OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started following this thread a few days ago and it took me that long to read everything. All I can think about is Reba McIntyre's song "The Night the Lights Went Out In Georgia."

Hopefully with all of the other LE organizations involved something positive and case changing will happen.

Jenna

Somebody posted on OFMM that they seen the Wilson PD search and rescue boat out today. They are not disclosing location and have no idea if it's related.

Well, hmm, she's being coy on OFMM but I looked elsewhere and saw the location was Sivells Bend. There's a little community by that name right across the Red River in Texas, but I'd bet that whole stretch of the river that curves around it is also called Sivells Bend. Google Maps does show that Walnut Bayou flows into the Red River right about there, maybe 8 to 10 miles to the south from where Colt and Molly disappeared.

And it's Wilson PD, who said they were following a fresh lead this week. Hmm...

Really, though, if they've been out there on the river today, it doesn't mean they're finding anything. It just means they're looking, for whatever reason. But if there is anything there to be found, I certainly hope they do manage to locate it.

If Molly and Colt were killed by CN, then does it make sense that his motive could have been that he didn't want any witnesses disclosing to police that he was the driver of that car? Seems LE may not have enough evidence to pin him as the driver. If he is proven to be the driver, he could go to jail. I get the impression he was dead set on not going to jail.

JMO

Well, hmm, she's being coy on OFMM but I looked elsewhere and saw the location was Sivells Bend. There's a little community by that name right across the Red River in Texas, but I'd bet that whole stretch of the river that curves around it is also called Sivells Bend. Google Maps does show that Walnut Bayou flows into the Red River right about there, maybe 8 to 10 miles to the south from where Colt and Molly disappeared.

And it's Wilson PD, who said they were following a fresh lead this week. Hmm...

Really, though, if they've been out there on the river today, it doesn't mean they're finding anything. It just means they're looking, for whatever reason. But if there is anything there to be found, I certainly hope they do manage to locate it.

bolded by me.

Where did you find this info? Looks like there are back roads to the river from the Pike road too. Unless, some are private or gated.

If Molly and Colt were killed by CN, then does it make sense that his motive could have been that he didn't want any witnesses disclosing to police that he was the driver of that car? Seems LE may not have enough evidence to pin him as the driver. If he is proven to be the driver, he could go to jail. I get the impression he was dead set on not going to jail.

JMO

Well, a double murder would be kind of extreme to avoid an eluding charge. My current theory leans toward Colt dying between 6 and 9:30, maybe from shock, maybe from whatever was causing him to cough up blood, and Molly being killed out of fear that she'd spill any secrets she knew after things had taken such a serious turn. Maybe it was believed that their absence would look like they just ran away together and no particular LE attention would be focused on finding them. I don't really know, it's just the only thing I can figure that makes any sense.

Hypothetically speaking, if the car was a rolling meth lab, that would be much more serious trouble than a simple eluding charge, but would someone go so far as killing two people to cover that up? Possibly, if he thought that was the only way to keep from going to prison, but it's not like they could rat him out without implicating themselves. And I have seen no proof that anything like that was in the car.

Surely you've seen Faces of Meth mug shots, and if that's what meth does to people's faces, you can imagine what it does to their brains. When tweakers get to tweakin', you can't always expect rational thought processes, so who knows? My meth-addled former DIL once called the cops and got herself arrested for trafficking; she just didn't think things through at all. :facepalm:

Well, this is new info:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1404867179751147&id=1399532586951273

A hoodie and a backpack, possibly a pair of jeans, found in different areas the day the car was found. Colt's sister says she was with the group that found the hoodie. A camper? A wild hog in a cage? WTH? Molly's cousin says she saw the hog in a cage during a previous search, prior to the day the car was found, I think.

Well, this is new info:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1404867179751147&id=1399532586951273

A hoodie and a backpack, possibly a pair of jeans, found in different areas the day the car was found. Colt's sister says she was with the group that found the hoodie. A camper? A wild hog in a cage? WTH? Molly's cousin says she saw the hog in a cage during a previous search, prior to the day the car was found.
A disappearing caged hog too. (Twilight Zone music.)

Yes, the potential implications are very disturbing. I'd write this off as a crazy rumor, but with the family members chiming in... wow.

ETA: The wild hog might be from illegal trapping and the camper, well, if somebody thought LE was coming up there to search, they might have other reasons to make certain things disappear. Not necessarily directly related to Colt and Molly being missing. But I'd never heard before that any clothing or anything had been found during the search.

Can I trap hogs (live trap) on WMAs or private lands?

You can trap hogs on private land anytime, but on department managed lands, you can live trap hogs with box traps only during times and in areas open to trapping, including Honobia Creek, Three Rivers and Broken Bow WMAs. However, on Honobia Creek, Three Rivers and Broken Bow WMAs, feral hogs can only be killed during deer archery, youth antlerless deer gun, deer muzzleloader and the first nine days of deer gun season with the appropriate means of take for the season and you must have either a filled or unfilled deer license for that particular season.
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/hog_faq.htm#Can I trap hogs (live trap) on public or private lands?

Well, this is new info:

A hoodie and a backpack, possibly a pair of jeans, found in different areas the day the car was found. Colt's sister says she was with the group that found the hoodie. A camper? A wild hog in a cage? WTH? Molly's cousin says she saw the hog in a cage during a previous search, prior to the day the car was found, I think.

Wonder what commenter S.M. means by remembering the article and the cops found her and and didn't return her home and just told the family she was okay. I can't find what this is in reference to.

From the Oklahoma Department of Conservation.....looks like you can trap feral hogs at any time on your own land.

Can I trap hogs (live trap) on WMAs or private lands?

