Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. And he wouldn't necessarily need to "chop up" the bodies, an old and out of shape hunter like myself could easily quarter a deer with a camp saw in about 5 minutes. And it's not a horrifically messy as one might assume.
Scrap yard and salvages have forklifts. They use then to move cars that are not running. They crush cars and use a forklift to stack them on top of each other. If a forklift can lift a car it can move four men easy. They also have huge saws to cut up metal. One of those could slice through flesh and bone in seconds after you use the forklift to place it on the saw table like they do old cars. Plenty of tools and machinery at scrap yards and salvages.

JMO

JMO

I am thinking more an AR-15, a forklift and a metal table saw used to cut up cars for scrap would do the trick easy.

All the tools you need to shoot 4 men multiple times, cut them in half and use an old clunker truck to haul them to the river and then drive back and crush the truck, cut it up for scrap.

JMO

I hadn't Google walked the area around the scrap yard on 20th street. Link below, if you'd like to nose around.
One thing of note- I saw cameras at several of the businesses across the street. Hopefully LE will get something useful from at least one of them.

That scrap yard was really an eyesore in the area. I wonder where he entered and parked his car?

I am thinking more an AR-15, a forklift and a metal table saw used to cut up cars for scrap would do the trick easy.

All the tools you need to shoot 4 men multiple times, cut them in half and use an old clunker truck to haul them to the river and then drive back and crush the truck, cut it up for scrap.

JMO
BBM.
This makes the most absolute sense.

Mr. Kennedy’s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered “evidence of a violent event,” the chief said on Monday, without elaborating.
One of those could slice through flesh and bone in seconds after you use the forklift to place it on the saw table like they do old cars. Plenty of tools and machinery at scrap yards and salvages.
The bodies had been in the field adjacent to the salvage yard. That's the only place they found evidence of the dismemberment. Perhaps he used some cordless tools. Maybe they were fleeing, he shot them and couldn't manage moving the bodies.
They didn't find anything in the yard that indicated they were killed there.

Police believe all four men left on bicycles. Families held a search party at a nearby salvage yard Tuesday. Jessica told FOX23 she was driving around and searching for Mark and found his car near the salvage yard. While searching, they found a bike. They called law enforcement, and an Okmulgee County Sheriff’s deputy came out to the scene and collected the bike.

RE above posted information about Billy Chastain's phone locations (not pings) as shown on an app, per his wife.

There have been a number of articles and a statement by LE about the locations of the phone. It has only been previously reported that the group left Billy's house at about 8 PM and never earlier (when it would have been daylight). Mark's wife said she spoke to him at about 5:30 PM, that is not the time they were last seen or left Billy's house.
The house is not abandoned, and it did not look like that a week ago. The family is standing in front of it, now with some plywood on the windows, but still referring to it as Billy's house. Maybe the family with small children couldn't stand to stay there or there didn't feel safe and left. The times of the phone at different locations are also previously given differ from this one article. Again, this is not based on pings but an accurate location app on another phone.

The more I read about this case, the dumber I get; so please be gentle with me. Google map shows the house on 6th to be in the similar condition as of May 2021. "Vacant" would probably have been a better description than abandoned but maybe Billy did live there. Knowing its location, would you agree that it's odd that they went east from there to get to the 20th St. junkyard?

I missed hearing about recovering info from 2 phones; was some of the info from Billy's phone? Mark's phone showed it was turned off at the big salvage yard on Catalpa Rd. at 8:32 pm. His wife said she tracked the pings to that salvage yard. Are you saying that's not reliable info?

I need to go back to the beginning to where it was determined that the finding of the red car was said to be a "red herring."

I hadn't Google walked the area around the scrap yard on 20th street. Link below, if you'd like to nose around.
One thing of note- I saw cameras at several of the businesses across the street. Hopefully LE will get something useful from at least one of them.

That scrap yard was really an eyesore in the area. I wonder where he entered and parked his car?
There appears to be a driveway that runs along side the motorhome, he blocks it with that dark station wagon.

To answer my red herring issue:

Mark’s wife, Jessica Chastain, told 2 News he parked his beloved, red car at a house owned by the Chastain family on Sunday. It's where the four men would often hang out.

This is a bit strangely written... why wouldn't she have gone directly to where he told her he was and find the car then? Why didn't she just say it was at his brother's house? This quote is from the previously posted Yahoo article.

Jessica told FOX23 she was driving around and searching for Mark and found his car near the salvage yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member