Freeman family home in Welch on Dec. 29, 1999.

"Craig County Sheriff Heath Winfrey has provided investigators previous unknown notes and documents he discovered referencing the Freeman/Bible case that was left from the previous sheriff administration,” said Gary Stansill, District 12 District Attorney investigator.

Stansill said the notes were discovered in an office crate.

“These notes and documents have proven to be extremely valuable,” he said. “This information has produced leads that have produced additional leads.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/

Sheriff finds 'extremely valuable' long-lost investigation notes in case of missing girls from Welch

"VINITA — A long-lost set of investigation notes discovered recently is said to be pushing the case forward in the disappearance of two Craig County teenage girls missing since 1999.

Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible were 16 years old when they were last seen celebrating Ashley’s birthday with a sleepover at the Freeman family home in Welch on Dec. 29, 1999.

"Craig County Sheriff Heath Winfrey has provided investigators previous unknown notes and documents he discovered referencing the Freeman/Bible case that was left from the previous sheriff administration,” said Gary Stansill, District 12 District Attorney investigator.

Stansill said the notes were discovered in an office crate.

“These notes and documents have proven to be extremely valuable,” he said. “This information has produced leads that have produced additional leads.”

:gthanks:

Direct link to article:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...cle_d167d31d-eb0b-5143-b2fc-cdc9cbe17c6a.html

Am following.
Sounds like it could be a Dateline case.
Were there any angry boyfriend's ? -- Sorry if it was discussed. Will go back and re-read.

This is such great news. I really hope the answers will finally be found. Sure sounds like LE is complicit in some way. Something that's always been suspected by many.

It's amazing how many times evidence that the LE have gets overlooked for ages. Lets hope it brings some closure to this case for the families.

This is such great news. I really hope the answers will finally be found. Sure sounds like LE is complicit in some way. Something that's always been suspected by many.
SABBM

I didn't know that. Wow. wonder why LE would hide something ?? :(

I’ve been stalking the Find Lauria Bible FB page in hopes that more info comes to light. Her mom does a really good job updating everyone and posting even sentimental stuff. I think the “lost files” will help bring this case to rest and give their families answers. Or at least I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following this case for a long time.
The local "LE" are complicit in this case, in my opinion. And the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation doesn't have the best history of being competent.
Drugs were involved and I still think it goes down to a local level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3