Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any video from the Murphy's been shown? It would give a date and time, as well were the men on bikes and together?
Those men could be anywhere in the second salvage yard.
ETA I'm leaning towards the possibility they were up to nothing good.

Last edited:
This is a very strange case.

Car guys do sometimes go to salvage yards on Sunday if they know they're going to need something for work on Monday (I made a few runs for my dad back in the day), but not late at night usually, and not without calling ahead.

Very strange..... Most guys who have cars don't even own bikes IME. And Okmulgee doesn't look like bicycle heaven.

Was there only one witness who said they left Billy's house on bikes? And one witness who localized the phone in the salvage yard?

I think back up witnesses might be very useful, just so they're not operating from misunderstood info.

They could be on bikes because they were planning to come back in a vehicle, and they'd put the bikes in it or on it? 4 bikes would need a truck, unless a car with a VERY expensive rack, which seems unlikely.
I wonder if they rented a truck? Located at one of the salvage yards? Then, they drove somewhere or other?

It seems odd that a salvage yard wouldn't have cameras.

This is GREAT. So, they stopped at one salvage yard (sy), then they stopped at a gas station before going to a second sy near Shulter where MC's phone went dead/was turned off. Is that a picture of the sy near Shulter where police are searching? It is very large, lot's of woods. Doesn't seem like a place you would go after dark? I see no lights, can anyone else?
They're going to a gas station on bicycles? Why?

I thought they may have gone in for cigarettes or a soft drink?
There was certainly little need for gas unless someone had picked up a car or truck along the way.

If they did pick up a vehicle along the way, that would raise the possibility that there's an accident where they went into water, down a steep wooded embankment, or some other place where they aren't visible from the road.

Could potentially be a fentanyl OD if they used and used together. Wouldn't be the first time a bad batch had surfaced in a rural area. Otherwise it would have to be foul play at this point. Maybe rode up on something they didn't need to see or met up with someone who did them harm.

JMO.

If they did pick up a vehicle along the way, that would raise the possibility that there's an accident where they went into water, down a steep wooded embankment, or some other place where they aren't visible from the road.
Maybe they had a truck stored at a salvage yard?

I'm leaning towards the truck idea. But they could be anywhere. They could have gotten far out of town. Maybe they were going to transport a batch of illegal(s)?
I just don't think the number of catalytic converters they could stick in a backpack would really be worth getting in serious trouble with the law. The risk is much greater than the reward. Now, if they had a whole truckload.....

Maybe if they had a truck, they were delivering something, not picking something up. I wonder what the owners of the salvage yards have to say.

Re: why bicycles, in this Fox 23 interview with Chief Prentice the interviewer calls Billy a bicycle enthusiast. Unsure where she got that info (it could be from an interview with family that I have not yet read/seen?) but the chief doesn’t contradict this at all.
(ETA start at about 2:25 if you don’t want to watch the whole interview)
I don’t live near Okmulgee, but where I do live, it isn’t at all odd for adults to be *really* into cycling, including at night.

All that said, four adults missing can’t be good. I hope they’re found safe

Re: why bicycles, in this Fox 23 interview with Chief Prentice the interviewer calls Billy a bicycle enthusiast. Unsure where she got that info (it could be from an interview with family that I have not yet read/seen?) but the chief doesn’t contradict this at all.
(ETA start at about 2:25 if you don’t want to watch the whole interview)
I don’t live near Okmulgee, but where I do live, it isn’t at all odd for adults to be *really* into cycling, including at night.

All that said, four adults missing can’t be good. I hope they’re found safe
A member of my family is an avid cyclist and has two bicycles that are very valuable. His shoes clip into the pedals, allowing him to both push and pull with full force. These are the typical bikes we see professionals riding. So I wonder if that's the type of bicycles these men were riding?

I have a feeling they may have been riding trail bikes or standard bicycles. It would be great to have a description of the them. They may have released that information and I missed it.

So, with a vehicle, they could easily do a run to Tulsa or OKC, and be back by next morning when MC had Dad duties while his wife went to work.

Under this scenario, they were picking up something or going to a girlie joint? If they used one of their own vehicles, their wives would be suspicious. I’m not sure Okmulgee would be a super exciting place to live.

I’m leaning towards this idea: they put the bikes in a vehicle. Maybe someone was dropping off the vehicle at a junkyard, but they got mixed up about which one.

A member of my family is an avid cyclist and has two bicycles that are very valuable. His shoes clip into the pedals, allowing him to both push and pull with full force. These are the typical bikes we see professionals riding. So I wonder if that's the type of bicycles these men were riding?

I have a feeling they may have been riding trail bikes or standard bicycles. It would be great to have a description of the them. They may have released that information and I missed it.
I’ve had bikes like you describe. I have a feeling the foursome were riding regular bikes, otherwise LE would have said something. I wonder how far they had to ride to get to the junkyard?

Wow, this case is odd.

This article gives a bit more clarity about locations. Prentice states that he didn't find video evidence of the men at the Murphy's gas station. I'm positive that gas station has cameras as about 4 years back the torso of a woman was found in the dumpster there. It was a gruesome case with a man traveling through. This gas station is not one that you enter. It's a small building where you walk up to window to purchase your gas or drinks etc. There are no restrooms to use. It is located in the far end of the Walmart parking lot, right off US Route 75 which travels through Okmulgee. This area also contains most of the last businesses on the southern end of town before getting on 75 and heading South towards Schulter. Schulter is even smaller than Okmulgee and contains a lot of ranch or farm land. The Salvage Yard searched today was several acres of rough terrain. Prayers for these guys and their families.

So, with a vehicle, they could easily do a run to Tulsa or OKC, and be back by next morning when MC had Dad duties while his wife went to work.

Under this scenario, they were picking up something or going to a girlie joint? If they used one of their own vehicles, their wives would be suspicious. I’m not sure Okmulgee would be a super exciting place to live.

I’m leaning towards this idea: they put the bikes in a vehicle. Maybe someone was dropping off the vehicle at a junkyard, but they got mixed up about which one.
Tulsa is about a 45 minute drive. OKC is about 2 hours drive. Neither is really doable on bikes. Driving these distances is done frequently out here by folks though and could be done and home in an evening easy.
There are no girly joints here. There are maybe a handful of places that serve alcoholic drinks here, as in with your meal, there may still be one bar. And not much at all to do on a Sunday. There's no movie theater or other recreation here unless you enjoy being outdoors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member