Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few posts back someone mentioned catalytic convertors. Bikes are a quiet means of getting around. Plus it's evening. So, this seems like it could be possible.

I guess they ran into the wrong person(s).

Are there any "big time" (organized crime, rings, turf) stuff with catalytic convertors and/or scrap metal? I can see someone getting enraged over their catalytic converter. However, killing four men is crazy. However, I wonder if there was a turf war or something?
I also liked the idea of maybe a meth lab that they accidentally came across. There could even have been booby traps.

At least two men were believed to have cell phones with them. Police were able to trace the path of at least one phone to the east of town and then south, but the phone eventually was turned off or lost power, police said.

Data indicates the phones went to two salvage yards — one about 5 miles from the river, and the other about 10 to 12 miles from the river, Prentice told CNN on Saturday. Police haven’t said whether the phones have been recovered.

LE will want to look at any security footage from the salvage yards and maybe bring in HRD dogs to the yards as well in case they were killed there ?
Would someone's body leave behind a scent, if left at one location for a few hours before being moved ?
Probably just reaching a bit much.
M00.

Snipped from video at link - Search for four missing men continues in Okmulgee County
  • Pings from Mark's phone indicate they went to a salvage yard, just a couple miles south and spent three hours at that location, before heading to another salvage yard just off Hwy 75.
  • Marks phone was shut off at the second salvage yard. The phone still had 28% battery life.
1665886482762.png

1665886351820.png

LE will want to look at any security footage from the salvage yards and maybe bring in HRD dogs to the yards as well in case they were killed there ?
Would someone's body leave behind a scent, if left at one location for a few hours before being moved ?
Probably just reaching a bit much.
M00.

Yes, generally the dogs would be able to detect that.

Okmulgee Police Department

Thursday, 10/13/22
Update on "The 4 Missing Men" from Chief Prentice:

Investigators spent the day gathering video and additional GPS information. They also followed up on potential sightings. We were unable to confirm any reported sightings. An interview was conducted today regarding a report that a citizen observed all four men walking down the street around 2AM on Tuesday morning. This also cannot be confirmed with independent witnesses or video.

This evening and tomorrow we will begin the long and tedious process of sifting through the hours of video as well as the GPS data.

Additional locations have been identified as potential sources for more video and they will be contacted tomorrow. Search warrants have been submitted for phone records and warrants for Facebook accounts will be forthcoming.

It is important to remember that without an actual appearance of the missing men on video along the path we have been able to establish by phone data, we can't definitively say the missing men took that path. Rather only one of their phones did. We will continue to investigate and are following any evidence we uncover.

Additional updates will be sent as available.

In this update from Thursday, the Chief is saying they do not have any of the men on video-
"In this update from Thursday, the Chief is saying they do not have any of the men on video-" :0

The four could have gone missing from anywhere then. Maybe never even made it to the first scrapyard willingly or alive.

Snipped from video at link - Search for four missing men continues in Okmulgee County
  • Pings from Mark's phone indicate they went to a salvage yard, just a couple miles south and spent three hours at that location, before heading to another salvage yard just off Hwy 75.
  • Marks phone was shut off at the second salvage yard. The phone still had 28% battery life.
View attachment 373515

View attachment 373514

Three hours at a salvage yard that was presumably closed on a Sunday night, and then off to another salvage yard? Seem likely they may have gotten caught doing something they shouldn't have been, and someone took out some vigilante justice on them. Or possibly they saw someone doing something illegal, and were killed because they were witnesses.

Three hours at a salvage yard that was presumably closed on a Sunday night, and then off to another salvage yard? Seem likely they may have gotten caught doing something they shouldn't have been, and someone took out some vigilante justice on them. Or possibly they saw someone doing something illegal, and were killed because they were witnesses.
A booby trap could have killed them all at once? I don't know anything about booby traps except illegal weed growers in the National Forests use them.

Last edited:
moo

Ms Chastain knew her husband was past due to be back home and reported him, and his brother and Sparks, as missing during the night. Did she not realize that AS was with those 3 guys? By morning, Stevens' mom reported her son as missing.

What's with riding the bicycles with trailers? These guys are NOT cyclists. moo Are these bicycles [and trailers] typically stored at BC home, where the guys departed on their fateful journey?

Why ride bicycles? Why is a trailer needed? Someone suggested meth making and the last salvage yard location especially looked suitable for such activity. However, doesn't it take copious hours to 'cook' meth?

Where are the other two guys bc at first I thought there were six men?

Both of the Chastain men and Sparks were reported missing by one of their spouses during the overnight hours on Monday, police said. Stevens' mother contacted authorities a few hours later also to report her son's disappearance.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-find-multiple-human-remains-oklahoma-river-amid/story?id=91547024

IMO this will end up being the four men and being foul play. I still am going with my previous theory that something happened at that second salvage yard - perhaps they were there for nefarious purposes and got caught. Though they are four seemingly fit and able-bodied men, they would still not be a match for a gun, for instance. Or if there was more than one perp.

IMO they were probably killed and taken from the area in a vehicle. Their bikes got disposed of elsewhere. One or more individuals drove them to this bridge under the cover of night and dumped them in this river. Since no one was really searching this area, they could have been in this river since night 1. All my speculation of course.
Agree. I’m wondering if they owed someone money or were supposed to do a deal of some sort and got into trouble. Is there much gang or even cartel activity in that area?

All speculation MOO.

Very strange case.

I feel like there has to be multiple perpetrators. It would be a lot of effort for one person to lift 4 big bodies into a vehicle and then drag them out of the vehicle. Even for two people that’s some serious effort.

The much easier option would have been to leave them and run.

So my guess is either the location of the crime is incriminating and points to the perp or there was something else about the crime scene that would have been a giveaway and necessitated them being moved.

Unless of course, they were at the river for some reason and something went very wrong.

Graphic :

I'd googled decomp and warm water/bodies a while back.
Different case on 48 hours with a teen girl who was killed, it took several days to id her.
I kept thinking why didn't they know who this person was, immediately ?

Pretty quick as in a few days, for a deceased person to lose their appearance, and sometimes with skin decomp. --even tats can be obscured !
Don't really care to look again, so will not post pics -- but it can require a dna sample given by a relative.
M00.
What about clothing. Shana DiMambro's case. She went missing on July 19th and was found on July 29th. That was ten days later the body was heavily decomposed. Initally she was identified by her tattoos. These men have been missing a lot less timewise 4 days if one accounts Monday early morning to Friday afternoon. So if they had tattoos, which I think I read they did then something should be identifiable on them. So why not?

What about clothing. Shana DiMambro's case. She went missing on July 19th and was found on July 29th. That was ten days later the body was heavily decomposed. Initally she was identified by her tattoos. These men have been missing a lot less timewise 4 days if one accounts Monday early morning to Friday afternoon. So if they had tattoos, which I think I read they did then something should be identifiable on them. So why not?
My take is this is a formal identification thing. I’m sure they have enough to know informally if these are the missing men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean