OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly! My heart sunk reading this!

Mine, too! I was so hoping that they really just ran off scared. I would think that an arrest should be immediate as that info has been released by MSM. Don't give "?" time to run!

Mine, too! I was so hoping that they really just ran off scared. I would think that an arrest should be immediate as that info has been released by MSM. Don't give "?" time to run!

Looks like the investigators did their homework. They probably have witnesses or info from questioning people with phone records or something to back it up. I look forward to the arrest.

It is interesting that Colt wasn't mentioned. I don't think he is with us either, after reading this news.

You are right about the perp running. Any news of this and he may book before he is arrested.

This is all so sad for the families.

Hmm, I'm back to being a little unclear about the investigation. I watched the news video and read the article again and have found there seems like an arrest will be made soon, but there is also a new lead. A bit confusing.

In my last post, I said Colt wasn't mentioned in the article. I was wrong.

Hmm, I'm back to being a little unclear about the investigation. I watched the news video and read the article again and have found there seems like an arrest will be made soon, but there is also a new lead. A bit confusing.

In my last post, I said Colt wasn't mentioned in the article. I was wrong.

I just watched the video link in the news story and seen that, too. I wonder if this new lead part was something that was discovered in time for the 10:00 news that wasn't available in the 6:00 news? There's nothing about it in the written part of the story from earlier this evening.

I watched the 10pm news and I didn't catch the story that time. Not sure if I missed it or if it wasn't on the 10pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I just watched the video link in the news story and seen that, too. I wonder if this new lead part was something that was discovered in time for the 10:00 news that wasn't available in the 6:00 news? There's nothing about it in the written part of the story from earlier this evening.

This is the last 2 paragraphs in the news article. According to the news video, the last paragraph's info was from the news station asking the Wilson Police Chief about the investigation.
The first paragraph was information from the interview with Molly's cousin. At any rate, it looks like the case is very active and fluid at this point. I guess time will tell.

"Fielder told News 9 that OHP investigators have kept the family updated on the progress of the case with information she could not share for fear it would compromise the investigation. She did say, however, that investigators are closing in on making an arrest in the case. Fielder also said that she and her family think Molly was murdered.

Wilson Police Chief Felix Hernandez said Tuesday afternoon that they are actively following up on a new lead this week."​

http://www.news9.com/story/23886789/family-of-missing-wilson-teenager-says-case-has-progressed

On one of the older news articles, I did notice a comment where someone named a name of someone who killed the couple. The commentor could be a troll trying to get back at someone or they heard a rumor, or they actually knew what happened and are speaking the truth. The name posted wasn't CN's name, but possibly it was a friend of CN's. The comment could very well be hogwash, but I'm curious to see if the name comes up again in this investigation.

JMO

wow....thanks for all the updates everyone.

Glad to hear there is finally movement on the case. It sounds like the families efforts to get the right type of LE looking at this has really helped out. I finally think the family has someone they can trust.

I just hope LE can get enough evidence to prove what happened.

It does make you wonder what kind of things they have found to convince them Molly is no longer with us. Wonder if there are some other people that were told some things by someone, and maybe they have come forward with what they heard.

It would be interesting to find out when that trailer was burned. If it was shortly after them going missing, it makes you wonder if the trailer could have been where they ended up. If it was burnt on purpose, there is probably no record of fire trucks being called. It could have been first attempt to destroy evidence, and then maybe moved again to a pit that burned for weeks to try to burn things better.

Just glad to hear that movement on the case is occurring. It does kind of prove that the case was going nowhere until they got the right people to help them, which is sad that it took them pushing the issue.

Am pondering what a new lead might mean. That statement came from the Wilson PD and not the OHP, so it seems more likely to be somebody talking rather than forensic evidence.

And, as a native Oklahoman, I have to admit that I had no idea the Oklahoma Highway Patrol did anything other than patrol the highways. This is the first time I've heard of the OHP being involved in this type of investigation, and it seemed so odd that I had to go to their website to see what kind of cases might fall under their jurisdiction. Turns out they do have an investigations division and hurray for that because the OSBI is not noted for stellar performance, as you might have guessed by the agent collecting potential DNA evidence in a Mountain Dew can.

