Found Deceased OK - Luke Dennis, 29, Muskogee County, 10 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Muskogee County Sheriff's Office

The Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a missing person. Luke Dennis, 29, of Muskogee is missing after his vehicle was located stuck in the Braggs area of Muskogee County. Luke was last seen on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at around 3:30PM. Luke knocked on the door of a home in the area of 8600 E 63rd St South, explained his vehicle was stuck, asked to use the phone, and called a wrecker.

Upon the arrival of the wrecker, they were unable to locate the vehicle or Luke. However, his gold and silver Ford F-150 was located today (10/12/2018). Luke was last seen wearing tan shorts, a grey t-shirt with a “FILA” logo on the front. One of Luke’s shoes was located at the scene and it's believed he still has the other on.

Luke is a white male, 5 foot 8 inches, 180 pounds, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

His cell phone is going straight to voicemail and attempts to “ping” the phone’s last known location are underway. Family and friends say this is out of character for him and Luke sticks to a normal routine. Luke has no known health, mental health issues, or legal issues.

Luke lives in the City of Muskogee and we are still attempting to determine why he was in the Braggs area.

This is a current and active investigation and nothing has been ruled out.

You are asked to call the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office at 918-687-0202 if you have seen or heard from Luke Dennis.

upload_2018-10-13_12-12-31.jpeg

Man goes missing in Muskogee County, deputies need public's help | Tulsa's 24-Hour News, Weather and Traffic

Sheriff Frazier and the command staff are working late to find Luke Dennis. Luke was reported missing after his truck was located in the Braggs area. If you have seen or heard from Luke call the Sheriffs Office 918-687-0202. #muskogeesheriff #sheriffrobfrazier #muskogeecounty #missingperson #ifyouseesomethingsaysomething #findlukedennis

upload_2018-10-13_12-14-23.jpeg

Luke Dennis has not been found and the search continues tonight. Currently, Sheriff Rob Frazier, Undersheriff Freeman, Chief Deputy Mahan along with other deputies are in the area with night vision equipment continuing to search. #sheriffrobfrazier #findlukedennis #muskogee #muakoeecounty #muskogeesheriff

Nigh vision drone is up and the search for Luke Dennis continues. A big thanks to @tulsafiredept and Oklahoma Taskforce 1 for thier help!

#tulsafire #findlukedennis #sheriffrobfrazier #muskogee #muskogeesheriff #muskogeecounty

upload_2018-10-13_12-15-33.jpegupload_2018-10-13_12-15-58.jpegupload_2018-10-13_12-16-22.jpeg
upload_2018-10-13_12-16-58.jpeg

The second drone is up on our search for Luke Dennis! Again, big thanks to Tulsa Fire and Oklahoma Taskforce 1 for thier help!

#tulsafire #muskogeesheriff #muskogeecounty #sheriffrobfrazier #findlukedennis
upload_2018-10-13_12-18-0.jpeg

The search for Luke has been called off for the night. Search will resume tomorrow morning.

Mystery surrounds disappearance of Muskogee man

"And he told them that he was driving a silver Silverado," she said.

That was the first red flag that something was amiss. Because Luke wasn't driving a Silverado, he was driving a Ford-F 150, and while that might have been a slip up, what Luke said next was startling.

"That his name was Tyler Taylor. Not Luke Dennis? No and when I first introduced myself to him and he to me he at first told me, my name, I’m Luke, and then he went no, my name is Tyler Taylor, and he kept repeating it. My name is Tyler Taylor," she said.

3dc2f134-3ead-4094-859f-dd55a86a5291-burtmuskogee3.PNG

Here is an overhead map:
ddFz9Qp.jpg

They also found Dennis' ID in the mud and said there were footprints leading to the river, which I am guessing is the one snaking through that wooded patch south of the marker at the bottom of the map.

Info on Luke: Luke Dennis
He does have a friend named Tyler that kind of looks like him but he Tyler Taylor thing is interesting, I wonder if they are sure it was Luke or if this could be someone he was with?

Sadly, Luke was found deceased.

...was spotted by a private plane by air then located by a small search party of volunteers just Southwest of Braggs, Oklahoma in Muskgoee County.

Deputies search for missing Muskogee man after vehicle found

They are calling it a drowning incident.
I wonder if they are assuming drowning, or if they've actually been able to verifiy that at this point. Surely there will be an autopsy. But still...what was he doing in the river? Near the river?

I wonder if they are assuming drowning, or if they've actually been able to verifiy that at this point. Surely there will be an autopsy. But still...what was he doing in the river? Near the river?

So weird. I wonder if the people whose house he stopped at thought he was impaired? The whole thing sounds off.

So weird. I wonder if the people whose house he stopped at thought he was impaired? The whole thing sounds off.
I read in one of these articles here that LE asked her if she thought he was using something. She didn't know, but said he appeared nervous. First slipped up, saying his real name, then corrected himself to say he was "Tyler Taylor", and repeated it...like he was trying to be convincing, maybe?

All of that is odd enough in itself, but the "missing one shoe" element, and the "found in the water" element, reminds me a lot of the data on the oddball Missing 411 cases.

I read in one of these articles here that LE asked her if she thought he was using something. She didn't know, but said he appeared nervous. First slipped up, saying his real name, then corrected himself to say he was "Tyler Taylor", and repeated it...like he was trying to be convincing, maybe?

All of that is odd enough in itself, but the "missing one shoe" element, and the "found in the water" element, reminds me a lot of the data on the oddball Missing 411 cases.

When I heard the wrong name I thought maybe he was drinking and driving and got the truck stuck and didn't want to give his real information for fear of a DUI when the police showed up? I don't know. I hope they release more information even though he's been found.

"Family and friends say this is out of character for him and he sticks to a normal routine," Muskogee County Sheriff's Deputy Nick Mahoney said in a news release. "Luke has no known health, mental health or legal issues."

All the more odd then.

Authorities search for missing 29-year-old Muskogee man
Body of Muskogee man found near Braggs
Seems a bit early, to me, to call this a drowning. Seems like an autopsy would be in line. There's no mention of this. No reference as to if foul play is expected. How could it not be?

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-13_20-1-14.png
    upload_2018-10-13_20-1-14.png
    882.5 KB · Views: 19
Well, something was quite obviously amiss. He ran off of a rural road into the mud and got stuck. Then, her gave the woman a fake name and falsely ID'd the truck. Is she sure it was Luke that she saw?

I there a map from the house or truck to the body?

Dennis knocked on the door of a home in the area of 8600 East 63rd Street South, explained that his vehicle was struck, asked to use the phone and called a wrecker.

This is where he was last seen(ignore my previous screenshot, it was a different marker for the same address on the west side of the river):
17ZR3sr.jpg

It is hard to pinpoint where the truck was found or supposedly stuck. My guess is somewhere west of Cemetery Rd and he or someone else walked up 63rd knocking on doors.
The river is right at the end of 63rd.

I wonder if the truck was unstuck when they found it? Evidence it ever was? I think the theory that he was intoxicated and crashed is possible - if he was disoriented he could have walked right off the road into the river possibly. Could he have been out there intending to fish or hunt?

Well, something was quite obviously amiss. He ran off of a rural road into the mud and got stuck. Then, her gave the woman a fake name and falsely ID'd the truck. Is she sure it was Luke that she saw?

I there a map from the house or truck to the body?
Good question, "Is she sure it was Luke that she saw?" The fella stumbled over his name (would any of us ever do that? I don't see why I would, unless I was doing it to call attention to myself when I felt I couldn't say overtly that something was amiss.) He incorrectly ID'd his own vehicle as a Silverado instead of a Ford. Would any of us do that? I cannot imagine doing that, even if I were drunk, unless he'd just acquired the Ford and formerly had a Silverado. Anyone know how long he owned the Ford?

I don't understand the missing shoe. What kind of shoes were they? I can see a loose fitting shoe being sucked off in the mud, but not a shoe that ties on and fits snugly. And even if it was sucked off in this way, I can't imagine continuing to walk on, with one shoe off. This is odd behavior, to me, unless he was afraid....trying to put distance between himself and someone else. Did his tracks indicate that he was running, or walking, I wonder?

Dennis knocked on the door of a home in the area of 8600 East 63rd Street South, explained that his vehicle was struck, asked to use the phone and called a wrecker.

This is where he was last seen(ignore my previous screenshot, it was a different marker for the same address on the west side of the river):
17ZR3sr.jpg

It is hard to pinpoint where the truck was found or supposedly stuck. My guess is somewhere west of Cemetery Rd and he or someone else walked up 63rd knocking on doors.
The river is right at the end of 63rd.

I wonder if the truck was unstuck when they found it? Evidence it ever was? I think the theory that he was intoxicated and crashed is possible - if he was disoriented he could have walked right off the road into the river possibly. Could he have been out there intending to fish or hunt?

His family said he was the kind of person who kept to routines. If he were going fishing or hunting, would his family or friends likely have been aware of that? Did he have any history of picking up and going hunting/fishing without telling anyone where or when he was going? Also...if his truck were stuck, wouldn't that be a priority, getting it unstuck, before proceeding with fishing? Walking the river bank with one shoe on?

The Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a missing person. Luke Dennis, 29, of Muskogee is missing after his vehicle was located stuck in the Braggs area of Muskogee County. Luke was last seen on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at around 3:30PM. Luke knocked on the door of a home in the area of 8600 E 63rd St South, explained his vehicle was stuck, asked to use the phone, and called a wrecker.

Upon the arrival of the wrecker, they were unable to locate the vehicle or Luke. However, his gold and silver Ford F-150 was located today (10/12/2018). Luke was last seen wearing tan shorts, a grey t-shirt with a “FILA” logo on the front. One of Luke’s shoes was located at the scene and it's believed he still has the other on.

Luke is a white male, 5 foot 8 inches, 180 pounds, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

His cell phone is going straight to voicemail and attempts to “ping” the phone’s last known location are underway. Family and friends say this is out of character for him and Luke sticks to a normal routine. Luke has no known health, mental health issues, or legal issues.

Luke lives in the City of Muskogee and we are still attempting to determine why he was in the Braggs area.

This is a current and active investigation and nothing has been ruled out.

You are asked to call the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office at 918-687-0202 if you have seen or heard from Luke Dennis.

View attachment 150882

Man goes missing in Muskogee County, deputies need public's help | Tulsa's 24-Hour News, Weather and Traffic
I was married to Luke’s brother, we met when Luke was 8 years old, and my kids maintained a relationship with the family. I don’t have much information to give but will gladly contribute what I can in an effort to help get some answers.

Also...if his truck were stuck, wouldn't that be a priority, getting it unstuck, before proceeding with fishing? Walking the river bank with one shoe on?

I was trying more to answer the question of what he was doing out there to begin with. I'm at a loss about the ID and shoe, though that sounds either like a struggle or someone who is severely incapacitated and is stumbling. I wish we knew more about the state of the truck when they found it.

I was married to Luke’s brother, we met when Luke was 8 years old, and my kids maintained a relationship with the family. I don’t have much information to give but will gladly contribute what I can in an effort to help get some answers.

Wow, so you knew Luke. My condolences. Even if he's not a member of your family by marriage now, you must be feeling pretty sad about this. So, thanks for offering any insights.

Do you know if his family has any idea about why he was in the Braggs area? Was he supposed to be somewhere else? The article said he generally stuck to routines.

Also, how long had he owned the F-150, do you know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litewrker23
Back