You can trap hogs on private land anytime, but on department managed lands, you can live trap hogs with box traps only during times and in areas open to trapping, including Honobia Creek, Three Rivers and Broken Bow WMAs. However, on Honobia Creek, Three Rivers and Broken Bow WMAs, feral hogs can only be killed during deer archery, youth antlerless deer gun, deer muzzleloader and the first nine days of deer gun season with the appropriate means of take for the season and you must have either a filled or unfilled deer license for that particular season.

BBM

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/hog_faq.htm#What licenses do I need to hunt hogs?

A note on the trapped hog -- my grandparents live down there and the hogs run wild on their property. My grandfather has several traps all over his ranch and some of them are such that they can be loaded easily into a truck or onto a trailer for transportation. We're talking less than 10 minutes to get the thing loaded and gone.

I feel like it's probably unrelated. Not much about it seems out of the ordinary for the area. There are so many hogs down there that a lot of people have to trap them to keep them from bothering livestock.

LOL! Thanks for the wild hog info, all of you. I want to believe the hog was totally unrelated, because that's just too awful to contemplate.

The camper, though. The most obvious possibility is that it was a mini-version of Walter White's RV, but you know what occurs to me? I've never been able to figure out what Colt and Molly and possibly the driver, if he wasn't hiding in his house most of the night, were doing during all those hours between the wreck and the last phone call at 9:30. Molly may have been walking around, but Colt was't, not on that ankle, so what were they doing? Just sitting in the woods? Could they have spent some period of time inside the camper? If so, Colt's blood might be in there.

Windstorm, it may have been reported in the news that Molly was a runaway prior to July 7, but I can't remember offhand if it was. The alleged story was that LE found her at a house on July 6 or so and reported back to her family that she was OK. And then questions followed about why didn't LE take her home, she was a minor, she'd be alive today, etc.

But there seems to be some dispute over details, whether she had actually run away or was staying with another family member. I really haven't paid much attention to anything before July 7, so that's all I know about it.

Molly's cousin's latest comment on that post confirms my initial thought about the camper. Says when the search team came up on 4-wheelers, there were people at the camper who quickly started packing up and getting out of there.

LOL! Thanks for the wild hog info, all of you. I want to believe the hog was totally unrelated, because that's just too awful to contemplate.

The camper, though. The most obvious possibility is that it was a mini-version of Walter White's RV, but you know what occurs to me? I've never been able to figure out what Colt and Molly and possibly the driver, if he wasn't hiding in his house most of the night, were doing during all those hours between the wreck and the last phone call at 9:30. Molly may have been walking around, but Colt was't, not on that ankle, so what were they doing? Just sitting in the woods? Could they have spent some period of time inside the camper? If so, Colt's blood might be in there.

Windstorm, it may have been reported in the news that Molly was a runaway prior to July 7, but I can't remember offhand if it was. The alleged story was that LE found her at a house on July 6 or so and reported back to her family that she was OK. And then questions followed about why didn't LE take her home, she was a minor, she'd be alive today, etc.

But there seems to be some dispute over details, whether she had actually run away or was staying with another family member. I really haven't paid much attention to anything before July 7, so that's all I know about it.

I had to go hunt this down. I think some people are totally reading this wrong:

Hernandez said the family filed a runaway report on July 8th and even though they said she has runaway a couple times before, the family said she's never gone this long without telling them where she was staying

Authorities said the Carter County sheriff's office is assisting them with the case, they said the sheriff's office got a tip the teen may have been in Ardmore on July 6th. They visited the home and were told miller and the man were dating and that they appeared to be fine.

BBM

To me, this says that after July 8th, when Molly's family reported her missing, LE started questioning people. LE found out that she had been at a house in Ardmore on July 6th; LE visited the home and learned that Molly & Colt were supposedly dating and appeared to be fine at that time.

I think some people are getting confused and thinking that LE found her at a home in Ardmore and didn't return her home. That's not what happened at all.

That's why I posted the question above. I thought maybe something new had come out that LE found Molly at a home after she was reported missing. That's how rumors get started!

http://www.kten.com/story/22847362/wilson-police-search-for-runaway-teen

To me, this says that after July 8th, when Molly's family reported her missing, LE started questioning people. LE found out that she had been at a house in Ardmore on July 6th; LE visited the home and learned that Molly & Colt were supposedly dating and appeared to be fine at that time.

I think some people are getting confused and thinking that LE found her at a home in Ardmore and didn't return her home. That's not what happened at all.

Thanks! Good work! Now that I'm looking at it, I read it the same way you do.

I always skimmed past the runaway question before because it was a distraction from the matter at hand, which is finding Molly (and Colt, but this question is about Molly). When I first came across this case, my hinky meter went off bigtime within just a day or so. Whether or not Molly had ever run away before, I know she's not a runaway now. She isn't hiding somewhere and she hasn't been carried off by a stranger.

She was with certain people on a certain night at a certain place and certain things happened. Anything that happened before the 7th might tell me why she was in the car with those two guys that night, but it isn't going to tell me where she is now. So, yeah, I kinda just ignored that stuff.

Still, it's good to have a better understanding of the issue, so I'm glad you cleared this up.

Well BINGO! That explains how my potbelly pig had babies two weeks ago, and we don't own a male! :floorlaugh:

Not a lot of activity today.....If you want something else to look at how about Ty Garret Davis. He disappeared in Oklahoma too.

Not a lot of activity today.....If you want something else to look at how about Ty Garret Davis. He disappeared in Oklahoma too.

Yeah, not a lot left to do on this case but wait and see what happens next.

Can't find anything on Ty other than his NCMEC listing. Not even a FB missing page. Have you heard something suspicious about his disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en