Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
Oct 11, 2022 article:

[…]

. . . believed to have left Billy Chastain's home on bicycles on the west side of Okmulgee on Sunday around 8 p.m. Police say someone reported seeing Stevens on Sunday around 4 p.m. by himself at the Smoke Ship on the south side of town and sightings were reported of the Chastains Monday morning near the YMCA, but investigators are working to confirm those sightings.

[…]

. . . Mark Chastain's phone was tracked to an area south of Okmulgee but the phone was either turned off or lost power and officers didn't find any signs of the men.

Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice says there aren't any initial signs of violence or foul play, but they're bringing in part of the District 25 Violent Crime Task Force to help in the search.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Okmulgee Police Department by phone, Facebook or by email at policereport@okmcity.net.

Oct 11, 2022. A few more details in this article.

Thirty-two-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens were last seen Sunday.

[…]

. . . Families held a search party at a nearby salvage yard Tuesday. Jessica told FOX23 she was driving around and searching for Mark and found his car near the salvage yard. While searching, they found a bike. They called law enforcement, and an Okmulgee County Sheriff’s deputy came out to the scene and collected the bike.

[…]

Two of the men are believed to have cell phones with them, but all attempted calls are going to voicemail.

[…]

What's not being said here? This is the most unusual story - 4 men go missing, from the same home on bicycles after dark, and yet one of them's car and possibly his bike are found near a salvage yard?

I can't imagine what could have happened. Jails and hospitals have been checked, which is a requirement there for filing a missing adult report.

Last edited:
Mark's wife tracked his phone to a salvage yard, where it turned off although it still had 28% battery. (How anyone would know that without having the phone, I don't know).

edited to add: apparently there's an ap where you can check a friend's phone battery charge status

I'm anxious to hear more about this case. I'm confused how they know they left on bikes and why the car of one was found near a salvage yard. Seems like we are missing the majority of the story.

I'm anxious to hear more about this case. I'm confused how they know they left on bikes and why the car of one was found near a salvage yard. Seems like we are missing the majority of the story.
I agree, and I think it's because all the men are gone and so they don't know the rest of the story. Why would they have gone to the salvage yard? Is that a typical place for them to scope out parts? Was it open late at night?

What's not being said here? This is the most unusual story - 4 men go missing, from the same home on bicycles after dark, and yet one of them's car and possibly his bike are found near a salvage yard?

I can't imagine what could have happened. Jails and hospitals have been checked, which is a requirement there for filing a missing adult report.
Yes, it's very strange that they all went missing the same night. Hopefully some more details will emerge.

Mark's wife tracked his phone to a salvage yard, where it turned off although it still had 28% battery. (How anyone would know that without having the phone, I don't know).

edited to add: apparently there's an ap where you can check a friend's phone battery charge status

Creepy technology. MOO But I hope it proves useful in this case.

Life360 app shows your location, travel route & time at each location, and % battery available (& if it is being charged).
I highly recommend this app. I have many circles (groups that I'm in) like my immediate family even my adult kids and my dad that lives by himself.

Following locally. Just noting that some basic criminal history can be found for the two brothers on www.odcr.com and possibly for the other individuals. Not sure what Salvage yard they went to or why 4 grown men were on bikes. I can offer insight that this is considered a city but is more like a small town. Two grocery stores, one being Walmart, a handful of small business markets and a Walgreens pretty much service the city and nearby even smaller towns. Bikes would get these guys around this town pretty well but it would stand out to me.

Eta: getting outside of Okmulgee City limits will pretty much put you into open fields and farm land in any direction, at least for a little ways.

Last edited:
IMHO Well, my my my. There is quite a lot going on with this situation.
1. Police "believe" the four were on bikes.
2. Don't know the area but how far is the salvage yard from their starting point?
3. Are group bike rides a normal thing for the men?
4. Were they headed to the salvage yard and if so why?
5. Why are phones turned off? Low battery? To not be traced? Something bad going down?
6. 48 hour window for potential witness reports. If accurate, why and how did they split up?
7. IF they did all leave on bikes, how and why was Mark's car found AND a bike?
8. Did the bike found belong to one of the missing men?

Something is off. Having four go missing seems harder than one going missing....two at the most. Definitely want to follow this one.

Oct 11, 2022. A few more details in this article.

Thirty-two-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens were last seen Sunday.

[…]

. . . Families held a search party at a nearby salvage yard Tuesday. Jessica told FOX23 she was driving around and searching for Mark and found his car near the salvage yard. While searching, they found a bike. They called law enforcement, and an Okmulgee County Sheriff’s deputy came out to the scene and collected the bike.

[…]

Two of the men are believed to have cell phones with them, but all attempted calls are going to voicemail.

[…]

I read @LauraAnne 's link earlier, as well as the other two links provided above, and didn't see that information. It just said they were all friends.
I will go back and read again. Maybe it's contained in the comments.
Sorry my bad! It was in @TwinkieDefense post which I have linked here. If you watch the video it explains the Chastain's are brothers. It's at the 1:06 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper