Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're totally right. Also, having to dismember four adult humans isn't a spur of the moment thing. Those are clearly defined actions that probably took place over a good amount of time. I imagine while disassembling human beings, you have a lot of time to think about what you're doing.
I don’t think anyone who kills 4 people AND dismembers them AND dumps them where they will be easily found is a sane person. I’m also having a hard time thinking one man did this.

You're totally right. Also, having to dismember four adult humans isn't a spur of the moment thing. Those are clearly defined actions that probably took place over a good amount of time. I imagine while disassembling human beings, you have a lot of time to think about what you're doing.
Yes, that likely took some time to do. I couldn't listen to the whole pressor. Did the Chief say how long the bodies had been in the water?

Wondering now if the dump was immediately overnight, or a day or two later?

Was anything said about security systems at the yards? JK doesn't live on premises, so curious how he knew the men were there? Was he laying in wait or was he alerted by an alarm or cameras?

I don’t think anyone who kills 4 people AND dismembers them AND dumps them where they will be easily found is a sane person. I’m also having a hard time thinking one man did this.
Perhaps he believed the body parts would be carried away by the river or something. In any event, he took steps to cover this up, which says he knew the gravity of his actions.

He knew what he was doing, and he knew what he was doing was wrong. That's also why he is apparently on the run.

That's a very angry, likely sane person, albeit very sick.

But that wouldn't have required a bicycle trailer, surely, unless the transactions were all in coins.

Whatever they were stealing was heavy enough that it needed multiple bicycle trailers to transport. I assume back to their own garages.

The only things I can think of would have been catalytic convertors, but that doesn't make that much sense because there is only 3-7 g of platinum-group metals in one and you have to have a significant technology strip them. Not something that the 5 guys would be able to do on their own. The salvage place has the contacts to buy the metals, not the guys stealing it, surely.

And word would certainly be getting around town and back to Joe Kennedy that someone else was edging in on his CC sales.

More than one bike trailer indicates a large amount of something.
Did they plan on intercepting a deal?
Hit the lick.
Maybe Kennedy ratted.

Yes, that likely took some time to do. I couldn't listen to the whole pressor. Did the Chief say how long the bodies had been in the water?

Was anything said about security systems at the yards? JK doesn't live on premises, so curious how he knew the men were there? Was he laying in wait or was he alerted by an alarm or cameras?

Perhaps JK had something scheduled going on that evening at the salvage yard and they interrupted him.

I think that I read he said they thought Saturday or Sunday night was when they were put in the water. I wasn't able to watch the presser and haven't found a link to the whole thing yet.

If his life was in danger he might have shot them and then called the police.

Dismembering human bodies is not covered under the Castle Doctrine.

Abuse of a corpse and homicide are separate crimes. No argument that dismembering victims, even in cases of justifiable homicide ( or ever, for that matter ) is the right thing to do.

Although not pertinent here, Oklahoma employs a ‘Stand Your Ground/Make my Day’ standard rather than the Castle doctrine.

Agreed. And Prentice states in the Presser that they believe the bodies were dumped in the river either Sunday Night or Monday Morning, so whoever(s) did this, worked rather quickly considering they were disassembling human bodies, and I would assume, trying to not draw attention when dumping them in the river. To me, that speaks more to someone that has experience with this kind of killing. JMO

I think that I read he said they thought Saturday or Sunday night was when they were put in the water. I wasn't able to watch the presser and haven't found a link to the whole thing yet.
I just watched it (thanks to Gardenista). They said due to the amount of time it would have taken to do what he did, it was at the earliest v late Sunday night.

In the PC he said it would take some time to do, so he thought it was late that night or very, very early the next morning. I assume they were in the river by daylight the following morning.

MOO MOO MOO MOO
I think all of them were up to no good....

JMO JMO

I think something "went wrong".."deal gone bad" type of thing....

I really don't think the guys were trying to break in to steal from his salvage yard under the cover of darkness.
I think there was something illegal going on, but I think it may have to do with the lucrative stolen catalytic converter market.

I think it was a deal gone wrong...MOO MOO MOO

Anyone can claim "self-defense"...anyone can...Just imagine if the mafia used the excuse "They were gonna kill me, so I killed them first"?

The very best thing to do would have been to call the police and not shoot anyone, IMHO.
I wonder how many times he did just that. Called the police and reported burglaries?
Anyone know how to find out how many times the salvage owner filed police reports of burglaries? I'm sorry I don't know how to find that info.
Edited

Last edited:
My question at the press conference would have been "Do we know if the same gun or same caliber bullets were used to kill all 4 victims?"

Keeping in mind Prentice doesn't want to cause alarm in rural Okmulgee either way.
Also really bugged about the parts where Prentice talks about "we believe we've collected all of the "items" from the river. It's not that he may be talking about body parts, something about it bugged me. He said other items were found on consecutive days but they believe they have all the "items" collected.

I wonder how many times he did just that. Called the police and reported it. It's been 10 years since the 2012 incident. I think the man snapped. He'd had enough of people taking advantage of him and the police reports didn't prevent him from being burgled. My guess.
Anyone know how to find out how many times the salvage owner filed police reports of burglaries? I'm sorry I don't know how to find that info.
www.odcr.com is a good place to start, haven't looked him up yet. This is Oklahoma's On Demand Court Record site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro