OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does LE know that , I cant pull up fb at work so I cant see it :(

It says the PI has spoken with him, he was very nice and very cooperative.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that some defining piece of incriminating evidence is found. These two have very little incentive to cooperate now. IMO.

This is such a good point. LE needed to leverage the threat of more prison time to find Molly + Colt. I dont believe LE leveraged these other charges good enough to help find them. In fact, it appears LE did not leverage the other cases at all. Its so frustrating. Its all LE had to help find them.

Now, there is no hope unless the PI can work more wonders. Its so frustrating.

Here is just 1 example of how LE could have leveraged the cases.
There comes a point in time where you would rather just find the person and know what happened rather than to go the rest of your life without ever knowing what happened. None of us wanted to see Colt or his GF or his Mom get any kind of good deal, but apparantly they already got good deals and there appears to have been no leverage used to help find the 2 missing people.

So before those other cases were resolved, what if LE could have gone to Colt and said. Look, we just need you to tell us what happened, what you did with them, and we will let all 3 cases get resolved to where they are at now already, and we wont press murder charges on you but give you 10 years for manslaughter, with chance of parole after 5.

Some may think even that is way too good of a deal but if there is no hope of ever finding out what happened and no hope of murder charges ever getting filed at all, would we rather have this kind of deal and actually find out what happened to them.

I suppose its a gamble that LE is taking to someday find enough proof to file murder charges and find out what happened.

The problem now is since these other cases are being resolved without leveraging them at all, there is little incentive to get any cooperation from the person that knows what happened.

I hope the PI can help some more. This case is so tragic. I am truly afraid we will never find out what happened to them.

This is such a good point. LE needed to leverage the threat of more prison time to find Molly + Colt. I dont believe LE leveraged these other charges good enough to help find them. In fact, it appears LE did not leverage the other cases at all. Its so frustrating. Its all LE had to help find them.

Now, there is no hope unless the PI can work more wonders. Its so frustrating.

Here is just 1 example of how LE could have leveraged the cases.
There comes a point in time where you would rather just find the person and know what happened rather than to go the rest of your life without ever knowing what happened. None of us wanted to see Colt or his GF or his Mom get any kind of good deal, but apparantly they already got good deals and there appears to have been no leverage used to help find the 2 missing people.

So before those other cases were resolved, what if LE could have gone to Colt and said. Look, we just need you to tell us what happened, what you did with them, and we will let all 3 cases get resolved to where they are at now already, and we wont press murder charges on you but give you 10 years for manslaughter, with chance of parole after 5.

Some may think even that is way too good of a deal but if there is no hope of ever finding out what happened and no hope of murder charges ever getting filed at all, would we rather have this kind of deal and actually find out what happened to them.

I suppose its a gamble that LE is taking to someday find enough proof to file murder charges and find out what happened.

The problem now is since these other cases are being resolved without leveraging them at all, there is little incentive to get any cooperation from the person that knows what happened.

I hope the PI can help some more. This case is so tragic. I am truly afraid we will never find out what happened to them.

I know what you mean, but I guess it all depends on what LE got out of the people surrounding Conn. The PI found several people, who may have been involved or knew what happened. LE could be making deals with one or some of them for all we know. Seems that the PI agency is still working on the case too. Let's hope they find the answers, which will lead to an arrest and conviction.

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/...s-could-be-linked-274689621.html?device=phone

Lead investigator Philip Klein says during their search for Molly and Colt, he believes they've uncovered clues into another Carter County missing persons case, Brandon Nichols. "Right now it's a double homicide but we do have another missing person from out there that's not our part of the case but during the scope of our investigation we have discovered that there is another missing person, oil-field worker, from that area that is missing," said Klein...

"We have had extensive conversation with the Nichols family, we have had extensive conversation with the next of kin, we are sharing that information with investigators over in Carter County," said Klein.

Klein says he believes one or more of the persons of interest in the Miller and Haynes case could be linked to Nichol's disappearance. "We don't think that Brandon was involved in this incident but we believe the same players that were in this incident, some of the same players in this incident, could be involved in the Brandon Nichols case," said Klein.

Gotta go cross-post this on Brandon's thread. I'll jump on any excuse to bump one of my Oklahoma cases, lol.