PMF said, "I think they have been able to confirm that she is deceased." Could it be there was some usable forensic evidence in that Mountain Dew can after all? DNA? Maybe a tooth or bone fragment? Or something in the car that indicated a non-survivable injury? Because last I heard, the OHP had taken the car for further testing, and then everybody clammed up.

Hatfield, the mobile home was no longer there by April 2012 when the satellite image was taken. Oh, I just remembered you don't have FB so you can't see what was described. PMF wrote that if you go to Google Earth there is a clearly visible circle drive at the end of Long Hollow where there is a travel trailer. Behind that trailer there is a gate that they would have had to stop and open, so if the Love County deputy had continued pursuit, he would have caught the driver, Colt, and Molly right there, but instead the deputy turned around and left.

That particular corner could be described as the end of Long Hollow because that is where the the asphalt or gravel (it's hard to tell) part of the road ends, and straight ahead beyond that is only a dirt track. Turning to the west at that corner looks like it would take you to a gate as PMF described, and then on to the area where I believe the car was eventually found. And, as I said earlier, the former site of a mobile home would make sense as the current site of a travel trailer that someone might be living in because the utilities would already be in place to hook up to it. The travel trailer is not burned, as far as I know.

Am pondering what a new lead might mean. That statement came from the Wilson PD and not the OHP, so it seems more likely to be somebody talking rather than forensic evidence.

And, as a native Oklahoman, I have to admit that I had no idea the Oklahoma Highway Patrol did anything other than patrol the highways. This is the first time I've heard of the OHP being involved in this type of investigation, and it seemed so odd that I had to go to their website to see what kind of cases might fall under their jurisdiction. Turns out they do have an investigations division and hurray for that because the OSBI is not noted for stellar performance, as you might have guessed by the agent collecting potential DNA evidence in a Mountain Dew can.

PMF said, "I think they have been able to confirm that she is deceased." Could it be there was some usable forensic evidence in that Mountain Dew can after all? DNA? Maybe a tooth or bone fragment? Or something in the car that indicated a non-survivable injury? Because last I heard, the OHP had taken the car for further testing, and then everybody clammed up.

Hatfield, the mobile home was no longer there by April 2012 when the satellite image was taken. Oh, I just remembered you don't have FB so you can't see what was described. PMF wrote that if you go to Google Earth there is a clearly visible circle drive at the end of Long Hollow where there is a travel trailer. Behind that trailer there is a gate that they would have had to stop and open, so if the Love County deputy had continued pursuit, he would have caught the driver, Colt, and Molly right there, but instead the deputy turned around and left.

That particular corner could be described as the end of Long Hollow because that is where the the asphalt or gravel (it's hard to tell) part of the road ends, and straight ahead beyond that is only a dirt track. Turning to the west at that corner looks like it would take you to a gate as PMF described, and then on to the area where I believe the car was eventually found. And, as I said earlier, the former site of a mobile home would make sense as the current site of a travel trailer that someone might be living in because the utilities would already be in place to hook up to it. The travel trailer is not burned, as far as I know.

Thanks. I was dense and didnt realize they went missing after the date of the satelitte photo. So, scratch the theory on them using the mobile home as a place to burn initial evidence.

I also agree about the travel trailer and this is most likely exactly where they turned off during the chase.

In addition to whatever evidence they found in the car, I suspect they have talked with someone who is wanting to stay out of trouble and knows something that was said to him/her.

They seem pretty confident now, and I think to me, that means verbal discussion. All JMO of course.

This is really good news though. I am glad to see some progress.

wow....thanks for all the updates everyone.

Glad to hear there is finally movement on the case. It sounds like the families efforts to get the right type of LE looking at this has really helped out. I finally think the family has someone they can trust.

I just hope LE can get enough evidence to prove what happened.

It does make you wonder what kind of things they have found to convince them Molly is no longer with us. Wonder if there are some other people that were told some things by someone, and maybe they have come forward with what they heard.

It would be interesting to find out when that trailer was burned. If it was shortly after them going missing, it makes you wonder if the trailer could have been where they ended up. If it was burnt on purpose, there is probably no record of fire trucks being called. It could have been first attempt to destroy evidence, and then maybe moved again to a pit that burned for weeks to try to burn things better.

Just glad to hear that movement on the case is occurring. It does kind of prove that the case was going nowhere until they got the right people to help them, which is sad that it took them pushing the issue.

bolded by me.

If this is the trailer right off Long Hollow on the dirt road, I doubt it is connected, because it is shown as burned down to the ground on Google maps. I think the maps are older than this case. However, the fire pit may be related to the case. If there is no reasonable explanation for why that fire pit exists (to burn a stump to farm, or for a future building site, or room for oil pumping equipment, etc.) then IMO, it looks very, very suspicious, especially if that pit is on CN's family's land.

O/T. Just to try and cheer us up with a little humor....

I love small midwest towns and dont mean to make fun of them because there are some of the best and most friendly people in the country. I lived in Texas for a little bit, and I loved it there.

Based on the interview with Molly's relatives about the fire pit, it sounded like the fire pit investigation went something like this......
"Hey Bubba, grab that old tin can over there, and use this here stick to dig out some of that there stuff at the bottom". :)

Just kidding of course, and like I mentioned, I love small midwest towns. The people are wonderful, and they ultimately get the job done in their own ways. I had some of the best times of my life living in the midwest. And there is definite truth to the whole "southern hospitality" thing. The people are wonderful.

bolded by me.

If this is the trailer right off Long Hollow on the dirt road, I doubt it is connected, because it is shown as burned down to the ground on Google maps. I think the maps are older than this case. However, the fire pit may be related to the case. If there is no reasonable explanation for why that fire pit exists (to burn a stump to farm, or for a future building site, or room for oil pumping equipment, etc.) then IMO, it looks very, very suspicious, especially if that pit is on CN's family's land.

You are right. The date of the photo shows the mobile home was burnt before they went missing.

I agree the fire pit does sound very interesting. Mollys relatives seemed concerned about the fire pit too.

I feel tremendous empathy for the Miller and Haynes families, and hope the answers come soon.

I'm just afraid that if Colt and Molly are in that hole, we may never know exactly what happened to them. I mean, the exact series of events, with the phone calls and everything.

It is encouraging that the case finally seems to be in the right hands.

I feel tremendous empathy for the Miller and Haynes families, and hope the answers come soon.

I'm just afraid that if Colt and Molly are in that hole, we may never know exactly what happened to them. I mean, the exact series of events, with the phone calls and everything.

It is encouraging that the case finally seems to be in the right hands.

Im putting my hopes that someone close to the perp(s) was personally told some information by the perp(s) and they are the ones coming forward to LE to stay out of trouble. I am hoping that sort of scenerio then leads to a confession/plea bargain to get to the truth of exactly what happened.

Am hoping the extent of LE's culpability in all this proves to be little or none.

On one of the older news articles, I did notice a comment where someone named a name of someone who killed the couple. The commentor could be a troll trying to get back at someone or they heard a rumor, or they actually knew what happened and are speaking the truth. The name posted wasn't CN's name, but possibly it was a friend of CN's. The comment could very well be hogwash, but I'm curious to see if the name comes up again in this investigation.

JMO

I must have missed that comment. It will be interesting to find the who, what and hopefully why.

Pretty quiet on this thread today. I guess we're all still absorbing the info in last night's news report.

I've run out of clues to sleuth and am pretty much at a standstill on this case until a suspect is named or charged so we can high-five all around and unleash the hounds on him. And all of my attention has been focused on finding Colt and Molly the last few weeks, so I'm kind of feeling at loose ends right now.

Just started looking into the Nicole Waller case; it's a pretty twisty one up in Montana. If any of you have any other pet cases you'd like some help on, just let me know. Maybe I can make you a map, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay