OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 Jul 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks you guys for posting the articles. I don't understand why he was released on his own recognizance. Is it because he's an elected official?

I am thoroughly disgusted by Joe Russell. And I thought we had problems with the Tulsa Sheriff. HA! He's got nothing on booty bumpin' Joe. Oh, I so hope this crazy mess comes to an end soon and Molly and Colt are found and that county is cleaned up.

That would be my guess as to the OR.

It could also be a matter of what is typically granted by that judge and in that jurisdiction.

I'm not familiar with how that is determined in Oklahoma.

It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction in my state (Texas.) Some courts and judges rarely release on Personal Recognizance while others are quite generous with it.

I don't think he is a flight risk at this time.

A suicide risk, perhaps.

Danger to others? Possibly, but I don't think he is totally unmonitored at this time.

Wouldn't you just resign at this point if you were him? There's no coming back from this.

Wouldn't you just resign at this point if you were him? There's no coming back from this.
One would think he would resign. But then, who would think a sheriff would behave like that. I am really happy to see this all coming out for the families of the missing people. On another note, is there no way no how that any of this could be connected to the Tommy Eastep case? It is just all in such close proximity and the subject matter seems to match....

I think the answers to Tommy's disappearance are closer to where his truck was found. Just IMO.

http://m.koco.com/news/love-county-...pleads-not-guilty-to-felony-charges/40897794#

Video at KOCO.

My first inclination that Gary Brown is representing Russell was correct.

Alrighty, then.

Interesting comment attributed to Brown in that he thinks Russell was "set up."

Is this where Russell turns on others who may have had dirty dealings with him? Lol.

Not going to be enough as far as legal strategies go, IMO.

Curious as to who the persons are who appear to be in Russell's "entourage" in the video from the courthouse in Madill. Extended family?

One would think he would resign. But then, who would think a sheriff would behave like that. I am really happy to see this all coming out for the families of the missing people. On another note, is there no way no how that any of this could be connected to the Tommy Eastep case? It is just all in such close proximity and the subject matter seems to match....

That has been brought up here due to a few similarities:
1) They disappeared on the same day.
2) Both cases have some sort of tie to Meth.
3) They are close in Proximity. You can even see one of Tommy's last facebook photos taken in Davis, OK, which is not far from Ardmore.

Despite these similarities, I'm going to have to concur with OkieGranny and say that Tommy's disappearance probably more related to the area in which his truck was found. I believe it was coincidence.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) will hold a news conference Friday morning to release new information in the disappearances of Molly Miller and Colt Haynes.

The news conference will take place at 11 a.m. inside the public library, located at 320 E. Street NW in Ardmore, Oklahoma. OSBI agents will update the public on their efforts to solve the case.

News9.com plans to live-stream this conference.

OSBI Director Stan Florence will host the press conference and release information on a reward for information. The case agent will also speak.

OSBI agents said they are hopeful that such attention to the case and a sizeable reward will encourage someone with information to come forward.
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=32552848&catId=112032

Not to mention the forward progress in getting Joe Russell out of a position of authority and towards a criminal conviction.

That has been brought up here due to a few similarities:
1) They disappeared on the same day.
2) Both cases have some sort of tie to Meth.
3) They are close in Proximity. You can even see one of Tommy's last facebook photos taken in Davis, OK, which is not far from Ardmore.

Despite these similarities, I'm going to have to concur with OkieGranny and say that Tommy's disappearance probably more related to the area in which his truck was found. I believe it was coincidence.

Tommy's case seems more like a suicide to me. He was kicked out of a family reunion just prior to that for being high, that must have been very embarrassing for him.

From News 9 : FBI Testimony Reveals Claims Against Love Co. Sheriff
FBI Testimony Reveals Claims Against Love Co. Sheriff,
http://www.news9.com/story/32558927/fbi-testimony-reveals-claims-against-love-co-sheriff

This article confirms the 3rd person is Jordan Buckaroo. My apologies if this has been posted.

"Three names were mentioned during that hearing of people who disappeared from the county after cooperating with local law enforcement.
They are Jordan Buckaloo, whose decomposed body was found in 2012, then Molly Miller and Colt Haynes.
The two haven't been seen since 2013."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am very curious about the press conference being held Friday. What could they discuss other than the reward money? Is it too much to hope for that Russell has been cooperating? I can't imagine they would share any evidence, but it would be nice to see this case move forward.

Tommy's case seems more like a suicide to me. He was kicked out of a family reunion just prior to that for being high, that must have been very embarrassing for him.

If it was suicide, then why haven't we found him yet? They have searched that area quite a bit.

Now that the sheriff has been arrested, LE must believe that more people will be willing to come forward with information. Perhaps the female that Paul Fielder suggested.

Not trying to be rude, but that's not a valid argument. There's so many cases where missing people turn up in areas that have already been searched. It's very common.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Your stating the exception. Not the norm. Your argument is much more invalid that mine. Its not like he could have buried himself or hid himself. They have searched that area several times with very large groups of people. He isn't there unless he was buried or hid by a third party.

Go ahead and keep searching that area. You won't find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back