There seems to be so many "players" in this case now, I can't keep 'em all straight. This is terrific news for both the Miller/Haynes and Nichols cases though. Hopefully we'll see some movement soon.

And don't forget Jordan Buckaloo, who went missing from Love County in 2011. Still no arrests for his murder.

Holy spit!

Video at link:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/...Molly-Miller--Colt-Haynes-case-274832001.html

The Love County Sheriff is speaking out in response to allegations, that he knew about physical evidence regarding a missing persons case, and did nothing about it...

Klein says a witness claims the mother of one of the persons of interest took the gun and machete to a friends house and that the Love County Sheriff's office was notified at that time. "According to the evidence that we have and the witness statements we have, she took it to a third party's house and told that third party that the Sheriff of Love County knew about the gun and he asked that it be kept at that residence," said Klein.

Sheriff Joe Russell says, "I had never been notified of no machete or no gun and if we would've been notified that they was there, we need to go pick them up, first thing I would've done, I would've contacted the chief of police of Wilson, Oklahoma."

:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Hmm, I wonder who that mother of a person of interest could be? :waiting:

Oh, that reminds me... she's about due for sentencing, right? I need to check on that...

Looking forward to this!!!

"I believe in the next 6 weeks we should have some affirmative answers on the DNA," said Klein.
(linked above)

Ah, thank you, Mrs. O. My head was exploding over Sheriff Joe's plaintive plea for closure for his own family and I forgot to add the DNA part.

Looking at ODCR, Mama Nipp's sentencing was Monday. Guilty plea on the Transporting Open Container charge. What does CST;BEG$ mean? Was she sentenced to beg for money? :floorlaugh:

Okay, anyway, on the felony charges, guilty/nolo plea and... well, :censored:. Deferred sentence. I knew it. How long, though?

Nothing in MSM. Checking Facebook... one year. Pffft, figures.

http://www.news9.com/story/26513051/multiple-carter-county-missing-person-cases-could-be-linked

“A relative of Con Knipp, his mother, was in possession of a weapon that Knipp gave to her two days after the event or the disappearance of Molly and Colt,” said Klein. “She stored it at her house until police came to her house wanting to talk to her.”

The investigators have also pinned down additional persons of interest in the case. Their names are being withheld, because they have not been arrested, but Klein believes the same people are connected to the disappearance of an oil field worker.

“He has been identified as someone taking shots, and there are vehicles we have now found and law enforcement has found, and he is definitely a person of interest,” Klein said.

Hmmm, I wonder how the known characters in the Molly and Colt case know Brandon? How are they connected? There isn't much about Brandon's background except for a couple of DUIs. Is there a popular bar in Wilson where folks meet?

Yeah, well, journalism these days. :dunno:

It says "they" in the second paragraph and "he" in the third, so I'm not really clear on that. It does say "and he is definitely a person of interest," so I was thinking either Con or someone in his social circle, and the "taking shots" was with a gun.

I have no idea if Brandon had ever met any of these people. Maybe he did and had partied with them and/or ran afoul of them at some point. Or maybe they were tweekin' and just randomly ran across Brandon while he was out there working and caused him to have a Very Bad Day.

I wish Klein would drop me a PM and clue me in, lol.

If you get that PM, forward it on to us ;)

Man, I wish they would stop quoting Sheriff Russell. It really makes Oklahoma look like a bunch of uneducated rednecks. :facepalm:

Machete? I really really hate to think about the possibilities and what that could mean. I can't imagine wanting to "hide" that weapon unless it was used. (That was tough to type) I hope Conn gets what he deserves behind bars. I'm sure he's made some enemies along the way.

So his mother gave the weapons to someone else to keep as the property was being searched...and probably researched. This person called the authorities and nothing was done. Now Sheriff Russell (who is a family member) is throwing his hands up and saying this never happened or he would've taken care of it. Anyone else starting to think the weapon-holder might be a mutual family member?

Just think where this case would be if it weren't for Klein. It's a shame a PI had to get involved to get anything rolling in this case. I really think we will start to see some answers shortly, and more arrests. Thank the good Lord for PI Klein!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back