Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That possibility makes alot of sense given the POI's criminal history.

Marijuana could make an attractive drug in this scenario because a low to mid level commercial dealer or broker can probably accumulate up to several hundred pounds of it at any given time and still not be a "big fish" dealer wise. Likewise, the Cartels probably dont get involved until the "tonnage" level is reached.

Maybe....

- The crew gets wind that a descent sized load of marijuana is being kept at the scrapyard. Perhaps the marijuana is being distributed from there, or perhaps it is simply being stored at, or shipped though the scrapyard.

- The crew forms up to "Hit a Lick"- tries to recruit a fifth member with promises of plenty of loot to go around.

- Somebody (somebodies) intercept the crew before they can enter the scrapyard, or they enter the scrapyard, are then intercepted and taken outside.

- The assailant(s) promise the men that they will not be harmed if they "go with the program" and do not try to escape. The men are ordered to lie down and wait. They are then suddenly shot. Things go downhill from there.
The marijuana angle is a good possibility. Oklahoma is the wild west of marijuana right now. Lots of illegal grows here particularly in these rural counties like Okmulgee. BTW Okmulgee is a dying town. Look it up on wiki check out the population numbers and demographics. A lot of despair and desperation in that town.

Well, IMO this is a key piece of the investigation. There are 2 scrap yards, access to many vehicles in both scrapyards if the scrapyards are significant enough for not only the phone being in it that is. I would need to see solid proof that it was JK who did this. Its not easy doing this alone just the logisitcs are sort of mind boggling for one person. So who did it?
Is there a Bldg? If they were in a small room—maybe going after a safe, there might not be anywhere to run.

If you look at the pictures of Joe K. Being processed in the Volusia, Fl court, he is a pretty big dude. While he is 67 he has performed physical work in those scrapyards for many years.
I am 69 years old and run in 5k races, backpack, hike etc., other participants in these events are my age or older.
So it is not beyond reason that he is physically strong and was able to chop up and transport the body pieces by himself. Plus certainly the adrenaline was flowing.
Based on JK's history: I don't think he's in great shape or anything. He's not overweight, but I don't get the impression that he exercises etc. MOO. He's a small town guy with some criminal history. His criminal history goes back to 1998. I can't picture this guy working out. MOO

Is Joe K. the only employee at the scrappy?
Inside job info from current or former employee?
Yes. Records indicate that he's is the only employee. However, that doesn't mean he's hired cash only from time to time. The scrap yard where the crime allegedly occurred is not even a registered business. It's a junk yard/dump in a residential zoned area.

Joe K. Owned several scrap/salvage/Junk yards and has been in that business for many years. Those type of places usually result in the owner having access to all kind of “clunker vehicles” for use in hauling parts both in and outside of their property.
Those places have all kind of equipment for crushing, and cutting up vehicles.
In my opinion he most likely used a van type vehicle for transporting the body parts and then literally disposed of the vehicle by cutting, burning, crushing the van.
It really helps to spell things out.

236 is an auto salvage yard garbage scrap metal dump of the grandest scale. Zoom in on satellite view
License makes it look like he has a trucking company, it's misleading.
Thanks. I did see that and that's why I'm thinking it might be a good place to truck in goods of any kind.

Based on JK's history: I don't think he's in great shape or anything. He's not overweight, but I don't get the impression that he exercises etc. MOO. He's a small town guy with some criminal history. His criminal history goes back to 1998. I can't picture this guy working out. MOO
No I am not suggesting that he works out, the mere fact that he is in the scrap business and has been for years means (to me anyway) that he is muscular as a result of manually lifting, dragging auto transmissions, axles, tires, rims etc.
His normal day would consist of lots and lots of physical, manual labor.

With regard to transporting the bodies, if they were shot at the salvage yard, I assumed he used either a wheelbarrow or the bike trailers to transport them to the tree line "violent event" area; it looked fairly close to me. Those items would be fairly easy to bleach and clean with a hose at the other salvage yard. But where were they shot? If inside at the yard, that would take some time to clean and would likely require strong chemicals that would leave a smell. If outside, a hose might do it, along with chemicals, but again the smell. If at the tree line "violent event" area, then I'm still questioning how he shot all 4 unless he had a semi-automatic.

Pure speculation on my part.

The marijuana angle is a good possibility. Oklahoma is the wild west of marijuana right now. Lots of illegal grows here particularly in these rural counties like Okmulgee. BTW Okmulgee is a dying town.
Thanks for the information about the town. I guess any hopes of being a "bedroom" community for Tulsa never materialized.

Okmulgee seems to have a very strong resume for uhmm..."Corporate relocation" from a mid level drug wholesaler's point of view:

- Dying town with probably a busy and undertrained police force. Desperate locals mean inexpensive help is easy to find.
- On the Interstate for fast, easy transportation.
- Close to a larger drug market such as Tulsa.

Last edited:
In that wiki article I mentioned, in the historical buildings, it mentions the Kennedy mansion. Built in the oil boom town days by a banker/real estate man named Kennedy who is also mentioned. I wonder if JK earned his money the old fashioned way...by inheriting it? I haven't looked at the genealogy yet but I would imagine that would be easy to do.

With regard to transporting the bodies, if they were shot at the salvage yard, I assumed he used either a wheelbarrow or the bike trailers to transport them to the tree line "violent event" area; it looked fairly close to me. Those items would be fairly easy to bleach and clean with a hose at the other salvage yard. But where were they shot? If inside at the yard, that would take some time to clean and would likely require strong chemicals that would leave a smell. If outside, a hose might do it, along with chemicals, but again the smell. If at the tree line "violent event" area, then I'm still questioning how he shot all 4 unless he had a semi-automatic.

Pure speculation on my part.
Quote from one of the press conferences: "Nothing remarkable was observed inside the salvage yard, but evidence of a violent event was discovered on an adjoining property."

In that wiki article I mentioned, in the historical buildings, it mentions the Kennedy mansion. Built in the oil boom town days by a banker/real estate man named Kennedy who is also mentioned. I wonder if JK earned his money the old fashioned way...by inheriting it? I haven't looked at the genealog

y yet but I would imagine that would be easy to do.
I can't find anything that "sticks out" that implies that JK is independently wealthy.

The mansion isn't really a "mansion" by most standards.

The person referenced lived from 1863-1953, but I don't know where they died. (I assume Okmulgee)
I can't find a Find a Grave for the person that the mansion was named after. So, I don't know how wealthy they were etc.

I think JK could related to that person, but I'm not seeing anything that pops out as independently wealthy or anything.

Generally truly wealthy people have more trails.
JK may have inherited his real estate bug and some properties, but nothing pops out. However, I don't have the genealogy database that many researchers have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67